PDA

View Full Version : Arcilite's State of the Union

arcilite
08-28-2009, 11:16 PM
I typed this up at halftime tonight:

It is only halftime but here are my thoughts:

-I was very scared when I saw Jennings laying there...but glad to know he is moving and OK. Still think his shoulder might be messed up.

I think we will have one of the best offenses in the NFL this year.

I noticed the Packers have more 'Fight' in them this year compared to last...

Something I read in the local GB paper that made me smile was this 'In 2008 there was not a single fight in training camp... this year there has been plenty.'

I think that is a good thing.

1. Aaron Rodgers will have a monster year and make the pro bowl...he reminds me of Steve Young. (Im thinking 34ish TDs and only 14 INTs and 4,000+ yards)

2. Jermichael Finley (TE) will have a breakout year.

3. Packers will surprise many.

4. Mason Crosby will not live up to expectations as our kicker.

5. AL Harris will get demoted to #3 CB sometime this season....Tramon Williams will surpass him.

6. Packers will have the best WR corps in the NFL

7. The secondary will be the weak link on our defense..mainly the safeties.

8. I am still skeptical about our offensive line..but so far they look good in pre-season

9. With the type of defense and blitzing we play... we will get burned deep occasionally, so do not get frustrated by it... it just happens with the 3-4 and blitzing.

10. Tyrell Sutton will be a great change of pace RB.

11. Ryan Grant will go back to his 2007 form.

12. We will have a lot of penalties called on us... I don't know what it is about the Mcarthy coached team, but we always have more penalties than usual called on us.

-I think Brian Brohm might get cut and we will sign/trade for a veteran QB
-We might trade one of our LBs (Right now we are very deep at the LB position)
-Charles Woodson is Def. the best player on the tema and MVP of the defense

and I was under the influence when I typed this so don't crucify me please, I don't post much.

VegasPackFan
08-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Great drunk (or high) post.

CaptainKickass
08-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Great drunk (or high) post...man.

Fixed.

:)

VegasPackFan
08-29-2009, 12:45 AM
Great drunk (or high) post...man.

Fixed.

:)

Thanks.......man

bobblehead
08-29-2009, 01:07 AM

-I was very scared when I saw Jennings laying there...but glad to know he is moving and OK. Still think his shoulder might be messed up.

Something I read in the local GB paper that made me smile was this 'In 2008 there was not a single fight in training camp... this year there has been plenty.'

1. Aaron Rodgers will have a monster year and make the pro bowl...he reminds me of Steve Young. (Im thinking 34ish TDs and only 14 INTs and 4,000+ yards)

5. AL Harris will get demoted to #3 CB sometime this season....Tramon Williams will surpass him.

8. I am still skeptical about our offensive line..but so far they look good in pre-season

9. With the type of defense and blitzing we play... we will get burned deep occasionally, so do not get frustrated by it... it just happens with the 3-4 and blitzing.

12. We will have a lot of penalties called on us... I don't know what it is about the Mcarthy coached team, but we always have more penalties than usual called on us.

and I was under the influence when I typed this so don't crucify me please, I don't post much.

4. Might not even be our kicker this season

5. No, al will start all year

6. We still won't be as good as AZ, and Buffalo and NE will be debatable.

7. The LB's will be the weak link....again.

8. OL is coming together...I'm most worried about clifton...could he run block an 8 year old??

9. We actually shouldn't get burned deep, if anything we will get burned on quick hit catch and run type plays.

10. For what team??

Brohm might get cut, but we are comfortable with flynn and a lump of whatever. We are deep with mediocre LB's.

I said Jenkins would be our defensive MVP, but I'm looking wrong right now....woodson is a stud.

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2009, 09:04 PM

What? I don't think there's any doubt he'll be our kicker. The dude hits 80% of his FGs, he's well above average on kickoffs, has a huge leg, and is young.

The Shadow
08-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Will Smith outduel Bigby for the starting SS job?

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2009, 10:29 PM

He has a shot. Just need a little more consistency out of him.

