PDA

View Full Version : SI Article on TO

oregonpackfan
07-22-2006, 11:43 PM
In this week's issue of Sports Illustrated there is an interesting article on Terrell Owens.

He claims he has put the wreakage of the past behind him and will have a new football life with Coach Parcells and the Dallas Cowboys. The author also details Owens' demanding workout routines and commitment.

With the way Owens destroyed the team chemistry of both the 49'ers and the Eagles, I remain skeptical about him lasting through December without being suspended by the Cowboys.

Despite their needs at the receiver position, I am glad the Packers did not make efforts to sign T.O.

What are your thoughts?

Oregonpackfan

MadtownPacker
07-22-2006, 11:52 PM
I think they should have. Instead of Woodson should have got owens. I think he would have got the ball plenty and had no complaints. It would have worked for a year because Favre would have worked the hell out of him and thats what owens wants. Big numbers. Parcells might keep him happy for a season but it wont last long. Bledsoe will get him the ball though.

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-23-2006, 12:33 AM
I agree tarlem, if your going to get an old vet, might as well get one that can help us more. Plus owens would have been cheaper and not to mention fun as shit to watch.

woodbuck27
07-23-2006, 01:16 AM
In this week's issue of Sports Illustrated there is an interesting article on Terrell Owens.

Despite their needs at the receiver position, I am glad the Packers did not make efforts to sign T.O.

What are your thoughts?

Oregonpackfan

YOU know what I think?

We should have gone after T.O. with barrels blazing.

Favre to T.O. and DD . . . come on !

A NO BRAINER ! TT ????? :mrgreen:

Packers4Ever
07-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Sorry, I know I'm low man - or woman - here but TO is a disgrace to the game of football and the NFL. I'd give him til Thanksgiving - no wait - make that Halloween - to start causing trouble somewhere. Brett could deliver to him for 4 quarters and he'd still find somebody to needle or irritate, look what he did when he was with the Eagles! Tore the locker room, teammates and coaches all to hell is all. We've had enough trouble, we don't need him here. He's about 3 notches above Randy Moss and we all know where that went !

So no thanks, he may be good for Green Bay but Green Bay's too good
for him, IMHO. :sad:
[/i]

MJZiggy
07-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Sorry, I know I'm low man - or woman - here but TO is a disgrace to the game of football and the NFL. I'd give him til Thanksgiving - no wait - make that Halloween - to start causing trouble somewhere. Brett could deliver to him for 4 quarters and he'd still find somebody to needle or irritate, look what he did when he was with the Eagles! Tore the locker room, teammates and coaches all to hell is all. We've had enough trouble, we don't need him here. He's about 3 notches above Randy Moss and we all know where that went !

So no thanks, he may be good for Green Bay but Green Bay's too good
for him, IMHO. :sad:
[/i]

You're low? Since when. All members have equal say (except admin) and lots of us agree with you. He had been with Dallas for what, 3 days before he released a book he didn't tell them about? The first time DD caught a pass he'd have been annoyed and if Jennings started getting attention, that would have been it. You are right on when you say GB is too good for him.

packerpete
07-24-2006, 12:24 AM
I dont know about GB being too good for TO, but Ziggy baby, you are way too good for GB! :cool:

the_idle_threat
07-24-2006, 12:35 AM
http://www.allrockkitty.com/images/nelly.jpg

It's gettin hot in here ...

Packers4Ever
07-24-2006, 05:32 PM
http://www.allrockkitty.com/images/nelly.jpg

It's gettin hot in here ...

If ya can't stand the heat............ :smile: LOL

Deputy Nutz
07-24-2006, 05:51 PM
I need TO on this team like I need a raging flare up of herpes.

Tony Oday
07-24-2006, 06:18 PM
I wanted T.O. because I honestly think Favre could hold him in check. I would think that he would step out of line and Favere would say, "Cliffy Tauch break the little guy!" I think Favre is sure of himself and would have no problem holding him in check.

What happend is over lets move on and have a winning season!

Harlan Huckleby
07-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Oh hell, I'd take Randy Moss or T.O.

Winning builds a good attitude.

A team with (close to) zero offensive weapons is not a good place to build from.

T.O. would be a risk worth taking, if deal was structured with two-way out clause.

Packers4Ever
07-24-2006, 07:30 PM
I wanted T.O. because I honestly think Favre could hold him in check. I would think that he would step out of line and Favere would say, "Cliffy Tauch break the little guy!" I think Favre is sure of himself and would have no problem holding him in check.

What happend is over lets move on and have a winning season!

I sure hope you're right about Favre, Tony, 'cause that would tell me he's back to the old Brett we knew whether TO was there or not. (and yes, Cliffy and Tausch could inflict some major damage on TO!!) :lol:

OK I'm ready for a winning season too, let the party begin !!