PDA

View Full Version : Biggest name cut from 09 roster

SkinBasket
08-31-2009, 09:29 AM
Anyone want to put their good name on the line and predict the biggest name that will be straight up cut this year?

Every year we see it. That one name that makes you stop and look back at the headline to make sure you're reading the right article. "They cut that guy?" you ask aloud. "What?" your wife asks, pretending to sound interested after noting you're reading the sports section. You could answer with any name you want from Jake Allen to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Steely Dan and she wouldn't know the difference. But to you it makes a difference because at the very least you would have thought a trade would have been worked out. But it wasn't. And all you can imgaine is Ted Thompson saying, "Pack yo' bags bitch."

I would have made a poll, that seems to defeat the idea of the cut being a surprise if one were to make a list of those susceptible to the blind side roster cut.

Patler
08-31-2009, 09:37 AM
Biggest name?

Evan Dietrich-Smith. It's the biggest name on the roster by a couple letters, I think. :oops:

KYPack
08-31-2009, 09:41 AM
Does it have to be, like, a starter?

I'll say Tony Moll, but as a "name" he is probably only has name recognition with PR posters and his immediate family.

He has started in his career, that counts for something.

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 09:53 AM
Does it have to be, like, a starter?

I'll say Tony Moll, but as a "name" he is probably only has name recognition with PR posters and his immediate family.

He has started in his career, that counts for something.

:lol:

pbmax
08-31-2009, 10:08 AM
Michael Montgomery.

He also has a beautiful voice "You don't know me but I'm your brother..."

SkinBasket
08-31-2009, 10:32 AM
Biggest name?

Evan Dietrich-Smith. It's the biggest name on the roster by a couple letters, I think. :oops:

This is the point where you get punch-slapped in the balls if you're sitting in a bar having this conversation.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2009, 10:54 AM
Atari Bigby.

Fritz
08-31-2009, 10:57 AM
I think Scott's got the winner.

But I'll toss one out there anyway: Brian Brohm.

"Brohm Gets Broomed" will be the headline.

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Dear PR,

I think it will be Aaron Rodgers.

Signed,

Partial

MadtownPacker
08-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Dear sheepy,

You are totally useless on every level.

Signed,

Anyone with common sense

For the record - Ruvell gets the axe and devastates Ballhawk into confessing he aint 16.

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Speaking of sense, your sense of humor is that of a mid sized boulder.

gbgary
08-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Michael Montgomery.

that's michael mcdonald. http://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2/images/smilies/smiley23%5B1%5D.gif

Tarlam!
08-31-2009, 02:37 PM
Dear sheepy,

You are totally useless on every level.

Signed,

Anyone with common sense

For the record - Ruvell gets the axe and devastates Ballhawk into confessing he aint 16.

I told you so.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Michael Montgomery.

That would be michael mcdonald. :oops:

retailguy
08-31-2009, 03:08 PM
Michael Montgomery.

He knows. He found out 30 minutes ago... :oops:

pbmax
08-31-2009, 03:10 PM
Michael Montgomery.

that's michael mcdonald. http://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2/images/smilies/smiley23%5B1%5D.gif

Michael Montgomery.

That was the joke of course. But I am glad to see you two geezers keeping up with your late 70 hippie-groove bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYtUWWwpGSw

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 03:29 PM
Michael Montgomery.

He knows. He found out 30 minutes ago... :oops:

And, now we all have found out what a douche you are.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Michael Montgomery.

Michael Montgomery.

That was the joke of course. But I am glad to see you two geezers keeping up with your late 70 hippie-groove bands.

Better joke if you went with the country singer.

My friend's brother's band played an amazing version of takin to the streets...at least we thought so in 8th grade. :oops:

Brando19
08-31-2009, 03:38 PM

Wow...you have almost three straight posts without a youtube link! Moving on up! :roll:

Zool
08-31-2009, 03:42 PM

Wow...you have almost three straight posts without a youtube link! Moving on up! :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcggr_23WJU

retailguy
08-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Now that was priceless. Thanks for the laugh.

For the record, until yesterday, I thought Wynn got the axe. Now, I'm not so sure, as we don't know how bad Jackson is hurt.

So, I'll go with Ruvell too.

Chevelle2
08-31-2009, 03:46 PM
Ruvell isn't getting cut. He and Rodgers are best buds. Those sort of things go a long way in deciding who stays and who goes, IMO.

retailguy
08-31-2009, 03:48 PM
Ted Thompson would trade his mother if he thought he could get a draft pick for her. I don't think Ted understands the loyalty you refer to. When Ruvell becomes the #6 receiver he'll be gone, even if he's carrying Rodgers love child.

gbgary
08-31-2009, 03:50 PM

:lol: that was only in the beginning. after that he's 80s/90s r&b/soul. was one of my favorites. he's still around.

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 04:02 PM
And he was all over Steely Dan's Aja.

Heres a clip from '06. M MacD sings background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ETwkwOMJ6A

Barry Alvarez sat in front of me during this tour at the Marcus. I made him laugh and later I sent him some stuff to autograph, he did and sent it back.

I know ...youre happy for me.

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 04:09 PM

Go back in your corner, if we need anything from you we'll call on you.

Brando19
08-31-2009, 04:15 PM

Well...looks like you stopped at three posts. You just posted another youtube video. Good for you.

Tarlam!
08-31-2009, 04:15 PM

You keep making friends on here, huh, Sheepdip?. Brando is a valued member and has been since nearly this place opened. One more that you have chosen to insult because he won't tolerate your stupid ways - Can't you see a pattern? It's not just me. People do not like your cyber persona.

You have a great football mind. Maybe you've lived around Bear's fans for too long and you've taken up their ways. Stop with the insults and people here will leave you alone personally.

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 04:22 PM
You really need to get a life, stop with the name calling (which I have not done) and most importantly STOP responding to my posts. Thank You. Now take your medicine and do some breathing exercises.

Tarlam!
08-31-2009, 04:32 PM
I can respond to anything posted. And you have been Sheepdip since the first day you arrived here. You keep getting called on your posts, not even from me. Sheepdip.

That must have you thinking. If it doesn't, then, I have some meds that will help.

I warned everybody here. I called you out. You have merely lived up to the reputation you have, the one I warned us all about. Personally, I blame the Mexican for even letting you be a member here. Your posts are vile and full of personal attacks.

Just like I said they would be.

Brando19
08-31-2009, 04:39 PM
You really need to get a life, stop with the name calling (which I have not done) and most importantly STOP responding to my posts. Thank You. Now take your medicine and do some breathing exercises.

All you do is pick fights. That gets old. When you talk football...you seem alright. Other than that....it's a youtube post...followed by an insult....then another youtube post. Grow up.

pbmax
08-31-2009, 04:55 PM

:lol: that was only in the beginning. after that he's 80s/90s r&b/soul. was one of my favorites. he's still around.
To get this thread back on track...

Later in his solo career, yes. But for "Taking It To The Streets" he was recording with the Doobie Brothers, whose name should tell you all you need to know about their sound.

He also sang backup on every single song in the 1980s. It was a Federal Law.

However, voice aside, he will be free for reunion concerts on Sunday.

