PDA

View Full Version : Smokers

gex
09-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Wisconsin tax went into effect Tuesday and its up to $7.00/pack.
That is $49.00/wk for a pack a day smoker. Over $2500.00/yr.

That is over $200.00/month!!!== cable tv, internet, phone and a couple other bills/month!! It is a car payment.

Smoking is like cocaine now, to expensive for us regular folk :lol:
(btw, I'm a pack/week, only on break during work and when out drinking, come June wont even to be able to when out drinking)

Freak Out
09-03-2009, 10:03 AM

That is over $200.00/month!!!== cable tv, internet, phone and a couple other bills/month!! It is a car payment.

(btw, I'm a pack/week, only on break during work and when out drinking, come June wont even to be able to when out drinking)

If you want cheap smokes buy the bootleg stuff.....many in Alaska do. I quit 10 years ago...you could always take that route. :)

I loved to smoke when I was young.

SkinBasket
09-03-2009, 10:21 AM
http://store.ellismate.com/images/pictures/Photos/image-2.jpg

Scott Campbell
09-03-2009, 11:59 AM

Good thing smoking Favre's pole is still free. 8-)

gex
09-03-2009, 12:19 PM

Good thing smoking Favre's pole is still free. 8-)

I know, you would think ol' Bus Cook would see the opportunity there to make some good ching! :lol:

mraynrand
09-03-2009, 12:27 PM

The nation thanks you for providing healthcare for the children.

Freak Out
09-03-2009, 12:52 PM
http://store.ellismate.com/images/pictures/Photos/image-2.jpg

Is that a shrimp or a mud bug mounted on that wench?

SkinBasket
09-03-2009, 01:57 PM
It's a shrimp. But what it represents is Jim Doyle. The fair lady is the state of Wisconsin.

swede
09-03-2009, 03:32 PM
It's a shrimp. But what it represents is Jim Doyle. The fair lady is the state of Wisconsin.

It's just not as funny when you have to explain it.

SkinBasket
09-03-2009, 03:50 PM

It's just not as funny when you have to explain it.

The story of my life.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-03-2009, 04:36 PM
You can grow your own tobacco. Already being done.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2009, 04:46 PM

Hmmm. I wonder if you could sell it at a farmers market.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-03-2009, 07:27 PM

Hmmm. I wonder if you could sell it at a farmers market.

It is legal to grow your own, it is illegal to sell it. If you sell or trade it..then the FDA must be involved. But, hey...for a guy already breaking the law with 5 wives, no biggie, plus having them out in the fields would keep them svelte...if that is your thing. Just tell'em it is god's work!!

Tobacco seeds are like 9 beans. Seedman.org. They have quintupled there sales from 07. they are a bit tricky to grow...as they are practically microscopic and you have to start them indoors and then move them outdoors after frost. Also you gotta then pay attention to the normal problems of any plant...bugs, mold, fungus, etc.

After gowing comes curing.

Anyway, i think the #s work down to about 30 cents a pack if you grow it yourself.

Ty thought about it..and, the selling part as well. Gov catches you...i'm sure the punishment will be X, but i was also worried about what the IRS would do...you know, lying about income is the big no no.

mraynrand
09-03-2009, 07:47 PM
It's unethical to grow your own tobacco. The government needs the tax revenue to provide healthcare to children. Please keep smoking government tobacco.

GBRulz
09-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Hmmm, perhaps when I move to SC in a few weeks I should start bootlegging cigs to my WI smoking friends!

I'm at the 5 month mark now of quitting. I have this real-time calculator thing on my FB page and it's says I've saved about $1200 so far. I'll take that.

mraynrand
09-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm at the 5 month mark now of quitting. I have this real-time calculator thing on my FB page and it's says I've saved about $1200 so far. I'll take that.

Putting yourself above healthcare funding seems horribly selfish. It's obvious that you don't care about The Children.

Freak Out
09-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Hmmm, perhaps when I move to SC in a few weeks I should start bootlegging cigs to my WI smoking friends!

:bclap:

Congratulations!

I quit cold turkey eight years ago last month......the first six months or so were hell but about that time the cravings just seemed to stop.

mraynrand
09-04-2009, 01:48 PM

Congratulations!

I quit cold turkey eight years ago last month......the first six months or so were hell but about that time the cravings just seemed to stop.

Horrifying! When will people start caring for the uninsured Children? I started smoking when SCHIP funding was linked to cigarette taxes. I am up to six packs/day. Children everywhere are thanking me for tarring my lungs so they can enjoy the sweet liberty of free healthcare.

HowardRoark
09-04-2009, 02:23 PM

You need to be more true to your faith.....

"In view of the harm caused by tobacco, growing, trading in and smoking of tobacco are judged to be haram (forbidden). The Prophet, peace be upon him, is reported to have said, 'Do not harm yourselves or others.' Furthermore, tobacco is unwholesome, and God says in the Qur'an that the Prophet, peace be upon him, 'enjoins upon them that which is good and pure, and forbids them that which is unwholesome'"

Freak Out
09-04-2009, 02:24 PM

Congratulations!

Horrifying! When will people start caring for the uninsured Children? I started smoking when SCHIP funding was linked to cigarette taxes. I am up to six packs/day. Children everywhere are thanking me for tarring my lungs so they can enjoy the sweet liberty of free healthcare.

To hell with the little bastards....if their parents can't afford some type of coverage that's the luck of the draw.

mraynrand
09-04-2009, 03:13 PM

You need to be more true to your faith.....

"In view of the harm caused by tobacco, growing, trading in and smoking of tobacco are judged to be haram (forbidden). The Prophet, peace be upon him, is reported to have said, 'Do not harm yourselves or others.' Furthermore, tobacco is unwholesome, and God says in the Qur'an that the Prophet, peace be upon him, 'enjoins upon them that which is good and pure, and forbids them that which is unwholesome'"

Healthcare for Children is wholesome, you corrupt, capitalist dog!