PDA

View Full Version : Third Preseason Game

PackerTimer
08-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Probably the most important exhibition game. What do you want to see from the Packers tonight.

I want to see Tyrell Sutton take some snaps with the first team. I really want to see what he can with first teamers and against them.

I want to see the defense keep doing what they’ve been doing.

I don’t know if Barnett is playing (I think he is) and if he does and I want to see how he will hold up. He’ll be rusty but hopefully nothing that can’t be shaken off in two more weeks.

Scott Campbell
08-28-2009, 08:49 AM
I just want to get out healthy.

retailguy
08-28-2009, 08:50 AM

Simple. Substitute veggies for chips, and limit yourself to two beers. You'll be fine.

PackerTimer
08-28-2009, 08:53 AM

Yeah, that definitely needs to be on the list.

sharpe1027
08-28-2009, 09:10 AM

Simple. Substitute veggies for chips, and limit yourself to two beers. You'll be fine.

Simple, maybe. Realistic? Hell no. :lol:

MichiganPackerFan
08-28-2009, 09:15 AM

What the fuck? Complete Blasphemy. BAN RETAIL GUY!!!

retailguy
08-28-2009, 09:46 AM

:shock: Wow. Tough crowd. No PETA members in here. :wink:

MichiganPackerFan
08-28-2009, 09:50 AM

:shock: Wow. Tough crowd. No PETA members in here. :wink:

I was more upset about the "limit yourself to two beers" bullshit. Completely unnecessary. I think you need a time out. (Unless you can find me an avatar similar to yours with a dancing beer pitcher. See? I'm flexible and open to bribes!)

Spaulding
08-28-2009, 12:23 PM
I want to see solid offensive line play now that we've decided on our starters.

pasquale
08-28-2009, 12:35 PM
I heard on the radio this morning that barnett isn't playing.

Scott Campbell
08-28-2009, 12:44 PM
I was more upset about the "limit yourself to two beers" bullshit.

Remain calm. I have 96 oz beer mugs for just such situations.

Deputy Nutz
08-28-2009, 12:48 PM
I want to see good pad level. It is what I always here McCarthy talk about, so I want to see it.

SkinBasket
08-28-2009, 12:52 PM
I want to see if I can stay awake until halftime.

packerbacker1234
08-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Well, I want to see the offense continue to dominate, and I want to see them be able to come out after halftime still able to score TD's for at least a drive or two.

Defensivly? If Barnett isn't playing (I want him to, because he will be the game 1 starter and I just want to make sure he isn't too far behind the ball here) then I mostly want to see this defense get some 3 and outs. Turnovers are exciting, thats 8 in two games. However, the ability to force punts will be more important to winning then forcing turnovers. So, I just want to see some quality there throughout an entire half.

ThunderDan
08-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Well, I want to see the offense continue to dominate, and I want to see them be able to come out after halftime still able to score TD's for at least a drive or two.

Defensivly? If Barnett isn't playing (I want him to, because he will be the game 1 starter and I just want to make sure he isn't too far behind the ball here) then I mostly want to see this defense get some 3 and outs. Turnovers are exciting, thats 8 in two games. However, the ability to force punts will be more important to winning then forcing turnovers. So, I just want to see some quality there throughout an entire half.

I'll take 9 TO over 22 3 and outs. Nine turnovers saves you ~360 yards of offense need to put points on the board.

Cleveland had 9 possessions and had 4 TOs
Buffalo had 13 possessions and had 5 TOs

22 possessions and 9 forced TOs that's like 40% of the time.

I know what you are getting at. The Packers aren't going to be able to keep that high of a rate up.

Time of Possession has been 70 minutes to 50 which is a ratio I like.

Fritz
08-28-2009, 04:33 PM
I want to see good pad level. It is what I always here McCarthy talk about, so I want to see it.

Doesn't McCarthy have daughters? If so, does he discuss this issue with them?

pbmax
08-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Good pad level for M3 is like intensity and will to win for a talk radio sockpuppet. Its always there when you win, it always disappears when you lose.

Fritz
08-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Good pad level for M3 is like intensity and will to win for a talk radio sockpuppet. Its always there when you win, it always disappears when you lose.

Just like a boner!

denverYooper
08-28-2009, 06:29 PM

Just like a boner!

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

pbmax
08-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Who is starting the Game Thread? I am 1-0 in pre-season and I don't want to risk my perfect record in games that don't count.

Fritz
08-28-2009, 06:58 PM

Just like a boner!

What? It's there when you lose and it disappears when you win?

Well, maybe. Yeah, I guess. But if you think of the loss of one's essential juices, then...ah, forget it.

pbmax
08-28-2009, 07:24 PM

Just like a boner!

What? It's there when you lose and it disappears when you win?

Well, maybe. Yeah, I guess. But if you think of the loss of one's essential juices, then...ah, forget it.
Good old General Ripper. Preserve Our Essence.

mraynrand
08-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Fritz and PBmax - like a one-two punch to the solar plexus!