BallHawk
08-31-2009, 05:06 PM
Biggest name cut will be DeShawn Wynn. I thought about Bigby and Poppinga, but Bigby is better than what we've got (even though I think the guy is wildly overrated) and Poppinga has a relatively fresh contract. So Wynn's my guess.

And I am concerned about Ruvell because of Ted's unpredictability and because, as RG said, Ted probably doesn't consider the relationship between A-Rod and Ruvell. Those guys are best buds. A-Rod would be extremely upset if Ruvell was cut and you'd have to wonder about his moral.

All of that aside, Ruvell is still the 5th best WR on the team. Jake Allen and Brett Swain are not worth cutting Ruvell.

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 05:19 PM

All you do is pick fights. That gets old. When you talk football...you seem alright. Other than that....it's a youtube post...followed by an insult....then another youtube post. Grow up.

pick fights? like when?

Tarlam!
08-31-2009, 05:20 PM

pick fights? like when?

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa!

SkinBasket
08-31-2009, 05:25 PM
And I am concerned about Ruvell because of Ted's unpredictability and because, as RG said, Ted probably doesn't consider the relationship between A-Rod and Ruvell. Those guys are best buds. A-Rod would be extremely upset if Ruvell was cut and you'd have to wonder about his moral.

I would like to think Rodgers is mature enough to realize that a) Ruvell is a marginal NFL talent and that b) what's best for the team is always going to come before who's friends with who. If cutting Ruvell Martin affected Rodger's morale to a concerning degree, then we are truly fucked at QB.

All of that aside, Ruvell is still the 5th best WR on the team. Jake Allen and Brett Swain are not worth cutting Ruvell.

He may be the 5th best WR, but what's his value outside of that? How many 5 WR sets are we going to roll out this season? Do you pull Lee or Finley off the field for a below average 5th WR?

If Ruvell can't separate himself from this year's WR fodder, they may decide to keep one of the other guys on the 53 man roster for their potential since apparently Ruvell is as good as he's going to get, and it's not terribly good.

Administrator
08-31-2009, 05:27 PM
Enough off topic stuff guys, get back to the topic, or I'll close the thread.

Thanks.

woodbuck27
08-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Biggest name cut will be DeShawn Wynn. I thought about Bigby and Poppinga, but Bigby is better than what we've got (even though I think the guy is wildly overrated) and Poppinga has a relatively fresh contract. So Wynn's my guess.

Ruvell Martin came up with a huge play Vs Arizona to keep our pre-season record out of the loss column. It wouldn't be good karma to cut Ruvell Martin. Wondering!? Does Ted cares about karma?

Partial
08-31-2009, 05:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcggr_23WJU

Called this one a mile awayy.

Partial
08-31-2009, 05:46 PM

Echoed right back at you, guy.

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 05:50 PM

Hey Einstein, I wasn't talking to you.

Partial
08-31-2009, 05:52 PM

That's funny, because I have never once "talked" to you, yet you feel the need to constantly inject your thoughts.

You're though, you weren't talking to me. You were impersonating me and speaking for me. Notion to ban this cat?

BallHawk
08-31-2009, 05:55 PM

He may be the 5th best WR, but what's his value outside of that? How many 5 WR sets are we going to roll out this season? Do you pull Lee or Finley off the field for a below average 5th WR?

If Ruvell can't separate himself from this year's WR fodder, they may decide to keep one of the other guys on the 53 man roster for their potential since apparently Ruvell is as good as he's going to get, and it's not terribly good.

I'm sure Aaron well aware of the hard knocks attitude of the NFL and that he knows any player can be gone at any time; however, I have no problem keeping a 5th WR (a WR who actually possesses something none of other other WRs have, height) who can play special teams and has been with the team for awhile. Yes, you could make an argument that maybe a 2nd FB or an Nth LB would benefit us more than Ruvell would. But, when you're at the point of deciding who the 53rd man is then it's close to a crapshoot anyway. You may end up cutting the next Hunter Hillenmeyer or you may just be cutting Taco Wallace. It's not as bad as the draft, but it's close. If a guy hasn't distinguished himself as a definite addition to the team than I have no problem keeping a player like Ruvell whose influences extend beyond gameday.

BallHawk
08-31-2009, 05:57 PM
Also, the bitching on this forum is getting out of control again. Banhammers need to be used.

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 06:01 PM

That's funny, because I have never once "talked" to you, yet you feel the need to constantly inject your thoughts.

You're though, you weren't talking to me. You were impersonating me and speaking for me. Notion to ban this cat?

Sometimes we need some comic relief from your constant gibberish. Nothing personal man, but you just type and type for the sake of typing it seems. Give some stuff some thought. How many key boards do you go though in a month?

Administrator
08-31-2009, 06:16 PM

Do both of you have difficulty reading? Take it elsewhere.

Tony Oday
08-31-2009, 06:17 PM
Crosby

SkinBasket
08-31-2009, 06:35 PM

I'm going to agree with administrator. Get the fuck out my thread. Make a new thread in the RR or GC that's titled "feline fight" and have at it there. Then those who want to read these exchanges, which aren't even clever, can read them there without having our Ruvell Martin conversation interrupted. If you're going to try to insult each other, you could at least try to be funny or entertaining about it. This is like watching Sponge Bob and Patrick fight.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 06:39 PM

I'll let you slide on co-opting my joke.

SkinBasket
08-31-2009, 06:41 PM

I'm sure Aaron well aware of the hard knocks attitude of the NFL and that he knows any player can be gone at any time; however, I have no problem keeping a 5th WR (a WR who actually possesses something none of other other WRs have, height) who can play special teams and has been with the team for awhile. Yes, you could make an argument that maybe a 2nd FB or an Nth LB would benefit us more than Ruvell would. But, when you're at the point of deciding who the 53rd man is then it's close to a crapshoot anyway. You may end up cutting the next Hunter Hillenmeyer or you may just be cutting Taco Wallace. It's not as bad as the draft, but it's close. If a guy hasn't distinguished himself as a definite addition to the team than I have no problem keeping a player like Ruvell whose influences extend beyond gameday.

This may have been true in previous years, but this year there are going to be more difficult decisions to make at several positions. Ruvell's had his chance to show he's not just a taller Taco and hasn't really done that. I just think the flexibility of our TEs may spell the end of Ruvell's reign as the worst WR on the roster. That shitty job holding last week didn't help either.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 06:45 PM

Ruvell Martin came up with a huge play Vs Arizona to keep our pre-season record out of the loss column. It wouldn't be good karma to cut Ruvell Martin. Wondering!? Does Ted cares about karma?

Actually, RM's run for the td was a bonehead play. If RM had merely returned it and then went down....we run out the clock and win. Instead it gave the Cards another opportunity.

The clock was the enemy at that stage of the game, not the cards.

BallHawk
08-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Actually, RM's run for the td was a bonehead play. If RM had merely returned it and then went down....we run out the clock and win. Instead it gave the Cards another opportunity.

If it were the regular season perhaps he would have just gone out of bounds or gone down. But, with it being the preseason, there's no harm in him returning it for a laugh with a few seconds left.

Brando19
08-31-2009, 07:04 PM

I'll let you slide on co-opting my joke.

