gex
08-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Class or no class?

Lurker64
08-24-2009, 12:47 AM
Can't I pick both?

Gunakor
08-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Your poll poses the question of whether it is okay or not to boo the opponent. Then your first post in this thread asks class or no class, as if to say that it is most definitely is classless to boo the opponent. They are two distinctly different questions. Your view of class is warped IMO. There is nothing classless about booing the enemy. Classless would be throwing snowballs and batteries at them. Booing them is fine. What's the problem?

Lurker64
08-24-2009, 01:41 AM
I definitely have to say that I agree that booing the visiting team in any professional sports context is absolutely not classless. Now it may not be the hallmark of class to boo every player at every position on every visiting team that comes into town, but booing certain players for your main rivals? That's totally reasonable.

channtheman
08-24-2009, 01:41 AM
It's all in good fun when you boo the away team anyway. It's not like I'm wishing harm on them or doing anything hurtful to them... unless grown men are too sensitive to the crowd booing.

Kiwon
08-24-2009, 02:26 AM
Teams are welcome in Green Bay.....especially if we should beat them. :)

Indeed, generally, opposing players/coaches are surprised how Green Bay fans treat them with more respect than in other cities in warm-ups and after the game. I hope that doesn't change.

BUT.....you go to a game to root your team on.

Cheer with class, boo with class. Just don't act like Giant fans. :P

ThunderDan
08-24-2009, 08:06 AM
Can't answer a poll question so severely biased by the creator!!!

CaptainKickass
08-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Can't answer a poll question so severely biased by the creator!!!

Agreed.

This is a lose/lose scenario and the poll question selections aren't realistic.

I also would choose both. But I can't. So I didn't choose.

That reminds me of Rush: "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..."

Hope that song gets stuck in your head now. :D

sheepshead
08-24-2009, 04:52 PM
I dont understand. Fan is short for fanatic (It's you're not your)
What are we trying to establish here?

Scott Campbell
08-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Class or no class?

FAIL.

Freak Out
08-24-2009, 04:55 PM
I'll always boo the enemy.....I'll boo Packers players and coaches if they suck.

Fritz
08-24-2009, 04:56 PM
I am booing this poll.

Scott Campbell
08-24-2009, 04:57 PM
I'll always boo the enemy.....I'll boo Packers players and coaches if they suck.

I boo people for not remaining classy.

sheepshead
08-24-2009, 05:10 PM
gex, did your little sister get hold of your packerrat account?

Freak Out
08-24-2009, 05:15 PM

Boo!

CaptainKickass
08-24-2009, 05:16 PM

Oh yeah?

Well I boo people for being too classy. Or at least trying to appear more classy than they actually are.

:)

Scott Campbell
08-24-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm sure this poll seemed like a good idea at the time gex. :lol:

CaptainKickass
08-24-2009, 05:46 PM

Boooooo!!

I'm not booing Gex for the thread. I'm booing Scott for being too classy.

:D

Fritz
08-24-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm booing the Cap'n for booing Scott.

Freak Out
08-24-2009, 06:31 PM

I could never Boo a Fritz.....that's where I draw the line. My Germanic blood does not allow it.

mission
08-24-2009, 06:37 PM
gex, did your little sister get hold of your packerrat account?

:lol: :lol:

ThunderDan
08-24-2009, 07:37 PM

I could never Boo a Fritz.....that's where I draw the line. My Germanic blood does not allow it.

Then I'll boo him for you.

BOOOO!! BOOO!!!

