PDA

View Full Version : Packer Fans = Hypocrites

Deputy Nutz
09-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Well what sums it up is taking a look at the Thread titled, "Dirty Hit". The once captain of the Packers, the World's Toughest Man, all of our hopes and aspirations when it came to the Packers is now being labeled a dirty player because of one shitty, shitty block as a Viking.

I hope all your sympathy cards are mailed to that poor defenseless Houston Texan.

If Favre made that block as a Packer you all would be holding your head high about your QB and his fearlessness.

Maybe I don't actually hate Ted Thompson, maybe my anger stems at all of you jackass Packer fans
__________________________________________________ ________

Favre didn't know the rules, although that doesn't excuse him from making the block. It was a bad block, it is illegal for a reason. What I want to know, is how fucking stupid do you have to be as a head coach to have your 39 year old QB line up in the slot and ask him to attempt a crack block in the 3rd quarter of a pre season game? To me that is where the stupidity comes in.

Chilly Should be the one fined by the NFL for being the biggest jackass in week 3 of the preseason.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Comments on the Vikings preseason game in direct relation to the NFC NORTH and the Packers. The Vikings didn't look real smooth on offense, and it wasn't Favre. Sure he might have missed some line calls, and protection calls, but the line did not pick up the blitz very well, and they had a hard time handling the athletic defensive linemen of the Texans. Favre looked a step slow. Age is catching up to him. He is like your old John Deere Tractor, it still runs and can do all the things it use to, but it is covered in a thin layer of rust, and 4th gear is jammed, and it sometimes doesn't go into reverse. Because it is older you don't want to over do it, so as an operator you treat it a little conservative. You don't open up the throttle all the way. you maybe rent a newer tractor for digging ditches or doing some serious plowing.

Anyways, the offense isn't clicking just yet, but you can tell Favre likes the young receiver from Florida Percy Harvin. It is hard not to like the combination of Peterson and Taylor. Both are really good backs, Taylor is good enough to start for 75% of the teams in the NFL and has the ability to be a pro bowl type back.

The Texans where able to put the ball in the end zone at least once against the Vikes 1st string defense. I think teams like the Packers are going to do well against the Vikings defense. Now that Rodgers looks to be more comfortable in the pocket, especially being able to go through his progression faster on shorter drops will help against the Vikes.

Right now I rank the division as such

1. Packers 11-5
2. Vikings 10-6
3. Bears 9-7
4. Lions 3-13

hoosier
09-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Favre didn't know the rules, although that doesn't excuse him from making the block. It was a bad block, it is illegal for a reason. What I want to know, is how fucking stupid do you have to be as a head coach to have your 39 year old QB line up in the slot and ask him to attempt a crack block in the 3rd quarter of a pre season game? To me that is where the stupidity comes in.

He's been in the league for 16 years and he didn't know the rules? :lol:
Did he actually say this or are you just grasping for straws trying to defend him?

I can see your point about how Packer fans would have seen what Favre did in a different light if he had done it when dressed in green and gold. Some fans, at least, would probably be inclined to see it as further proof of Favre's toughness or his love for the game. But that would be wrong. The only thing it demonstrated was his inability to throw a good, legal block. I don't think it was a dirty play in the sense that Favre wasn't trying to hurt an opponent. It was just an example of Favre being betrayed by his own instincts and doing something dumb or clumsy. Not a big deal but not reason to start crucifying Packer fans as a species either.

denverYooper
09-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I thought most of that discussion was about priapism...

mraynrand
09-02-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't understand this thread; Nutz seems to have the opinion that being a hypocritical fan is a bad thing. Perhaps Retail and Bigguns can rescue the thread with a spirited debate.

mraynrand
09-02-2009, 10:57 AM
For the record, I didn't think Favre was throwing a dirty block. I thought he was going into v-fib and had collapsed.

Scott Campbell
09-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Favre didn't know the rules.........

Generally players don't pick up on these rulebook subtleties until they've been in the league for 25 years or so.

Tony Oday
09-02-2009, 11:14 AM
I would have said the same thing I said before, it was a dirty unitentionally hit. HE wasn't trying to hurt anyone just hit him low, with his throwing shoulder.

He was fearless when he was taking on DE on a reverse not a blind block at the knees.

Scott Campbell
09-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Well what sums it up is taking a look at the Thread titled, "Dirty Hit". The once captain of the Packers, the World's Toughest Man, all of our hopes and aspirations when it came to the Packers is now being labeled a dirty player because of one shitty, shitty block as a Viking.

I re-read the thread in question, and think you are grossly exaggerating the reaction by people here to the hit.

packrat
09-02-2009, 11:23 AM
The guy they should be talking about is Chilly. What a genius--using Favre as lead blocker. it'll be exciting to see what happens if Favre actually catches a pas as receiver.

sharpe1027
09-02-2009, 11:28 AM

I hope all your sympathy cards are mailed to that poor defenseless Houston Texan.

If Favre made that block as a Packer you all would be holding your head high about your QB and his fearlessness.

Strawman. There is a difference between labeling a play as dirty and labeling the player as dirty. It was one stupid play for which that there is no good excuse, and no, ignorance is not an excuse.

Do you agree that the block should not have been thrown? If yes, then you are as hypocritical as the rest of us. :shock:

CaptainKickass
09-02-2009, 11:29 AM

Maybe I don't actually hate Ted Thompson, maybe my anger stems at all of you jackass Packer fans

Haha - "Nutz" post is living up to his name. I had to laugh at "all of you jackass packer fans" because you made this post in a packer fan centric internet forum.

It's natural for fanatics to desire the demise and/or demonization of one of the greatest players to wear green and gold, now that he is wearing purple and has joined the proverbial "dark side".

Simple human nature. We are all hypocrites at times. Including you. Including me.

Doesn't mean we can't have some damn fun with it!

:)

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Do we need two threads about it? Should I post my opinion from the other thread on here?

MichiganPackerFan
09-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Rather harsh all-encompassing generalization of Packers fans, and for that alone I think you're nuts. ;)

I think some of it is just gold glasses: Sharper hits someone as a packer, its an awesome, Big Time hit. When he does it as a Viking: Cheap Shot Artist. That's just a result of being a fan of your team in the heat of the moment. Now place the drama magnifying glass associated with ol' #4 and you've got the comments that have irked you.

mraynrand
09-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Do we need two threads about it? Should I post my opinion from the other thread on here?

This thread is intended to examine your hypocrisy. Please play along.

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2009, 11:40 AM
this is hate speech. move this thread to the garbage can.

MichiganPackerFan
09-02-2009, 11:44 AM

Wish Bob Barker would show up and remind us all to have our pets spayed and neutered.

(Sadly, I had to Wikipedia Barker to determine whether or not to start that sentence "wish Bob Barker would rise from his grave...")

Tony Oday
09-02-2009, 11:52 AM

Wish Bob Barker would show up and remind us all to have our pets spayed and neutered.

(Sadly, I had to Wikipedia Barker to determine whether or not to start that sentence "wish Bob Barker would rise from his grave...")

watch it or he will beat you like he did Happy Gilmore!

MadScientist
09-02-2009, 12:27 PM

The only ones here who would be 'holding their heads high about Favre and his fearlessness.' are the same ones who are still proud of Chester Martin's hit on McMahon.

A push in the back is an illegal block. This was nasty and dangerous. I don't think Favre was trying to do what he did, just poor form and position, but because of the seriousness of it, he should get a stiff fine.

Let's hope that no Packer is involved with a block like this (giving or receiving).

Fritz
09-02-2009, 12:36 PM
I would have said the same thing I said before, it was a dirty unitentionally hit. HE wasn't trying to hurt anyone just hit him low, with his throwing shoulder.

He was fearless when he was taking on DE on a reverse not a blind block at the knees.

But when he took on DE's on a reverse he exactly did throw himself at their knees. It's the way he's always blocked.

retailguy
09-02-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't understand this thread; Nutz seems to have the opinion that being a hypocritical fan is a bad thing. Perhaps Retail and Bigguns can rescue the thread with a spirited debate.

No can do, Charlie. I've been censored because I've been too hard on my good friend Tyrone.

Favre had a bad play, he's selfish and ego driven, but he isn't dirty. Sapp wasn't dirty either, until he refused to fess up. Favre did that in his post game comments. That was good enough for me.

mraynrand
09-02-2009, 02:47 PM
The only ones here who would be 'holding their heads high about Favre and his fearlessness.' are the same ones who are still proud of Chester Martin's hit on McMahon.

Chester Martin? Either you are referring to Charles Martin, who threw Jim McMahon to the turf well after a play was over, or you are referring to Chester Martinez, who beat the shit out of Ed McMahon for reneging on a one million dollar publisher's clearinghouse giveaway.

retailguy
09-02-2009, 02:51 PM

Chester Martin? Either you are referring to Charles Martin, who threw Jim McMahon to the turf well after a play was over, or you are referring to Chester Martinez, who beat the shit out of Ed McMahon for reneging on a one million dollar publisher's clearinghouse giveaway.

He could be talking about Chester Marcol.... Well, maybe not.

MadScientist
09-02-2009, 03:56 PM

He could be talking about Chester Marcol.... Well, maybe not.
I managed to merge the two names :oops: The 80's Packers are all starting to run together in a blur of mediocrity.

Scott Campbell
09-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Chester Martin kicked Jim McMahon in the nuts after Charles Marcol body slammed him to the turf.

mission
09-02-2009, 04:02 PM
I figured exactly what this was about when I read the thread title.

"OMG he's with another team now so now we call for the guys' head!!"

Yes, what else do you expect? It's football, it's being a fan, it's understanding the history and following your team.

Everyone else has already said it better than I, but the Favre fans will never make much sense to actual Packer fans.

retailguy
09-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Chester Martin kicked Jim McMahon in the nuts after Charles Marcol body slammed him to the turf.

Yeah. That's the way I remember it!

Bossman641
09-02-2009, 08:07 PM
So you agree it was a dirty, illegal hit but you are angry at others for calling Favre out on it?

OK

Of course Favre gets judged on a different scale, he's not a Packer anymore

mission
09-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Of course Favre gets judged on a different scale, he's not a Packer anymore

Hey, let's not go making any sense now... :no:

BZnDallas
09-02-2009, 08:25 PM
hey nutz, why not jump all over john gruden too while you are at it??... or mike and mike in the morning or any of the sports writers that came out on tuesday and said it was an illegal, (dirty) block... i dont ever remember an announcer or writer calling out 'he who must not be named' after throwing an illegal block as a member of the packers... maybe i was just watching the game in my green and gold glasses, with my green and gold hearing aids... not to say he didn't do it, i just dont remember thats all... :wink: 8-)

Deputy Nutz
09-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Well I don't think Favre is all read up on what constitutes an illegal block from the wide receiver position since well, he doesn't play wide receiver. So the first couple of posts to make a claim that he has been playing long enough, and he should know the rules, you can go try and suck your own tongue.

Harvey, I mentioned much more than just the "dirty hit" in my post when starting this thread if you can't see that, they God doesn't love you anymore.

John Gruden came out and showed on Monday Night Football his own unique man love for Brett Favre.

Remember when that Chiefs' QB, gee can't think of his name right now got a concussion during the first game of the season like two years ago for trying to cut block a defensive end but instead caught a knee to the helmet, and the defensive end told reporters after the game that he got what he deserved and a bunch of folks got all pissy at said defensive end?

Good story.

Deputy Nutz
09-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Why were all you Packer fans watching a Vikings pre season game anyways?

KYPack
09-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Well I don't think Favre is all read up on what constitutes an illegal block from the wide receiver position since well, he doesn't play wide receiver. So the first couple of posts to make a claim that he has been playing long enough, and he should know the rules, you can go try and suck your own tongue.

Harvey, I mentioned much more than just the "dirty hit" in my post when starting this thread if you can't see that, they God doesn't love you anymore.

John Gruden came out and showed on Monday Night Football his own unique man love for Brett Favre.

Remember when that Chiefs' QB, gee can't think of his name right now got a concussion during the first game of the season like two years ago for trying to cut block a defensive end but instead caught a knee to the helmet, and the defensive end told reporters after the game that he got what he deserved and a bunch of folks got all pissy at said defensive end?

Good story.

The DE was Robert Geathers of the Bengals (Jumpy Geathers nephew). His knee did hit Trent Green in his old head and knocked his ass silly.

hey Nutz, what is with ya?

You make a great thread, everybody gives you props, so you come back and piss in everybodies soup!

Things are fucked up.

GrnBay007
09-02-2009, 11:10 PM

:lol: :lol:

Deputy Nutz
09-02-2009, 11:14 PM

Good story.

The DE was Robert Geathers of the Bengals (Jumpy Geathers nephew). His knee did hit Trent Green in his old head and knocked his ass silly.

hey Nutz, what is with ya?

You make a great thread, everybody gives you props, so you come back and piss in everybodies soup!

Things are fucked up.

I love soup

Fosco33
09-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Iwasn't and will only watch Favre when he plays the Pack or when the Vikes have a good matchup and there isnt a Packer game on.

Are you still a Packer fan?

Jimx29
09-02-2009, 11:16 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/29mnkfs.jpg

Deputy Nutz
09-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Iwasn't and will only watch Favre when he plays the Pack or when the Vikes have a good matchup and there isnt a Packer game on.

I don't know if I associate myself as a fan anymore. I follow the Packers, I like most of the Packer players. I enjoy football. I enjoy football that is played in Green Bay, but a fan? Oh boy, that is a hard one to answer Mr. Whiskers.

Deputy Nutz
09-02-2009, 11:20 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/29mnkfs.jpg

Was this the fucking cat that hit and slammed Jimmy Mac?

Fosco33
09-02-2009, 11:34 PM

I don't know if I associate myself as a fan anymore. I follow the Packers, I like most of the Packer players. I enjoy football. I enjoy football that is played in Green Bay, but a fan? Oh boy, that is a hard one to answer Mr. Whiskers.

Hook, line, sinker...

channtheman
09-03-2009, 02:40 AM

Hook, line, sinker...

That's like the "life long" Packer fans I read about who went out and bought Vikings season tickets after Favre became a Viking. But they were Packer fans. :roll:

Rastak
09-03-2009, 06:09 AM

Hook, line, sinker...

That's like the "life long" Packer fans I read about who went out and bought Vikings season tickets after Favre became a Viking. But they were Packer fans. :roll:

Even worse is people with the unmitigated audacity to buy season tickets for conference rivals.... :wink:

Fritz
09-03-2009, 06:15 AM

I wonder is Skin has pictures of this in the garbage can . . .

hoosier
09-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Well I don't think Favre is all read up on what constitutes an illegal block from the wide receiver position since well, he doesn't play wide receiver.

Let's see, "blocking a defender low and from behind is a no no." Yeah, I can see how he'd have to put in some time at WR before mastering such a complex idea.

HowardRoark
09-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Let's see, "blocking a defender low and from behind is a no no." Yeah, I can see how he'd have to put in some time at WR before mastering such a complex idea.

Well, he still hasn't mastered the concept of tossing the football to a player with the same color uniform that he is wearing on any given Sunday......maybe he is a slow learner.

mraynrand
09-03-2009, 08:45 AM

Well, he still hasn't mastered the concept of tossing the football to a player with the same color uniform that he is wearing on any given Sunday......maybe he is a slow learner.

Irv is in charge of the ball's trajectory...... :oops: :oops:
http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=favremoonshot.flv

gex
09-03-2009, 09:01 AM

Hook, line, sinker...

I am a life long Packer fan(Got the "G" tat on the shoulder, how dedicated are you?)
I agree with Nutz on this one.
I want Favre to put all his records out of reach(untill they go to an 18 game schedule)and I would like to see him win 1 more ring, I think he has earned this opportunity with his toughness and passion for the game thru all these years.
I would also like one of thee all time great Packers(Favre) to have multiple SB wins.
My Packers will always be here, "My Brett" will not.
I still dont like the Queens and when Favres gone I hope they go 0-16.

Oh yea, did I mention that I am a life long die-hard Packer fan. 8-)

mraynrand
09-03-2009, 11:04 AM
I want Favre to put all his records out of reach(untill they go to an 18 game schedule)and I would like to see him win 1 more ring

So you are a Favre fan first, Packers second. Nothing wrong with that necessarily, but you can't claim you are a Packers first fan.

Zool
09-03-2009, 11:29 AM
I want Favre to put all his records out of reach(untill they go to an 18 game schedule)and I would like to see him win 1 more ring

So you are a Favre fan first, Packers second. Nothing wrong with that necessarily, but you can't claim you are a Packers first fan.

Exactly. The LAST fucking thing I want is the Vikings to win a SB. Well second only to the Bears winning one. I don't care if Jesus was a kick returner for them, I'd still want them to lose. To want the Vikings to do anything but lose every single game (unless it effects the Packers playoff seeding) is dumb.

CaptainKickass
09-03-2009, 11:33 AM

Well Nutz - the obvious answer is -

Because it was the only game on. Just like any other Monday Night Football. (Can't believe I have to point that out)

And if I'm a Packer fan, then I'm obviously a football fan.

Your insinuation that they must be mutually exclusive is... well...just plain..

NUTZ!

I am a Packer fan first and foremost. But the Packers play within a league called the "NFL". If the Packers didn't exist, I would still be a fan of the NFL, and football in general.

Fritz
09-03-2009, 11:33 AM
But couldn't you root for Jesus to have a couple kick returns for touchdowns and still have the Vikings lose?

And if Jesus did score a touchdown, would he cross himself and look up into the sky and point, or would he cross himself and look into a mirror and then point at himself?

Hmmm. These are important questions.

CaptainKickass
09-03-2009, 11:39 AM
But couldn't you root for Jesus to have a couple kick returns for touchdowns and still have the Vikings lose?

And if Jesus did score a touchdown, would he cross himself and look up into the sky and point, or would he cross himself and look into a mirror and then point at himself?

If we're yalking about Jesus Christ - I think everyone else would cross themselves after he scored, and then point at him, and possibly even kneel or bow.

But since he's a fictional character, much like Santa Claus - this could only happen in the next version of the Madden NFL football video game.

If we're talking about a mexican/spanish guy named Jesus. Then I think the "regular" cross and point @ the sky would occur.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2009, 11:46 AM
He (Favre) is like your old John Deere Tractor......

.......and some of you are still lined up around the block to give his his next lube job.

mraynrand
09-03-2009, 11:59 AM

If we're yalking about Jesus Christ - I think everyone else would cross themselves after he scored, and then point at him, and possibly even kneel or bow.

But since he's a fictional character, much like Santa Claus - this could only happen in the next version of the Madden NFL football video game.

If we're talking about a mexican/spanish guy named Jesus. Then I think the "regular" cross and point @ the sky would occur.

I think you are out of you fictional damn mind.

mraynrand
09-03-2009, 12:05 PM
He (Favre) is like your old John Deere Tractor......

.......and some of you are still lined up around the block to give his his next lube job.

Simple enough - It only has a two-stroke engine.

hoosier
09-03-2009, 12:34 PM

Exactly. The LAST fucking thing I want is the Vikings to win a SB. Well second only to the Bears winning one. I don't care if Jesus was a kick returner for them, I'd still want them to lose. To want the Vikings to do anything but lose every single game (unless it effects the Packers playoff seeding) is dumb.

Bears have already won a SB, so Vikings winning one would be worse. But what do you hope for when the Vikings play the Cowboys?

Zool
09-03-2009, 01:00 PM

Bears have already won a SB, so Vikings winning one would be worse. But what do you hope for when the Vikings play the Cowboys?

A tie

sharpe1027
09-03-2009, 01:49 PM
A tie

Duel foreits?

Zool
09-03-2009, 02:08 PM

Well if my you, you mean me then no. I'd prefer the Vikes and Bears lose 77-0 every game. Like Mr Barnett said "if you aint wit us, you against us"

Tyrone Bigguns
09-03-2009, 03:59 PM

"All the the glory goes to myself."

Deputy Nutz
09-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Well I don't think Favre is all read up on what constitutes an illegal block from the wide receiver position since well, he doesn't play wide receiver.

See you are already wrong! he attempted a crack block on him, He didn't hit him from behind. Low, yes he rolled into his legs. Don't be such a dweeb. If he hit him from the back, it would be called clipping, or an illegal block in the back, it was an illegal crack block because he went low on him.

mraynrand
09-03-2009, 04:24 PM

Definitely would act like he's been there before.

http://thenastyboys.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/touchdown_jesus.jpg

MOBB DEEP
09-04-2009, 05:35 AM

MUST SEE tv...most watched preseason game EVER...mass appeal

Pugger
09-04-2009, 07:13 AM
[quote=gex]

+1 The pandas won one but I don't want them to win another either.

RashanGary
09-04-2009, 08:42 AM
I watched the Bears and the Vikings this week.

I didn't watch the Vikes into the 2nd half so I missed that block. I worked over 50 hours Mon-Thurs so I haven't gotten to see any replays.

One thing I did notice, there was a time when Favre would get sacked and players would get up laughing, showing a sort of respect. There was a day when players would hit Favre, but not drive him into the turf. It was a unique respect that Favre had. Now it seems players are trying to take him the fuck out and when they get up they turn their back on him while he tries to talk. There is a respect, league wide, that seems to have been lost for Favre. It's not just Packer fans, it seems it's a good majority of people. So I think Nutz real gripe is with people, not the small group he's blaming.

Nutz, you might as well get used to this. The days where Favre could do whatever he wanted and it getting attributed to him being a firey competitor are over. Now, when he does selfish shit, people see it. When he throws a shitty crack block, people say it was BS. He's certainly not an evil guy, but all he is, is a guy. Not a whole lot of worship left. If you can't stand people for not worshiping him, maybe that is on you, eh?

Scott Campbell
09-04-2009, 06:06 PM
The douchebag got fined $10K.

GrnBay007
09-04-2009, 06:09 PM
One thing I did notice, there was a time when Favre would get sacked and players would get up laughing, showing a sort of respect. There was a day when players would hit Favre, but not drive him into the turf. It was a unique respect that Favre had. Now it seems players are trying to take him the fuck out and when they get up they turn their back on him while he tries to talk. There is a respect, league wide, that seems to have been lost for Favre. It's not just Packer fans, it seems it's a good majority of people. So I think Nutz real gripe is with people, not the small group he's blaming.

You "gathered" all that from 2 pre-season games....and 1 with very limited play? WOW

Scott Campbell
09-04-2009, 06:19 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10024170/Vikings%27-Favre-fined-$10K-for-illegal-block

Minnesota quarterback Brett Favre has been fined $10,000 for an illegal crackback block during the Vikings' preseason game against the Texans on Monday.

The NFL announced the fine Friday.

The 39-year-old Favre drew a penalty for an illegal crackback block to the knee of Houston's Eugene Wilson when he lined up wide in the wildcat formation in the third quarter. Wilson was injured on the play, but said he'll be OK.

Favre said he wasn't out to hurt anyone and was simply trying to protect rookie Percy Harvin, who took the snap.

"I will be 40 years old in October and (was) weed-eating 13 days ago," Favre said. "I wasn't thinking about throwing blocks."

Wilson said he hadn't spoken to Favre, but if he did he would ask him one thing.

"What was up with that?" Wilson said. "Seriously, what was up with that?"

Blaming it on his weed whacker? :lol:

RashanGary
09-04-2009, 06:20 PM
I really don't think this is going to be an enjoyable experience for Brent.

mraynrand
09-04-2009, 06:21 PM

You "gathered" all that from 2 pre-season games....and 1 with very limited play? WOW

I don't agree with JH on this either. Favre still has a lot of respect around the league. The fact of the matter is that he is absolutely ancient in NFL terms. Even the common garden variety sack makes you think the guy will never move again. I think sacks on Favre look worse just because he looks far less mobile, far more fragile, and far more likely to take a dive than take a hit. If I were out there at 40, I'd be ducking for cover too.

Scott Campbell
09-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I bet he blames their first loss on his hedge trimmer.

mraynrand
09-04-2009, 06:24 PM
http://images.meredith.com/lcl/images/2006/06/l_stringA.jpg

What Deanna? The Vikings called? Tell them I'll call 'em back when I'm done, dammit!

Scott Campbell
09-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Goodell needs to suspend him just for coming up with the lamest excuse ever.

Fosco33
09-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Goodell needs to suspend him just for coming up with the lamest excuse ever.

What's worse... he's used that excuse TWICE now. Lame, Brett... lame

"Two weeks ago,'' Brett Favre said, walking out of Reliant Stadium late Monday night, "I was weed-eatin.' I mean, to come out here and move around this way and make a few throws, I'm pretty happy with it.''

I think he meant to say he's been eating weed. It'd make a lot more sense based on his actions over the past 18 months. :smk: