PDA

View Full Version : who's the starting tight end...

gbgary
09-03-2009, 01:53 PM
lee or finley? i know they'll rotate a lot, and starter doesn't mean what it used too, but i think finley's won it from what i've seen. total transformation from what we saw last season. time for the TE to be what it used to be in our offense. discuss!

CaptainKickass
09-03-2009, 01:56 PM
I read somewhere that it's still Lee.

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Until Finley improves his blocking close to the level that Lee is at, Lee will likely remain the starter. Who cares really. We have two good TEs and they'll both play a lot.

pbmax
09-03-2009, 02:16 PM
I think the answer to your question is the two TE offense M3 keeps trotting out there. They are both starters if preseason is to be believed.

packerbacker1234
09-03-2009, 04:14 PM
I think if you are looking for your every down TE, Lee is the guy. He's not as athletic and may not make as big of plays in the passing game, but he's a pretty solid TE all around. Good sound blocker for both pass and run situations, solid route runner with pretty good hands. Finely is just better at doing the deeper down the field patterns.

Finely is good, glad to have him, but Lee is better all around at the position. I think both will see a lot of playing time regardless.

Fritz
09-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Bubba Franks?

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2009, 05:21 PM
The players sure as hell care who is the starter. Nobody is happy sharing a job.

Finley sees himself as an NFL star, just ask him. Gotta conquor the starting job first.

I think MM will keep Finley in the #2 spot for a little while just as a motivating factor for both players.

sheepshead
09-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Bubba Franks?

I dont know why that's funny, but it is.

Guiness
09-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Sure, one's the starter, but I think they will both get a lot of minutes.

If we believe the press, could this also mean WR is the position that get shorted this season, i.e. only 4 on roster?

mmmdk
09-03-2009, 06:48 PM
It's a good "problem" to have; but I see Finley as a coming TD machine / big redzone option. I believe in 5-9 Finley TDs this season...with even more during post season. :D

Noodle
09-03-2009, 07:32 PM
It's a good "problem" to have; but I see Finley as a coming TD machine / big redzone option. I believe in 5-9 Finley TDs this season...with even more during post season. :D

I think you're dead right here. Finley may not be the starter due to his blocking, but he's going to get beaucoup TD opportunities in the red zone.

So Frit'z observation that it would be "Bubba Franks" wasn't all that far off.

pbmax
09-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Bubba Franks?
If the subject of the thread is the UFL or an old-timers game then YES!