PDA

View Full Version : UFC 102

Kiwon
08-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Best three matches:

3. 7-second knockout (Todd Duffee knocks out Tim Hague)

2. Jake Rosholt skillfully chokes out Chris Leben

1. Randy Couture and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira - 15 minutes of solid action. Easily one of the best matches of the year. Too bad it was not a five-rounder. A great war from two great fighters.

At 46 years old and 33 years old, it's too bad the match didn't happen a few years ago when Randy Couture was in his prime.

Brando19
08-30-2009, 11:40 AM
It's amazing Randy Couture can fight at such a high level. I just read he signed a contract after last night's fight. He'll end his career in the UFC with a 7 fight contract over a 2 1/2 year span. He'll probably retire before he fulfills his contract...but he'll draw a crowd when he does fight.

Deputy Nutz
08-30-2009, 09:27 PM
I am a huge Randy fan, favorite fighter. What really pisses me off is the year and a half he wasted in a stupid hold out with the UFC because he didn't feel he was being paid enough. He was in the best position after beating Gabe Gonzaga, then he pulls a bullshit retirement and only hurts himself in the long run. I would have loved to see this fight last spring.

I take my hat off to Nog, he is really tough. Randy blasted him with some shots, and he just kept moving forward, his sweep of Randy was really nice, never seen that happen to Randy.

Randy had a bad game plan for the fight. He gave up his wrestling to focus on beating Nog on his feet and he lost. His wrestling is his best weapon and he folded it. He should have worked on his wrestling and his sub defense instead of his stand up. I think He would have been ok if he would have worked with a guy like Damian Mia.

Anyways I was a fan of Nate the Great Marquart before last night, now I think the guy is a stud, and I love him calling out Silva, especially keeping Silva in the 185 pound division, nice move Nate.