PDA

View Full Version : Harvin Impressive thus far?

Partial
08-25-2009, 10:53 PM
CNNSI says this guy is the #1 rookie so far throughout camp and ps.

Ras, any thoughts?

Rastak
08-26-2009, 06:10 AM

Ras, any thoughts?

In camp he has been. Didn't play pre-season game one but had a couple short catches in game two....nothing special. Too early to say. He seems to have good hands, and is faster than Peterson and really quick from 0-60 so we'll see. I think he'll have an immediate impact as a KR.

Dabaddestbear
08-26-2009, 10:40 AM

Ras, any thoughts?

In camp he has been. Didn't play pre-season game one but had a couple short catches in game two....nothing special. Too early to say. He seems to have good hands, and is faster than Peterson and really quick from 0-60 so we'll see. I think he'll have an immediate impact as a KR.
Ok, that sounds scary. Maybe he was worth the money they gave him.

mraynrand
08-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Favrin to Harvin doesn't sound good.

Scott Campbell
08-26-2009, 10:50 AM
It used to be that rookie wideouts weren't expected to do much. But DeSean Jackson, Eddie Royal, and Donnie Avery over the last half of last year all showed me enough to reconsider that rule. I think all those guys were 2nd rounders.

retailguy
08-26-2009, 11:35 AM
It used to be that rookie wideouts weren't expected to do much. But DeSean Jackson, Eddie Royal, and Donnie Avery over the last half of last year all showed me enough to reconsider that rule. I think all those guys were 2nd rounders.

Wasn't fast eddie a 3rd rounder?

retailguy
08-26-2009, 11:38 AM
nope.... he was 2nd round. yep, all three were 2nd round...

rbaloha1
08-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Dynamic player that plays fast. Presents match-up problems and a wildcat threat. Coupled with AP the Viqueens offense is going to be tough to defense.

Partial
08-26-2009, 01:44 PM
I didn't think he'd be ready to step in as an impact receiver right away, but if you recall I was I made a thread about how if the Pack traded down a few spots I would have liked them to grab him. I think this guy has star potential because he is incredibly fast. He was the best offensive player for Florida without a doubt. There is something to be said for being the best athlete on the field.

mraynrand
08-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Dynamic player that plays fast. Presents match-up problems and a wildcat threat. Coupled with AP the Viqueens offense is going to be tough to defense.

Get to the QB.

http://www.guythatcher.com/photos/OldManWithCanes.jpg

Bretsky
08-26-2009, 05:39 PM

TRIVIA

And which ones did TTT choose to pass on and instead go with Jordy Nelson ?????

BlueBrewer
08-26-2009, 06:55 PM

Ras, any thoughts?

Troy Williamson was awfully fast too..... :lol:

Rastak
08-26-2009, 07:07 PM
I guess you missed the "He seems to have good hands" part of my description. Nobody is accusing Troy of having good hands..... :D

edit: By the way Blue, that rotton SOB is playing really well for the Jags this preseason.

]{ilr]3
08-27-2009, 06:24 AM
I guess you missed the "He seems to have good hands" part of my description. Nobody is accusing Troy of having good hands..... :D

edit: By the way Blue, that rotton SOB is playing really well for the Jags this preseason.

I saw a replay of that huge bomb he caught. His eye site didnt seem to be giving him any trouble to pull that one in.

Fritz
08-27-2009, 06:26 AM

TRIVIA

Chad Jackson! Right, Bretsky????

MOBB DEEP
08-27-2009, 08:26 AM

Get to the QB.

http://www.guythatcher.com/photos/OldManWithCanes.jpg

:lol:

BlueBrewer
08-27-2009, 10:54 AM

I knew you would mention that, the opportunity was too good for me to pass up though. :D

BlueBrewer
08-27-2009, 10:55 AM

TRIVIA

That was in Jenning's draft.

Cheesehead Craig
08-27-2009, 12:18 PM

TRIVIA

I'd go with all of those.

Fritz
08-27-2009, 01:17 PM

TRIVIA

I know. I'm ribbing Bretsky, because he and I were upset that TT passed over a sure thing in Jackson in favor of some small guy from a MAC school. And then we piled on when we heard who did draft Jackson. It was proof we were right.

mraynrand
08-27-2009, 01:20 PM

TRIVIA

I know. I'm ribbing Bretsky, because he and I were upset that TT passed over a sure thing in Jackson in favor of some small guy from a MAC school. And then we piled on when we heard who did draft Jackson. It was proof we were right.

It takes a secure, confident man to admit he was right when he was wrong.

SMACKTALKIE
08-27-2009, 01:53 PM

TRIVIA

Eddie Royal and Deshawn Jackson.

Harvin has been compared to Jackson, but I think Harvin has a better first step and is faster.

woodbuck27
08-27-2009, 07:35 PM
OooKaa. :D

Scott Campbell
08-27-2009, 08:26 PM

TRIVIA

Was that the birth of the curse of Bretsky?

Fritz
08-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Nah. That goes back at least to Odell Thurman.