PDA

View Full Version : Predict the NFC

Brando19
09-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Don't know if there's been a thread for this or not...but oh well. I'm lazy.

Predict the NFC playoffs. List the division winners and the wildcards.

North: Packers
East: Eagles
West: Cardinals
South: Falcons

Wildcards: Panthers, Vikings

Tony Oday
09-01-2009, 07:44 PM
North: Vikings
West: Cardinals
South: Falcons

Wildcards: Saints, Packers

pack4to84
09-01-2009, 07:50 PM
North: Packers
West: Seahawks
South: Saints

Wildcards: Falcons, Giants

Rodgers 39 TD 4200 yards MVP

Last year I had Rodgers 28 TD 4000 yards.

Tarlam!
09-02-2009, 05:09 AM
North: Er, um Lions?

Yeah, Lions.

Ask me at around week 17 about the rest.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2009, 07:17 PM
peter king frickn picked bears to play pats in miami!

are the bears really that good? i was thinkn they would be .500

mngolf19
09-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Giants
Vikes
Saints
Cards

Although I still think Bears and Pack could make the playoffs too. 3 from the North. I see North dominance this year. Other than Det.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Ty lives in AZ. Cards aren't that good.

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2009, 08:15 PM

SB last year...has their roster changed?

alonzo mourning; MAN...!!

Gunakor
09-02-2009, 09:17 PM

They were 9-7 last year. IMO made the playoffs only because they play in one of the worst divisions in all of sports, with the only other contender in Seattle injured at key positions all season long. Then made the Super Bowl only because they were lucky enough to be hosting an NFC Championship Game with a 9-7 record. Honestly, I didn't think they were all that good last year either. They were 9-7.

Partial
09-02-2009, 09:57 PM

They were 9-7 last year. IMO made the playoffs only because they play in one of the worst divisions in all of sports, with the only other contender in Seattle injured at key positions all season long. Then made the Super Bowl only because they were lucky enough to be hosting an NFC Championship Game with a 9-7 record. Honestly, I didn't think they were all that good last year either. They were 9-7.

Who cares what their record was? The Giants were a 6 seed and they looked pretty darn good throughout the playoffs. It's all about when you get hot AND matchups. Each are equally important. See the NCAA tournament for the best example in sports imo.

The Leaper
09-02-2009, 10:06 PM
North: GB
West: AZ
South: ATL
East: PHI

WCs: NO, CHI

Gunakor
09-02-2009, 10:46 PM

Who cares what their record was? The Giants were a 6 seed and they looked pretty darn good throughout the playoffs. It's all about when you get hot AND matchups. Each are equally important. See the NCAA tournament for the best example in sports imo.

When you get hot and matchups? You just described a lucky team, not a good one. Why do you think it's so rare that the best college BB team wins the tournament? One loss and you're done - seeing how college BB teams don't finish undefeated for the whole season, it goes without saying that just because you lose a game doesn't mean you weren't the better team. You just weren't the better team that day.

It's only about when you get hot and matchups in the playoffs. If you're a good team, you will perform all season long. 9-7 isn't going to get you into the playoffs most years, much less to a Super Bowl. They got hot at the right time and got some favorable matchups in favorable venues, but that does not make them a more talented football team than, say, the Cowboys or Giants.

As for this season, the healthy Seahawks are going to win the west. I have my doubts as to whether the Cardinals will even make the playoffs to defend their NFC title.

P.S. The Giants were the # 1 seed in the NFC bracket last year. You are thinking of the Eagles, they were the #6 seed.

pasquale
09-02-2009, 11:06 PM
I believe Partial was talking about when the Giants won the big one. But then again...they won that game because of a lucky catch.

Bretsky
09-02-2009, 11:36 PM
PACK
EAGLES
SAINTS
SEAHAWKS

channtheman
09-03-2009, 02:35 AM

Live in AZ as well. Cardinals really weren't that good last year and I believe they are going to be worse this season as well. This year all those bandwagon jumpers will be jumping right back off.