MOBB DEEP
08-25-2009, 01:43 AM
lmao, a bunch of cards

if booing is meant solely to distract the opposition, not demean individual players then its all good imo

mean-spirited heckling is for simple-minded folk (in abundance at lambeau and to be sure)

gex, hard to draw a conclusion on an individual's classiness using a measure like fandom since emotions are on a rollercoaster and foolish drinkn (leading to man breasts )often abounds...

i forget the cat's name but remember the obnoxious fan at bullets/wizards games who always laid into opposing players..he was a well-respected citizen who folk considered just havn fun with the ENTERTAINMENT

i think the more knowledgeable grounded ppl respect the game enuff to keep in perspective

gex
08-25-2009, 07:33 PM

True enough, I was a little buzzed when I made it... In fact untill I saw it I forgot that i had made it :oops:

Packers4Ever
08-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Your poll poses the question of whether it is okay or not to boo the opponent. Then your first post in this thread asks class or no class, as if to say that it is most definitely is classless to boo the opponent. They are two distinctly different questions. Your view of class is warped IMO. There is nothing classless about booing the enemy. Classless would be throwing snowballs and batteries at them. Booing them is fine. What's the problem?

I guess it's all in how you define "booing."Some will boo at every chance they get, others wouldn't be caught dead booing !!! :roll:

Scott Campbell
08-25-2009, 09:11 PM

I guess it's all in how you define "booing."Some will boo at every chance they get, others wouldn't be caught dead booing !!! :roll:

I bet the booing fans are a lot more fun at parties.

GrnBay007
08-25-2009, 09:37 PM

No. They are the negative types and don't have friends! :P

CaptainKickass
08-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Ok, ok...

I didn't want to, but now I'm gonna hafta BOO this entire thread. :)

If you are a professional athlete, expect to be boo'd. Humans haven't evolved to that level just yet, and likely not in the llifetime of anyone who reads this.

Hell it's your right to boo or not. It ain't illegal. I mean in some ways it's almost your obligation to boo.

C'mon now, tell me it ain't fun.

gex
08-26-2009, 12:18 AM

8-)

ThunderDan
08-26-2009, 08:03 AM

I better disinvite the 50+ friends and familyI invited to my 40th birthday party. Obviously I am too negative and have no friends.

I booed the Packers during the 35-0 loss to NE. Man were we $hitty. At the end of the game I was one of 12 people left in my section. Where did the other 300 go? I mean the REAL fans.

MichiganPackerFan
08-26-2009, 09:26 AM
I booed the Packers during the 35-0 loss to NE. Man were we $hitty. At the end of the game I was one of 12 people left in my section. Where did the other 300 go? I mean the REAL fans.

Interesting. Which is the greater "crime": Booing or leaving a game early?

GrnBay007
08-26-2009, 05:16 PM

I better disinvite the 50+ friends and familyI invited to my 40th birthday party. Obviously I am too negative and have no friends.

Good idea! Then you can invite your new friends at PR!!! :D
....open bar by any chance? :wink:

Scott Campbell
08-26-2009, 05:26 PM

Good thing I'm not negative. In fact I'm positive I'll boo Bert Farve.

8-)

retailguy
08-26-2009, 06:09 PM

Good thing I'm not negative. In fact I'm positive I'll boo Bert Favre.

8-)

Damnit! It is BRENT. BRENT, got it? How many times do I gotta tell you!

http://sconnie.com/scaled_jpg.php?src=images/products/positions/2/137.jpg&x=300

ThunderDan
08-26-2009, 08:27 PM

Good idea! Then you can invite your new friends at PR!!! :D
....open bar by any chance? :wink:

I'm a Wisconsin boy, you don't invite friends over and make them bring alcohol. Unless it's a gift to the host or hostess.

gex
08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Teams are welcome in Green Bay.....especially if we should beat them. :)

Indeed, generally, opposing players/coaches are surprised how Green Bay fans treat them with more respect than in other cities in warm-ups and after the game. I hope that doesn't change.

BUT.....you go to a game to root your team on.

Cheer with class, boo with class. Just don't act like Giant fans. :P

I think this I agree with. Except the booing part.
On the jumbotron I know they have sayings like GO PACK GO!, and DE-FENSE! But I have never seen BOO! or YOU SUCK! up on it.

Wonder why that is?
If its so acceptable to do so? :oops:

KYPack
08-26-2009, 11:03 PM

True enough, I was a little buzzed when I made it... In fact untill I saw it I forgot that i had made it :oops:

At least you were honest, Gex.

I'm sure there have been many more who have opened up a thread in the AM and thought WTF did I post?