PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals game!!!!

Mazzin
08-29-2009, 03:01 AM
Stayed up till 4 a.m. to watch it on nfl network...and boy was it worth it!!! Arod running, throwing, and just being straight sneaky behind his line....very elusive player.

Our recievers looked great...greg jennings got layed out and came out afterwards. But was later seen on the side lines celebrating with all the players. Should be okay from the smile on his face.

Wow this team is set up to MERK everyone this year...and with our gravy schdule....wow!!!!!!!!!

Defense = 4 turnovers...making 12 in the first threee preseason games....WOW i know its preseason but if you arent excited yet, just wait till nfl network re airs it....may as well stop watching after the first have second strings did NOTHING, cept blow the lead...leinart looked good.

38-10 packers at the half. :) starts over starters.....I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!!!! check out arods stats too.

SnakeLH2006
08-29-2009, 03:19 AM
Saw it late on HD-DVR....was pretty excited at halftime till they put Brohm in so we could evaluate our punting team. :lol:

Tarlam!
08-29-2009, 04:40 AM
Gravy schedule? I guess you think we have 16 easy games. I don't agree that any team has 16 easy games in the NFL.

I bet when the schedule came out every team that gets to play the Packers this season, excluding Vikes, Teddies and Pussies, thought to themselves, wow with a "W".

I think a lot happened between then and now and teams now respect the Pack and know they'll have to bring their A-game to the gridiron. I also think that 2 teams are good enough to beat us twice in our own division. Teddies and Vikes are n ot walk overs. And the Pussies can be decent for a few games this year.

I don't think there is any such thing as a gravy schedule for any team.

mraynrand
08-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Hi Tank!

That game was worth waiting up for.

packrulz
08-29-2009, 08:01 AM
Don't get me wrong, it's fun to watch, but why are they blitzing in a preseason game? It doesn't count. Ray Rhodes was 4-0 in the preseason and they tanked in the regular season. Holmgren would play "plain vanilla" in the preseason because he didn't want to tip his hand what the Pack would do in the regular season. I'm more concerned with the o-line blocking on running plays, they need to improve. Can they convert on 4th and 1? What about the punters, do we have a decent one? They need to decide who they'll keep for special teams. It was obvious to me the Cards really didn't gameplan for this one. It was a great game, but I just hope M3 isn't tipping his hand, there were 8 scouts there from other teams, including the Bears.

wist43
08-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Don't get me wrong, it's fun to watch, but why are they blitzing in a preseason game? It doesn't count. Ray Rhodes was 4-0 in the preseason and they tanked in the regular season. Holmgren would play "plain vanilla" in the preseason because he didn't want to tip his hand what the Pack would do in the regular season. I'm more concerned with the o-line blocking on running plays, they need to improve. Can they convert on 4th and 1? What about the punters, do we have a decent one? They need to decide who they'll keep for special teams. It was obvious to me the Cards really didn't gameplan for this one. It was a great game, but I just hope M3 isn't tipping his hand, there were 8 scouts there from other teams, including the Bears.

It's a blitzing scheme... if they're not blitzing, zone blitzing, etc... they're not running the scheme. The scheme is new to these players, and they need to practice it.

They're not running anything exotic, even though they're using a variety of different blitzes, it's all fairly basic... but they do need to practice what they're going to be running, and the 3rd preseason game is the game in which they usually ramp things up to game type preparation.

pbmax
08-29-2009, 09:33 AM

It's a blitzing scheme... if they're not blitzing, zone blitzing, etc... they're not running the scheme. The scheme is new to these players, and they need to practice it.

They're not running anything exotic, even though they're using a variety of different blitzes, it's all fairly basic... but they do need to practice what they're going to be running, and the 3rd preseason game is the game in which they usually ramp things up to game type preparation.
I think they have put one new pressure package in each game so far. I don't remember Woodson blitzing from the slot in PGames 1 and 2.

But the basic point is the same. Capers has said he has not put everything out there yet.

Pugger
08-29-2009, 12:01 PM
At the beginning of the 3rd quarter AZ kept their starting D in there.

rbaloha1
08-29-2009, 12:35 PM
The o-line is blocking beautifully -- nice cutback lanes and good q-b protection.

The defense is blessed with numerous playmakers. TT has assembled a young talented roster.

hoosier
08-29-2009, 12:54 PM
At the beginning of the 3rd quarter AZ kept their starting D in there.