:lol: Thanks... :oops:
But it's the truth! Always a youtube link.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 07:06 PM

If it were the regular season perhaps he would have just gone out of bounds or gone down. But, with it being the preseason, there's no harm in him returning it for a laugh with a few seconds left.

Tell that to (forget who) who was near suicidal with the thought we would lose the game.

How can we know what he would do? Preseason or not, we practice and play as if to mirror the regular season. Certainly not the kinda play we expect out of a vet.

Ruvell's days are numbered. I am not advocating cutting him, but i won't shed a tear either.

Brando19
08-31-2009, 07:07 PM
I believe the biggest name to be cut by the Packers will be Brian Brohm. I was a big Brohm fan when the Packers drafted him...but I believe the Packers will trade/pick up after cuts a veteran QB. Hopefully Thigpen but I also here Feeley is available via trade. Brohm will be the odd man out when another QB is added.

BallHawk
08-31-2009, 07:10 PM
This may have been true in previous years, but this year there are going to be more difficult decisions to make at several positions. Ruvell's had his chance to show he's not just a taller Taco and hasn't really done that. I just think the flexibility of our TEs may spell the end of Ruvell's reign as the worst WR on the roster. That shitty job holding last week didn't help either.

I agree for the most part. This year's cuts are gonna be much tougher than previous years. We're gonna have tougher questions than whether or not to cut V-Money Morency. But Ruvell is no Taco. He had a down year last year, remember. He had 4 TDs in 2008. He just needs to be thrown the ball more. But, I agree, having Driver, Jennings, Jones, and Nelson as WRs and then Lee and Finley at TE it's hard to see where he could get looks.

Fritz
08-31-2009, 07:19 PM
R-Kal Truluck

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 07:21 PM
I believe the biggest name to be cut by the Packers will be Brian Brohm. I was a big Brohm fan when the Packers drafted him...but I believe the Packers will trade/pick up after cuts a veteran QB. Hopefully Thigpen but I also here Feeley is available via trade. Brohm will be the odd man out when another QB is added.

Thigpen? Really?

Did anybody watch that guy last year. He is awful.

1. He couldn't beat out huard or croyle...and those guys are guys
2. He sucked in a pro style offense
3. He racked up #s when they went to the spread. Why the spread, cause he ran it at CC.
4. The pack doesn't run the spread or the wildcat.

sharpe1027
08-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Breno Giacomini. Supposed to be battling for a starting position. Instead, he is in a battle for a roster spot with Tony Moll.

DonHutson
08-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Three pages in and unless I missed it nobody said Justin Harrell? He's almost certainly headed for the IR if he's not likely to get on the field soon, but there's a chance they've simply had enough.

Maybe Pat Lee, but he'll be more likely to join Harrell on the IR.

Brohm better hope Flynn is either healthy enough to be the #2 right away or hurt so bad he goes on IR. If he's in the middle and they need to bring in another QB, Brohm's probably gone.

Brando19
08-31-2009, 07:27 PM

Thigpen? Really?

3. He racked up #s when they went to the spread. Why the spread, cause he ran it at CC.

I agree with most of this...like number 3 and 4. But I don't think he sucks. He's a big guy with a big arm. He can scramble, too. If I remember correctly...he won a few games for KC last year. I didn't follow them close...but I caught some highlights last year and he looks better than Brohm and Flynn.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 07:33 PM

Thigpen? Really?

I agree with most of this...like number 3 and 4. But I don't think he sucks. He's a big guy with a big arm. He can scramble, too. If I remember correctly...he won a few games for KC last year. I didn't follow them close...but I caught some highlights last year and he looks better than Brohm and Flynn.

He won 1 game.

He was horrible till they switched to the spread. 14 of 30 something against raiders, 14 of 36 against the falcs with 3 ints.

Until they switched he was awful.

He is an athlete, no doubt, but i highly doubt he can run our offense...my god, he couldn't do shit in the power running game of KCs.

Brohm...i'm of the opinion we give him a bit more time. I watched how poorly leinart looked and now the game has slowed down and he is clearly a much better QB. Not saying Brohm will ever be as good, but i think he can be a game manager type like Ty detmer.

Brando19
08-31-2009, 07:36 PM

Thigpen? Really?

He won 1 game.

He was horrible till they switched to the spread. 14 of 30 something against raiders, 14 of 36 against the falcs with 3 ints.

He is an athlete, no doubt, but i highly doubt he can run our offense...my god, he couldn't do shit in the power running game of KCs.

Brohm...i'm of the opinion we give him a bit more time. I watched how poorly leinart looked and now the game has slowed down and he is clearly a much better QB. Not saying Brohm will ever be as good, but i think he can be a game manager type like Ty detmer.

:shock: I wasn't aware of that. Ok Ok! I don't want Thigpen now! :lol:

I do wish Brohm would "get it" a little quicker. I have his autograph!!

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 07:43 PM

Thigpen? Really?

He won 1 game.

:shock: I wasn't aware of that. Ok Ok! I don't want Thigpen now! :lol:

I do wish Brohm would "get it" a little quicker. I have his autograph!!

Hey, if they want to cut brohm, let's at least replace him with a guy who can run the offense. If not, then we shoulda signed vick.

I can distinctly recall after Thigpen's first 2 games how awful he was and our local sports talk radio discussing the lack of good qb's playing the game...i hadn't even heard of him...so, i started paying attention.

Bretsky
08-31-2009, 08:13 PM
I'd take Thigpen as a #3 over Suppan as a #3 any day :lol:

I think it might be Bigby. Would not be surprised if it occured later in the year

Partial
08-31-2009, 08:22 PM

Dude... Please go through this thread. Have I instigated anything? Nah. I didn't see your post before responding. Don't sweat it.

Fritz
08-31-2009, 08:37 PM
A little meditation and some time is all our #3 QB needs.

Everybody:

"br-OHMMMM......br-OHMMMMM.....br-OHMMMMM......"

Partial
08-31-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm starting to agree on Bigby. The coaches don't sound impressed with him. Poppinga was my original pick to be cut, but evidently he is the starter :D

Administrator
08-31-2009, 08:45 PM

Dude... Please go through this thread. Have I instigated anything? Nah. I didn't see your post before responding. Don't sweat it.

"Echoed right back at you, guy" is not starting something? Are you serious?

Partial
08-31-2009, 08:47 PM

I really don't think it is given that the guy made a false quote in my name first. Not at all, as a matter of fact.

I'm a reasonable, fair person, but there is little doubt that you play favorites.

KYPack
08-31-2009, 08:48 PM
We are cutting Martin to keep who? the rest of those WR's don't do much for me.

Bigby has got to be feeling the heat, but we are light at safety right now. Bigby is a slow guy who hurt his ankle. I doubt the surgery made him faster.

Administrator
08-31-2009, 08:50 PM

I really don't think it is given that the guy made a false quote in my name first. Not at all, as a matter of fact.

I'm a reasonable, fair person, but there is little doubt that you play favorites.

You are not entitled to retribution. Get that through your head.

Just because i disagree with you doesn't mean there are favorites.

Bretsky
08-31-2009, 08:52 PM

The bigger man will just STFU and let it go P; do that here please. You are not the first guy, or female, in here that I've said that to.

I don't buy the favorite bullshit comment at all. Just let it go

Brando19
08-31-2009, 09:25 PM
Partial,
You're giving Sheepshead what he wants. He drug you into this...and I understand wanting to argue with him because he starts shit with everyone. Don't give Sheep his way...let it go and hopefully the Admin will monitor Sheeps posts and see he instigates waaaaay too much.

Bretsky
08-31-2009, 09:29 PM

Bigby has got to be feeling the heat, but we are light at safety right now. Bigby is a slow guy who hurt his ankle. I doubt the surgery made him faster.

can't cut I dropped the biggest pass of my life Martin cause we don't have a replacement near him who plays specials.

I could see Poppinga or Bigby at some point this year. No way do we cut Brohm; I think TTT would get a 7th round pick for him instead if they really want to get rid of him

Bretsky
08-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Tavarius Jackson is intruiging as a backup QB if we could get him for a late late round pick. Of course we'd have to trade Brohm then as well.

SkinBasket
08-31-2009, 09:48 PM

Everyone should know I pray each night that Bigby is one of those cuts. Thompson hasn't let me down yet. Herron. Dendy. Hunter. The weak links have been eliminated. But we are too thin at safety to cut him. I'm simply hoping 29 gets the starting job at this point. Bigby can rehab his career on ST if he's such a fucking big hitter.

As far as cutting Martin, I don't know if we need a 5th WR. If we're going to carry Jarrett fucking Bush to plat ST, maybe keeping the 2nd FB instead of the 5th WR makes sense if we carry 2 WRs on the PS in case of injury. Ruvell is not a ST force, and if you're going to be the 5th WR on an offensively talented team, you need something other than, "Hey, I'm tall ya'll."

BallHawk
08-31-2009, 10:00 PM
If Jarrett Bush gets cut than I will personally drive up to Green Bay to shake Ted Thompson's hand.

I'll never forgive him for not picking up that fumble against the Giants. Ever.

Oh, did I mention he can't cover worth a shit? Yeah, I know he's the best thing on special teams since Kassim Osgood, but give me a break. He's like Jason David's long lost brother.

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 11:13 PM

No words for that post brothah.

Iron Mike
08-31-2009, 11:26 PM
.....time to swing the ban hammer again. *sigh*

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 11:34 PM
.....time to swing the ban hammer again. *sigh*

No, I think giving him a bit of a warning will be fine. He just needs to tone it down.

gbgary
08-31-2009, 11:34 PM

To get this thread back on track...Later in his solo career, yes. But for "Taking It To The Streets" he was recording with the Doobie Brothers, whose name should tell you all you need to know about their sound.

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/lol.gif yes...and don't forget his co-op efforts with the great james ingram and the great patty labelle. both hits and both very forgettable...particularly the one with ingram. ya mo be there? http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/ack2.gif

Tarlam!
09-01-2009, 12:50 AM

So, what you are saying is that's OK for some posters to attack other posters, but the attacked posters may not defend themselves in lieu of the non-action?

Somebody mentioned how quiet things have been lately and now suddenly, flame wars are on the uprise.

And since Partial has been allowed back he has focussed on football, players, teams and the like. He hasn't pro actively attacked anybody. So the wars aren't attributable to him. I doubt the posters calling for bans have targetted Partial with their pleas.

Tarlam!
09-01-2009, 03:54 AM
And, for the record, I told you so.

packrulz
09-01-2009, 06:25 AM

Everyone should know I pray each night that Bigby is one of those cuts. Thompson hasn't let me down yet. Herron. Dendy. Hunter. The weak links have been eliminated. But we are too thin at safety to cut him. I'm simply hoping 29 gets the starting job at this point. Bigby can rehab his career on ST if he's such a fucking big hitter.

As far as cutting Martin, I don't know if we need a 5th WR. If we're going to carry Jarrett fucking Bush to plat ST, maybe keeping the 2nd FB instead of the 5th WR makes sense if we carry 2 WRs on the PS in case of injury. Ruvell is not a ST force, and if you're going to be the 5th WR on an offensively talented team, you need something other than, "Hey, I'm tall ya'll."
Martin has also held for kicks and can backup at QB.

Bossman641
09-01-2009, 06:44 AM

So, what you are saying is that's OK for some posters to attack other posters, but the attacked posters may not defend themselves in lieu of the non-action?

Somebody mentioned how quiet things have been lately and now suddenly, flame wars are on the uprise.

And since Partial has been allowed back he has focussed on football, players, teams and the like. He hasn't pro actively attacked anybody. So the wars aren't attributable to him. I doubt the posters calling for bans have targetted Partial with their pleas.

Tarlam

I think it would be best if you (and everyone) just stay out of the disagreements in general. I agree that Partial has been a much improved poster since coming back. He may have started this thing with Sheepshead, he may not, I haven't even checked. Joe has shown that he will take action when necessary. I'm sure it is hard enough for him to stop an argument when there are 2 people going back and forth. It just makes it that much harder when you have 1,2,3 other people chiming in and taking sides.

Just my take

Fritz
09-01-2009, 06:52 AM
"Everyone should know I pray each night that Bigby is one of those cuts."

- Skinbasket

"...and bless Mom and Dad and my family, as well as the wonderful posters at Packerrats. And please, God, I pray that Atari Bigby is one of the cuts next week. Please, God. If you care at all about safety play in the 3-4 position, you'll see to it that Bigby is tossed into the street. You know he stinks, God. I mean, he's probably a cool guy and all, and maybe you can get him a job selling insurance or something, but please - I pray he is cut. It would mean so much to me, dear God. Oh, and can you feed the starving children in Africa, too? But do Bigby first, okay?

And one more thing: God, I've been faithfully posting pictures of humans loving one another - male humans, I know - for some time, showing the world that man should love man. But in this world of animal abuse - lookit, Mike Vick is playing football again - can't you please help me show people that animals need love, too? Perhaps you could see fit to send some pictures my way - pictures of men loving animals. Whales having the insides of their blow holes caressed. Men using themselves to probe and investigate the inside of an elephant's trunk. Please God I will be so happy if you help me share my message of love.

Thanks, God.

Yer old pal,

Skinbasket."

sheepshead
09-01-2009, 07:35 AM

Tarlam

I think it would be best if you (and everyone) just stay out of the disagreements in general. I agree that Partial has been a much improved poster since coming back. He may have started this thing with Sheepshead, he may not, I haven't even checked. Joe has shown that he will take action when necessary. I'm sure it is hard enough for him to stop an argument when there are 2 people going back and forth. It just makes it that much harder when you have 1,2,3 other people chiming in and taking sides.

Just my take

a voice of reason is always appreciated--carry on

sheepshead
09-01-2009, 07:41 AM

Lighten up Francis, nobody attacked anyone. Stop playing cop around here, talk about football or find some other venue for your therapy. Please.

KYPack
09-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Well, back to the old boring topic.

Saw this quote from Darren Perry,

Safeties coach Darren Perry indicated that the defensive staff is waiting for production from strong safety Atari Bigby.

"He just hasn't made the plays that you would hope," said Perry. "From most people's perspective, he's probably just been a guy. You just have to be careful how much you put into that. "

One of the benefits of new coaches is they see the players as they are and have no baggage regarding their former level of play.

I think Bigby gets cut.

SkinBasket
09-01-2009, 07:59 AM

Martin has also held for kicks and can backup at QB.

He is an "emergency" QB, not a back-up QB. Although he might have a better chance at making the roster as a QB than a WR at this point. And he showed us all just how awesome is is at holding kicks last game. I've already pointed that out as a reason to cut him.

Bretsky
09-01-2009, 08:00 AM

Lighten up Francis, nobody attacked anyone. Stop playing cop around here, talk about football Please.

You might consider the same; rather than alienating others and/or making smart ass comments attempt to focus on the game if it's at all possible for you.

sheepshead
09-01-2009, 08:01 AM

Lighten up Francis, nobody attacked anyone. Stop playing cop around here, talk about football Please.

You might consider the same; rather than alienating others and/or making smart ass comments attempt to focus on the game if it's at all possible for you.

Sure Dad..no smart ass comments ..ever ..in football forum....ok....

Administrator
09-01-2009, 08:04 AM

There was no cause for this. It is exactly what I'm talking about. Last warning on this thread. Next one, by anyone, and it's gone. And the poster that does it, goes too.

Bretsky
09-01-2009, 08:05 AM

Smart ass comments are everywhere; you choose to be that guy who goes further.

SkinBasket
09-01-2009, 08:18 AM
And one more thing: God, I've been faithfully posting pictures of humans loving one another - male humans, I know - for some time, showing the world that man should love man. But in this world of animal abuse - lookit, Mike Vick is playing football again - can't you please help me show people that animals need love, too? Perhaps you could see fit to send some pictures my way - pictures of men loving animals. Whales having the insides of their blow holes caressed. Men using themselves to probe and investigate the inside of an elephant's trunk. Please God I will be so happy if you help me share my message of love.

Jason Ellis deep throating a fish with it's head cut off (so he wouldn't die when the gills got stuck in his throat) because he lost a bet on the UFC 102 Keith Jardine fight.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_R6pG1CjzIsU/SpwrVo2np9I/AAAAAAAAAZ0/5adKoE4UQnc/s400/ellis+deep+throating+fish+001.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_R6pG1CjzIsU/SpwrSKJSJvI/AAAAAAAAAZs/WrA1BpJ4m30/s400/ellis+deep+throating+fish+003.jpg

You can watch this loving act of nature here:

http://www.ellismania.com/

MichiganPackerFan
09-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Ruvell Martin being cut wouldn't suprise me at all. He's in his fourth season I believe, and if he had upside, we'd be seing it by now. Maybe his time's not up, but it's close. Better to leave the spot for someone who hasn't topped out or is nearing the top.

KYPack
09-01-2009, 04:10 PM
In addition to the whining and shit, I've heard some pretty lame stuff on this thread.

Now, regarding the WR's we are gonna keep. Brett Swain, Jake Allen, and Ruvell Martin are fighting for that 5th spot. Swain has shown tiny flashes, Allen looks OK with the 2's sometimes, but he doesn't impress me a lot. Which guy has beaten out Martin or do we figure the "tall one with hands of stone at the wrong, critical time" has topped out and we get new toy?

Which is it?

Scott Campbell
09-01-2009, 04:32 PM
In addition to the whining and shit, I've heard some pretty lame stuff on this thread.

Now, regarding the WR's we are gonna keep. Brett Swain, Jake Allen, and Ruvell Martin are fighting for that 5th spot. Swain has shown tiny flashes, Allen looks OK with the 2's sometimes, but he doesn't impress me a lot. Which guy has beaten out Martin or do we figure the "tall one with hands of stone at the wrong, critical time" has topped out and we get new toy?

Which is it?

Martin.

Freak Out
09-01-2009, 04:51 PM

Which is it?

Martin.

My favorite Martin.

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Next one, by anyone, and it's gone. And the poster that does it, goes too.

If Administrator is going to be true to his word, Bretsky is banned now. He had to get that last lick in. :lol:

I don't think the Administrator plays favorites, in the sense that people that get disciplined have earned their whippin. But I don't like that generally well-behaved people are allowed to insert themselves into arguments, acting as Deputy Barney Fifes. "Nip it in the bud!" In my highly valued opinion, it would be best that we have one and only one Vice Principal patroling the hallway in our Junior High. That would cut-down about half the bickering.

Partial
09-01-2009, 06:55 PM

If Administrator is going to be true to his word, Bretsky is banned now. He had to get that last lick in. :lol:

I don't think the Administrator plays favorites, in the sense that people that get disciplined have earned their whippin. But I don't like that generally well-behaved people are allowed to insert themselves into arguments, acting as Deputy Barney Fifes. "Nip it in the bud!" In my highly valued opinion, it would be best that we have one and only one Vice Principal patroling the hallway in our Junior High. That would cut-down about half the bickering.

How can you say he doesn't? Mad makes a plea to birng back a permabanned user and it gets done. Meanwhile, he continues to threaten Ty and I who have keep our mouthes shut since coming back. Dude thinks he isn't, but dude is only seeing it from one perspective.

I sincerely hope Bretsky doesn't get banned because I love the Bunit. He's my game. But the admin is a hypocrite if he doesn't (if what you say is true, I don't have any context to this and I'm lazy -- I don't know what he said to tick any body off)

Fritz
09-01-2009, 07:07 PM

Jason Ellis deep throating a fish with it's head cut off (so he wouldn't die when the gills got stuck in his throat) because he lost a bet on the UFC 102 Keith Jardine fight.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_R6pG1CjzIsU/SpwrVo2np9I/AAAAAAAAAZ0/5adKoE4UQnc/s400/ellis+deep+throating+fish+001.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_R6pG1CjzIsU/SpwrSKJSJvI/AAAAAAAAAZs/WrA1BpJ4m30/s400/ellis+deep+throating+fish+003.jpg

You can watch this loving act of nature here:

http://www.ellismania.com/

Proof that God exists and he does answer prayers,

As for the topic of the thread, Bigby and Martin are candidates but there seem to be no clearly better alternatives behind either one. - Smith at safety might be a marginal improvement as a starter, but do you then need to find another backup or is Charlie Bush or Jarret Peprah your man?

And is Swain or Allen marekedly better than Ruvell "I'm tall so I'm on the team" Martin?

I do not know, but as a fan I conjure up dreams of that impossible wild trade where Thompson sends Tony Moll and, oh, Brian Brohm to some team in exchange for a high-level starting safety.

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Meanwhile, he continues to threaten Ty and I who have keep our mouthes shut since coming back. Dude thinks he isn't, but dude is only seeing it from one perspective.

Clearly you are on a shit list. Double secret probation. All I can say is you need to stay out of personal battles completely, even tame remarks will draw a flag.

Administrator
09-01-2009, 07:22 PM

How can you say he doesn't? Mad makes a plea to birng back a permabanned user and it gets done. Meanwhile, he continues to threaten Ty and I who have keep our mouthes shut since coming back. Dude thinks he isn't, but dude is only seeing it from one perspective.

I sincerely hope Bretsky doesn't get banned because I love the Bunit. He's my game. But the admin is a hypocrite if he doesn't (if what you say is true, I don't have any context to this and I'm lazy -- I don't know what he said to tick any body off)

Harlan - I think you got the substance of this; see the smiley face after Bretsky being banned comment, however, do you see what you started?

