PDA

View Full Version : Pepper out and Lions Luck continues!

Tony Oday
09-02-2009, 11:37 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-lionsqb090109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Funny stuff

red
09-02-2009, 11:42 AM
the last line sums it all up

CaptainKickass
09-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Hahahaha! "stubbed his toe".

Great article Tony.

Thanks!

Tony Oday
09-02-2009, 11:44 AM
“We put an ad on craigslist for a quarterback today for practice, but nobody answered,” Schwartz joked.

That was my favorite part :)

SkinBasket
09-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Who cuts their foot on carpet?

“It wasn’t cut,” Schwartz said. “It stretched his foot, and it sort of tore up by the top where his toe is.”

OK, who stretches his foot so it sort of tears up by the top where the toe (whatever that is) on carpet? Let alone someone who is athletically gifted enough to play 10 seasons in the NFL and, considering the salary he’s earned, probably can afford some high-end threads?

He “sort of stubbed” his foot on some carpet and it required eight stitches?

So what? Dante's skin doesn't work anymore either? Oops, I stretched my foot and it kind of just tore apart. Sometimes you just got to recognize the signs that it's time to die.

MichiganPackerFan
09-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Culpepper always reminded me of a t-rex anyway. The lions have nothing to lose by going with stafford.

Tony Oday
09-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Culpepper always reminded me of a t-rex anyway. The lions have nothing to lose by going with stafford.

except to ruin him like a Carr or Harrington

MichiganPackerFan
09-02-2009, 11:49 AM

Very valid point.

Tony Oday
09-02-2009, 11:51 AM

Very valid point.

Not saying they won't anyway! lol It just seems like if you are a Lion QB you get your rookie contract...make sure you invest that well...and 3 back-up QB job contracts...I bet this is negotiated in the CBA that if you are drafted as a QB by the Lions you automatically get 3 back-up jobs through your career...because no matter what goes into that team broken and worthless is what comes out!

MadScientist
09-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Maybe it was just Culpepper’s way of avoiding being the Lions’ starter.

When he's healed he will tweak a hammie - not pull a muscle, but get a bite on his throwing hand from his kid's pet hamster. :D

Packgator
09-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Is Eric Hipple ready for a comeback?

Fritz
09-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I wonder if William Clay Ford paid someone to pull up the carpet so Culpepper would get hurt and Ford could see his new toy on the field right away.

Those crazy Fords!

Tony Oday
09-02-2009, 02:42 PM
No he traded in Pepper for the new kid because he got the $4,500 from Obama! ;)

mraynrand
09-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Brian Brohm would be a significant upgrade on Detroit's roster.

channtheman
09-02-2009, 02:59 PM
“We put an ad on craigslist for a quarterback today for practice, but nobody answered,” Schwartz joked.

When I read that I had to check the link to make sure it wasn't an article from The Onion! I was kinda surprised to see the article was serious.

Tony Oday
09-02-2009, 03:53 PM

When I read that I had to check the link to make sure it wasn't an article from The Onion! I was kinda surprised to see the article was serious.

well it is about the LIONS so how serious can it really be?

Kiwon
09-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Who cuts their foot on carpet?

“It wasn’t cut,” Schwartz said. “It stretched his foot, and it sort of tore up by the top where his toe is.”

OK, who stretches his foot so it sort of tears up by the top where the toe (whatever that is) on carpet? Let alone someone who is athletically gifted enough to play 10 seasons in the NFL and, considering the salary he’s earned, probably can afford some high-end threads?

He “sort of stubbed” his foot on some carpet and it required eight stitches?

So what? Dante's skin doesn't work anymore either? Oops, I stretched my foot and it kind of just tore apart. Sometimes you just got to recognize the signs that it's time to die.

Either Dante's living in somebody's basement or he has a Zen Buddhist thing going on and has rocks as a carpet.