PDA

View Full Version : Things I Learned from Packers/Cardinals Preseason Game #3...

SnakeLH2006
08-29-2009, 04:08 AM
This might become an weekly tradition with Packer games as it's fun, but here goes with the Snake's Take:

-Arod is a vastly better QB than Brett Favre has been in some time.
-This young guy is maybe top 3 in the league in talent/poise behind only Manning/Brady right now. What fucking poise. Damn. He's really good. We got Arod for 10 years or so...and he's just getting better. His leadership/decision making blows me away.
-ARod's accuracy and easily catchable deep balls are the BEST I've EVER seen. I'm amazed. ARod's deep ball is the most accurate/deep ball I can EVER remember ANYONE throwing in the NFL, thus far in preseason, but damn, it's good.
-Arod's QB rating (not just in this game, but overall) at 151.1 blows away what I could do on Madden 10 (the videogame) on Rookie in preseason, thus far.
-Arod tonite looked like Manning/Brady/Steve Young rolled up in one if they made a baby...(and just hoping that baby could grow up and do what he did tonite).
-ARod's 34 yard scramble was farther than Brett did since the rain-storm MNF game vs. the Bears in 1994 when he scampered for a 40 yard TD (remember than game with my Dad as a kid).
-Arod has nifty feet.
-Donald Driver teabags Father Time.
-I guarantee our starting Offense (with ARod) is top 5 in yards and points this year, or damn near both.
-Other than QB, our staring O is just scary potent, yet even if we lost a few fstarters anywhere other than QB, we'd nare skip a beat (unlike our DB's).
-If our DB secondary goes down, we R fucked.
-Lumpkin who?
-Sutton is our #2 RB.
-Wynn can't return kicks. Sucks you are a headcase, cuz you don't have OchoCinco talent and can't kickoff to save your spot. Wynn who?..Out the league.
-Brian Brohm's QB rating is moot in this game (his only completions were slants I could have thrown) but when you can't manage the clock/sacks/critical QB decisions to save a good FG kick...you suck. No points in the 2nd half again.
-Brohm is HUGE bust.
-Brian Brohm is out the league in a year despite his HS/College pedigree.
-Patler was right about Beanie Wells...but Jerermy Thompson not so much...Beanie was good. Thompson not so much thus far.
-Desmond Bishop is a beast. Play him.
-Without his helmet, Nick Collins is a dead ringer for MMA fighter, Rampage Jackson.
-Mike McCarthy got a haircut to not pull his hair out with Brohm at QB or the 4th string scrubs at DB that almost cost us the game.
-Kevin Greene is INTENSE and don't doubt he slapped up Golberg in WCW in back in 1999 behind the scenes (rumored). Don't fuck with him. EVER.
-Woodson is going into the NFL HOF as a Packer.
-Poppinga sucks...and in coverage.
-Snake's man-love for Bigby is gone. Skin is happy. And A. Smith has played well and WILL start at safety after tonite.
-As much as Snake has a hard-on for BJ, Jolly keeps making plays and WILL start the season on the depth chart over BJ.
-Jordy finally made a play! He has good hands and top speed, yet my love for JJ is true. JJ is more consistent making plays OVER and OVER (discount his TD catch by penalty) but JJ makes more big plays.
-Jordy is a glorifed Bill Schroeder, for now.
-Dom Capers is a 3-4 genious. He looks damn good with his headset calling plays from the booth.
-Dom Capers looks/seems like Bill Belicheck lately. Scary. Is he?
-Sutton makes the team over that D. Wynn.
-Ruvell saved his 5th WR spot with that KR TD. His holding is the WORST EVER! 3 botched FG attempts and a missed XP? WTF? Let's hope Matt Flynn is healthy soon or we need ARod to keep up his 151.1 preseason QB rating and score TD's EVERY time.
-Thank god for Ruvell he's ARod best friend (for real) and guitar buddy.
-Woodson is a HOF for sure (and with the Packers I hope).
-Robert Brooks looks like he's doing Meth. I hope not.
-Thank god ARod went to the bench, so Kampinos could get some punts under Brohm. We might have a punter thanks to Brohm's ineptiness.
-If preseason games counted, Leinhart would have been on pace to shatter Norm Van Brocklin's passing yards in a game record (if he would have played the full game).
-Arod can keep the beard if he keeps putting up Brady type numbers.

---------------------------------------

LOL...just some observations..but post your own.

This is just what Snake saw. What an AWESOME fricking show once again by OUR #1 Offense and Defense. We look damn good and disregard the 2nd half as that shit was wack...We were playing 3rd/4th team DB's as our backup DB's as we are just decimated so we couldn't run any stunts/blitz packages with the backup 3-4 guys.....that almost backfired..

This thread is just observations with humor too....Post your own! LOL.

mraynrand
08-29-2009, 07:34 AM
-Arod tonite looked like Manning/Brady/Steve Young rolled up in one if they made a baby...(and just hoping that baby could grow up and do what he did tonite).

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article6811080.ece
"The prospect of a human baby with three biological parents has moved closer after scientists created monkeys using a technique that one day could stop children from inheriting severe genetic diseases.

The birth of four healthy macaque monkeys in the US offers the strongest evidence yet that DNA can be transplanted safely from one egg to another to correct genetic defects that damage health."
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00606/monkeys_606014a.jpg

PackerTimer
08-29-2009, 07:46 AM
Rodgers was everything you want in a QB. Poised, accurate, controled. Amazing.

The first team offensive line played very well. Rodgers felt some pressure on a few plays, but for the most part he had all the time in the world to make plays. In the run game, it was awesome to see our offensive lineman just pushing their guys down the field.

Woodson just looks like a guy you feels lucky to have ended up where he did. I've heard that Green Bay wouldn't have been his first choice originally, but his experiences have won him over. I think he loves playing in this defense.

Finley will add another dimension to the offense.

We can't keep forcing turnovers at rates like we have been. Can we?

I know it's only preseason but when you absolutely dominate the teams you've played it's got to be a good sign.

packrat
08-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Woodson lobbied for new coaches on defense and is a HAPPY camper with the results!

Tony Oday
08-29-2009, 12:20 PM
our biggest concern is PLACE KICKER...we were 0-7 last year in close games and FGs are going to matter a lot out there...

Partial
08-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Crosby will be fine. Martin won't typically be holding imo.

Rodgers does look fantastic.

LOL @ driver teabags father time :lol:

Fred's Slacks
08-29-2009, 03:28 PM

LMAO. :lol:

Scott Campbell
08-29-2009, 03:34 PM

That is awesome. I'll rip it off at some point, but will give you credit for the quote.

DonHutson
08-29-2009, 03:35 PM
I hope this is a weekly feature, Snake. Funny and true.

DannoMac21
08-29-2009, 03:44 PM
This might become an weekly tradition with Packer games as it's fun, but here goes with the Snake's Take:

-Arod is a vastly better QB than Brett Favre has been in some time.
-This young guy is maybe top 3 in the league in talent/poise behind only Manning/Brady right now. What fucking poise. Damn. He's really good. We got Arod for 10 years or so...and he's just getting better. His leadership/decision making blows me away.
-ARod's accuracy and easily catchable deep balls are the BEST I've EVER seen. I'm amazed. ARod's deep ball is the most accurate/deep ball I can EVER remember ANYONE throwing in the NFL, thus far in preseason, but damn, it's good.
-Arod's QB rating (not just in this game, but overall) at 151.1 blows away what I could do on Madden 10 (the videogame) on Rookie in preseason, thus far.
-ARod's 34 yard scramble was farther than Brett did since the rain-storm MNF game vs. the Bears in 1994 when he scampered for a 40 yard TD (remember than game with my Dad as a kid).
-Arod has nifty feet.
-I guarantee our starting Offense (with ARod) is top 5 in yards and points this year, or damn near both.
-Other than QB, our staring O is just scary potent, yet even if we lost a few fstarters anywhere other than QB, we'd nare skip a beat (unlike our DB's).
-If our DB secondary goes down, we R fucked.
-Lumpkin who?
-Sutton is our #2 RB.
-Wynn can't return kicks. Sucks you are a headcase, cuz you don't have OchoCinco talent and can't kickoff to save your spot. Wynn who?..Out the league.
-Brian Brohm's QB rating is moot in this game (his only completions were slants I could have thrown) but when you can't manage the clock/sacks/critical QB decisions to save a good FG kick...you suck. No points in the 2nd half again.
-Brohm is HUGE bust.
-Brian Brohm is out the league in a year despite his HS/College pedigree.
-Patler was right about Beanie Wells...but Jerermy Thompson not so much...Beanie was good. Thompson not so much thus far.
-Desmond Bishop is a beast. Play him.
-Without his helmet, Nick Collins is a dead ringer for MMA fighter, Rampage Jackson.
-Mike McCarthy got a haircut to not pull his hair out with Brohm at QB or the 4th string scrubs at DB that almost cost us the game.
-Kevin Greene is INTENSE and don't doubt he slapped up Golberg in WCW in back in 1999 behind the scenes (rumored). Don't fuck with him. EVER.
-Poppinga sucks...and in coverage.
-Snake's man-love for Bigby is gone. Skin is happy. And A. Smith has played well and WILL start at safety after tonite.
-As much as Snake has a hard-on for BJ, Jolly keeps making plays and WILL start the season on the depth chart over BJ.
-Jordy finally made a play! He has good hands and top speed, yet my love for JJ is true. JJ is more consistent making plays OVER and OVER (discount his TD catch by penalty) but JJ makes more big plays.
-Jordy is a glorifed Bill Schroeder, for now.
-Dom Capers is a 3-4 genious. He looks damn good with his headset calling plays from the booth.
-Dom Capers looks/seems like Bill Belicheck lately. Scary. Is he?
-Sutton makes the team over that D. Wynn.
-Ruvell saved his 5th WR spot with that KR TD. His holding is the WORST EVER! 3 botched FG attempts and a missed XP? WTF? Let's hope Matt Flynn is healthy soon or we need ARod to keep up his 151.1 preseason QB rating and score TD's EVERY time.
-Thank god for Ruvell he's ARod best friend (for real) and guitar buddy.
-Woodson is a HOF for sure (and with the Packers I hope).
-Robert Brooks looks like he's doing Meth. I hope not.
-Thank god ARod went to the bench, so Kampinos could get some punts under Brohm. We might have a punter thanks to Brohm's ineptiness.
-If preseason games counted, Leinhart would have been on pace to shatter Norm Van Brocklin's passing yards in a game record (if he would have played the full game).
-Arod can keep the beard if he keeps putting up Brady type numbers.

---------------------------------------

LOL...just some observations..but post your own.

This is just what Snake saw. What an AWESOME fricking show once again by OUR #1 Offense and Defense. We look damn good and disregard the 2nd half as that shit was wack...We were playing 3rd/4th team DB's as our backup DB's as we are just decimated so we couldn't run any stunts/blitz packages with the backup 3-4 guys.....that almost backfired..

This thread is just observations with humor too....Post your own! LOL.

LMAO.

KYPack
08-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Great post, Snakey.

I'm very impressed that you knew Norm Van Brocklin had the passing yardage record. Of course, it wouldn't have counted, pre-season game.

I saw a hilarious deal on NFL net the other day. They were interviewing one of Dutch's old teammates. They asked him, "what kind of guy was Norm"?

I was waiting for the usual, "He was a great guy, etc., etc.'

This guy leaned back and said, "He was a miserable SOB".

I chuckled at that one.

Willard
08-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Woodson was a ball seeking missile out there last night. He is definitely diggin the new scheme....More Chuck for the buck!!

rbaloha1
08-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Nice observations.

RashanGary
08-29-2009, 06:32 PM
I share in your enthusiasm, snake.

RashanGary
08-29-2009, 06:35 PM
I liked the way Woodson went inside to the G/T gap to make the tackle change his mind in how he was going to protect, then he strolled outside as if he decided not to blitz. When he eventually did blitz, it was in a completely different gap than the one he showed earlier. It was very hard to defend.

I don't know if he was taught that, or if he just knew he could mess with the lineman by doing it but whatever the case, it worked and I liked it.

mission
08-29-2009, 06:43 PM
I liked the way Woodson went inside to the G/T gap to make the tackle change his mind in how he was going to protect, then he strolled outside as if he decided not to blitz. When he eventually did blitz, it was in a completely different gap than the one he showed earlier. It was very hard to defend.

I don't know if he was taught that, or if he just knew he could mess with the lineman by doing it but whatever the case, it worked and I liked it.

That one stuck out to me as well. We've never seen anything like that before.

In years past, it's always been either they blitz or don't blitz ... and we never disguised it well.