PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Hit?

CaptainKickass
08-31-2009, 11:22 PM
Anyone else see that new/old QB for the Vikes throw what appears to be a very dirty block?

Shouldered the guy sideways into his knee.

Dude even got flagged for it.

What's Chilly'd coaching staff doing up there? Teaching players how to play dirty?

If he had a goatee - I'd be certain he was an "evil twin"

?

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Double standard? Sounds like the guys that used to run this forum.

Rastak
08-31-2009, 11:25 PM
Anyone else see that new/old QB for the Vikes throw what appears to be a very dirty block?

Shouldered the guy sideways into his knee.

Dude even got flagged for it.

What's Chilly'd coaching staff doing up there? Teaching players how to play dirty?

If he had a goatee - I'd be certain he was an "evil twin"

?

I think he fell back on all his previous teachings.....under pressure a guy falls back on his many years of coaching.....

:wink: j/k

GrnBay007
08-31-2009, 11:35 PM
Putting your starting QB out there in a pre-season game....who just had bicep surgery, has a torn rotator cuff, and possibly a cracked rib out there to block seemed pretty silly to start with.

But yeah, ESPN saying he might be fined.

Deputy Nutz
08-31-2009, 11:36 PM
He always did that in Green Bay when leading out on a reverse. this time it was a sad looking roll into the defender. It has always been a bit cheap, but it is a QB doing it, something you just shake your head at because a qb simply can't throw a block, much less a dirty block

Waldo
08-31-2009, 11:40 PM
They indoctrinate them early. Take out their knees is how the Vikes roll.

Good lord, last time they played Jared was blatant about wanting to put their QB on IR. Helmet to the side of the knee twice.

That bunch in Mn is schwag.

Did you catch Edwards kick their RB in the head when he was on the ground well after the play.

Dirty Thugs...

gbgary
08-31-2009, 11:52 PM
Dirty Hit?

yup! no better than sapp. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/wink5.gif

Bretsky
08-31-2009, 11:54 PM

pathetic

Tarlam!
09-01-2009, 01:18 AM

pathetic

I told you so.

Kiwon
09-01-2009, 03:25 AM
Putting your starting QB out there in a pre-season game....who just had bicep surgery, has a torn rotator cuff, and possibly a cracked rib out there to block seemed pretty silly to start with.

But yeah, ESPN saying he might be fined.

Yeah, what was he doing out there in the 3rd quarter?

More than dirty, it was poorly executed. I was surprised that Farve didn't even stop at all when the guy he just blocked was rolling around and holding his knee.

Good for the ESPN guys to rag on Farve for it.

Partial
09-01-2009, 07:08 AM
Yeah it was quite dirty. The guys knee bended all nasty in instant replay. Bush league.

sheepshead
09-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Yeah it was quite dirty. The guys knee bended all nasty in instant replay. Bush league.

I dont think Brett thought about it. When was the last time we saw him throw a block? I think he reverts back to junior high football in his head and gets his body out there...

Administrator
09-01-2009, 08:06 AM

Keep your preconcieved notions to yourself. I mean that.

SMACKTALKIE
09-01-2009, 08:36 AM
http://www.everyjoe.com/squibkick/files/2007/11/adrian-peterson-injured.jpg

Here is a thug for ya Waldo. 31.

You sound like a pot calling a kettle black.

Scott Campbell
09-01-2009, 08:39 AM
It looks like the filthy cheat Adrian Peterson is kneeing Al in the back.

SMACKTALKIE
09-01-2009, 08:41 AM
It looks like the filthy cheat Adrian Peterson is kneeing Al in the back.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice Scott. That's his punishing running style.

KYPack
09-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Favre ran that same play with the Jets. I've never seen Minny with that play. I wonder if chilly's crack staff lifted it from Jet tape or BF had 'em put it in?

