PDA

View Full Version : Pick Brohm's fate

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2009, 08:49 PM
I am having trouble rooting for Brohm, I'm afraid he'll be just good enough to hang on. but not good enough to help the team.

Badgerinmaine
09-02-2009, 10:21 PM
I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't have much faith in Brohm right now.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Who the fuck would hope that Brohm doesn't succeed?

Gunakor
09-02-2009, 10:48 PM

Anyone that hopes he doesn't make the final 53?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-02-2009, 10:56 PM

Why would you hope that happens. We invested a pick on him, money on him, etc. I can understand if you were asked what do you think is going to happen, but the question is what do you hope.

Why would you hope he fails. That means a wasted pick, money, time,effort, etc.

channtheman
09-03-2009, 02:41 AM
I am having trouble rooting for Brohm, I'm afraid he'll be just good enough to hang on. but not good enough to help the team.

Do many 3rd string QB's help the team?

Fritz
09-03-2009, 06:09 AM
Harlan, I want to thank you for empowering me to decide Brohm's fate. That was fun.

Can you do another poll about Tony Moll? I want to cut that crazy bastard's ass!

Pugger
09-03-2009, 07:00 AM
You should have added one more option: #3 Brohm struggles but still makes the 53 man roster.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2009, 08:24 AM
You should have added one more option: #3 Brohm struggles but still makes the 53 man roster.

too painful to contemplate.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Harlan, I want to thank you for empowering me to decide Brohm's fate. That was fun.

Can you do another poll about Tony Moll? I want to cut that crazy bastard's ass!

I think playing God once a week is enough.

Speaking of poles, you must be in about hour 22 of that 36 hour woody. Feeling a little light headed? Hang in there.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Why would you hope that happens. We invested a pick on him, money on him, etc. I can understand if you were asked what do you think is going to happen, but the question is what do you hope.

I think everybody would be cool with Brohm turning into the next Johnny Unitas.

The fear is that he will play just well enough to hang-on to a roster spot, but his inner TJ Rubley will come through in the long run.

Every roster spot counts a lot. What is Brohm's potential value? I really doubt he will ever be better than Matt Flynn, so we don't need him as a number 2. (Even though he has flashed a good deal of number 2 :rs: ) TT invested a high pick on Brohm because Rogers was still not a proven franchise QB, Brohm was an insurance policy. Well, with Roger's progression, BRohm no longer has value as a future AROD replacement.

What is Brohm's value as an emergency QB? Little to none. The Packers could pick-up a more capable emergency QB on the waiver wire.

So that leaves hoping that Brohm gets good enough to draw a draft pick in a trade someday.

I'd rather have a roster spot, and keep a more promising contributor, like Sutton, or a third fullback, or extra linebacker, or more promising rookie QB, etc.

DonHutson
09-03-2009, 09:43 AM

That would be my vote. The biggest factor in Brohm's continued employment with the Packers is Flynn's availability as the #2, more so than anything Brohm does or doesn't do.

Fritz
09-03-2009, 10:01 AM

I think playing God once a week is enough.

Speaking of poles, you must be in about hour 22 of that 36 hour woody. Feeling a little light headed? Hang in there.

I'm doing my best, but it's hard.
:rs:

I wonder if MM sends polls out to everybody at 1265 Lombardi and makes his roster decisions based on the results.

Or - better yet - he goes onto fan websites like ours and makes determinations based on what he sees.

Freak Out
09-03-2009, 10:01 AM

Because this forum is infested with America hating commies....you know that.

MichiganPackerFan
09-03-2009, 02:08 PM
After seeing Inglorious Basterds I'm inclined to go with option C: baseball bat & scalping.

Packers4Ever
09-03-2009, 02:40 PM

Ditto

Cheesehead Craig
09-03-2009, 04:25 PM
The title reminds me of a James Bond movie on how he would be killed.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9514/brohm.jpg

Fritz
09-03-2009, 05:14 PM
That first picture with Brohm in that postion . . . it made me feel queasy. Can we move that to the Garbage Can? I think Skin would know what to do with it!

pack4to84
09-04-2009, 06:01 AM
Brohm is a one read QB. On draft day I didn't want him because he reminded me of Sexy Rex. Two years later he still reminds me of Rex. Last night the Coaches did everything to make him successful. They called only one read passing plays. If he looked off that one read he got sacked. That is the same thing that has followed Sexy Rex. Brohm is a system QB. MM is having a hard time breaking him of that. I say we trade for Luke.

Pugger
09-04-2009, 07:09 AM
When he looked off did he get sacked cuz he had no clue or no time? At least he ditched the glove and didn't look like a deer in headlights so I was happy to see improvement there. Matt Leinhart looked pretty horrid his first couple of years and I thought he looked pretty good last week in AZ so I doubt the coaches are ready to give up on Brohm just yet. I'm not saying BB is ML but BB is the 3rd stringer, guys.

denverYooper
09-04-2009, 10:34 AM
When he looked off did he get sacked cuz he had no clue or no time? At least he ditched the glove and didn't look like a deer in headlights so I was happy to see improvement there. Matt Leinhart looked pretty horrid his first couple of years and I thought he looked pretty good last week in AZ so I doubt the coaches are ready to give up on Brohm just yet. I'm not saying BB is ML but BB is the 3rd stringer, guys.

Brohm didn't generally get a lot of time to make more than one read last night.