PDA

View Full Version : Ted Thompson interviews after games

Packers4Glory
08-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Is it just me, or is it weird that after games and such Ted Thompson has so many quotes about the team in the recaps? I see the chicago papers and don't recall seeing the GM's opinion so heavily laced in the game stories.

Did they quote Ron Wolf so much in the past?

gbpackfan
08-23-2009, 01:20 PM
I read an article last night, forget which paper, where a high ranking front office personnel man gave numerous quotes about the game. I believe this is normal during the preseason as GMs are evaluating players.

If TT says nothing, people jump all over him for that. Now he speaks, yet says very little, and we are still questioning it? Boy, the polar bear just can't win. :D

pbmax
08-23-2009, 01:24 PM
McGinn did. Especially in the earlier editions of stories as the reporters can get to the GM faster than the coaches and players in the locker room. In the Badger coverage, for instance, they get the HC for a brief radio interview after the TV guys, but then there is quite a delay before the locker room is available.

For a while, McGinn was quoting Packer personnel folks (or other team personnel guys) but I think Thompson eventually relented and granted these interviews. I think, but am not sure, that this continues into the reg. season. Its a bigger part of McGinn's write up than most. Wilde doesn't do it unless something big has happened to personnel. Wilde might also have less help at the game.