PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl?

Chevelle2
09-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Some guys on National Football Post, and now Rich Eisen from NFL Network, but have picked Green Bay to come out of the NFC as the Super Bowl representative.

It may be farfetched, but I think its possible. Nevertheless I like the recognition we are starting to get.

vince
09-04-2009, 11:12 AM
As always, health will be a big determining factor, which is unpredictable. If the Packers stay healthy, I see no reason why they can't/won't be right in the mix.

Scott Campbell
09-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Are our special teams units looking any better thus far?

vince
09-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Without looking at stats I'd say marginally at best. Kapinos is definitely stronger, but the other special teams haven't shown a lot have they...

I'm expecting the running game to be stronger and the defense to be much better, even though they have work to do yet.

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2009, 11:33 AM

I think the coverage units are looking better--at least early in the game when perhaps the starters are out there. Not sure though.

In the first quarter vs. Cleveland and the first half vs. Buffalo and Arizona, these were the starting field position for our opponents after kickoffs:

21, 24, 18, 20, 22, 12, 22, 20, 20, 16, 30, 20, 19

On punts, Kapinos is 2nd in the NFL in the preseason in punting at 48.8 and he's 3rd in net average at 43.0.

pack4to84
09-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Are our special teams units looking any better thus far?Kapinos had a impressive night. 5 punts 52.2 yrd avg. he had 2 punts inside the 20. He should of had 3 but Lee miss played one. One of his 50+ yard punt had 4.9 seconds of hang time.

pbmax
09-04-2009, 11:46 AM

I think the coverage units are looking better--at least early in the game when perhaps the starters are out there. Not sure though.

In the first quarter vs. Cleveland and the first half vs. Buffalo and Arizona, these were the starting field position for our opponents after kickoffs:

21, 24, 18, 20, 22, 12, 22, 20, 20, 16, 30, 20, 19

On punts, Kapinos is 2nd in the NFL in the preseason in punting at 48.8 and he's 3rd in net average at 43.0.
OK, but what happened in Tennessee? Did we really have the backup coverage units out there? Aren't most of the special teams starters backup on O and D who were fighting for a spot and playing deep into the game?

Fritz
09-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Fire Shawn Slocum now!

mmmdk
09-04-2009, 12:10 PM
I think it's preseason and the media is sometimes cluching at straws; but Packers aren't half bad and I expect much improvement, record wise, from last season. Cards made it to the big show and hence Packers have a shot at it too.

CaptainKickass
09-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeah, but c'mon people.

WAYYYYYYY too early to be talkin about SB.

The only "Super Bowl" y'all should be worried about is the pipe full of green & gold chronic that you're smoking.

I don't like being picked by the media for anything because they're more wrong than they are right.

In the words of a wise man:

"Let's not go jerking each other off just yet".

Tony Oday
09-04-2009, 01:33 PM
We will win the Super Bowl...eventually :)

I have never been more excited to have real football start!

We have a solid team that could do something if the pieces fall into place.

Vikes have the hated Favre and lackluster WR but a brilliant RB tandem and a stalwart D.

Bears have Cutler and like him or hate him he makes the team better than with Orton.

The Lions are looking to get off the schnide and try to win a game this year...they have a sucessful season winning 6 games.

Lot of fun to watch folks! And as always we have 4 games that are playoff games every year...Vikes and Bears...lets start this fire and get cookin!

MadtownPacker
09-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Yeah, but c'mon people.

WAYYYYYYY too early to be talkin about SB.

The only "Super Bowl" y'all should be worried about is the pipe full of green & gold chronic that you're smoking.

I don't like being picked by the media for anything because they're more wrong than they are right.

In the words of a wise man:

"Let's not go jerking each other off just yet".

.Quoted for truth.

I hate the fact the ESPNholes and every other sports "expert" is making the Pack to be the trendy pick. Shit is like the kiss of death in many cases.

Freak Out
09-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Ok gambling rats....what are the latest odds on the Packers going to and winning the SB and where is the best place to place said bet?

MadtownPacker
09-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Ok gambling rats....what are the latest odds on the Packers going to and winning the SB and where is the best place to place said bet?What does it matter what the odds are??? If you are down to do it then do it and get off the shitter.