I suspect the former. When NY ran it last year, the second time they went with it, the CB cracked Favre right in the chops. Never saw that play again.

if they run it in our game, Wood or Harris just need bring it big time on the QB, whoever it is.

sharpe1027
09-01-2009, 09:15 AM
[img]

I hope that was a joke. The two situations aren't close.

Scott Campbell
09-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Favre ran that same play with the Jets. I've never seen Minny with that play. I wonder if chilly's crack staff lifted it from Jet tape or BF had 'em put it in?

I suspect the former. When NY ran it last year, the second time they went with it, the CB cracked Favre right in the chops. Never saw that play again.

if they run it in our game, Wood or Harris just need bring it big time on the QB, whoever it is.

If anyone is looking for a smoking gun with regards to Chilly being an idiot, that play should do the trick.

SMACKTALKIE
09-01-2009, 09:23 AM
[img]

You're right. Favre hit Wilson in the thigh as a block. Harris hit Peterson in the knee as a tackle. However, both dirty and intentional.

sharpe1027
09-01-2009, 09:35 AM
[img]

You're right. Favre hit Wilson in the thigh as a block. Harris hit Peterson in the knee as a tackle. However, both dirty and intentional.

Tackling someone headon and by the legs dirty?

Seriously, the only reason anyone ever said anything about that tackle was because he got hurt. Otherwise it was just another tackle and nobody even notices it.

ThunderDan
09-01-2009, 09:44 AM
[img]

Tackling someone headon and by the legs dirty?

Seriously, the only reason anyone ever said anything about that tackle was because he got hurt. Otherwise it was just another tackle and nobody even notices it.

No 15 yard penalty on Harris; no potential fine from the league office.

Patler
09-01-2009, 09:46 AM
[img]

The league doesn't look at the two situations the same, one being the tackle of a ball carrier, executed from the front; the other being a blind side block of an unsuspecting player. There are reasons Favre's block was illegal and Harris' tackle was not, just like there are reasons you can tackle a ball carrier from behind but you can't block from behind.

There is a reason that Favre was assessed a penalty and should be hearing from the league office about the play. However, because he is who he is, I will not be surprised if he hears nothing, or if there is no public mention of it. That being said, I do not think there was anything malicious or intentional by Favre. He doesn't envision himself in an illegal blocking situation like a receiver should who is in that situation routinely, and Favre did not recognize it as it occurred.

MadScientist
09-01-2009, 10:40 AM

Al hit AP's front thigh with his shoulder but the back knee came up and hit Al, causing the injury. It's Peterson's own fault for being so damn fast.

CaptainKickass
09-01-2009, 10:50 AM
He doesn't envision himself in an illegal blocking situation like a receiver should who is in that situation routinely, and Favre did not recognize it as it occurred.

If Favre has like 300 years of football experience, and the coaching staff decides to run a play where they split him out wide, the dude better know how to properly execute a block.

I don't believe it was intentional, that's hard to prove in any case, but still - here's an NFL 3x MVP nearly destroying an opponents knee with an illegal block.

I don't care if he "regularly" is in that situation or not - the dude should damn well know the play, the situation, and what to do.

The dude loves the spotlight so damn much, I think he should issue a public apology.

That hit is totally classless and as was mentioned earlier..."Bush League"

Boooooo!!

sharpe1027
09-01-2009, 10:56 AM
The league doesn't look at the two situations the same, one being the tackle of a ball carrier, executed from the front; the other being a blind side block of an unsuspecting player. There are reasons Favre's block was illegal and Harris' tackle was not, just like there are reasons you can tackle a ball carrier from behind but you can't block from behind.

There is a reason that Favre was assessed a penalty and should be hearing from the league office about the play. However, because he is who he is, I will not be surprised if he hears nothing, or if there is no public mention of it. That being said, I do not think there was anything malicious or intentional by Favre. He doesn't envision himself in an illegal blocking situation like a receiver should who is in that situation routinely, and Favre did not recognize it as it occurred.

If true, Favre is at least guilty of being recklessly unprepared for his duties on the play. Other teams run similiar plays and their QBs don't crack-back player's knees in the open field.

Favre should apologize, be fined and then move on. If not, he is as bad as Sapp. While Sapp's block ended upon in a bad injury, it was techinically a legal block.

FritzDontBlitz
09-01-2009, 11:06 AM
He always did that in Green Bay when leading out on a reverse. this time it was a sad looking roll into the defender. It has always been a bit cheap, but it is a QB doing it, something you just shake your head at because a qb simply can't throw a block, much less a dirty block

You are partly right. Favre has thrown the same block numerous times when the Packers ran WR reverses in the past. The difference is the position he lined up in at the snap. Its not illegal to block someone low if you're lined up in the backfield at the snap, but once Favre splits out to Wide Receiver in the Wildcat formation its considered an illegal crackback block if the block is thrown below the waist. I see it as more an unfamiliarity with the rules than the malicious act others are trying to claim it is. Ironically, had he thrown the block above the waist he could have probably taken two defenders out of the play - legally and without injury to either - allowing Harvin to turn the corner and gain much more yardage.

CaptainKickass
09-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Here's the Vid of the block: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQCSYvHuoRE

Oh, and this is real nice, classy too. A viking player commenting on the block:
From here: http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/56440327.html?elr=KArks7PYDiaK7DU2EkP7K_V_GD7EaPc: iLP8iUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

"I liked it," Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe said. "Hey, it's man eat man out here. You better keep your eyes on a swivel. He saw Brett out there and said, 'Ah, Brett ain't going to do anything.'"

Reaction from the Texans:

From here:
http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/105705-texans-call-brett-favres-illegal-block-bush.html

Texans Call Brett Favre's Illegal Block 'Bush League'

Texans safety Eugene Wilson left the game after he was drilled on an illegal crack-back block by quarterback Brett Favre, who was called for a personal foul. Wilson suffered a knee injury but was OK after the game. Several Texans players spoke out against Favre. Texans tackle Eric Winston saw the play from the sideline and called it "bush league" after the game.

"I didn't see it coming," Wilson said. "He hit me low, and that was it for me for the night. Of course it makes you mad. It was a tough blow. I'm happy to be walking. I was hurt."

Here's the MNF crew reactions:

From Here:
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/08/mnf-crew-criticizes-brett-favre-after-controversial-block/1

Tirico, the play-by-play announcer, added to the criticism.

"I don't care, Brett Favre or not, that's not cool. You're messing with a guy's career when you do that. That's not right."

Even Gruden piped in:

"It's an illegal block. And to throw a block with your passing shoulder, that's not logical."

BF = First ballot hall of shamer.

Freak Out
09-01-2009, 11:35 AM
:cry:

SkinBasket
09-01-2009, 11:39 AM
"I liked it," Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe said. "Hey, it's man eat man out here. You better keep your eyes on a swivel. He saw Brett out there and said, 'Ah, Brett ain't going to do anything.'"

Fucking idiot. Someone needs to repeatedly kick this pissface in the knees until they bend backward and snap then tell him, "Hey, it's man eat man dood. Keep your head on a swivel."

The sad thing is, if Favre still wants to be the tough guy out there throwing blocks in the preseason, why not just knock him over? His victim wasn't looking, so he could have Sapped him high instead of low and everyone would be talking about how he still has that fire in him. Instead he just looks like an asshat. Maybe he's trying to be the anti-hero now. Goin' all Hollywood Hogan or Chris Gaines on everyone. This week it's an illegal and cheap block. Next week it's shootin' roids and fucking prostitutes.

Zool
09-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Or fucking roids and shootin' prostitutes?

Patler
09-01-2009, 12:00 PM
He doesn't envision himself in an illegal blocking situation like a receiver should who is in that situation routinely, and Favre did not recognize it as it occurred.

If Favre has like 300 years of football experience, and the coaching staff decides to run a play where they split him out wide, the dude better know how to properly execute a block.

I don't believe it was intentional, that's hard to prove in any case, but still - here's an NFL 3x MVP nearly destroying an opponents knee with an illegal block.

I don't care if he "regularly" is in that situation or not - the dude should damn well know the play, the situation, and what to do.

The dude loves the spotlight so damn much, I think he should issue a public apology.

That hit is totally classless and as was mentioned earlier..."Bush League"

Boooooo!!

I wasn't excusing the play, just explaining why he probably did it. As I wrote, he should hear from the league about it.

When you coach athletes, even at high levels, its one thing to make them know the rules, procedures and techniques and a totally different thing to get them to execute them at game speed without thinking. While they can execute properly in walk throughs and even in practice, reacting properly at game speed and game intensity is another matter. That's why visualization works well for many, in addition to practice, practice, practice. If you practice and/or visualize the situation enough, you will react the same way instinctively when it actually occurs. Favre has likely done neither. Instead, he instinctively threw the same block he always has, and has been praised for, on reverses. In this situation, it is illegal.

Fritz
09-01-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm with Nutz and Patler. When I saw that, I thought "that's how Favre has always blocked." He throws himself at the opponent's knees. It's just how he blocks. Probably because quarterbacks don't get taught much how to block.

In this instance, or course, it's illegal. But it's how he's always done it. We've seen Favre do that many times, and often we loved him for being so willing to throw a block.

swede
09-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Favre should apologize, be fined and then move on. .

...as in a patented Favrian "self-interview"

"Was I trying to throw a dirty block? No."

"Was I just trying to make a play? Yeah."

"Am I sorry he got hurt? Of course, but again--like I was telling my daughter--Daddy isn't a bad guy--he just plays the game hard and people get hurt. I get hurt. This time Wilson got hurt, so I'm sorry he got hurt and I apologize for that but not for the way I play this game."

Fritz
09-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Swede knows Favre.

CaptainKickass
09-01-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm with Nutz and Patler. When I saw that, I thought "that's how Favre has always blocked." He throws himself at the opponent's knees. It's just how he blocks. Probably because quarterbacks don't get taught much how to block.

In this instance, or course, it's illegal. But it's how he's always done it. We've seen Favre do that many times, and often we loved him for being so willing to throw a block.

I can agree that "thats how Favre always blocked". But that doesn't excuse it. He should still know the situation and be able to throw an equally lame block that happens to be legal in that situation. He is a professionsl football player after all.

Just to illustrate the ridiculousness even further:

What would you say regarding Sapp's hit on Cliffy if someone said "Thats how Sapp always blocked"??

Scott Campbell
09-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Favre should apologize, be fined and then move on. .

...as in a patented Favrian "self-interview"

"Was I trying to throw a dirty block? No."

"Was I just trying to make a play? Yeah."

"Am I sorry he got hurt? Of course, but again--like I was telling my daughter--Daddy isn't a bad guy--he just plays the game hard and people get hurt. I get hurt. This time Wilson got hurt, so I'm sorry he got hurt and I apologize for that but not for the way I play this game."

:lol: Spooky.

Fritz
09-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Cap'n, I'm not saying I'm good with how Favre blocks. In fact, I was always uncomfortable with how much gushing went on because Favre threw himself at an opponent's knees.

I'm just saying that for those who might think this is part of the Vikings' tradition and that's where it comes from with Favre, well, no. That's just how Favre does it.

Tony Oday
09-01-2009, 12:32 PM
He should have hit him high with his non-throwing shoulder. He would have blown him up. He tucked and hit a knee. Dont think it was intended to injure just happened that way. I am in no way a Favre apologist but c'mon it was a bad play and he will pay for it.

Harris's hit was on a ballcarrier get over it AP got hurt on it, that happens from time to time in football when you get the rock that much.

CaptainKickass
09-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm just saying that for those who might think this is part of the Vikings' tradition and that's where it comes from with Favre, well, no. That's just how Favre does it.

I get your point, but it is ironically amazing how once he joins the dark side, he immediately fits right in with that Queens "tradition" of "dirty play" while using a style of blocking he was previously praised for when he was on the side of the rebel alliance.

