PDA

View Full Version : Arizona lost Cody Brown OLB for the season.

pack4to84
08-26-2009, 05:38 PM
http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=891371&nid=4316167&fhn=1

Was he one of the possible draft pick that many here wanted the Packers to draft. Now with the Packers overloaded with OLB's could Arizona become a trade partner?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-26-2009, 08:27 PM

Was he one of the possible draft pick that many here wanted the Packers to draft. Now with the Packers overloaded with OLB's could Arizona become a trade partner?

No.

Lurker64
08-26-2009, 08:33 PM
He was a guy a number of us (at least Waldo and myself, of names I remember) wanted us to draft, but Arizona grabbed him a lot higher than I thought he would go.

I don't think Arizona's going to want to trade for Brad Jones or Cyril Obizior though.

Partial
08-26-2009, 08:35 PM
He was a guy a number of us (at least Waldo and myself, of names I remember) wanted us to draft, but Arizona grabbed him a lot higher than I thought he would go.

I don't think Arizona's going to want to trade for Brad Jones or Cyril Obizior though.

You know what chaps my ass about you Lurker, you basically just copy Waldo about everything. You basically plaguerized a blog post from him the other day.

That chaps my ass. Be yourself son.

Lurker64
08-26-2009, 08:37 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about, I don't even read Waldo's blog. I didn't even know he had a blog.

That being said, I liked Cody Brown as a player. A lot of people did. He was an undersized defensive end who is good in space, has good speed, and was very productive in college. Of course I liked him as an OLB.

retailguy
08-26-2009, 08:38 PM

No.

Well. that settles it, I guess.

Brando19
08-26-2009, 09:35 PM

No.

Welcome back, Ty.

Scott Campbell
08-27-2009, 03:03 PM
You know what chaps my ass about you Lurker, you basically just copy Waldo about everything. You basically plaguerized a blog post from him the other day.

WTF?

Deputy Nutz
08-27-2009, 03:06 PM

WTF?

He is a pip

Fritz
08-27-2009, 03:26 PM
A friend of mine maintains either Poppinga or Bishop will be traded.

honestly, I have no idea. It's early yet - people can get hurt.

Who knows.

BallHawk
08-27-2009, 03:39 PM

WTF?

Partial is on a crusade against anything relating to Waldo. Anything Waldo says, does, or is associated with becomes victim to Partial's attacks.

If Waldo stated that Macs were the best computers on the market, would Partial selfdestruct?

Lurker64
08-27-2009, 03:48 PM
I really just mentioned Waldo since he's the only poster here (that I know of) who gets as heavily and deep into the draft as I do. Most people don't really love the draft, or get into prospects beyond the first two rounds, which is fine (and probably normal and healthy). I didn't recall anybody else even mentioning Cody Brown in the lead up to the draft, but if they did and I forgot, I apologize.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-27-2009, 04:00 PM

No.

Well. that settles it, I guess.

Don't guess, be firm in your resolution that i'm right.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-27-2009, 04:01 PM

No.

Welcome back, Ty.

Thanx. How is that musket working out for you? Do you have indoor plumbing yet? :wink:

mraynrand
08-27-2009, 04:11 PM

Who knows.

Apparently, your friend. Does your friend have and inside connection or other credibility?

And yes, people can get hurt. Just ask the Skinbasket. :cry:

SkinBasket
08-27-2009, 04:24 PM

Partial, when people are sane, they tend to agree at a higher rate than you're used to. It's not plagiarism, it's called reality. BTW, I hope you have chap stick or some unscented lotion, because a chapped posterior is no laughing matter. Infection is a real possibility due to the proximity to the anus.

Fritz
08-27-2009, 05:44 PM

Who knows.

Apparently, your friend. Does your friend have and inside connection or other credibility?

And yes, people can get hurt. Just ask the Skinbasket. :cry:

No inside connections. His brother works at the GBPG but I don't think he has a mole in Lambeau or anything. Just his opinion - he thinks they've been talking up Popps in order to generate ioterest, and believes that Bishop's being kept out of practice over a minor injury may be so that he does not aggravate it and mess up any trade value. He believes that if Mathews comes back healthy in the next week, a trade might be something the Packers would be interested in.

Just speculation on his part. My point is that I'd be leery of trading until a little further down the metaphorical road.

CaptainKickass
08-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Who knows?

Who knows? The Shadow Knows!

Fritz
08-27-2009, 05:54 PM
By golly, you're right!

Shadow! Hey! What's gonna happen on the linebacker front?

sheepshead
08-27-2009, 06:10 PM

Jesus.

SkinBasket
08-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Just his opinion - he thinks they've been talking up Popps in order to generate ioterest

One reason I was happy to see Poppinga play well last week. He also seems to be getting a lot of snaps. Gotta trot those ponies out to sell em. Even the ugly ones.

Fritz
08-27-2009, 06:13 PM
A few months back I asked posters here what they thought Poppinga could net in a trade.

I got responses ranging from "a pack of peanuts" to "nothing at all."

Ted's got work to do.

SkinBasket
08-27-2009, 06:45 PM
A few months back I asked posters here what they thought Poppinga could net in a trade.

Ted's got work to do.

I would think he would get a 6th or 5th considering his experience and it's not like he's retarded or anything. He just isn't very good at several aspects of his position.

Freak Out
08-27-2009, 07:06 PM

Ted's got work to do.

I would think he would get a 6th or 5th considering his experience and it's not like he's retarded or anything. He just isn't very good at several aspects of his position.

Why would we want to trade the best LB on the team? :wink: