PDA

View Full Version : Favre Division in Minny?

rbaloha1
08-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Childress denies there is a faction that prefers Jackson over Favre

Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress said he's aware of the two reports suggesting some of his players still support Tarvaris Jackson as the starter over Brett Favre.

"You know, I've seen the same reports that you've seen," Childress said.

"Those are opinion," Childress said later. "It's hard to shoot holes in an opinion. Opinions are just that, it's an opinion. I certainly don't see anything that looks close to that."

On Monday, during halftime of the New York Jets and Baltimore Ravens game, ESPN reporter Adam Schefter said players still prefer Jackson over Favre.

Earlier today, reinforcing a July posting, profootballtalk.com reported that a "faction" of players still prefer Jackson.

"According to the source, this 'faction' of, for now, an undetermined size regards Favre as an 'old guy' with talents inferior to those possessed by Jackson," Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk wrote.

Childress was asked if, after Favre signed, he addressed the close relationships some teammates may have had with Jackson.

"I think all of them will say business issues," Childress said. "Business is business. And whether they like it or not, that's the way it is.

"As I told Tarvaris, I don't expect you to like it. And, as Tarvaris did - he's a highly competitive guy - he came back and played very well (two touchdowns against the Kansas City Chiefs on Friday). That benefits him. That benefits us. There's no downside to that. So I don't expect those guys to like it. But I expect them to deal with it and go forward. And by and large, that's exactly what's happening."
Vikings Pro Bowl running back Adrian Peterson said he knew nothing of a faction in the locker room supporting Jackson.

"I'm not sensing nothing like that at all," Peterson said. "I don't know where that came from. That's news to me."

Asked if it's tough because of his friendship with Jackson, Peterson said, "The key word is professional, and that's how you've got to handle it.

"Guys come in competing for jobs each year. If there was a running back they brought in this year that was being more productive than me or whatnot, then I'm sure I would be sitting on the bench. That's what it's all about. It's business, and you have to approach it with that mind-set."

Click here to read the rest of the story

Lurker64
08-27-2009, 12:50 AM
According to ESPN's NFC North Blog (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/2547/a-schism-in-the-vikings-locker-room), the two factions in the Vikings locker room are "Guys who support Jackson" and "Guys who support Rosenfels", with Favre receiving virtually no support from Vikings players. I wonder how true that report is.

Tarlam!
08-27-2009, 12:53 AM
Did this really deserve its own thread??

Joe, make good on your threat and please delete this.

gex
08-27-2009, 12:59 AM

2nd

woodbuck27
08-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Yea yea yea! There is only one starting QB in Minney. His name:

Brett Favre.

Scott Campbell
08-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Bert Farve on the hubub he created:

"You guys have to keep stirring the pot I guess," Favre added. "Somebody has to make up a story like this. I can assure you, I don't think any guy in the locker room, me included, would use that word. We'd probably come up with something a little different. You guys have to come up with something a little more locker-room related."

Florio:

Yeah, "schism" is one of those high-falutin' words, one that only a guy who went to college (and, you know, actually went to the classes) might use.

:lol:

Rastak
08-27-2009, 09:13 PM
That was good.... :D

HowardRoark
08-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Bert Favre on the hubub he created:

"You guys have to keep stirring the pot I guess," Favre added. "Somebody has to make up a story like this. I can assure you, I don't think any guy in the locker room, me included, would use that word. We'd probably come up with something a little different. You guys have to come up with something a little more locker-room related."

Florio:

Yeah, "schism" is one of those high-falutin' words, one that only a guy who went to college (and, you know, actually went to the classes) might use.

Brent, a schism is a smaller version of crossing the Rubicon.

MOBB DEEP
08-27-2009, 09:37 PM
"STD" - Jared Allen

lol

packerbacker1234
08-28-2009, 03:18 PM
I doubt this is really much of an issue. The reports the day before Favre showed up was excitment from practice as players expected Favre to be there, as if it was a done deal before the phone call ever happened. I doubt they go from excitment to "we wnat the other guys" just like that because Tavaris had a decent preseason game.

Also, Tavaris and Sage, if anything, just rolled these rumors out there because naturally they are pissed.

Yeah well you knwo what, if you two guys were any good to fucking begin with, this would of never happened.

sheepshead
08-28-2009, 03:36 PM
I think if there is the slightest issue, its an issue. Besides, we need any advantage we can get.

Fritz
08-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Bert Favre on the hubub he created:

Florio:

This is kind of an odd comment. The first part suggests that reporters have to stir the pot in order to make up stories in order to sell papers or get web traffic. The second part suggests that it was the word choice - schism, was it? - that nobody in the locker room would use. That is, it was the word choice and not the comment itself with which Favre was disagreeing.

Just weird. I tend to think though that that's really just so much reporter gunk. It's a business, and they all know it's a business. Any player in that locker room, no matter how good a buddy to Jackson, knows that Jackson has not shown he can lead this team very far. They may not like how Favre's done things and they may not think he's got much left, but he has a track record - and, more importantly, it's a business.

gex
08-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Yeah well you knwo what, if you two guys were any good to fucking begin with, this would of never happened.

That pretty much sums it up right there 8-)

Fritz
08-28-2009, 06:56 PM
I doubt this is really much of an issue. The reports the day before Favre showed up was excitment from practice as players expected Favre to be there, as if it was a done deal before the phone call ever happened. I doubt they go from excitment to "we wnat the other guys" just like that because Tavaris had a decent preseason game.

Also, Tavaris and Sage, if anything, just rolled these rumors out there because naturally they are pissed.

Damn straight. If either one of them was as good as Aaron Rodgers...

bobblehead
08-28-2009, 07:55 PM

2nd

Yes, please, silence the oposition!!!!

And also I disagree with democrats, so please delete anything they post in FYI.....and change the law in massachusetts back and forth depending on the political party of the governor.....we must have ORDER!!

Pugger
08-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Even if there are some players that prefer Jackson over BF none of them will talk, especially to a reporter. So everyone in the lockerroom will toe the company line and profess to back the starter no matter how or if they feel differently. But if indeed there are divisions in that lockerroom I'm all for that! :wink: