PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams Breaks his arm in the CFL!!!

No Mo Moss
07-22-2006, 10:57 PM
REGINA, Saskatchewan -- Running back Ricky Williams broke his left arm in the second quarter of the Toronto Argonauts' 26-23 victory over the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Saturday night and is out indefinitely.

Williams finished with 17 yards on four carries. He entered Saturday's game with 214 yards on 53 carries with one touchdown in four games.

Williams is playing in the CFL after he was suspended by the NFL for one year after a fourth violation of the league's substance abuse policy. He is still under contract with the NFL's Miami Dolphins.

The Argonauts said the former NFL rushing champion will undergo more tests when the team returns to Toronto.

woodbuck27
07-22-2006, 11:28 PM
REGINA, Saskatchewan -- Running back Ricky Williams broke his left arm in the second quarter of the Toronto Argonauts' 26-23 victory over the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Saturday night and is out indefinitely.

Williams finished with 17 yards on four carries. He entered Saturday's game with 214 yards on 53 carries with one touchdown in four games.

Williams is playing in the CFL after he was suspended by the NFL for one year after a fourth violation of the league's substance abuse policy. He is still under contract with the NFL's Miami Dolphins.

The Argonauts said the former NFL rushing champion will undergo more tests when the team returns to Toronto.

I meant to watch that game, to see what's wrong with him.

That's tough.

Hate to see anything like that happen to any player.

Well then. . . . there's Warren Sapp. mmmmm :evil:

Harlan Huckleby
07-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Not a terrible deal for Ricky. He got himself a little spending money for this year. A broken arm will heal 100% in a few months. He got some football work in, and now he doesn't have to risk a more serious injury.

the_idle_threat
07-24-2006, 01:35 AM
But can he roll a fatty with just one arm??? I feel SO bad for him ...

billy_oliver880
07-24-2006, 06:56 PM
But can he roll a fatty with just one arm??? I feel SO bad for him ...

Well from how many drug tests he failed....I have faith that he is a professional at it. :D

woodbuck27
07-25-2006, 02:10 PM
http://media.livedigital.com/pictures/fc/9b/fc9b732a13b74d54f104b966bcb79916.jpg

See - Ricky's got this pet cat trained to roll for him.