PDA

View Full Version : Packers SB bound. . . .

RashanGary
08-28-2009, 09:21 AM
OK, 1 in 32 teams, obviously expecting it is a stretch, but I think the Packers are elite for many reasons and since I haven't been here in a while (posting), I'll just quickly say what I think of this Packer team.

1. I think the OL, particularly the run game, is finally back in Green Bay.

2. With the DL adding Raji and Jenkins (health), I think the pass rush is going to be worlds better.

3. With the addition of the 3-4 and the extra size on base downs, I think the Packers will be much improved stopping the run. I think we'll see Jolly and Pickett on every base down with Jenkins and Raji rotating in. We'll see Jenkins and Raji play every Nickle/Dime down.

4. I think Kampman is going to be great in his new position.

5. I love the physical play we're seeing this year on offense, ST's and defense. The OL and DL are stronger and more explosive. All of the LB's, RB's and perimeter players are faster and more explosive. I think that all comes down to the new strength and conditioning program and also the culture of commitment was cemented last year when #4 was told he was not welcome back.

6. Aaron Rodgers has had a fantastic offseason of hard work. Last year I thought he struggled with the 1 and a half step quick slant that was such a staple of the 2007 offense. I also thought he struggled completing what should be the simple passes (dump offs, check downs when under duress, screens). This preseason I've seen a changed man on these passes. He's been hitting both types of throws with impressive accuracy. Throughout the offseason, we've learned that Aaron has worked from January till August, every week at getting better. His body, his understanding of football, refining his passing skills. Everything about his game has been improved and the running game will open it all up also.

7. Greg Jennings (best offseason of his career), Ryan Grant (best offseason of his Packer career), Donald Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley and Donald Lee make up one of the strongest and deepest overall skill groups in the NFL. Maybe the deepest in the entire NFL. With the improved OL, this offense is going to be truely elite. I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers was the MVP and the Packers offense was the best in the NFL. I think they are that good.

8. Dom Capers history of quick success

9. The addition of extra linebackers will also help the ST's units.

10. Capers makes McCarthy better. McCarthy is the highest paid coach and the top guy. He has to raise his level to keep up with the hard working Capers.

Overall, I think this team is a true SB competitor. The Buffalo Bills GM had this to say about the Packers as a physical team. . .

"There were times it looked like we had the play stopped and they still got 4, 5 yards because their backs, everybody's coming," said Modrak. "They played downhill, fast. I mean, they're coming after you. When they're hitting you, they're hitting you hard."

It reminds me of things you read about the great teams. A couple years ago (the year SD almost went to the SB) we played them and they physically dominated us. We went 8-8 that year, but there was a realization that the Packers were physically dominated by the elite teams (we realized it right away in the preseason against SD). This year I think Buffalo is simlar to us then. They're young. I think they'll be solid, but they were physically dominated by an elite team last week.

Everything about this team screams championship to me. I think the Packers are an elite physical team. They have great QB stability. They have great coaching. They had an offseason of growth and togetherness and have a lockerroom with great chemistry. Everything about this season feels special to me. I see 13-3 and a SB victory. I know the SB is tough to win and I know no team has better than a 1 in 5 shot according to Vegas, but I also believe the Packers have a special team that is right with NE and Pittsburgh as the elite teams in the NFL. I think the Packers are greatly underrated and we are going to experience the greatest season since 1996.

MichiganPackerFan
08-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Just got back and already causing trouble and stirring things up: posts like this have NO place in the romper room. This is for making fun of Harlan and making fart jokes. Good serious posts like this one belong in the Green Bay Packers area.