Partial - You really should educate yourself before you pop off sounding like an idiot. Bretsky posted within a minute after I did, he clearly did not have time to read my post before he responded. You know Bretsky; do you honestly think he'd have made a comment after seeing my post? I've never met the guy, but I know from his posts there is zero possibility of that. You have met the guy, so surely, you should know better than I. Yet, you pop off, uninformed as usual.

Scott Campbell
09-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Anyway.............I wonder if Bigby could really find himself out of a job.

Fritz
09-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Maybe he could get a job patrolling Packerrats. He's supposed to be a big hitter.

But what would Brian bo? Meekly let posters wreak havoc?

And Ruvell Martin? Would he just not do the job - that is, drop the ball, so to speak?

Hmm.

retailguy
09-01-2009, 07:28 PM

Absolutely he could. What I think saves him is that the other safeties are banged up, and Smith isn't consistent, though he's flashed good things.

the biggest knock I've read on smith is that he can't run. Not sure they'll take a chance on him starting unless he changes his consistency.

On that basis, I think Bigby makes it, but I'm not sure he's on the team all year.

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2009, 07:29 PM
I'd pay big money to watch Atari Bigby take one clean shot at Skinbasket.

retailguy
09-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Now that I've come out in support of Bigby, he's as good as gone.

Vince, I want my brownie point. I said something good about your boy Bigby.

hoosier
09-01-2009, 07:31 PM

Which is it?

You're forgetting the cheesehead, what's his name, Hole Keckendorf. Besides, Keckendorf has a cool uni number: 19. That was Rich Campbell's number. You would figure the stink has worn off by now.

Scott Campbell
09-01-2009, 07:33 PM

Absolutely he could. What I think saves him is that the other safeties are banged up, and Smith isn't consistent, though he's flashed good things.

the biggest knock I've read on smith is that he can't run. Not sure they'll take a chance on him starting unless he changes his consistency.

On that basis, I think Bigby makes it, but I'm not sure he's on the team all year.

Ted should have drafted Reggie Nelson instead of Harrell. Though Packnut probably doesn't agree with me.

retailguy
09-01-2009, 07:35 PM

Ted should have drafted Reggie Nelson instead of Harrell. Though Packnut probably doesn't agree with me.

Well, I've never been a fan of the harrell pick. Ted should have drafted any of a number of people over harrell. It was a shermanesque pick. Ted fell in love, and it didn't work out.

I feel for the guy tho. Harrell could have probably played if it weren't for the back, but there was a clear history of multiple injury issues that Ted chose to ignore.

falco
09-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Well, I've never been a fan of the harrell pick. Ted should have drafted any of a number of people over harrell. It was a shermanesque pick. Ted fell in love, and it didn't work out.

I don't know how you can say that. It may be the case, or it may be that Ted was willing to take a risk on a player with a lot of upside.

The risk didn't pan out.

Is it Shermanesque because he is a bust? Or are you implying that Ted's judgment was clouded?

Scott Campbell
09-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Did anyone really do enough this summer to beat out Martin. I wanted him to get beat out by somebody with a lot more upside, but I just haven't seen much.

Fritz
09-01-2009, 08:54 PM
That's kinda where I'm at. I thought maybe Swain would show some mad skills, but his play seems to be tailing off, by the JSO reports.

If the last three are equally not-that-great, why make the switch when Ruvell Martin can at least do a good Brett Favre imitation and is buds with Aaron Rodgers?

retailguy
09-01-2009, 09:01 PM

I don't know how you can say that. It may be the case, or it may be that Ted was willing to take a risk on a player with a lot of upside.

The risk didn't pan out.

Is it Shermanesque because he is a bust? Or are you implying that Ted's judgment was clouded?

Well, for me it's kind of simple. Ted is always portrayed as this methodical, deep thinking, unemotional talent evaluator who sets his price, and that's it. Not a penny more.

Then, you look at this draft. We drafted 16th. Damn good talent on the board. Harrell was good talent, I agree with that, but he was "damaged goods" too. The injury history was glaring. For someone who approaches things the way Ted does, Harrell complete with his injury history should have been less than the value of the 16th pick.

There were other players who should have had as good of a grade as Harrell did, but they had less risk associated with them. Reggie Nelson was one, there were others, including Bretsky's love child Meachem. That was the draft, right?

I think Thompson minimized Harrell's warts and got burned. It happens, and we move on. Off BPA for a second, our DL was a heck of a lot more solid than other parts of the team at that point. It made the Harrell pick even more risky in my opinion.

Scott Campbell
09-01-2009, 09:09 PM

The risk didn't pan out.

Well, for me it's kind of simple. Ted is always portrayed as this methodical, deep thinking, unemotional talent evaluator who sets his price, and that's it. Not a penny more.

Then, you look at this draft. We drafted 16th. Damn good talent on the board. Harrell was good talent, I agree with that, but he was "damaged goods" too. The injury history was glaring. For someone who approaches things the way Ted does, Harrell complete with his injury history should have been less than the value of the 16th pick.

There were other players who should have had as good of a grade as Harrell did, but they had less risk associated with them. Reggie Nelson was one, there were others, including Bretsky's love child Meachem. That was the draft, right?

I think Thompson minimized Harrell's warts and got burned. It happens, and we move on. Off BPA for a second, our DL was a heck of a lot more solid than other parts of the team at that point. It made the Harrell pick even more risky in my opinion.

It was, and is, the biggest head scratcher of his tenure.

Bretsky
09-01-2009, 09:22 PM

P, I made that post as an immediate response and if I'd have read the warning I would not have done so. If you look at the times there are 8:04 and 8:05 so we were typing about the same time

Bretsky
09-01-2009, 09:24 PM

Leaper called that before draft day

I ask the Rats one last time

Justin Harrell or Robert Meachem ? Meachem is putting up numbers this year :!: :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2009, 10:08 PM
I was listening to ESPN radio and they had a Jacksonville beat writer on. He commented that Reggie Nelson had a terrible year last year. I immediately thought of Bretsky.
:D

pbmax
09-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Just a note to KYPack on the Darren Perry comments about Bigby. When I saw them, I thought that was coachspeak for "you mouth-breathing reporters and fans might think he is playing bad because there have been no big plays or highlight reel material but those will come as he is doing what he is asked".

I think Bigby is safe, unless something strange happens Thursday.

I think after Montgomery, my next choice would be Tony Moll.

Bretsky
09-01-2009, 10:46 PM
I was listening to ESPN radio and they had a Jacksonville beat writer on. He commented that Reggie Nelson had a terrible year last year. I immediately thought of Bretsky.

Robert Meachem: More Work With First Team
RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Aug 23, 1:52 pm EDT

Meachem played more with the first team offense than last week, catching two passes for 27 yards in Saturday night’s preseason game in Houston, reports the Times-Picayune.

Recommendation: For the second week in a row
Meachem outperformed incumbent starter Devery Henderson(notes). Slowly, he might be making a push to start alongside Marques Colston(notes) in the Saints’ high-powered offense. He still remains an intriguing sleeper option in most leagues and, if he were to start, would see an even greater increase in value.

Scott Campbell
09-01-2009, 10:51 PM

Meachem played more with the first team offense than last week, catching two passes for 27 yards in Saturday night’s preseason game in Houston, reports the Times-Picayune.

Meachem outperformed incumbent starter Devery Henderson(notes). Slowly, he might be making a push to start alongside Marques Colston(notes) in the Saints’ high-powered offense. He still remains an intriguing sleeper option in most leagues and, if he were to start, would see an even greater increase in value.

The courteous thing to do would be to let Sean Peyton know that you're high on this guy.

pbmax
09-01-2009, 10:53 PM

The courteous thing to do would be to let Sean Peyton know that you're high on this guy.
The courteous thing to do is to let Robert know so he can secure an insurance policy before the season begins. :lol:

Tarlam!
09-02-2009, 04:32 AM
I ask the Rats one last time
Justin Harrell or Robert Meachem ?:lol:

Hmmmm. If I believe you on this, will you then show me some bridge for sale or similar?? 8-)

KYPack
09-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Just a note to KYPack on the Darren Perry comments about Bigby. When I saw them, I thought that was coachspeak for "you mouth-breathing reporters and fans might think he is playing bad because there have been no big plays or highlight reel material but those will come as he is doing what he is asked".

I think Bigby is safe, unless something strange happens Thursday.

I think after Montgomery, my next choice would be Tony Moll.

That is another aspect of it.

Also, with Perry here, all the safeties have stopped peeking in the backfield. I pretty much get he won't allow it. Collins, Rouse, and Bigby were 3 of the biggest peekers I've ever seen. Now they have proper technique.

Perry could be saying to all of 'em to do right and you will be all right.

Fritz
09-02-2009, 06:50 AM
What are the chances that it's Rouse who gets cut?

They love Chucky Peprah, it seems. And if you're a coach, having a guy know what to do, even if he isn't terribly talented, would be a comfort.

SkinBasket
09-02-2009, 09:17 AM

Your money would be wasted. Even in my advanced age, I'm fast enough to jog away from Bigby. If he gets within a couple footsteps, a 30 degree change of direction would buy me another 8-10 steps.

Fuck it. Put me in pads and let him hit me. He's had 5 big hits in his career. On the other hand he's had several dozen flailing arm attacks that look like he's playing slap and tickle in the closet. I like my chances. Harlan has to buy me the replica "SkinBasket" jersey though.

KYPack
09-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Ask for #4, Skin.

Than give your nasty Skinbasket roll block when Bigby comes up on the rifle force, skin.

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2009, 11:49 AM
What are the chances that it's Rouse who gets cut?

17%

Look for Peprah to be cut first.

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2009, 11:50 AM
We'll show Bigby Skinbasket's posts about him, then Skinbasket can wear a "He Hate Me" jersey for the smackdown.

Pugger
09-02-2009, 12:28 PM

To get this thread back on track...

Later in his solo career, yes. But for "Taking It To The Streets" he was recording with the Doobie Brothers, whose name should tell you all you need to know about their sound.

I have M. McDonald's Motown CD and it is pretty good. 8-)

Fritz
09-02-2009, 12:30 PM

Your money would be wasted. Even in my advanced age, I'm fast enough to jog away from Bigby. If he gets within a couple footsteps, a 30 degree change of direction would buy me another 8-10 steps.

Fuck it. Put me in pads and let him hit me. He's had 5 big hits in his career. On the other hand he's had several dozen flailing arm attacks that look like he's playing slap and tickle in the closet. I like my chances. Harlan has to buy me the replica "SkinBasket" jersey though.

This part reminds me of some of the gargage can posts...

Pugger
09-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Do you gents think Harrell will stay? Will they put him on IR yet again? :?

retailguy
09-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Do you gents think Harrell will stay? Will they put him on IR yet again? :?

Yes & Yes.

Scott Campbell
09-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Harlan has to buy me the replica "SkinBasket" jersey though.

I've heard rumors of Harlan's wallet, but no confirmed sightings.

Fritz
09-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Harrell's future depends in part upon Mike Montgomery. It looks like Jarius Wynn is in - he seems to have attracted too much positive attention to be able to sign to a practice squad - so Montgomery's performance level is what the coaches must be studying closely.

Do they want to keep him because he's reliable and stays on the field, and just stash Harrell to give him a full season/offseason to heal?

Or is Harrell feeling better - enough so that the coaches think he can play this year? If they cut Montgomery, do they think he might still be around to be signed if Harrell's back goes south again? Montgomery did not get any offers this past season, I don't think; however, he seems to have bulked up and is playing okay, as far as what I've read - and DE's are always in demand.

And if they choose to put Harrell on IR, what are the chances that he'll eat his way into a weight that could hurt him and his back?

Harrell's future may depend in part upon Montgomery.

Scott Campbell
09-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Harrell's future depends in part upon Mike Montgomery. It looks like Jarius Wynn is in - he seems to have attracted too much positive attention to be able to sign to a practice squad - so Montgomery's performance level is what the coaches must be studying closely.

Do they want to keep him because he's reliable and stays on the field, and just stash Harrell to give him a full season/offseason to heal?

Or is Harrell feeling better - enough so that the coaches think he can play this year? If they cut Montgomery, do they think he might still be around to be signed if Harrell's back goes south again? Montgomery did not get any offers this past season, I don't think; however, he seems to have bulked up and is playing okay, as far as what I've read - and DE's are always in demand.

And if they choose to put Harrell on IR, what are the chances that he'll eat his way into a weight that could hurt him and his back?

Harrell's future may depend in part upon Montgomery.

Backs take a ton of rest. And even that may not work. Putting him back in there this year will likely lead to more of the same problems.

vince
09-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Now that I've come out in support of Bigby, he's as good as gone.

Vince, I want my brownie point. I said something good about your boy Bigby.
Here's your brownie point RG, even though it's charity. You can't wait for Bigby to suck. I can't find the good you said in that last post anyway.

No chance Bigby is cut. Yes he's been quiet thus far, but he's mostly been asked to sit back in deep zone as far as I've seen. His game is in the 70% of the defense that hasn't been unveiled yet! :wink:
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/11/2008/07/340x_WinnieCooperMultipliesYourBoner.jpg

Fritz
09-02-2009, 02:04 PM
I would like math a whole lot more if she were my teacher.

Zool
09-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Thats Winnie from The Wonder Years!

Merlin
09-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Biggest Name: Mason Crosby

We haven't replaced our kicker in two years now, it's time for a change.

KYPack
09-02-2009, 03:57 PM

NFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFW

SkinBasket
09-02-2009, 04:06 PM

NFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFW

You have a stroke you old bastard?

retailguy
09-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Nah, I don't want Bigby to suck. I want him to do well. He's kinda like a poor man's Chuck Cecil. Man he can hit, but that's about it.

I was hoping he'd come around, and I guess that is still possible, but it is looking less likely.

But, when he gets a good hit, it is very fun to watch!

BallHawk
09-02-2009, 06:58 PM

Fantastic rookie season, down year last season. By no means a reason to cut him. There's nobody on the market with the leg he has.

Fritz
09-03-2009, 06:06 AM
Nah, I don't want Bigby to suck. I want him to do well. He's kinda like a poor man's Chuck Cecil. Man he can hit, but that's about it.

I was hoping he'd come around, and I guess that is still possible, but it is looking less likely.

