PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jackson out indefinitely

packers11
08-30-2009, 10:25 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Packers No. 2 back Brandon Jackson is out indefinitely with an ankle sprain.

Coach Mike McCarthy admitted the sprain is worse than initially believed and gave no timetable for a return, giving us the impression that it may be a high ankle sprain. That could open the door for DeShawn Wynn to move up.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

When I was watching the game I saw him go off on the cart and didn't hear much about it after wards... Thats pretty big news...

Deputy Nutz
08-30-2009, 10:29 PM
They will probably move him to the PUP list and Sutton/Lumpkin will make the active roster for the time being.

Next weeks preseason game will be a battle between the two for the roster spot

Patler
08-30-2009, 10:34 PM
They will probably move him to the PUP list and Sutton/Lumpkin will make the active roster for the time being.

The options for him will be the final roster, season ending IR, or waived. PUP is not an option.

Deputy Nutz
08-30-2009, 10:37 PM

The options for him will be the final roster, season ending IR, or waived. PUP is not an option.

explain it, what is the deal with being deactivated for the first 6 weeks of the season and then either being activated, or cut? I believe there is a spot like that is not considered IR.

Partial
08-30-2009, 10:44 PM

explain it, what is the deal with being deactivated for the first 6 weeks of the season and then either being activated, or cut? I believe there is a spot like that is not considered IR.

This was my understanding as well. They did this with Harrell each of his first two years.

Lurker64
08-30-2009, 10:49 PM
I believe the rule is "A player is not allowed to be placed on the PUP list if they start training camp on the active roster."

HarveyWallbangers
08-30-2009, 10:53 PM
I believe the rule is "A player is not allowed to be placed on the PUP list if they start training camp on the active roster."

Indeed.

Deputy Nutz
08-30-2009, 10:56 PM
I did some reading. There are two types of PUP lists. There is an active PUP list that player can only be put on before the start of training camp. A player placed on the active PUP list cannot participate in practice. A player can be taken off the Active PUP list at any time.

The other list is the Reserve PUP, most importantly, you have to already be on the active pup list to qualify for the reserve pup list. Once on the reserve pup, the team has until the 6th week of the season to make decision about the injured player.

So Jackson no qualify.

Tony Oday
08-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Sutton is a happy man...not saying he wanted this...but he makes the team now.

Fosco33
08-30-2009, 11:46 PM
We always have injured RBs - reason to keep it deep. I like how BJack's 2nd year was turning out. Hope it's just a sprain and he can play plenty.

Still think Lumpy is out and Sutton is edging in.

mraynrand
08-31-2009, 12:35 AM
DAYUM!

GET SAMKON!!!!!!

DON'T STRES PACK FOLK is jes ENTERTAINMENT!!! lol.

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2009, 12:45 AM
a backup running back sprains an ankle two weeks before regular season.

I really don't think this is going to change any roster decisions. At most, they will temporarily promote a practice squad RB for a week or two like they did with Wynn in the past.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 03:23 AM
We always have injured RBs - reason to keep it deep. I like how BJack's 3rd year was turning out. Hope it's just a sprain and he can play plenty.

fixed

Kiwon
08-31-2009, 04:17 AM
We always have injured RBs - reason to keep it deep. I like how BJack's 3rd year was turning out. Hope it's just a sprain and he can play plenty.

fixed

spayed or neutered

Badgerinmaine
08-31-2009, 07:57 AM
This would worry me more if Sutton hadn't looked so good so far.

woodbuck27
08-31-2009, 06:18 PM
OK so now it looks like Sutton is in a more solid fight for the 3rd RB spot.

Grant - Wynn and Sutton? ( based on past performance but he still has a fight ).

Lurker64
08-31-2009, 06:25 PM
OK so now it looks like Sutton is in a more solid fight for the 3rd RB spot.

Grant - Wynn and Sutton? ( based on past performance but he still has a fight ).

I think Wynn has Sutton beat, and I don't think they'll keep 4 RBs (they have to make room for a fair number of DBs, LBs, and CBs). I think if Jackson's ankle injury is really serious, he's going to IR. If it's not serious, he'll be put on the roster and they'll hope to get Sutton to the Practice squad. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he clears waivers, honestly. A lot of teams have 4 RBs they really like.

McCarthy doesn't really do running back by committee, so it wouldn't be a serious problem for your backup RB (who's not a 3rd down guy) to be unavailable until week 4 or so.