PDA

View Full Version : Jenning's injury

red
08-29-2009, 09:13 AM
jennings said he was knocked out for a second or two and suffered a concussion.

he's got 2 weeks to get back in shape for the regular season, so he should be good to go. as people who watched the game saw, he was up and moving around and looked fine later in the game.

we dodged a bullet there, it looked very scary when it happened

bbbffl66
08-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Man, I was screaming at the TV to pull everyone after that happened. Don't think we go 4-0 in practice games when 1's will play about 2 minutes!

pbmax
08-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Red, where did you see/read/hear his comments?

red
08-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Red, where did you see/read/hear his comments?

pro football talk

heres the whole story

Greg Jennings suffered a concussion
Posted by Josh Alper on August 29, 2009 9:15 AM ET
There was only one thing not to like about the Packers' starting offense on Friday night in Arizona. Wide receiver Greg Jennings left the game in the first quarter and didn't return.

Jennings suffered a concussion when he got sandwiched between Cardinals cornerback Bryant McFadden and safety Aaron Francisco after making a catch. Jennings stayed down on the turf for a while, but was up and joking with teammates on the sidelines a short time later.

After the game, Jennings said he suffered a concussion and admitted that he been knocked unconscious for a moment.

"Yeah for a second or two," he said. "It's part of football. I'm good now. Everything's working normal. I called the wife and told her everything's good, and I'm good to go."

The Packers didn't seem overly concerned about Jennings, as he never left the sideline for tests while the game was in progress. The good news is that he's got two weeks to spend healing before there will be any need to get him back on the field.

With nine touchdowns on 12 possessions, the Packers' starting offense appears to be ready and raring to go for regular season action. With starters a minor part of the final preseason game, there's not much chance Jennings will be doing anything particularly strenuous before September 13th.
Permalink 0 Comments RSS feed for comments Latest stories in: Green Bay Packers, Injuries, Latest News and Rumors, Top Stories

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2009, 10:52 AM
somebody should tell jennings that it wasn't a second or two, that he was lying unconcious for 3 hours. If he believes it, then we know he really got a concussion.

mission
08-29-2009, 07:07 PM
I almost started crying ... :cry: :cry: :cry:

]{ilr]3
08-29-2009, 07:23 PM
I almost started crying ... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Me too! I just drafted him in my FF league! :cry:

Yes, I am a shallow bastard!

All kidding aside, it was really tough seeing him like that. And the fact that the Cardinals TV people didnt even talk about it or give any updates really pissed me off. I was glad to see him slapping Nelson on the back after that 75 Yard TD and to hear that it appears to be nothing serious for him.

He is a class act guy. Randy Moss can break his neck and it would be too good for him, Jennings deserves a long a rewarding career in the NFL.

Brando19
08-29-2009, 07:25 PM
After watching the video again, it looks like the Cards' defensive players should've been shook up as well. Those two guys collided!

Kiwon
08-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Yeah, the Cards guy really took a shot.

I think we dodged a bullet there. It looked bad with Jennings motionless on the turf.

Tarlam!
08-30-2009, 01:06 AM
In the immortal words of Douglas Adams
Don't Panic.

I didn't see the hit, just know what you people are writing. TT has a core of WRs. Of which Jennings is the best, but one of many.

channtheman
08-30-2009, 02:04 AM
In the immortal words of Douglas Adams
Don't Panic.

I didn't see the hit, just know what you people are writing. TT has a core of WRs. Of which Jennings is the best, but one of many.

Exactly. While Jennings getting hurt would suck, the rest of our WR's stepped up and didn't miss a beat.