I always thought Chuck Cecil was kinda a poor man's Chuck Cecil. He could hit, and that really was about it.

As for this thread, one name that I don't remember being mentioned (though maybe it has been) is Pat Lee. That guy could play the lead role in the next remake of The Invisible Man.

After my comment that Underwood has been flying under the radar, naturally there's a big ol' article today in the JSO about the guy...an odd article, by the way. The first part is about how great he's been coming on, but the last part talks about how clueless he was when he first showed up and how crappy he played against Arizona. Weird.

Anyway, how many corners/safeties does a team generally keep? Eight or nine? I'm wondering if maybe Thompson cuts Lee and hopes no one notices, or if he tries to IR him to stash him for a year.

hoosier
09-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Chuck Cecil = good hit no field. :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Chuck Cecil was a dirty player like Rodney Harrison.

gex
09-03-2009, 09:09 AM

I always thought Chuck Cecil was kinda a poor man's Chuck Cecil. He could hit, and that really was about it.

As for this thread, one name that I don't remember being mentioned (though maybe it has been) is Pat Lee. That guy could play the lead role in the next remake of The Invisible Man.

After my comment that Underwood has been flying under the radar, naturally there's a big ol' article today in the JSO about the guy...an odd article, by the way. The first part is about how great he's been coming on, but the last part talks about how clueless he was when he first showed up and how crappy he played against Arizona. Weird.

Anyway, how many corners/safeties does a team generally keep? Eight or nine? I'm wondering if maybe Thompson cuts Lee and hopes no one notices, or if he tries to IR him to stash him for a year.

Wasn't Lee a 2nd round pick.
That could possibly mean Lee 2nd, Brohm 2nd, Harrel? 1st getting the axe.
I think we should give em all 1 more year.

KYPack
09-03-2009, 09:30 AM

Wasn't Lee a 2nd round pick.
That could possibly mean Lee 2nd, Brohm 2nd, Harrel? 1st getting the axe.
I think we should give em all 1 more year.

Lee was a 2nd round pick.
But you say he was in the second line of your post.

I'm a bit confused.

Skin, the extra "F's" were to emphasize my belief that there is no "F'in" way we cut a talented guy like Crosby.

Fritz
09-03-2009, 10:03 AM

Chcuk Cecil was only a dirty player when he wasn't playing for Green Bay.

SkinBasket
09-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Skin, the extra "F's" were to emphasize my belief that there is no "F'in" way we cut a talented guy like Crosby.

Just looking out for you. Of course you'd probably be dead by now, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Merlin
09-03-2009, 01:32 PM
In case you didn't catch it, it was called "sarcasm." I don't think Mason Crosby should be cut, HOWEVER Thompson does seem to have a weird pattern with kickers. When it comes to a few positions on this team (Kicker, Punter, Guard), I wouldn't put anything past old Ted.

Fritz
09-03-2009, 01:36 PM
In case you didn't catch it, it was called "sarcasm." I don't think Mason Crosby should be cut, HOWEVER Thompson does seem to have a weird pattern with kickers. When it comes to a few positions on this team (Kicker, Punter, Guard), I wouldn't put anything past old Ted.

I kinda thought it was another poke at Thompson.

merlin, what happened to the excitement of draft day? You were so geeked!

sheepshead
09-03-2009, 01:37 PM

Careful, there are those on here that will not tolerate sarcasm or any attempt at humor of any kind. Just a heads up.

vince
09-03-2009, 02:00 PM
straw man fallacy noun - 'straw 'man 'fal u see: a commonly used strategy used against the Green Bay Packer management that occurs when one misrepresents or invents the opponent's view in an attempt to discredit them and/or their actual position. The straw man fallacy does not consist of stating the opponent's actual position, but only in stating it inaccurately and/or exaggerating it to the point of ridiculousness. The straw man argument is created expressly for the purpose of knocking it down, and is intended to give the appearance of successfully refuting the original argument, thus creating the impression that it has refuted a position that someone actually holds. However, the straw man argument is typically counterproductive, as it is an extremely weak, ineffective, unfunny and unpersuasive strategy. Others who read straw man arguments typically see those using them as weak, dishonest, and easy to debunk - similar to an actual straw man.
http://www.dedroidify.com/blogimages/oz_scarecrow_1.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
09-03-2009, 04:09 PM

Careful, there are those on here that will not tolerate sarcasm or any attempt at humor of any kind. Just a heads up.

strawman

Fritz
09-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Sigh.

If I only had a brain.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2009, 05:16 PM

Chcuk Cecil was only a dirty player when he wasn't playing for Green Bay.

good point. he went from "old school" to cheap shot artist.

sheepshead
09-03-2009, 05:26 PM

strawman

don't you have anything else to do...bathhouses, hitting on widows on craigslist, sell your parents books on e-bay?? something besides follow me around this forum all day?

Tarlam!
09-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Told you so.

MadtownPacker
09-04-2009, 02:33 PM
don't you have anything else to do...bathhouses, hitting on widows on craigslist, sell your parents books on e-bay?? something besides follow me around this forum all day?OK no BS, that was some funny sheeze that I can picture happening.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-04-2009, 02:37 PM

strawman

don't you have anything else to do...bathhouses, hitting on widows on craigslist, sell your parents books on e-bay?? something besides follow me around this forum all day?

strawman

pbmax
09-04-2009, 02:39 PM
don't you have anything else to do...bathhouses, hitting on widows on craigslist, sell your parents books on e-bay?? something besides follow me around this forum all day?OK no BS, that was some funny sheeze that I can picture happening.
Please try to stay on topic Madtown. We wouldn't want the admin to have to reprimand you. Maybe we can move these messages to the "Ty's Free Time Activities" forum.

Michael Montgomery is a goner.

MadtownPacker
09-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Please try to stay on topic Madtown. We wouldn't want the admin to have to reprimand you. Maybe we can move these messages to the "Ty's Free Time Activities" forum.

Michael Montgomery is a goner.If you go back a few pages you will see I mentioned Ruvell as the big axe job. Of course no one said nothing until some whitey mentions him then talk began.

In other words, STFU.

Fritz
09-04-2009, 03:41 PM

Michael Montgomery is a goner.If you go back a few pages you will see I mentioned Ruvell as the big axe job. Of course no one said nothing until some whitey mentions him then talk began.

In other words, STFU.

You rang?

pbmax
09-04-2009, 04:07 PM

In other words, STFU.
I am sorry, but one on topic post does not qualify anyone for future off topic posts. If you can glance at the rulebook compiled by Harlan, page 89, and check the Scott Campbell Exception subparagraph C, on being funny enough that no one realizes you are off topic. Perhaps this can help.

Favre just got fined $10,000 and with Kevin Jones out for the Bears' season, I predict Thompson keeps 5 running backs unless he can swing a trade.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-04-2009, 04:19 PM

Michael Montgomery is a goner.

Ty wishes he had free time. But i'm consumed with stalking sheep, 24/7/365.

what is sheep thinking, where is he, what forum is he in, what is he doing, how does he find those banal youtube videos....lather, repreat, rinse.

Tarlam!
09-05-2009, 06:24 AM
:D Ah, I can't say it often enough: I TOLD YA SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!