Apparently Wisenhunt likes his toast very brown.

BallHawk
08-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Half the front page is taken up with threads relating to this game.

Let's just chill out a bit.....it's preseason.

pbmax
08-29-2009, 01:46 PM

Careful what you wish for BH, this topic is better than the alternative that usually dominates the front page :lol:

Packers4Ever
08-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Can anyone give me the final score from last night?
We were out - and ESPN showing only pool, swimming,
golf, etc...today.

Thanks much !! :)

Scott Campbell
08-29-2009, 02:52 PM

Where's the Superbowl this year?

woodbuck27
08-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Wow! This place is excited. I'm going to keep it in perspective.

We scored 44 points and gave up 37. Near the end of the game we needed a big play (Ruvell Martin) to win this pre-season game. If you look at the stat's and didn't know the score it looks like we got our butt kicked.

Yes the offense run by Aaron Rodgers looked impressive in the first half. Yes the defense in the first half looked great. Yes we got turnovers. All that looks good but on the night we almost blew the game.

A pre-season game. One more of those and were set to really see what our team has. Here's hoping it's alot.

GO PACKERS!

Scott Campbell
08-29-2009, 03:09 PM
We scored 44 points and gave up 37. Near the end of the game we needed a big play (Ruvell Martin) to win this pre-season game. If you look at the stat's and didn't know the score it looks like we got our butt kicked.

Dude - our starters went into halftime ahead 38-10. We didn't beat them - we crushed them. We've crushed everybody so far. The great thing about crushing teams is that you take away the possibility of losing on a fluke play. You are making way too much of the Brohm led backups letting the Cards back in the game.

woodbuck27
08-29-2009, 03:22 PM

Dude - our starters went into halftime ahead 38-10. We didn't beat them - we crushed them. We've crushed everybody so far. The great thing about crushing teams is that you take away the possibility of losing on a fluke play.

Hey DUDE. How old are you Scott?

A football game lasts 60 minutes and has two halves. Our teams defense gave up over 500 yards Scott. Look at our rushing stat's. Are they impressive to you Scott at about 4 yards per carry.

Yes we are now 3-0 for pre-season game and we are seeing a more composed Aaron Rodgers and he's really vital to any success we will enjoy. I see that we have other concerns. One of them is our running game. Another is our depth on 'D'.

GO PACKERS!

Scott Campbell
08-29-2009, 03:26 PM
A football game lasts 60 minutes and has two halves.

What is that - a pubic service announcement for Canadian football fans?

MJZiggy
08-29-2009, 03:27 PM
Hey DUDE. How old are you Scott?

A football game lasts 60 minutes and has two halves. Our teams defense gave up over 500 yards Scott. Look at our rushing stat's. Are they impressive to you Scott at about 4 yards per carry.

Yes we are now 3-0 for pre-season game and we are seeing a more composed Aaron Rodgers and he's really vital to any success we will enjoy. I see that we have other concerns. One of them is our running game. Another is our depth on 'D'.

GO PACKERS!

I discovered Thursday night that there are times when no other word will quite work like a well-placed "dude."

Willard
08-29-2009, 04:42 PM

19-0, Dudes (and Dudettes)!!

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2009, 10:19 PM

23-0

Mazzin
08-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Woodbuck, Please don't act silly. :lol:

Did you watch the same game that I did? Starters over starters 38-10 REALLY? Thats a blood bath if you ask me. So what if their number twos beat our number twos. Also they left in their starting d-line and linebackers for the first 2 series.

Brian Brhom is terrible I agree, but to say that we "blew the lead" thats silly. Starters over starters no way they make that come back. Snow flakes chance in hell, sir.

About us blitzing to much, "tipping our hand". What does that mean? That all the other teams don't know that Dom Capers is going to blitz? Like someone said thats the scheme...should we NOT let our guys practice what they will be doing throughout the season, I think not.

And personally I think that our defense have PHENOMINAL depth.