It's cool Fritz. I ain't here to sling shit - just to point shit out.

Pugger
09-01-2009, 01:14 PM
I truly hope the league fines him for this no matter if it was intentional or not. Players have to know that this type of block in this wild cat stuff isn't tolerated. If a fat cat star like BF gets fined that'll get the attention of the rest of the players in this league.

MadtownPacker
09-01-2009, 02:13 PM

What would you say regarding Sapp's hit on Cliffy if someone said "Thats how Sapp always blocked"??

.That is a totally ridiculous comparison. Favre had a messy block in the middle of the action. sapp just layed Clifton out while everyone was running down field already.

I think Favre's face after the collision says he wasn't trying to take the guy out. He also hurt himself.

MadtownPacker
09-01-2009, 02:16 PM
I truly hope the league fines him for this no matter if it was intentional or not. Players have to know that this type of block in this wild cat stuff isn't tolerated. If a fat cat star like BF gets fined that'll get the attention of the rest of the players in this league.I dont think we will see too many QBs doing the same. But your and so many others outrage is really overblown considering we use to cheer those same blocks once upon a time.

sharpe1027
09-01-2009, 02:28 PM

.That is a totally ridiculous comparison. Favre had a messy block in the middle of the action. sapp just layed Clifton out while everyone was running down field already.

I think Favre's face after the collision says he wasn't trying to take the guy out. He also hurt himself.

I am pretty sure that the point was that having blocked that way in the past is not an excuse, not whether Favre's block was better or worse than Sapp.

Favre getting hurt doesn't excuse him or have anything to do with his intent.

It is not the end of the world, but he screwed up and should be fined. IMO, he should be man enough to admit his mistake without some half-ass excuse, but that's just my personal preference.

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Who cares really--although I don't remember too many crackback blocks to the back of the knees when he was with the Packers. Was he ever fined or penalized for a block while with the Packers? I vaguely remember one, but it wasn't as egregious as this one. His blocks usually consisted of him getting out in front of a reverse. Sometimes he'd go to the guys knees, but the defender was always heads up with him. To say people wouldn't have condemned the block if he was still with the Packers is a bit of a reach. He should get fined, and that's the end of the story.

CaptainKickass
09-01-2009, 03:37 PM

I am pretty sure that the point was that having blocked that way in the past is not an excuse, not whether Favre's block was better or worse than Sapp.

Favre getting hurt doesn't excuse him or have anything to do with his intent.

It is not the end of the world, but he screwed up and should be fined. IMO, he should be man enough to admit his mistake without some half-ass excuse, but that's just my personal preference.

Hey Mad - Maybe you missed it as a result of chugging tequila and watching some hottie senioritas - but I did in fact say that it was ridiculous. You even quoted it, and then reiterated that you also believed it to be ridiculous. Hence, we must agree. :lol:

Sharpe1027 is living up to the sound of his handle - "sharp". I sure am glad someone got it.

I hope he gets fined. I hope he issues a personal apology to the guy. I hope it doesn't continue.

swede
09-01-2009, 04:31 PM
I gave thought to a thread such as this last night, and it didn't surprise me at all to see a thread titled, "Dirty Hit?" this morning.

And I would have begun such a thread by making some joking reference to Favre becoming a quick study of the dirty history of Viking football. Am I wrong, or does such a preconception indeed exist about Viking players? The only two things I recall were Robert Ferguson being dumped on his head and one of our players nearly getting his eye gouged out in a disgustingly flagrant and deliberate act by a Viking player. There was John Randle, the otherwise ordinary Viking DT that made the commercial featuring his chasing around a chicken dressed in a #4 jersey, but that stuff was more funny than troubling because he rarely hit Favre with anything but his mouth. Chris Carter made us scream at the refs as he pushed off over and over again and then got the refs to throw flags over cheap retaliatory hand checks, but that was like facing a spitballer in baseball in that it was the kind of cheating you admire. It wasn't dirty.