Brando19
08-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Mason Crosby will be our kicker for the next 6-9 years. Don't know what you guys are smokin'.

sheepshead
08-30-2009, 08:57 AM
I disagree on the penalties. I think MM gets that under control (he'd better) I said Rodgers and Jennings in the probowl months ago and I'm sticking to it.

]{ilr]3
08-30-2009, 09:41 AM

He has a shot. Just need a little more consistency out of him.

Smith has made mistakes, his presence is known. Bigby is almost a ghost out there. Even when you see him make a play its not those thunder hits like 2 years ago.

Hopefully he is holding back until the regualar season, or perhaps he is injured again and the packers dont want to broadcast it. Right now it seems the middle is our weakness.

GBRulz
08-30-2009, 11:44 AM

What? I don't think there's any doubt he'll be our kicker. The dude hits 80% of his FGs, he's well above average on kickoffs, has a huge leg, and is young.

I think this year is do or die for Mr. Crosby.

HarveyWallbangers
08-30-2009, 01:58 PM

I disagree.

retailguy
08-30-2009, 02:50 PM

Completely disagree, they wouldn't be "playing around" with 60 yard field goals, nor doing "holder experimentation" if they had questions about Crosby.

Partial
08-30-2009, 03:14 PM
RG hit the nail on the head. Crosby has more misses than expected because he's been attempting outrageously long field goals that they wouldn't dare attempt with "45 yards is too longwell"

Bretsky
08-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Earlier today I questioned how well Crosby was doing; I was at a bar for the game Friday and only saw the stats. Did not know about the holding issues so thanks to all for bringing that up.

I'm torn on this whole thing. I really like Crosby as a kicker and was targeting him for the auction draft in New York along with some other Packers. I'm not as confident of the idea anymore

Patler
08-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Crosby's 1st NFL attempt in his first regular season game was good from 53 yards.
His second NFL attempt tied the game with 0:45 remaining (a 37 yard FG).
His third NFL attempt won the game with 0:02 remaining ( a 42 yard FG).

19 of his 39 attempts and 7 of his 8 misses as a rookie were from 40 yards or more. I looked once, and if I remember correctly I believe that all but one of those 7 misses were actually from beyond 45 yards.

Last year he was 27 of 34, with a blocked kick in the first game working with a brand new snapper and brand new holder who he had never worked with until just a couple days earlier. He had a miss from 65 yards, and another block pretty much attributed to the line after the coaches reviewed it. Three of his 7 misses came after getting another new holder with 4 games left, and a very inexperienced one to boot.

Crosby has a great leg and seems to have a wonderful attitude for a kicker. They need some stability in his "team" on kicks.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Mason sucks. Bring back Rayner.

Sparkey
08-31-2009, 03:33 PM
I disagree on the penalties. I think MM gets that under control (he'd better) I said Rodgers and Jennings in the probowl months ago and I'm sticking to it.

I believe that the packers will have far fewer penalties this year. Last year, playing a bland 4-3 man up defense, they had quite a few holding/illegal contact/pass interference type penalties in the secondary.

With the change in coverage philosophy, I believe that number will drop significantly.

arcilite
01-13-2010, 05:10 PM

Does due to injury count???

I didn't really go out on the limb with many of my predictions, I just want to pat myself on the back though.

Joemailman
01-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Well done...except that I blame you for Al Harris' injury.

KYPack
01-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Not bad, Arc.

I liked Sutton for a bit myself.

HowardRoark
01-13-2010, 09:25 PM

I didn't really go out on the limb with many of my predictions, I just want to pat myself on the back though.

Nice work.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6YjsreT1Ru0/SxQZLPIFQkI/AAAAAAAABhs/UC77WtVCQeE/s400/Johnny_Carson_as_Karnak.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
01-14-2010, 12:44 AM

Really?

1. Sutton. Swing and Miss.
2. Harris. Swing and Miss.
3. Best WR crew. Swing and Miss.
4. Secondary is our weak link? Swing and Miss.
5. Brohm. Swing. Half right. No Vet signed. As my old profs use to say, "half right means all wrong."