PDA

View Full Version : The Official Desmond Bishop Bandwagon Thread

SnakeLH2006
08-29-2009, 03:08 AM
Sorry...Snake's had a lot' O stuff going on lately and haven't been on here much in the past 2 weeks....but saw all 3 preseason Packer games in HD-DVR splendor (aka rewind again and again) and Snake is not gonna gloat, but hey I said it over and over again over a year ago, and in the offseason....

Bishop might not have a starting role lined up, yet this cat needs some playing time. At last check, he was leading ALL preseason NFL players with his 2 INT's, thus far, and has looked VERY good in pass coverage.

Some Rats have mentioned in the past on PR, Bishop lacks ball awareness/coverage ability, but really, he looks good in pass coverage for a slow ass LB (granted his 40 times are pedestrian, but his game speed blows away the 2nd team he plays with).

What does Popps do better than Bishop? Anything? I see a pure GAMER out of Bishop....a gamer ala Woodson, Driver, ARod.........guys that do stuff to win games and love to play with teammate rallying behind them. Go check the Twitters.

Going off stats, he has what...1 or 2 sacks....? OK, but in EVERY preseason game thus far he has blown up his man at the point of attack, and harrassed the living hell out of EVERY QB (must have at least 10 plus....EASILY....pressures but prob. 15 pressures, where the the QB has had to throw the ball up for grabs..with many of those pressures leading to picks and/or incompletions.

His ball skills are unbelievable (diss him if you want as a 2nd team guy) as his knockout hitting/tackles and inane ability to make a tackle out of nothing are noteworthy. The LSU rookie looked good tonite, but the Bishop made many plays that didn't get sacks/ints like in the first 2 preseason games...pressures/hits/tackles. This guy (Bishop) shows up again and again when you look at the film (DVR the games). Guy just is all over the ball...reminds Snake of Ray Lewis without the murdering shit....

Snake's Take:

This kid can play some NFL football. He'd start for most teams but we are hella deep on LB, and it looks like politics keep him away from starting for the Packers....What you say...Ok..contracts.....Popps and Hawk have long term big money deals, but haven't made 10% of the instinctive ball-hawking skills or tackling/hitting ability that Bishop puts on like a Chuck Cecil clinic. That kid (Bishop) is ALL OVER the field. Can't remember Hawk or Popps (other than a lucky fumble recovery, etc.) making ANY plays like Bishop has shown OVER AND OVER. Politics (and mostly contracts) prevent the the Bishop from starting.

So what...He needs to play. His stats, but esp. his game-changing ability (other than rookie Wynn tonite) I haven't noticed anyone on the 2nd team D that makes plays, yet Bishop play after play makes pressures, hits, etc. that help this team on D....His name comes up again and again...

He dominates and stands out. ....been saying this for over a year, and the media is latching on to it. Perhaps, the Bishop is the lone bright spot on the 2nd/3rd team D?....

Partial
08-29-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm with you, have been from the start of camp. Bish is my guy.

KYPack
08-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Snake, calm down.

Get your ass out of the boat, off the beach and start watching that DVR a little closer.

Bishop is the back-up Buck. Hawk is starting front of him

Popp is starting at the ROLB, Matthews is running #2 at that spot, for now. I really think they will let Matthews ease into his role and Popp will start most of the year. I know you have serious Brady hate, but the guy has basically been out of position his whole career. This spot in the Capers D is perfect for his skill set.

DO NOT answer this post when you come home from the bars at 2AM all pissed up, like you usually do.

Read it and think about it.

I won't read your drunken reply anyway.

I'm going on a long canoe trip tomorrow.

It's time I got in the boat.

Scott Campbell
08-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Popp is starting at the ROLB, Matthews is running #2 at that spot, for now. I really think they will let Matthews ease into his role and Popp will start most of the year.

Is Thompson completely out of the mix now?

KYPack
08-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Popp is starting at the ROLB, Matthews is running #2 at that spot, for now. I really think they will let Matthews ease into his role and Popp will start most of the year.

I'm getting like some of these air-head announcers. Saying what I read & not watching what I see. He's listed as Kamp's back-up at LOLB, but yer right, Thompson did play with the 2's (&3's, I guess) at back-up backer on the right side.