Are there multiple instances of dirty play by the Vikings? Do some of you carry a list of top ten Viking cheap shots folded in your wallets? I'd like to hear them because the Vikings were my favorite team to boo and hiss even before Brent joined them.

But the most honest take of the "dirty hit" is that it wasn't a hit at all, but it was an enthusiastic yet un-athletic body block of the sort taught to halfbacks in the 40's and 50's which Brent has delivered many times before to the unending and unwarranted delight of color commentators. It was simply the first time he had ever managed to injure someone. It wasn't power or speed that injured the opposing player. It was more like Bobby Knight had thrown a chair across the field and by happenstance caught the DB in such a manner as to cause injury.

It wasn't dirty, but it is fun to pretend so.

Brando19
09-01-2009, 06:06 PM

:roll:

Always the same thing with you. In honor of your lame posts (youtube and actin' like a big baby)...this one's for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXpUzItf7T0&feature=PlayList&p=F38ED70340D5C538&index=0

:cry:

sharpe1027
09-01-2009, 06:39 PM
I gave thought to a thread such as this last night, and it didn't surprise me at all to see a thread titled, "Dirty Hit?" this morning.

And I would have begun such a thread by making some joking reference to Favre becoming a quick study of the dirty history of Viking football. Am I wrong, or does such a preconception indeed exist about Viking players? The only two things I recall were Robert Ferguson being dumped on his head and one of our players nearly getting his eye gouged out in a disgustingly flagrant and deliberate act by a Viking player. There was John Randle, the otherwise ordinary Viking DT that made the commercial featuring his chasing around a chicken dressed in a #4 jersey, but that stuff was more funny than troubling because he rarely hit Favre with anything but his mouth. Chris Carter made us scream at the refs as he pushed off over and over again and then got the refs to throw flags over cheap retaliatory hand checks, but that was like facing a spitballer in baseball in that it was the kind of cheating you admire. It wasn't dirty.

Are there multiple instances of dirty play by the Vikings? Do some of you carry a list of top ten Viking cheap shots folded in your wallets? I'd like to hear them because the Vikings were my favorite team to boo and hiss even before Brent joined them.

But the most honest take of the "dirty hit" is that it wasn't a hit at all, but it was an enthusiastic yet un-athletic body block of the sort taught to halfbacks in the 40's and 50's which Brent has delivered many times before to the unending and unwarranted delight of color commentators. It was simply the first time he had ever managed to injure someone. It wasn't power or speed that injured the opposing player. It was more like Bobby Knight had thrown a chair across the field and by happenstance caught the DB in such a manner as to cause injury.

It wasn't dirty, but it is fun to pretend so.

I remember the eye gouge and that alone is enough for me. Other not-so-nice Viking incidents include (sorry Ras and Smack)

- artificially creating crowd noise using their speaker system
- having astro-turf and a dome
- Randy Million's million push offs
- Randy Million's mooning
- Duante's stupid roll thingie
- being second only to Dallas in the number of head slaps/forearms to the face that were delivered to Reggie White
- speaking with Favre after his retirement and then pretending they never spoke about him becoming a Viking (ya right)
- grown men wearing purple

As for the Favre incident, he's made lay-down blocks before, but I do not recall him making them on a player that had their back turned to him. It was a stupid move and there's no good excuse for it.

MJZiggy
09-01-2009, 06:50 PM
I wonder if this means the Vikes lay off the wildcat for a while. I mean every time Favre lines up wide, they'll be talking about that hit and I'd bet they're more likely to flag him for any questionable hit that comes along in the near future.

Fritz
09-01-2009, 07:12 PM

I get your point, but it is ironically amazing how once he joins the dark side, he immediately fits right in with that Queens "tradition" of "dirty play" while using a style of blocking he was previously praised for when he was on the side of the rebel alliance.

It's cool Fritz. I ain't here to sling shit - just to point shit out.

We agree, then. I'm with ya.

However, I'm always willing to entertain the possibility that the Vikings have worked with Favre on refining his technique - maybe they're teaching him where to hit on a guy's knee to cause the most structural damage. You know how them Vikings are! Dirty pool everywhere!

retailguy
09-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I wonder if this means the Vikes lay off the wildcat for a while. I mean every time Favre lines up wide, they'll be talking about that hit and I'd bet they're more likely to flag him for any questionable hit that comes along in the near future.

That's a good point. But I also think the defense would be keying for him too, especially if he gave another crappy block.

He could leave the game in the preseason, but he can't in the regular season!

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Favre ALWAYS blocks that way, rolls on the ground and hopes to trip somebody. He never has blocked from a wide reciever slot before, I doubt he really thought about the crack-back rule.

Fritz
09-01-2009, 07:34 PM
If Favre lined up at a wide receiver slot, wouldn't cornerbacks playing press be able to get up on him and jam him good?

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2009, 07:35 PM
how's that boner holding up?

Fritz
09-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Good for the next 36 hours...

Scott Campbell
09-01-2009, 08:15 PM
36 hours?????

Well I guess I might be bragging too.

MJZiggy
09-01-2009, 08:16 PM

You're killing me here...

Fritz
09-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm here all week. And don't forget to tip the waitstaff.

Noodle
09-01-2009, 08:28 PM

You're killing me here...

That's what she said . . .

Oh yeah, you are a she.

Nevermind.

MOBB DEEP
09-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah, favre is hitler, pol pot, judas, manson, willie lynch, rodney king's "arresting" officers, and jeff gillooly all rolled into one! :roll:

Haters find something wrong with everything about their target...

Nothing to see here...

swede
09-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeah, favre is hitler, pol pot, judas, manson, willie lynch, rodney king's "arresting" officers, and jeff gillooly all rolled into one!

A tip of the hat to you for that cultural reference. It made me laugh.

And I will grant you that as an aging fascist. communist, betraying, manipulative, Machiavellian, perp-beating, leg-mauler Favre is still a damn good quarterback.

MichiganPackerFan
09-02-2009, 08:15 AM

You've heard the warnings on those pills:
If your erection lasts for more than four hours, take two brunettes and call me in the morning.

Pugger
09-02-2009, 01:03 PM
I truly hope the league fines him for this no matter if it was intentional or not. Players have to know that this type of block in this wild cat stuff isn't tolerated. If a fat cat star like BF gets fined that'll get the attention of the rest of the players in this league.I dont think we will see too many QBs doing the same. But your and so many others outrage is really overblown considering we use to cheer those same blocks once upon a time.

I'm not outraged. Yes, BF had done this type of block before but not from that position on the field. There is a reason why is it illegal. My post was about fining a high profile player in hopes it would make other players pause before doing likewise.

I watched PTI yesterday and they discussed this play. But what they stressed was how inane Chilly and the coaches were to put their $12M guy in such a position in the first place! If Chilly is banking his HC job's surivival on the move to have #4 as his starting QB then he was pretty damn stupid to put BF as a wideout in the wildcat formation in a meaningless football game! I had to laugh when they said this. Gee, ya think? I doubt Chilly will get an invitation to join Mensa anytime soon...

Scott Campbell
09-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah, favre is hitler, pol pot, judas, manson, willie lynch, rodney king's "arresting" officers, and jeff gillooly all rolled into one!

I don't think it's fair to compare him to Pol Pot.

Scott Campbell
09-02-2009, 01:11 PM
.........he was pretty damn stupid to put BF as a wideout in the wildcat formation in a meaningless football game!

This week Brett is returning punts.

mraynrand
09-02-2009, 02:58 PM
http://www.morrisstudios.com/dpics/dsn2-3-6.gif

That's a dirty hit!

CaptainKickass
09-02-2009, 04:07 PM
http://www.morrisstudios.com/dpics/dsn2-3-6.gif

Oh wow...That's a dirty hit...man!

Fixed!

:)

SMACKTALKIE