LDE: John Jolly *looked like a motivated giant
LDE: B.J. Raji * Strong strong man, Can play all THREE d-line spots

NT: Ryan Pickett *Gets what needs to be done, DONE
NT: B.J. Raji *See LDE

RDE:Cullen Jenkins * Born to be a DE in a 3-4
RDE:Micheal Montgomery * Put on weight and has look decent
RDE: Jarious Wynn * Has really came alive in preseason

DL: Justin Harrell * Still may make it

ROLB: Brady Poppinga * Has done nothing but hustled and looks good
ROLB: Clay Matthews * All the potential in the world, get that hammy goin

BUCK: AJ Hawk * Has the "potential" tag.. hasn't been impressive. Chillar here maybe?
BUCK: Desmond Bishop* Just makes plays DEFF a keeper

MACK: Brandon Chillar * Personally I put him AHEAD of N. Barnett (yet I put Barnett above Hawk)
MACK: Nick Barnett * Gets tackles, hopefully comes back healthy.
MACK: Spencer Havner * Thnk he makes it from his versatility

LOLB:Aaron Kampan * Hasn't looked lost. Still gets after the QB
LOLB: Jeremy Thompson* Big and athletic had a good training camp before injury
OLB: Brad Jones* Maybe practice squad material, like his SPEED

LCB:Charles Woodson* Did I even need a little * here? I think not.
LCB: Will Blackmon* SP demon, and has shown steady improvement at CB
LCB: Brandon Underwood * Showed he isn't afraid to lay the smack down

RCB: Al Harris* Just keeps going and going and going
RCB: Tramon Williams*Really came into his own last yr. Deff a #2 after harris leaves.
RCB:Pat Lee or Joe Porter: both are okay but pat lee is down.

SS: Atari Bigby* Can play better blitzing or in the box than out in space (still a great player, gotta love his willingness to hit)
SS:Anthony Smith* Pretty much knows the defense. Think he has 2 pics already. Good pick up

FS:Nick Collins* Give him is money already, he IS money..Tackling machine
FS: Aaron Rouse*Big man with some speed, better in the box i belive though
FS/CB: Jarrett Bush * Can play either and is a tackling machine on SP teams

So Out of these players we also get a TON of sp help PLUS its just a VERY DEEP and talented team, To say we may not have enough depth is silly.

I would agree we need a veteren back up. Brian Brohm BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

swede
08-29-2009, 11:25 PM

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/Pats.jpg

As long as we go undefeated in the post-season!

Gunakor
08-30-2009, 02:08 AM
Wow! This place is excited. I'm going to keep it in perspective.

Yes the offense run by Aaron Rodgers looked impressive in the first half. Yes the defense in the first half looked great. Yes we got turnovers. All that looks good but on the night we almost blew the game.

A pre-season game. One more of those and were set to really see what our team has. Here's hoping it's alot.

GO PACKERS!

It's a good thing the team that gave up 28 points in the second half isn't the one that's going to be taking the field against the Bears in a couple weeks. Half those scrubs ain't even gonna make the roster.

The game was over at halftime when our #1's left the game ahead by 28 points after just 30 minutes of play. Those are the guys I'm concerned with. Not the ones that nearly blew the game.

BobDobbs
08-30-2009, 03:26 AM
There is reason to be excited after watching this game. Our offense is good, clearly. Our defense is going to create pressure and turnovers.

I came out of this game much more worried about the defense than I had been. Turnovers might be the biggest determinant as to who wins a game, but they can also cover up defensive deficiencies.

When we didn't take the ball away the Cards scored. They punted one time the whole game.

Fitzgerald basically did what he wanted.

Both of their top backs averaged well over 6 yards a carry. That is the biggest problem we have. There were many times were the whole front seven was completely sealed off and Collins or Woodson had to come in to clean up. Arizona has good backs. At a glance I thought Hightower and Wells looked better than anyone we have. But, it is still too many yards. If we don't get the run defense cleaned up from last year it's going to bite us.

I now this sounds overly critical and I am very excited for this year. The O is going to be really fun to watch. I just don't think that the Defense played fundamentally very well last night and that has to change.

Gunakor
08-30-2009, 03:50 AM
It's not the first time Fitz just did what he wanted, and it won't be the last. Give credit to the opposition here. Fitz is the best WR in the game, bar none.

And the Cardinals offense is going to put up points. If we had to play them again next week I wouldn't expect a 38-10 drubbing of their #1's. Few teams are going to hold the Cardinals starting offense to 10 points in a half. They're just too good on that side of the ball.

The poor run defense does worry me a bit, as it has in each of the previous 5 or 6 seasons. But I'm not going to get too worked up over it just yet, because we haven't been at full strength in our front 7 yet. Barnett hasn't played yet, and I'm looking forward to seeing either Jeremy Thompson or Clay Matthews in the OLB spot Poppinga is starting at right now. I think that once we get those guys healthy again our run defense will get a much needed boost.