PDA

View Full Version : Backup QB possibilities?

digitaldean
08-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Kind of curious to see what the Packers will do at the backup QB spot.

Will they stand pat?

They probably won't be able to get Tyler Thigpen (who was rumored for a trade) from KC. Matt Cassell is out 2-4 weeks with an MCL sprain.

On PFT.com and also confirmed via Yahoo Sports
http://tinyurl.com/mwbj8v

So do they go after McCown. Other posters noted him as ordinary at best.

KYPack
09-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Kind of curious to see what the Packers will do at the backup QB spot.

Will they stand pat?

They probably won't be able to get Tyler Thigpen (who was rumored for a trade) from KC. Matt Cassell is out 2-4 weeks with an MCL sprain.

On PFT.com and also confirmed via Yahoo Sports
http://tinyurl.com/mwbj8v

So do they go after McCown. Other posters noted him as ordinary at best.

Here's a few.

This is a totally wild ass guess list, but it's a list.

Kevin O'Connell cut by NE
Tyler Thigpen KC back-up
A.J. Feeley probably available in 1 - 4 games
Patrick Ramsey Titans
Josh Johnson Bucs
Charlie Frye/ Bruce Gradkowski Da Raiduz

There are guys out there. There's 700 guys looking for work Saturday, so a lotta wild shit will happen.

I wanted to keep that Shulak kid and trade him back to Oak, & see if Al noticed.

Fritz
09-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Too late - the Pack released him. But still, it would be great if Al signed the kid.

I'm curious as to how Brohm will do Thursday. If he plays well - shows some improvement - my guess would be that Ted would keep the status quo this year. That of course assumes too that Flynn would be healthy.

If not, who knows? My gosh, Brooks Bollinger just signed with the Lions. Maybe Art Schlichter's available.

BobDobbs
09-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Considering that they were willing to go into last season with a guy who'd never started a game and two rookies I don't think TT is going to grab a veteran to play stopgap. Brohm was a second rounder and they'll stick with him unless they see a young guy with more potential who is free to sign.

What do you think the chances of that happening? Most of the cuts are going to be career backups and camp arms. There's not many teams that have more than three decent QBs on their roster.