PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Packer Clowney now with starting unit

mmmdk
08-26-2009, 09:43 PM
David Clowney practiced with the Jets' first-team offense Wednesday and appears to have passed Chansi Stuckey on the depth chart.

Clowney has jets :D Hands too? Another great TT draft pick but nothing wrong Packer depth at WR though.

Waldo
08-26-2009, 09:57 PM
TT's 2007 day 2 is pretty epic. Every player is still in the NFL, all are likely to be through this season, most are starters.

Rouse - Backup S, roster bubble, will be quickly signed if we cut him
Barbre - Starting RT
Clowney - Starting WR (NYJ)
Crosby - Starting K
Hall - Starting FB
Bishop - Talk of the town
Wynn - Backup RB, roster bubble, will be quickly signed if we cut him
Harris - Starting LS, backup TE (Hou)

gbpackfan
08-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Until Clowney proves himself when it matters, he's junk. He was "the talk of the town" last year in Jets' training camp and nothing came of it. There are many preseason heroes. Most of them turn out to be regular season zeoes.

Waldo
08-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Until Clowney proves himself when it matters, he's junk. He was "the talk of the town" last year in Jets' training camp and nothing came of it. There are many preseason heroes. Most of them turn out to be regular season zeoes.

He was injured and missed most of the season. For how severe he was injured, it is saying something that they never put him on IR and waited it out.

oregonpackfan
08-27-2009, 12:43 AM
I saw him catch a TD pass from Kellen Clemens the other night. Clowney did a good job of getting open, slowing down, and hauling in pass that was slightly underthrown.

gbpackfan
08-27-2009, 01:01 AM

He was injured and missed most of the season. For how severe he was injured, it is saying something that they never put him on IR and waited it out.

Harrell is injured a lot too. So is Lee. These guys are junk. Clowney is a clown.

TheRaven
08-27-2009, 08:18 AM
He is alright, but if he is starting for a team, then that team should be looking at upgrading that position soon.

KYPack
08-27-2009, 09:35 AM
He is alright, but if he is starting for a team, then that team should be looking at upgrading that position soon.

He has learned, I'll give him that. After we cut him, I saw him at a game I attended. He was de-active for the Jets, but was on their sideline. He is very slender. In street clothes, he looked like a high school kid.

I figure him for a ST/4th WR and slot guy.

The Jets are starting him, good luck to 'em.

He can run, but how he holds up is a puzzle to me.

mmmdk
08-27-2009, 01:47 PM

Are you calling Clowney for Mr. August !? :D

gbpackfan
08-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Mr. August! I love that term! :lol:

woodbuck27
08-27-2009, 07:45 PM
We have so much depth at WR it's really tough to crack it in Green Bay.

I wish David Clowney well but I don't think we missed much.