& he played BAD. All that hype about his new-found bad-ass attitude was hot air. He was tentative and lost, just like old times at RDE.

pbmax
08-29-2009, 03:13 PM

I'm getting like some of these air-head announcers. Saying what I read & not watching what I see. He's listed as Kamp's back-up at LOLB, but yer right, Thompson did play with the 2's (&3's, I guess) at back-up backer on the right side.

& he played BAD. All that hype about his new-found bad-ass attitude was hot air. He was tentative and lost, just like old times at RDE.
You are not lost KYP, Thompson has spent considerable time on the left behind Kampman since he returned, including last night.

rbaloha1
08-29-2009, 04:43 PM
DB is too good to keep off the field. IMO eventually replaces Hawk after contract expires.

SkinBasket
08-29-2009, 04:48 PM
DB is too good to keep off the field. IMO eventually replaces Hawk after contract expires.

Oh, my. That's a little silly.

Bretsky
08-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Bishop does a few things really good and should be a solid backup and role player in certain scenarios. He'll be part of the rotation and will have the opportunities to make some plays

KYPack
08-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Bishop does a few things really good and should be a solid backup and role player in certain scenarios. He'll be part of the rotation and will have the opportunities to make some plays

The Dom Father is DC now. He will note some of the special talents of his crew and put things in that maximize their performance. Bishop's got a lot of talent and DC the DC will put him in position to make plays.

SnakeLH2006
09-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Snake, calm down.

Get your ass out of the boat, off the beach and start watching that DVR a little closer.
I know you have serious Brady hate.

DO NOT answer this post when you come home from the bars at 2AM all pissed up, like you usually do..

LMAO. Wow, KY, that was a bit harsh, eh, buddy? No skin off the Snake, though...You sure you weren't the one coming back from the bars, KY? :lol:

I still support the Bishop. He didn't make as many plays as the first 3 preseason games in game #4, yet it was fun watching him go with Barnett as the the two inside LB's. He made some plays again, and loved watching him and C. Matthews run down Vince Young on the sidelines. Not as much stats, but he really does stand out as a ballhawk/playmaker whenever he plays, and have yet to see him get toasted in coverage, thus far, in preseason (Bishop).

Bottom line, though, Bishop needs some PT. We can all agree on that I hope. Poops has played better in preseason than I EVER remember him in games thus far, yet I still don't fathom how he gets starting PT over Bishop. Poops is OK, and I'll leave him alone here. But, again, what does Poops do better than Desmond?

At the least, Bishop should get some breather snaps for our starters...That's ok with Snake.

KYPack
09-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Trying to keep you loose, Snake.

How come everybody accuses me of being loaded when I make a joke?

That crack wasn't that harsh & you are a big guy now, anyway.

Bishop is a good hand out there and has improved with each game. He'll get more and more time. He used to be clueless in cover, but now he is making strides. He is an ILB, however. The outside isn't his position. They played him a lot at mack, but he has also played buck and has covered very well at times. He's still not a great cover backer, but he should improve to the point that he's a servicable mack or buck in Dom's D.

SnakeLH2006
09-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Trying to keep you loose, Snake.

How come everybody accuses me of being loaded when I make a joke?

That crack wasn't that harsh & you are a big guy now, anyway.

Bishop is a good hand out there and has improved with each game. He'll get more and more time. He used to be clueless in cover, but now he is making strides. He is an ILB, however. The outside isn't his position. They played him a lot at mack, but he has also played buck and has covered very well at times. He's still not a great cover backer, but he should improve to the point that he's a servicable mack or buck in Dom's D.

LOL. It's all good KY, you are drunk. Just kidding...lol but who says you are wasted? That is must see PR TV? That is funny, but haven't been on as much lately with the end of summer...But I didn't consider it this>> :butt: No worries, buddy. LOL

My only thing on Bishop is this...he's proven himself as a playmaker (rare in the NFL) and needs to play. Yes, OLB would not be his strength, but sobeit, he really needs some snaps regardless SOMEWHERE at LB.

His playmaking is top-notch (instincts, hitting, pressures, tackling ALL OVER THE FIELD, etc.). Yeah, you are right, Snake isn't a big Popps fan, but we know that Popps doesn't affect the game much at all (nil in pass coverage and not being able to provide ANY QB pressure) in his extended time starting. Hawk is another story, but still holding out hope he "finds IT" sometime soon with his contract.

Regardless, Desmond "Da Beast" must play somehow, some way. No? :huh: