PDA

View Full Version : ALL the Packer cuts/keeps in this thread

pack4to84
09-05-2009, 01:06 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/transactions.aspx?sport=NFL

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Packers-to-cut-running-back-Kregg-Lumpkin.html

Lurker64
09-05-2009, 01:08 PM
No surprise here, he was likely #5 in a group where they'll probably only keep 3. He's a practice squad candidate I believe, though, so we may see him again.

pbmax
09-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Weird that he was the first. I bet Sutton is on the team now. Wynn had horrible production all preseason, though he will probably be in there on 3rd downs.

Pugger
09-05-2009, 01:11 PM
I see I missed this when I posted in that other thread. :oops:

I wonder if this means Sutton made the grade!!

pbmax
09-05-2009, 01:11 PM
No surprise here, he was likely #5 in a group where they'll probably only keep 3. He's a practice squad candidate I believe, though, so we may see him again.
National Football Post claims there will be interest in him. Since they have so many agent sources, I bet that is a positive spin on the release.

Lurker64
09-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Weird that he was the first. I bet Sutton is on the team now. Wynn had horrible production all preseason, though he will probably be in there on 3rd downs.

As I understand it, they've likely been telling the agents of the players who will be cut since yesterday. They just won't announce anything until right before the deadline.

Most of the players who are going to be cut probably know it by now. We already heard rumblings from the agents of Muhtadi and Randolph yesterday.

Tarlam!
09-05-2009, 01:24 PM
I hate this time of year. They'll need to cut guys, them's the rules. Thankfully, this year I figigure most of the Packers' cuts will be picked up by other teams. Still, I hate this ritual. It really hurts me as a human.

mission
09-05-2009, 01:36 PM
I'd like to see the team focus on CBs and RBs next offseason. We really lack overall speed at this position and I can't help but feel more speed would really open things up for AR in the passing game.

I hate this time of year. They'll need to cut guys, them's the rules. Thankfully, this year I figigure most of the Packers' cuts will be picked up by other teams. Still, I hate this ritual. It really hurts me as a human.

:hug:

packrulz
09-05-2009, 02:04 PM
That's too bad, I like Lumpy, it's not like they're letting Noah Herron go. I guess TT figured some team would take Sutton. I hope Lumpy can make it to the practice squad.

Fritz
09-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Poor Kregg...really taking his Lumpkins by being told earlier than the cut-off time.

I hope he finds work in the NFL. Seems like a decent guy.

packrulz
09-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Packers | Underwood sticking?

Sat, 05 Sep 2009 11:35:35 -0700

Tom Pelissero, of The Green Bay Press Gazette, reports it appears the Green Bay Packers are keeping CB Brandon Underwood on the final 53-man roster.

red
09-05-2009, 02:23 PM
wynn looked like Jag this preseason

he can go too

pbmax
09-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Green Bay Press Gazette:

Essentially:

Staying: Underwood

Gone: Talley, Lumpkin, Ford and Obiozor

Cuts Continue
The Packers resumed their cuts this morning as the clock continues to tick down to the 5 p.m. CT deadline.

According to a source, among those who informed of their impending release was rookie end Ronald Talley, whom the Packers hope to re-sign to the practice squad.

Meanwhile, the Web site nationalfootballpost.com reports the Packers will cut running back Kregg Lumpkin.

UPDATE, 1:35 p.m.: Rookie cornerback Brandon Underwood is on the 53-man roster, according to his agent, Deryk Gilmore. Underwood suffered a shoulder stinger in Thursday's preseason finale, but it's a minor one and won't keep him out for the opener, Gilmore said.

The Packers are believed to have made moves with two players in the secondary, including releasing rookie cornerback Trevor Ford. The status of safety Charlie Peprah, who is battling a patella tendon strain, remains unclear but the most likely option probably is an injury settlement.

UPDATE, 2:19 p.m.: Per Rob Demovsky, rookie linebacker Cyril Obiozor also has been released, according to his agent.

UPDATE, 2:36 p.m.: Ford officially cut.

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2009, 02:51 PM
No surprises really. I have a $1 that says he pick up an RB. Sutton has three strikes--he's small, slow, and isn't a good pass blocker.

pack4to84
09-05-2009, 02:56 PM
WR Jake Allen has been released.

pack4to84
09-05-2009, 02:57 PM
According to Aaron Wilson, the Ravens have traded CB Derrick Martin to the Packers.

http://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/3784532679

Probably for a 2010 conditional draft pick

pbmax
09-05-2009, 03:02 PM
No surprises really. I have a $1 that says he pick up an RB. Sutton has three strikes--he's small, slow, and isn't a good pass blocker.
You are going to make me look bad Harv. I have been ignoring the RBs, but as you might expect, there have been a ton of them released so far.

Thanks to our thread creator (4to84) for the thread name change!

The trade for a CB makes sense if Lee, Underwood and Blackmon are all hurt to one degree or another. What's a seventh round pick between friends?

--signed, Proud owner of a singed license plate cover from Ozzie Newsome's Middlefield, OH Ford!

Fosco33
09-05-2009, 03:03 PM
nm, dp

pbmax
09-05-2009, 03:16 PM
NFL Draft Scout Profile

Name: *Derrick Martin
College: Wyoming Number: 1
Height: 5-10 Weight: 202
Position: CB Pos2:
Class/Draft Year: Jr/2006
40 Time: 4.50 40 Low: 40 High:
Projected Round: 3 Stock:
Rated number 12 out of 171 CB's 83 / 1714 TOTAL
Combine Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 5100
Weight: 202
40 Yrd Dash: 4.50
20 Yrd Dash: 2.65
10 Yrd Dash: 1.56 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 17
Vertical Jump: 40
Broad Jump: 10'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 3.97
3-Cone Drill: 6.73

pack4to84
09-05-2009, 03:34 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Sources-say-Packers-will-release-Brohm.html

Brohm being cut

Fritz
09-05-2009, 03:38 PM
This is nearly shocking to me - Brohm cut?

Thompson must have a line on someone he wants and thinks he can get.

And I'd wager that this also means Flynn's injury is worse than the team is saying.

Someone will sign Brohm. He won't make the practice squad, I don't think.

Farley Face
09-05-2009, 03:38 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Sources-say-Packers-will-release-Brohm.html

Brohm being cut

Good. Admit the mistake, cut bait, move on.

Lurker64
09-05-2009, 03:40 PM

Brohm being cut

Good. Admit the mistake, cut bait, move on.

Agreed, if he clears waivers... maybe put him on the practice squad, but he was pretty much a waste of a second round pick. Never showed anything at the NFL level despite being the most "pro ready" QB in that draft. Never liked him in college anyway.

Fritz
09-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Well, if it's so, then the Thompson haters who say Thompson's ego is so huge he can never admit a mistake (an old "Thompson's Big Ego" thread recently got bumped) can either recant that charge or (more likely) point to Thompson's failure with the pick as evidence that Thompson is a terrible drafter.

Sigh.

pbmax
09-05-2009, 03:46 PM
I can't see a second round pick, with some first round traits making it through waivers. Someone is going to give him a second chance. Unless the Packers have told him he is coming back after some roster shuffling.

pbmax
09-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Press Gazette has Brohm and agent in the dark so far about any possible action.

pack4to84
09-05-2009, 03:53 PM
***Update***
He has been waived.

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/3785346603

pack4to84
09-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Joey Harrington was cut by Saints.

Fritz
09-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Somewhere, Tank is getting wood. He's seeing Harrington in a Packer uni.

pack4to84
09-05-2009, 04:05 PM
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2009/09/05/1/

Packers Trade T Moll To Ravens For DB Martin

pbmax
09-05-2009, 04:12 PM

Wow. So Cliffy, Colledge and Lang on the left side. I would be more confortable if they did this as a result of confidence in Meredith, but I am pretty sure they have done this as a result of lack of confidence in Moll.

pbmax
09-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Somewhere, Tank is getting wood. He's seeing Harrington in a Packer uni.
I think this belongs in the GC.

Or maybe the Pad Level thread. :shock:

pbmax
09-05-2009, 04:14 PM
So at CB: Wood, Harris, TWill

New Guy Martin, Blackmon, Underwood

Lee goes on IR?

Lurker64
09-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Wow. So Cliffy, Colledge and Lang on the left side. I would be more confortable if they did this as a result of confidence in Meredith, but I am pretty sure they have done this as a result of lack of confidence in Moll.

I'm not terribly uncomfortable with that situation actually. If we lose one starter on the left side of the OL, we should be OK. If we lose two, we're boned. But how many teams wouldn't be boned if they lost two starters on the left side of the OL?

Waldo
09-05-2009, 04:18 PM

I'm not terribly uncomfortable with that situation actually. If we lose one starter on the left side of the OL, we should be OK. If we lose two, we're boned. But how many teams wouldn't be boned if they lost two starters on the left side of the OL?

3rd guy at LT = Barbre.

Fosco33
09-05-2009, 04:27 PM

The #Packers have cut T Andrew Hartline and are believed to have cut T Jamon Meredith as well.

http://twitter.com/tompelissero

pack4to84
09-05-2009, 04:29 PM

The #Packers have cut T Andrew Hartline and are believed to have cut T Jamon Meredith as well.

http://twitter.com/tompelisseroDidn't expect this to happen.

pack4to84
09-05-2009, 04:29 PM
released RB Tyrell Sutton

bbbffl66
09-05-2009, 04:31 PM
released RB Tyrell Sutton

Kinda surprised. I guess Wynn makes it then?

Fritz
09-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Jaysus - Moll gone, Meredith too?

What are they gonna do - keep eight linemen and two quarterbacks?

Weird, as always, how this final roster stuff shakes out.

Chevelle2
09-05-2009, 04:33 PM
What the hell is going on? Why did we cut Meredith and Sutton?

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm shocked. The Packers were able to get a player in exchange for Moll?

Way to go Teddy!

Farley Face
09-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Jaysus - Moll gone, Meredith too?

What are they gonna do - keep eight linemen and two quarterbacks?

Weird, as always, how this final roster stuff shakes out.

3 FBs and 3 Cs I'm guessing.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2009, 04:35 PM
What the hell is going on? Why did we cut Meredith and Sutton?

They have a decent chance to get them on practice squad.

The team is in desperate need of a capable backup at offensive tackle. I expect a trade.

Fritz
09-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Did Evan "Marlene" Dietrich-Evans's name get mentioned yet?

MJZiggy
09-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Wasn't he cut a couple days ago?

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Bring back Tauscher!

Fosco33
09-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Did Evan "Marlene" Dietrich-Evans's name get mentioned yet?

#Packers may be keeping rookie OL Evan Dietrich-Smith. He hasn't been cut -- at least not yet, a source said.

http://twitter.com/RobDemovsky

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2009, 04:43 PM
#Packers may be keeping rookie OL Evan Dietrich-Smith. He hasn't been cut -- at least not yet, a source said.

Is it possible that Ted is going to trade Wells for a tackle?

packrulz
09-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Packers cut Brohm, acquire cornerback
Since this post is getting long, here's a roundup of what we know. I'll update this as we go, and check for more detail below. The Packers entered the weekend needing to trim 22 players from the roster by 5 p.m. today.

Released: DL Dean Muhtadi, T Dane Randolph, DE Ronald Talley, CB Trevor Ford, LB Cyril Obiozor, QB Brian Brohm, T Andrew Hartline.

Reportedly will be released: RB Kregg Lumpkin.

Believed to have been released: RB Tyrell Sutton, T Jamon Meredith.

Trade: The Packers acquired CB Derrick Martin from the Ravens for OL Tony Moll.

Moves to go: 13.

gbpackfan
09-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Sutton and Meredith are a bit surprising. Although I think Meredith will make it through waivers. The other night a scout said that he believes the Packers will be able to get Sutton through waivers as well. But I wouldn't bet on it. After the second preseason game, it was reported that 2 NFC teams were very interested in scooping up Sutton if he was released. St. Louis perhaps? They just cut a couple guys and Gado is now hurt.

Farley Face
09-05-2009, 04:48 PM

Is it possible that Ted is going to trade Wells for a tackle?

5 of the 9 they are going to keep can play T.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Sutton and Meredith are a bit surprising. Although I think Meredith will make it through waivers. .

I bet Sutton has better chance of clearing waivers, just because of the relative shortage of big athletic guys.

(sorry if that came out a little gay)

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2009, 04:50 PM

They have zero backups who are ready to play tackle.

packerbacker1234
09-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Sutton cut? Damn. What do they see in Wynn? He hasn't really proven anything since being around. Keeps disapointing. I would of rather given Sutton a shot, even if he has to be the #2 back for game one.

Farley Face
09-05-2009, 04:55 PM

They have zero backups who are ready to play tackle.

Another year of the Colledge shuffle if Clifton goes down, agreed. Breno scares me. I think they feel Lang is ready to play just about anywhere if need be.

Meredith wasn't ready and Moll stunk so they woke up this morning with this issue if that is your stance.

Fosco33
09-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Lee and Harrell to IR...

red
09-05-2009, 04:57 PM
so i guess pre season games don't mean shit, because sutton looked a whole hell of a lot better then the other backs except grant

retailguy
09-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Sutton cut? Damn. What do they see in Wynn? He hasn't really proven anything since being around. Keeps disapointing. I would of rather given Sutton a shot, even if he has to be the #2 back for game one.

Nah, it was the right call to let him go. He didn't do well against 1st team defenses. He's raw, needs work. A year on the PS would do him good.

Wynn can play against 1st teams. He's more ready now, but, he's an injury waiting to happen. That's why he's the 3rd string back.

This probably just means that Jackson is not hurt as bad a feared.

gbpackfan
09-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Lee and Harrell to IR...

Good moves. Lee has talent and Harrell....well you guys know the rest. Why not keep him for one more year. He's not costing that much to keep this season.

gbpackfan
09-05-2009, 04:58 PM

Nah, it was the right call to let him go. He didn't do well against 1st team defenses. He's raw, needs work. A year on the PS would do him good.

Wynn can play against 1st teams. He's more ready now, but, he's an injury waiting to happen. That's why he's the 3rd string back.

This probably just means that Jackson is not hurt as bad a feared.

I agree with this post 100%

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Another year of the Colledge shuffle if Clifton goes down, agreed. Breno scares me. I think they feel Lang is ready to play just about anywhere if need be.

Meredith wasn't ready and Moll stunk so they woke up this morning with this issue if that is your stance.

I don't get what you are saying. I think Lang is just a guard right now, and not a guy they would care to play. Its not a good situation, I hope they find a new tackle.

But no team is perfect.

Lurker64
09-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Harrell and Lee to IR, per GBPG.

boiga
09-05-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm shocked that Sutton might be waived. He looked like our best preseason RB after Grant.

I love the Moll trade though. He's been dead weight for a while and the Titans game showed how much we need more depth in the defensive backfield.

Brohm... I'm still kind of in shock. I'm not sure I'll believe this one until it's official. On the other hand, I'd love to have AJ Feely as our backup. That'd be a major upgrade.

Chevelle2
09-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Wow this is weird as hell....

TT is actively shopping Scott Wells. The veteran center desperately wants out and MM prefers not to have unhappy players in his locker room.

According to Packer Update - for what its worth

Lurker64
09-05-2009, 05:04 PM

TT is actively shopping Scott Wells. The veteran center desperately wants out and MM prefers not to have unhappy players in his locker room.

Per the Press Gazette: "UPDATE, 4:58 p.m.: Despite keeping Dietrich-Smith, the Packers aren't looking to deal C Scott Wells, a source tells Rob. They did try to deal Brohm but found no takers."

Fosco33
09-05-2009, 05:05 PM

Hmm..

"Packers tried to trade Brohm but got no takers. Didn't try hard to move C Scott Wells."

Not giving him what he wants... I say good riddance.

Chevelle2

Per the Press Gazette: "UPDATE, 4:58 p.m.: Despite keeping Dietrich-Smith, the Packers aren't looking to deal C Scott Wells, a source tells Rob. They did try to deal Brohm but found no takers."

Conflicting reports keep a fan insane.

boiga
GBPG says that they aren't shopping Wells...

But they did try to shop Brohm... but found no takers.

I sure hope Flynn's shoulder is feeling better.

Edit- D'oh third with the update... I feel slow now.

Chevelle2
09-05-2009, 05:07 PM
GBPG says that they aren't shopping Wells...

But they did try to shop Brohm... but found no takers.

I sure hope Flynn's shoulder is feeling better.

I don't think they would go 2 QBs if a) it wasnt feeling better or b) the weren't fairly sure they could get Feely/Garcia/McCown etc

Farley Face
09-05-2009, 05:07 PM

I don't get what you are saying. I think Lang is just a guard right now, and not a guy they would care to play. Its not a good situation, I hope they find a new tackle.

But no team is perfect.

So:

-Keeping Moll would have solved this problem
-Meredith was game ready
-Or this need for another tackle was identified by you prior to the cuts

Which is it?

The '72 Dolphins were perfect, 2007 Pats were close. :lol:

Chevelle2
09-05-2009, 05:10 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Source-says-Feeley-likely-cut-if-hes-not-traded.html

Biggs: Source says Feeley likely cut if he's not traded

Lurker64
09-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Well, we're past the deadline so everything that's going to be done in terms of cuts has been done. Interesting to see if we place any waiver claims...

Fosco33
09-05-2009, 05:12 PM
The #Packers are going to waive S Charlie Peprah (knee) as injured and negotiate an injury settlement.

Fritz
09-05-2009, 05:19 PM
If the Pack claims AJ "Touchy" Feeley, it means they think they've got a real shot at the SB this year, I think.

Here's some more news via www.wildfritzrumors.com:

"The Packers have announced that they have cut their entire team."

Chevelle2
09-05-2009, 05:22 PM
What time do all these cuts have to be in by?

Willard
09-05-2009, 05:23 PM
What time do all these cuts have to be in by?
24 minutes ago

retailguy
09-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Raiders cut Garcia - you think he's the guy?

Chevelle2
09-05-2009, 05:25 PM

I sure hope so!

red
09-05-2009, 05:28 PM

he's exactly what we would need

a vet backup who knows what he's doing

Chevelle2
09-05-2009, 05:40 PM
MORE UPDATES: The Packers appear to be keeping WR Brett Swain. Still don't know if they're going with six or if Ruvell Martin got cut.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2009, 05:41 PM
-Meredith was game ready

Which is it?

I've been harping about the lack of depth at tackle all preseason. I thought Moll was worth keeping only because he is the least bad option. I'm glad Moll was traded, but I hope it means that TT has his eye on another candidate.

I get that they can shift around and survive one injury anywherer - as long as they keep Wells. That's OK, altho not ideal. I'd like to see a backup tackle who can at least run-out there and finish a game.

digitaldean
09-05-2009, 05:43 PM
MORE UPDATES: The Packers appear to be keeping WR Brett Swain. Still don't know if they're going with six or if Ruvell Martin got cut.

Just read that myself. Do they see more versatility from Swain than Ruvell?

Chevelle2
09-05-2009, 05:44 PM

Its possible, on ST. I love Ruvell though, hope they find a way to keep 6.

digitaldean
09-05-2009, 05:45 PM

Its possible, on ST. I love Ruvell though, hope they find a way to keep 6.

Maybe it was Swain's cover skills at corner Thursday night that won them over. :wink:

Fritz
09-05-2009, 05:51 PM
So the Packers have eight offensive linemen, two quarterbacks, three fullbacks, and thirty-three wide receivers plus a dozen linebackers?

Thompson surely is not done.

BallHawk
09-05-2009, 05:52 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lurker64
09-05-2009, 05:53 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That was about my impression as well.

boiga
09-05-2009, 05:58 PM
I don't really mind keeping Swain. Having 6 receivers on the roster isn't an extraordinary move. We got a little bit too thin at that position at times last year.

mmmdk
09-05-2009, 06:00 PM
-Meredith was game ready

Which is it?

I've been harping about the lack of depth at tackle all preseason. I thought Moll was worth keeping only because he is the least bad option. I'm glad Moll was traded, but I hope it means that TT has his eye on another candidate.

I get that they can shift around and survive one injury anywherer - as long as they keep Wells. That's OK, altho not ideal. I'd like to see a backup tackle who can at least run-out there and finish a game.

Great move to trade Moll; Bears are hurting on OL and I believe Moll would've been cut anyway...hence Bears won't get Moll ! New DB, what's his name, is primarily a ST guy. Good move.

BallHawk
09-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't really mind keeping Swain. Having 6 receivers on the roster isn't an extraordinary move. We got a little bit too thin at that position at times last year.

Isn't keeping two white WRs bad luck?

pack4to84
Packers release full cut list. Wow, S Anthony Smith and WR Ruvell Martin gone.

Lurker64
Here's the Full List (http://packers.com/news/releases/2009/09/05/2/)

Big surprises include: Ruvell Martin and Anthony Smith cut.

Why did we cut Smith?

I also would have tried to keep Lansanah and Toribio. Strange.

red
09-05-2009, 06:05 PM

Isn't keeping two white WRs bad luck?

yeah, we have 3 white starting lb's too

that also can't be good

digitaldean
09-05-2009, 06:06 PM

Why did we cut Smith?

I don't get the Smith cut AT all. I thought he played fairly well and was pushing Bigby.

red

Why did we cut Smith?

wow, i'm really shocked at smith. i thought he had a chance to be a starter

The Shadow
It appears Jeff Garcia is now available.
I'd love to add him as insurance.

pack4to84
09-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Released Saturday were wide receiver Jake Allen, quarterback Brian Brohm, cornerback Trevor Ford, guard/tackle Andrew Hartline, wide receiver Kole Heckendorf, linebacker Danny Lansanah, running back Kregg Lumpkin, defensive end Alfred Malone, wide receiver Ruvell Martin, tackle Jamon Meredith, nose tackle Dean Muhtadi, linebacker Cyril Obiozor, cornerback Joe Porter, tackle Dane Randolph, safety Anthony Smith, running back Tyrell Sutton, defensive end Ronald Talley and nose tackle Anthony Toribio.

boiga
09-05-2009, 06:07 PM
How the heck did Rouse beat out Smith??? Sure he was inconsistent, but at least he made plays.

BallHawk
09-05-2009, 06:08 PM
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

RIP, Ruvell. You've got better things to do than be under appreciated here in Green Bay.

http://blog.mlive.com/hugeblog/2008/01/medium_martin.JPG

Lurker64
09-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Possibly the Smith cut was justified by the acquisition of Martin from Baltimore? They seem like similar players.

Farley Face
09-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Offense
QB Rodgers Flynn
RB Grant Jackson Wynn
FB Hall Q. Johnson Kuhn
WR Driver Jones
WR Jennings Nelson Swain
TE Lee Finley Havner
LT Clifton
LG Colledge Lang
C Spitz Wells
RG Sitton Dietrich-Smith
RT Barbre Giacomini

Defense
S Bigby Rouse
S Collins Bush
CB Harris Williams Martin
CB Woodson Blackmon Underwood
SOLB Kampman Poppinga
ILB Barnett Chillar
ILB Hawk Bishop
WOLB Matthews Thompson Jones
DE Jenkins Montgomery
NT Pickett Raji
DE Jolly Wynn

Special Teams
K Crosby
P Kapinos
LS Goode

Chevelle2
Why did we cut Ruvell and Smith???

Im gonna cry. :cry:

BallHawk
Ruvell Martin, Anthony Smith, Tyrell Sutton.

3 players that absolutely should be on this team right now.

red
09-05-2009, 06:10 PM

agreed

gbpackfan
09-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Wow! We should have kept both Martin and Smith. I thought Smith was challenging Bigby for a starting job????? What the hell? And Martin will get picked up quick. Probably by the Bears or Vikings. These two cuts are odd.

Fosco33
09-05-2009, 06:11 PM

Why did we cut Smith?

Smith is a bit of a shocker.

Only one SS in Bigby. FS are Collins, Rouse and Bush...

Rouse/Bush - really? No back SS?

-- more to come --

boiga
09-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Bush, Swain, and one of the older FB's

I don't see how they beat out Smith, Ruvell, and Sutton.

red
09-05-2009, 06:13 PM

Why did we cut Smith?

Smith is a bit of a shocker.

Only one SS in Bigby. FS are Collins, Rouse and Bush...

Rouse/Bush - really? No back SS?

-- more to come --

bush is still on the team, are you serious?

wtf?

i thought we cut this guy last year

lol

Pugger
09-05-2009, 06:16 PM
I wonder if TT is truly done tinkering with this group...

OkayKyle
09-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Jarret Bush - although marginal at best as a DB - has repeatedly been described as "unblockable" on special teams, especially the punt unit. Didn't he get an extension within the past year, making over $1 million a season? I, too, am shocked about Anthony Smith being cut, but keeping Jarret Bush for special teams is essential

boiga
09-05-2009, 06:20 PM
I wonder if TT is truly done tinkering with this group...Almost certainly not. I have to imagine that we'll still be trading one of the FB's for a 4th RB.

Also, right now bush is our #3 safety. That can't be allowed to continue into the regular season.

jconnor99
09-05-2009, 06:21 PM
A poster on another forum said the reason may have to do with team chemistry. He posted this last Tuesday.

If you watched the Arizona game you saw Anthony Smith making plays and punishing Cardinals players. Then why is their talk he is going to be released? That's right, Smith's days are short for the Green and Gold according to what we've learned.

The nutty thing is that Smith has been a model citizen in the locker room. He's helped all the other SS learn the position. The problem is that the lead dog isn't found of him.

Also, we hear that A Rod may have had an issue with him during the off season workouts which may have influenced the lead dog's opinion of Smith.

None of which are reasons to release Smith... I hope that I'm wrong too. I was screaming when I was having the conversation about this... you cannot cut this player, but if someone doesn't want you around and they are the decision maker... you're done.

http://www.packershome.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=5817

Lurker64
09-05-2009, 06:21 PM
I wonder if TT is truly done tinkering with this group...Almost certainly not. I have to imagine that we'll still be trading one of the FB's for a 4th RB.

Also, right now bush is our #3 safety. That can't be allowed to continue into the regular season.

The guy we traded for, Martin, was also playing some Safety for Baltimore. I believe he will be the new dime back, replacing Smith.

BallHawk
09-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Jarret Bush blows.

BallHawk
09-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Also, we hear that A Rod may have had an issue with him during the off season workouts which may have influenced the lead dog's opinion of Smith.

Not a factor. If A-Rod had substantial influence over TT than Ruvell Martin would still be here.

boiga
09-05-2009, 06:26 PM

The guy we traded for, Martin, was also playing some Safety for Baltimore. I believe he will be the new dime back, replacing Smith.

Good point. He should be fairly up to date with the style of defense as well.

And I like Rouse as a prospect. He's a hard hitting guy with playmaking talent, even though he's not perfectly assignment sure yet. Also, he's injured and will at best be at half speed for the chicago game.

vince
09-05-2009, 06:26 PM
All in all, I'm hoping Clifton can stay healthy and Brandon Underwood never sees the field on defense. He has raw skills and ability, but he's a big liability right now.

Willard
09-05-2009, 06:28 PM

The Pack is screwed if Rodgers gets hurt. Sutton couldnt be trusted to pick up the blitz. Therefore Sutton is gone. Smith is a surprise. Martin seemed like a good guy, but I'm not going to sweat a #5 WR too much.

alquaal
09-05-2009, 06:29 PM
This is no knock against Ruvell, but I am happy Swain is getting an opportunity. He really caught my eye in training camp this year. Ruvell is a damn fine player and I wish him well.

boiga
09-05-2009, 06:31 PM
All in all, I'm hoping Clifton can stay healthy and Brandon Underwood never sees the field on defense. He has raw skills and ability, but he's a big liability right now.

True, it does worry me that it seems that we have our worst depth behind our most rickety players.

Fritz
09-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Havner more important to the team than Anthony Smith? A guy they just traded for by giving up Tony Moll is better than Anthony Smith?

Weird. But then again, we're in the thick of things. Let's step back a sec. They cut the bottom of the roster. Maybe these are the more interchangeable parts.

Smith is what he is. It's more likely a cut like Meredith will come back to haunt this team in two years than Smith's cutting.

pbmax
09-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Havner, Swain and both fullbacks have big value on special teams. Ruvell not so much. Not sure about Smith.

BooHoo
09-05-2009, 07:11 PM
I thought that Smith and Sutton would make the team.

mmmdk
09-05-2009, 07:16 PM
...I think it's neat that Brett made the Packer final roster... :lol:

Fosco33
09-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Weird that the 2 FAa (Smith/Preston) aren't on the team...

RashanGary
09-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Brohm and Smith are surprises to me

Bush, Swain, Havner, Kuhn, Bush and Blackmon are on the team because they rock on ST's.

Underwood, Brad Jones, Q. Johnson are developmental guys

Michael Montgomery is a major weak link IMO. If we could shake a trade at some point, I'd love to pick up a DE that can play.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2009, 07:52 PM
So the Packers have eight offensive linemen, two quarterbacks, three fullbacks, and thirty-three wide receivers plus a dozen linebackers?

plus the 6 hens a-laying and the partridge in pear tree..

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Possibly the Smith cut was justified by the acquisition of Martin from Baltimore? They seem like similar players.

I hope not. I thought Smith was pretty bad. I'm no talent scout, but I thought Smith looked awkard and lost much of the time. Rouse is a better player.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2009, 08:06 PM

actually, it's become something of a TT tradition. Most of his bargain FA's have bombed.

falco
09-05-2009, 08:13 PM

actually, it's become something of a TT tradition. Most of his bargain FA's have bombed.

True, its better to cut them then to try to play them (remember Adrian Klemm?)

RashanGary
09-05-2009, 08:23 PM
We have 9 OL, not 8. Dietrich put together a nice camp.

mraynrand
09-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Jarret Bush - although marginal at best as a DB - has repeatedly been described as "unblockable" on special teams, especially the punt unit. Didn't he get an extension within the past year, making over $1 million a season? I, too, am shocked about Anthony Smith being cut, but keeping Jarret Bush for special teams is essential

That's my line! Bush is one of those guys that fans seem to love to hate, possibly because they blame him for not 'falling on the fumble' in the 2007 NFCC game, even though there was tons of blame to go around in that game - and even on that particular play (http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=lostfumblechance.flv) Or perhaps it's because his corner/safety skills are limited. Well, Travis Jervey and Marcus Wilson were pretty crappy at their positions as well, but they were outstanding and important special teams players.

I didn't see anything special in Smith. I have no idea why anyone was high on him at all.

boiga
09-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Hmm... there are some interesting tidbits in the GBPG Derrick Martin article.

-Martin had played well enough to make the Ravens' 53, according to their head coach, and was extremely steady and reliable. He's also a good special teamer, so it seems he was considered an easy upgrade over Smith that cost us next to nothing (Moll).

-The Packers never shopped Wells, Kuhn, or Hall, which is surprising to me. Kuhn is also considered the 4th RB in an emergency situation.

-Havner, Deitrich, and Underwood are still on the bubble if we make any waiver claims tomorrow.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090905/PKR01/90905052/1954/PKR03

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2009, 10:53 PM
I wouldn't believe everything you read. I can't imagine the Packers didn't at least put on some feelers on their FBs. I love how Silverstein wrote in an article that the Packers keeping Jones over Cyril was "a classic case of keeping the draft pick over the free agent," but didn't mention that the Packers kept Dietrich-Smith (a FA) over Meredith (a draft pick).

Bretsky
09-05-2009, 11:28 PM

Come on BH, Ruvell.....justa guy
Sutton..........a bit surprised but they can probably find the same out there

Smith- VERY shocked; knew the D and made some very nice plays. He looked better than Bigby in the preseason

Partial
09-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Really don't like that they cut Ruvell Martin. WTF. Reading the roster right now... some serious surprises imo.

RashanGary
09-05-2009, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't believe everything you read. I can't imagine the Packers didn't at least put on some feelers on their FBs. I love how Silverstein wrote in an article that the Packers keeping Jones over Cyril was "a classic case of keeping the draft pick over the free agent," but didn't mention that the Packers kept Dietrich-Smith (a FA) over Meredith (a draft pick).

Saw that too. Just strange. Or cutting teh 2nd rounder and keeping the 7th round QB.

Partial
09-05-2009, 11:40 PM

I agree with this. Smith for his knowledge of the D, Sutton and Martin for their skills. Martin has a good chance of ending up in Minne or Chicago (if he doesn't have to clear waivers, does he?)

Cannot believe they gave up on Brohm that fast. I have more respect for TT in a way, but in another way I'm not so sure that was the right move as I still think he has solid starter potential.

That said, I like the moxy that Flynn has and would prefer him anyway in a tight game I think.

Lurker64
09-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Martin has a good chance of ending up in Minne or Chicago (if he doesn't have to clear waivers, does he?)

Chicago maybe, since they're really thin at WR but Minnesota actually has some depth and some young guys that they like. I would think a team like Kansas City might be more attractive to Ruvell, as he could go as high as #2 there. But with four years of service to the Packers (2005-2008) I believe that Martin is a vested veteran and can sign anywhere he likes.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Cannot believe they gave up on Brohm that fast. I have more respect for TT in a way, but in another way I'm not so sure that was the right move as I still think he has solid starter potential .

Who's going to sign Brohm to their 53-man roster? He'll be back.

Sutton and Smith are not solid players. Ruevell Martin deserves to be on a roster somewhere.

Bretsky
09-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Honestly, Ruvell doesn't scare one much more than Robert Ferguson. Main difference there is since Fergie was a 2nd rounder we expected a lot out of him.

Swain improved his blocking and is a better athlete who can help on special teams.

To me Smith is the biggest surprise

Partial
09-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Martin has a good chance of ending up in Minne or Chicago (if he doesn't have to clear waivers, does he?)

I believe that Martin is a vested veteran and can sign anywhere he likes.

That's what I thought. That said, I suspect he'll be in Minny or Chicago shortly. He is a very underrated big target. How big is Swain? Can they count on Finley to be the red zone target? Hopefully.

It's sad to these guys go. I don't like this time of year :(

Bretsky
09-05-2009, 11:54 PM
all that excitement about getting a 2nd round pick for Cory Williams....ended up being Brohm

Bretsky
09-05-2009, 11:56 PM

That's what I thought. That said, I suspect he'll be in Minny or Chicago shortly. He is a very underrated big target. How big is Swain? Can they count on Finley to be the red zone target? Hopefully.

Was Martin ever a red zone threat due to his size ? He was paper candy.His talent wasn't in the area of our top four and he doesn't help on specials.

Lurker64
09-05-2009, 11:59 PM

Martin is 6'4 210
Swain is 6'0 203
Finley is 6'5 257

Swain is not a replacement for Ruvell as a big red zone target, but Finley is if he capitalizes on his promise. I'm pretty sure that Finley doesn't give up much on Martin when it comes to speed either since Finley is fast for a TE and Martin was always pretty slow as a WR.

Me too, how can you not hate seeing these guys go? I really liked Ruvell.

Partial
09-06-2009, 12:01 AM

Was Martin ever a red zone threat due to his size ? He was paper candy.His talent wasn't in the area of our top four and he doesn't help on specials.

Agree to disagree. I think his talent is pretty good and he is closer to Jordy than most think. I think he's an incredibly solid guy that can step in at #3 or #4 and have success if there is an injury.

How many special teams guy do they need? They kept a billion fullbacks. I would have kept two and kept an extra DL since Jenkins is a walking injury.

I suspect they ditch Monty in the next day or two for a bigger DL. One of those 3-4 teams has gotta release somebody better.

Bretsky
09-06-2009, 12:04 AM

Agree to disagree. I think his talent is pretty good and he is closer to Jordy than most think. I think he's an incredibly solid guy that can step in at #3 or #4 and have success if there is an injury.

How many special teams guy do they need? They kept a billion fullbacks. I would have kept two and kept an extra DL since Jenkins is a walking injury.

I suspect they ditch Monty in the next day or two for a bigger DL. One of those 3-4 teams has gotta release somebody better.

Yes, we'll have to agree to disagree. I wish Ruvell well; he was a good guy. But if he goes to the Vikings or Bears it would not matter to me.
Often the #5 WR is a special helper but we do have plenty. Come mid season, I doubt we have three fullbacks. TT will do something.

Tarlam!
09-06-2009, 12:39 AM
I think I posted how much I hate this time of the season, but that was from a fan perspective.

Check out this vid, I could not do this job.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81268d17/The-Turk

mission
09-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Ruvell - A bit disappointed, I can't exactly see how Swain is an improvement at this position unless ST was a major consideration.

Smith - VERY surprised with everyone else. Two picks in the preseason, around the ball a lot. Playmaking ability made it easier to ignore all the times he got burned too. Reading these Raven forum threads, it sounds like we might have upgraded the position anyway so I guess I'll take a wait and see approach here and trust Teets (fritz, i see u!)

Brohm - Don't really have a problem with it but it's definitely a chance for me to take a rare shot at TT. As much as I usually disagree with Bretsky, C.Williams for B.Brohm seems pretty shitty. Too bad we couldn't have got more from this pick.

The RB/FB situation is also perplexing to me ... I'm all the way on the "future" boat and say QJ is an automatic lock. With all this emphasis on ST players, we better see top 5 production from this group... all-in-all, even with Grant, our RB/FB situation is generally a big yawn to me. I'd love to get *dangerous* in the backfield...

Lurker64
09-06-2009, 01:38 AM
Brohm - Don't really have a problem with it but it's definitely a chance for me to take a rare shot at TT. As much as I usually disagree with Bretsky, C.Williams for B.Brohm seems pretty shitty. Too bad we couldn't have got more from this pick.

Well, if it's any consolation, Corey Williams has done almost nothing for the Browns and he's fairly on the outs there.

Also, as disappointing as our #56 and #60 picks were in 2008 (though I still hold out hope for Lee), when you go back and look at who was available there, there's not a lot of names that just jump out at you as players you wish you had picked (notable exception: Steve Slaton, though he was picked almost a full round after Brohm). That just wasn't a particularly outstanding draft in the mid rounds, but we did get Jordy, Sitton, Finley, Thompson, Flynn, Swain, and Giacomini out of it and a most of those guys are starters/key backups/people who are likely to contribute this year, and that's a good thing.

But you know, I keep looking back at that draft trying to figure out how to get the best value out of those last two second rounders, and I just keep scratching my head.

mission
09-06-2009, 01:53 AM

Well, if it's any consolation, Corey Williams has done almost nothing for the Browns and he's fairly on the outs there.

Also, as disappointing as our #56 and #60 picks were in 2008 (though I still hold out hope for Lee), when you go back and look at who was available there, there's not a lot of names that just jump out at you as players you wish you had picked (notable exception: Steve Slaton, though he was picked almost a full round after Brohm). That just wasn't a particularly outstanding draft in the mid rounds, but we did get Jordy, Sitton, Finley, Thompson, Flynn, Swain, and Giacomini out of it and a most of those guys are starters/key backups/people who are likely to contribute this year, and that's a good thing.

But you know, I keep looking back at that draft trying to figure out how to get the best value out of those last two second rounders, and I just keep scratching my head.

All good points. It's easy to look at draft picks individually and see their genius/stupidity. Stepping back and viewing the entire draft as a whole, and that big contributors can be found anywhere, it almost diminishes the importance of *which* round and more that you have X amount of picks. Hit on the majority... TTs approach.

Was reading on another, less entertaining Pack forum today about this Brohm situation and everyone's screaming how it's so early and just look how long it took AR and all that ... thing with Brohm: he just doesn't have any real physical traits. What was he drafted for? His stats? AR could move, had a relatively strong arm... has anyone EVER said anything positive about Brohm's arm? Mobility? Presence? I just don't recall any of that. Just that he played in a "pro style offense" so he HAD to be ready for the big time. He's slow, his arm sucks, he's not tall, he's quiet... what else do we need to know? This isn't a matter of simply adjusting to the speed of the NFL.

For those reasons, I guess I'm saying, is why I feel TT really fucked up on this pick. All the information was there for him... he drafted a guy purely based on other people saying he was a 1st round QB. I'm assuming he had less personal information on BB since he never expected to be in a position to draft him in the first place ... he dropped, TT felt he had to. Took a shot... almost blindly. The lack of preparation is frustrating.

Waldo
09-06-2009, 02:03 AM
For those reasons, I guess I'm saying, is why I feel TT really fucked up on this pick. All the information was there for him... he drafted a guy purely based on other people saying he was a 1st round QB. I'm assuming he had less personal information on BB since he never expected to be in a position to draft him in the first place ... he dropped, TT felt he had to. Took a shot... almost blindly. The lack of preparation is frustrating.

Are you kidding me.

We were one of the teams that scouted Brohm the heaviest. Everybody knew that GB was high on Brohm. Josh Johnson and JDB were the other two we were heavily linked to.

Brohm to GB was a no brainer. 30-50% of mocks had him going to us in the first.

If you believe rumors that have come out after the draft, Brohm was the backup plan if we were unable to get our hands on the one TT really wanted, Flacco. Flacco was the one QB prospect (except for Ryan) that we didn't heavily scout (in public).

mission
09-06-2009, 02:41 AM
So then answer the question... what were his tangibles that our scouting department was so high on? Again, all I ever heard about was "NFL-ready offense". Did he have a strong arm? Good size? Big hands? Mobility? Leadership off the field? ... you reference mock drafts ... like I said...

Anyway...

My girl waitresses at a top gentleman's club in Atlanta (Onyx)... she just texted me and said Anthony Smith was up there tonight. Drowning his sorrows and apparently blowing some of that 100k. Maybe we didnt want him afterall... ;)

Fritz
09-06-2009, 03:08 AM
Mission, it's fair to say that Thompson missed on Brohm - unless he develops somewhere and comes back to haunt GB. But as of now, you can say that the coaching staff thought that Thompson missed on that pick. Brohm appears to be a bust, a miss.

But to say that Thompson missed because he didn't scout Brohm heavily enough, or that he used second-hand information - well, that's a ridiculous thing to say. You paint a picture of a GM who suddenly has an extra pick on his hands, didn't know what to do, so upon second-hand information blindly picked a QB. That's not how Thompson works, and he's done enough work and has had enough written about how he works, that your statement is patently a foolish one.

At that time there was some discussion, and I think a line or two in a JSO article at draft time, that the Packers considered Chad Henne as well, but passed. I don't know for sure, but I think I saw that at the end of a JSO article on draft weekend in 08. If so, the Packers seem to have made the wrong choice. However, I will say that I was not a big Chad Henne fan myself, having watched the guy for the time he was at the U of Michigan.

Tarlam!
09-06-2009, 04:27 AM

Sorry, I don't remember it this way at all. I don't remember ANY mock with GB taking Brohm.

vince
09-06-2009, 04:40 AM
all that excitement about getting a 2nd round pick for Cory Williams....ended up being Brohm
It was Brohm and so much more. Ted landed a blockbuster in this deal.

The thought of trading a $38 million (with $16.5 mil guaranteed) for a malcontent back-up unproductive DE for a ham sandwich should make one very happy. Trading that for a young highly regarded QB who doesn't pan but cost nothing by comparison ($2 mil) should make one ecstatic.

What did Ted get? How about an Aaron Rodgers re-up? The saved money then flowed into the Greg Jennings deal... Or how about Daryn Colledge, Mark Spitz, or Nick Collins going into their prime years? Take your pick.

You waste that kind of money on a guy like Corey Williams (or Joe Johnson, or Cletidus Hunt...the thing about history is that most are doomed to repeat it), other things ain't happening - the cumulative results of which mire a team in mediocrity.

Big addition by subtraction. We'll see this year and in the years to come whether the savings prove to be well spent, but I'll go out on a limb and put my money on either of the other guys Ted signed long-term (or will sign) over Corey Williams.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-06-2009, 04:53 AM
Ty's thoughts:

1. Sutton. Practice squad player. Showed something, but something isn't enough to make this squad. If he winds up on another team...no biggie. Wynn is better and more reliable as a pass blocker. For some reason fans love players like this...guys like Lumpkin, that really aren't going to ever really matter, especially on good squads.

2. Brohm. Think we made a mistake giving up this early. Hopefully he winds up on our practice squad. Brohm showed Ty enough in the last game that he could become a ty detmer type..and that is good enough for a backup QB.

3. Smith. Whatever. Neither Rouse or Smith impresses ty. Rouse pretty much sucks..and the quicker we find somebody better than either of those two the better.

4. Martin. Ok. He better be a special teams team demon, cause he obviously ain't much a DB as he couldn't beat out Frank Walker, and Walker pretty much blows.

5. Ruvell. Despite much affection for ballhawk who gets ty's tribe humor, ruvell is no great loss. Ty realizes that many have affection for him, like Partial and ballhawk, but again, he ain't good. He barely is gonna get on the field...especially with our 4 good WRs and 2 good TEs. We need better on special teams. While he may wind up on a roster, those of you thinking good things will come are gonna be disappointed. Ruvell is the poor man's Ernest Willford...at least Wilford made some plays. Ruvell has had 5 years to do something..and the best he can do is be a 5th WR. Time to give someone else a shot.

6. Lasanah. Happy as could be. Ty is sick of the lasagna joke and those that keep mispelling his name and thinking it is clever. I'm sorry Danny, but certain posters fucked you over. Ty wishes he could have been in your corner, but Ty can't . Ty hopes you track down those posters and beat the shit out of them.

7. Meredith. Happy to see him go. Jamon, means ham in spanish, and ty couldn't risk posters figuring this one out and the inevitable, "looks like he ate several ham sammie" type jokes.

8. Cyril Obiozor. Had to go. Cyril? Really? WTF was your mom thinking. Maybe you didn't figure it out, but guys named cyril don't play in the NFL, they work at bell labs.

9. Trevor Ford. You played at Troy. Sinead O'connor sang a song called Troy. She was pretty angry, you have to go.

10. Kole Heckendorf. First, Ty hates your name. Kole. You parents tried way too hard, couldn't just go with cole could they. You are a special snowflake. Anyway, kole reminds me of cole trickle and that shitty cruise movie days of thunder. Add in the potential of lame "dorf" jokes and references to the HILARIOUS Tim Conway character Dorf..well, you can plainly see...the risk was too high. Buhbye.

Lurker64
09-06-2009, 06:55 AM

Sorry, I don't remember it this way at all. I don't remember ANY mock with GB taking Brohm.

On 4/1/08 Kirwan and Carucci both had Brohm going to us in the first round, we talked about it here (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=11902). I remember others at various points as well.

Tarlam!
09-06-2009, 07:04 AM

On 4/1/08 Kirwan and Carucci both had Brohm going to us in the first round, we talked about it here (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=11902). I remember others at various points as well.

Well, I stand corrected. Thank you Lurker64.

Bretsky
09-06-2009, 07:36 AM

Hold on there; perhaps we just chose the wrong QB. Chad Henne has looked decent for the Dolphins

Bretsky
09-06-2009, 07:43 AM
It was Brohm and so much more. Ted landed a blockbuster in this deal.

The thought of trading a $38 million (with $16.5 mil guaranteed) for a malcontent back-up unproductive DE for a ham sandwich should make one very happy. Trading that for a young highly regarded QB who doesn't pan but cost nothing by comparison ($2 mil) should make one ecstatic.

What did Ted get? How about an Aaron Rodgers re-up? The saved money then flowed into the Greg Jennings deal... Or how about Daryn Colledge, Mark Spitz, or Nick Collins going into their prime years? Take your pick.

You waste that kind of money on a guy like Corey Williams (or Joe Johnson, or Cletidus Hunt...the thing about history is that most are doomed to repeat it), other things ain't happening - the cumulative results of which mire a team in mediocrity.

Big addition by subtraction. We'll see this year and in the years to come whether the savings prove to be well spent, but I'll go out on a limb and put my money on either of the other guys Ted signed long-term (or will sign) over Corey Williams.

First off I'll admit letting Williams go was the right thing to do so kudos to TT

But the forum was eternally glorifying TT for landing a 2nd; I'm not going to spin it as being positive that we drafted a reject with that pick.

We could have just let Williams go in free agency if that were the case

Bretsky
09-06-2009, 07:47 AM

Well, I stand corrected. Thank you Lurker64.

Yes, there were sights predicting Brohm

It would be funny to bump that draft thread. Some were infinitely happy with the Brohm pick and others hated it.

Fosco33
09-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Ty's thoughts:

1. Sutton. Practice squad player. Showed something, but something isn't enough to make this squad. If he winds up on another team...no biggie. Wynn is better and more reliable as a pass blocker. For some reason fans love players like this...guys like Lumpkin, that really aren't going to ever really matter, especially on good squads.

2. Brohm. Think we made a mistake giving up this early. Hopefully he winds up on our practice squad. Brohm showed Ty enough in the last game that he could become a ty detmer type..and that is good enough for a backup QB.

3. Smith. Whatever. Neither Rouse or Smith impresses ty. Rouse pretty much sucks..and the quicker we find somebody better than either of those two the better.

4. Martin. Ok. He better be a special teams team demon, cause he obviously ain't much a DB as he couldn't beat out Frank Walker, and Walker pretty much blows.

5. Ruvell. Despite much affection for ballhawk who gets ty's tribe humor, ruvell is no great loss. Ty realizes that many have affection for him, like Partial and ballhawk, but again, he ain't good. He barely is gonna get on the field...especially with our 4 good WRs and 2 good TEs. We need better on special teams. While he may wind up on a roster, those of you thinking good things will come are gonna be disappointed. Ruvell is the poor man's Ernest Willford...at least Wilford made some plays. Ruvell has had 5 years to do something..and the best he can do is be a 5th WR. Time to give someone else a shot.

6. Lasanah. Happy as could be. Ty is sick of the lasagna joke and those that keep mispelling his name and thinking it is clever. I'm sorry Danny, but certain posters fucked you over. Ty wishes he could have been in your corner, but Ty can't . Ty hopes you track down those posters and beat the shit out of them.

7. Meredith. Happy to see him go. Jamon, means ham in spanish, and ty couldn't risk posters figuring this one out and the inevitable, "looks like he ate several ham sammie" type jokes.

8. Cyril Obiozor. Had to go. Cyril? Really? WTF was your mom thinking. Maybe you didn't figure it out, but guys named cyril don't play in the NFL, they work at bell labs.

9. Trevor Ford. You played at Troy. Sinead O'connor sang a song called Troy. She was pretty angry, you have to go.

10. Kole Heckendorf. First, Ty hates your name. Kole. You parents tried way too hard, couldn't just go with cole could they. You are a special snowflake. Anyway, kole reminds me of cole trickle and that shitty cruise movie days of thunder. Add in the potential of lame "dorf" jokes and references to the HILARIOUS Tim Conway character Dorf..well, you can plainly see...the risk was too high. Buhbye.

:lol:

Good stuff, Ty!

SkinBasket
09-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Smith was the biggest surprise I think solely because the position isn't terribly deep and Bigby's been invisible out there - which to his credit is an improvement.

Ruvell was a 5th WR who had more than adequate time to prove he could play a more important role on the team. Apparently he couldn't do that. Time to move on to someone with some potential and a skill other than being tall.

The only thing Brohm ever did consistently was suck ass. There's only so long you can suck ass before someone decides not to pay you anymore.

vince
09-06-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm not going to spin it as being positive..
Instead you ignore the most important components of the deal to spin what is a huge positive into a negative in your unending and admitted bias against Thompson because you for some reason feel some internal need to be the "anti-kool-aid" poster.

Not all draft picks hit. Ted made up for this miss with a 7th round QB hit in the same year.

Could the trade have turned out better? Yeah. Is the deal likely to be a huge win when you factor in all ramifications of it? Yeah.

CaptainKickass
09-06-2009, 10:21 AM
letting Williams go was the right thing to do so kudos to TT

Ok...but again, i just really don't understand the fascination with these:

http://www.x-entertainment.com/downloads/newpics2/34.jpg

ThunderDan
09-06-2009, 10:29 AM

Are you kidding me.

We were one of the teams that scouted Brohm the heaviest. Everybody knew that GB was high on Brohm. Josh Johnson and JDB were the other two we were heavily linked to.

If you believe rumors that have come out after the draft, Brohm was the backup plan if we were unable to get our hands on the one TT really wanted, Flacco. Flacco was the one QB prospect (except for Ryan) that we didn't heavily scout (in public).

This is exactly why I thought we trade Williams to Cleveland. I thought we were going to package our 1 with the extra 2 to get up in the front half of the draft to get Flacco.

At the time of the draft, AR had never started an NFL game and questions about his durablilty were everywhere. We needed a big college QB or a season vet in case of injury.

gbgary
09-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Ty's thoughts:

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/lol.gif

retailguy
09-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Instead you ignore the most important components of the deal to spin what is a huge positive into a negative in your unending and admitted bias against Thompson because you for some reason feel some internal need to be the "anti-kool-aid" poster.

Not all draft picks hit. Ted made up for this miss with a 7th round QB hit in the same year.

Could the trade have turned out better? Yeah. Is the deal likely to be a huge win when you factor in all ramifications of it? Yeah.

He didn't spin anything. Ted traded Williams for a 2nd round pick. The pick was Brohm and was a failure. The financial stuff is accurate, but less important.

Ted is a "build through the draft type of guy" Vince. You got to hit on those high picks when you only use half of the tools at your disposal.

Your cheap shot "spin" remarks about bretsky being "anti-koolaid" and a Ted hater, not only show your arrogance, they show you've been beaten at your own game, and all you have left are insults. Pathetic.

MJZiggy
09-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Every year TT brings in a FA or two. Because he doesn't bring in the older, often declining big name you want, he only uses half the tools at his disposal. That's not only inaccurate, but unfair.

pbmax
09-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Ty's thoughts:

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/lol.gif
6. Lasagna can track me down for a beating as long as he brings some of that tasty dish to the party. :)

8. You sure you aren't thinking of Cecil, who would work at Bell Labs or be a fullback?

10. Nicole Kidman is reason enough to watch Days of Thunder. She is good looking enough to put aside all questions about Scientology and NASCAR for at least one viewing.

ThunderDan
09-06-2009, 10:43 AM

He didn't spin anything. Ted traded Williams for a 2nd round pick. The pick was Brohm and was a failure. The financial stuff is accurate, but less important.

Ted is a "build through the draft type of guy" Vince. You got to hit on those high picks when you only use half of the tools at your disposal.

Your cheap shot "spin" remarks about bretsky being "anti-koolaid" and a Ted hater, not only show your arrogance, they show you've been beaten at your own game, and all you have left are insults. Pathetic.

Talk about "spin"

We traded a player for a 2nd round draft pick (NO NAME AT THE TIME OF THE TRADE), who could have walked away in FA and the Packers would have gotten nothing.

So we got the potential to hit on the "best" NFL ready QB in the draft verses getting nothing. That seems like a pretty good deal to me.

pbmax
09-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Being a build through the draft guy doesn't mean every second round pick has to hit for a team to be successful. Its a less than 50% success rate for picks after the first round.

Letting Brohm go before his second season makes the pick a failure. But that failure is not compounded by bad contract decisions, so there is flexibility to recover.

I don't know what the league thinks of the guy, but I confess I would be surprised if he makes it through waivers. If he does, I could see them bringing him back to the PS. The roster logic for his eventual promotion is there if the CBs get healthy enough to open a spot on the roster after the first few games. Or if Havner and the LBs total gets below 10 somehow.

Packgator
09-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Letting Brohm go before his second season makes the pick a failure.

Similar situation in New England. The Pats took a QB (Kevin O'Connell) in the 3rd round of the 2008 draft. They cut him a few days ago.

RashanGary
09-06-2009, 11:09 AM

Was Sherman a, "use all his tools" guy?

Pugger
09-06-2009, 11:19 AM
I feel bad for Brohm but I'm glad TT saw the error of his ways and cut his losses. Someone here said a while back in another thread that evaluating QBs is hard. There are scores of good college QBs who just cannot make the transition to the pro game. Instead of wringing our hands about TT's miss in that round how about giving him kudos for finding a diamond in the rough QB on the second day in Flynn??

Lurker64
09-06-2009, 11:40 AM

I think this is an unreasonable standard to hold anybody to. Most draft choices fail, regardless of position, school, history, or fail. There are sometimes indicators that might help you predict who fails, but the guys who succeed have those too. There's really no way to avoid "missing on high picks" short of being able to see the future, and most people who can do that are not employed as NFL GMs.

I think the fair standard to hold Thompson to is "does he hit enough" in any given draft. Sure, Brohm is a bust and Lee is headed that way, but I think we're all happy with Jermichael Finley (third round), Josh Sitton is starting for reasons other than desperation (fifth round), and guys like Jordy Nelson (2nd round), Jeremy Thompson (4th round), and Matt Flynn (7th round) are important role players and backups. Plus the coaches apparently see something in Breno.

So I mean, yeah, to this point Ted missed on two of his three 2nd rounders, but I'm still not seeing a lot of guys in that round that he could have taken that would have been much better.

vince
09-06-2009, 11:46 AM

I disagree that the Brohm part of the Williams deal is less important than the other guy(s) Ted was/will be able to sign with the money saved. Having what turned out to be the free chance (plus $34 mil) to test drive a highly regarded QB for backup work is some great icing on the cake.

As to your need to state your personal opinion of me, I'll let that attack and your history on this board speak for itself.

Bretsky is a valued member of this board - by me and many others. He has also explicitly admitted to feeling the need to "balance" what he perceives to be "kool-aidism" by others. That demonstrates his particular bias. We're all biased. I was pointing out Bretsky's as it relates to this subject because I think it came into effect. He criticized the trade of Williams for what turned out to be Brohm without the context of the whole deal. I brought up the whole context and he accused me of spinning things. He further demonstrated his bias here by feeling the need to "admit" TT did the right thing with Williams after being challenged, as if it somehow pained him to do so, but still criticised the move. I think he's the one who's spinning here by ignoring the full effect of doing that deal in order to criticize one part of it to support his bias.

rbaloha1
09-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Believe TT is 22/28 with draft picks. The roster is blessed with young playmakers and depth. Salary cap is fine. What is the problem?

CaptainKickass
09-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Instead of wringing our hands about TT's miss in that round how about giving him kudos for finding a diamond in the rough QB on the second day in Flynn??

Gawd dammit people!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mIDZud_St2s/STgHSvz9P2I/AAAAAAAAABk/NIAQ4SHBLVg/s320/kudos+bar.gif

Fred's Slacks
09-06-2009, 02:05 PM
And kudos to CK for calling out all people using the word kudos!

MJZiggy
09-06-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm starting to wonder how many discrete images he's going to be able to dig up...

CaptainKickass
09-06-2009, 02:14 PM
And kudos to CK for calling out all people using the word kudos!

Oh fer phax sakes!

http://designwithoutsleep.com/images/lyons_kudos_01.gif

Tyrone Bigguns
09-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Ty's thoughts:

6. Lasagna can track me down for a beating as long as he brings some of that tasty dish to the party. :)

8. You sure you aren't thinking of Cecil, who would work at Bell Labs or be a fullback?

10. Nicole Kidman is reason enough to watch Days of Thunder. She is good looking enough to put aside all questions about Scientology and NASCAR for at least one viewing.

6. Even after he is cut, Ty has to put up with stupid lasagna jokes. My god, people, there is a ton eyetie food out there...you shouldn't be going apeshit over lasagna in this day and age...hustle your ass down to the olive garden for some lasagna and endless breadsticks and salad.

Danny, PB is first on the list...with or without the damn lasagna.

8. Cecil or cyril...both effete english names. If Cyril ain't gonna work at Bell Labs then i'm sure Merchant Ivory could use him in their next period drama.

10. Ty appreciates NK, but sorry, there ain't enough of her to warrant watching or appreciating Top Gun redoux. Only full frontal could save this piece of trash. She is smoking in To Die For. Yummy.

sheepshead
09-06-2009, 02:30 PM
I feel bad for Brohm but I'm glad TT saw the error of his ways and cut his losses. Someone here said a while back in another thread that evaluating QBs is hard. There are scores of good college QBs who just cannot make the transition to the pro game. Instead of wringing our hands about TT's miss in that round how about giving him kudos for finding a diamond in the rough QB on the second day in Flynn??

You started this post ripping TT then you apologize for him. Which is it John Kerry?

Pugger
09-06-2009, 04:57 PM

You started this post ripping TT then you apologize for him. Which is it John Kerry?

Where in that post did I rip TT? :shock: I said I was glad TT cut his losses and gave him props (I didn't say kudos! :lol: ) for Flynn. Sheesh...

sheepshead
09-06-2009, 04:59 PM
error of his ways? then you tell us to tone it down? just seemed like you were all over the board.

hoosier
09-06-2009, 07:56 PM

Where it that post did I rip TT? :shock: I said I was glad TT cut his losses and gave him props (I didn't say kudos! :lol: ) for Flynn. Sheesh...

Losses? Losses? Losses???!!! What are you, some kind of flip flopping TT hater/lover?

:lol: Just kidding.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-06-2009, 08:15 PM
error of his ways? then you tell us to tone it down? just seemed like you were all over the board.

so what?

Is it necessary for you to be an ass?

CaptainKickass
09-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Where it that post did I rip TT? :shock: I said I was glad TT cut his losses and gave him props (I didn't say kudos! :lol: ) for Flynn. Sheesh...

Yeah you didn't

but, ya did now.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e87/ksusachem/pb_kudos.jpg

Incidentally - this makes a GREAT drinking game.

Partial
09-07-2009, 07:13 PM
"McCarthy on Martin's release: "The Ruvell Martin decision, personally it tears you up because of the type of person that Ruvell is and what he has meant to us as a team and as a teammate. He's been a productive player. I told Ruvell that if we were to have a billboard and wanted to put a picture of someone that exemplifies a Green Bay Packer, we would put his picture up.""

You don't cut a guy that everyone on the team is torn up about. You have plenty of special teamers. Where is the loyalty?!?

boiga
09-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Swain had some great things to say about Ruvell in this interview: http://www.packers.com/multimedia/videos/2009_non_game/video_20090907__c11f0b5bf69d__9459c661a377/

Apparently, Ruvell called him up right after he was cut to congratulate Swain on having made it onto the 53. Very classy move. Swain seemed a little bit shamed to have taken his spot.

Jennings was certainly saddened by the cut, in par because Ruvell was his training camp roomie and spade partner. However, he thought that it might be for the best for Ruvell. This way he'll get the chance to join a roster that isn't as well stocked with receivers.

He'll be missed, but he'll land on his feet I think.

MJZiggy
09-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Where is the loyalty?!?

To the team that's paying you millions of dollars to make the brutal decisions that give that team the best chance of winning.

cheesner
09-07-2009, 07:26 PM

Because the Flynn pick was a no-brainer just like the AR pick. Therefore, TT should receive no credit.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-07-2009, 07:39 PM
"McCarthy on Martin's release: "The Ruvell Martin decision, personally it tears you up because of the type of person that Ruvell is and what he has meant to us as a team and as a teammate. He's been a productive player. I told Ruvell that if we were to have a billboard and wanted to put a picture of someone that exemplifies a Green Bay Packer, we would put his picture up.""

You don't cut a guy that everyone on the team is torn up about. You have plenty of special teamers. Where is the loyalty?!?

Why not? You sound like the packers under Starr.

I'll tell you what, i want MM to be the guy to deliver the message to my next ex.

"The XX decision, personally it tears you up because of the type of person that chick is and what she has meant to ty and as a friend. She's been a productive girlfriend. I told XX that if we were to have a billboard and wanted to put a picture of woman that exemplifies a great girlfrieind, we would put her picture up.""

sheepshead
09-07-2009, 07:40 PM

Because the Flynn pick was a no-brainer just like the AR pick. Therefore, TT should receive no credit.

This is where I was heading with this guy, but never got there... alas.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-07-2009, 07:50 PM

This is where I was heading with this guy, but never got there... alas.

You are clueless...miss the sarcasm and miss the gender.

CaptainKickass
09-07-2009, 09:18 PM
I'll tell you what, i want MM to be the guy to deliver the message to my next ex.

"The XX decision, personally it tears you up because of the type of person that chick is and what she has meant to ty and as a friend. She's been a productive girlfriend. I told XX that if we were to have a billboard and wanted to put a picture of woman that exemplifies a great girlfrieind, we would put her picture up.""

Quoted for truth.

And because it was funny.

Partial
09-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Where is the loyalty?!?

To the team that's paying you millions of dollars to make the brutal decisions that give that team the best chance of winning.

But he hasn't been winning so far. Having a family atmosphere and some loyalty to your players when they're still developing is key to establishing a good environment in my opinion.

This could be like Jon Ryan 2.0

Tyrone Bigguns
09-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Where is the loyalty?!?

But he hasn't been winning so far. Having a family atmosphere and some loyalty to your players when they're still developing is key to establishing a good environment in my opinion.

Loyalty? You mean like to Arod? Or to College? Or to Barnett? Or to Collins? Or to Tramon? Or to James Jones?

Family atmosphere? Please elucidate.

Family atmosphere got us the 70s and 80s. Fuck family atmosphere.

MJZiggy
09-08-2009, 06:06 AM
Where is the loyalty?!?

2007 wasn't winning? I think you're going to have to redefine the term for me then. If they felt they got the best they could out of Ruvell, but there was someone who had more to offer the team, you're saying you want the Packers to settle for less for familiarity's sake?

Partial
09-08-2009, 06:36 AM
Where is the loyalty?!?

2007 wasn't winning? I think you're going to have to redefine the term for me then. If they felt they got the best they could out of Ruvell, but there was someone who had more to offer the team, you're saying you want the Packers to settle for less for familiarity's sake?

One winning season is not good enough. You settle for winning 25% of the time?

mraynrand
09-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Fuck family atmosphere.

That could be the slogan for a new ad campaign.

Fritz
09-08-2009, 06:39 AM
2007 - the 13-3 record, trip to the conference championship game - far outshines anything Starr ever did in his post-playing days tenure.

Scott Campbell
09-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Where is the loyalty?!?

That's sentimentality - not loyalty. His loyalty to the team over your heart strings is well placed.

SkinBasket
09-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Where is the loyalty?!?

The only thing Ruvell was "still developing" was his smile. Wanting to keep a football player on the 53 man roster because he's a nice guy is about as smart as keeping a polyp in your colon.

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Loyalty? You mean like to Arod? Or to College? Or to Barnett? Or to Collins? Or to Tramon? Or to James Jones?

I would say loyalty is the guy in this forum that still uses the account name "Brohm". That's the sort of love that people write songs about.

sheepshead
09-08-2009, 02:21 PM
The best players make the team. Period, the end. The best players from that group start. That's what we're paying TT for. The Lombardi sentiment cost us 30 years of mediocrity.

cheesner
09-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Where is the loyalty?!?

If you hire a fortune 500 CEO to run Eds Waffle Hut, don't expect it to turn into IHOP over night. You have to look for improvements and see that the business is headed in the right direction.

The Packers have improved, from what I can see, in talent, every year that TT has been at the helm except the first season when he lost a lot of high $ talent for necessary salary cap moves.

Lurker64
09-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Really, is there any sense of disloyalty from Thompson in this offseason except cutting Ruvell Martin.

With the emergence of Jermichael Finley as a big, tall downfield threat, would Ruvell have played at all this year? He's not a particularly good special teams player and other than "being well-liked" he didn't really have any unique skills anymore.

So if Thompson had shown him "loyalty" and given him the fifth WR spot, wouldn't that have been a betrayal to 52 other guys, who may well love Ruvell but probably love winning more.

I mean, if Ruvell Martin is so very well liked that he's worth keeping around even though he wouldn't play, just hire him to a meaningless front office job, "Vice President of Team Cameraderie" or something.

SkinBasket
09-08-2009, 02:49 PM
I mean, if Ruvell Martin is so very well liked that he's worth keeping around even though he wouldn't play, just hire him to a meaningless front office job, "Vice President of Team Cameraderie" or something.

http://dannygokeyfansite.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/aaronrogers_dannygokey.jpg

Look at that. Ruvell can even bring athletes and dorks together. He's obviously qualified to run sports shows or gen-con or something.

Cheesehead Craig
09-08-2009, 03:04 PM

http://dannygokeyfansite.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/aaronrogers_dannygokey.jpg

Look at that. Ruvell can even bring athletes and dorks together. He's obviously qualified to run sports shows or gen-con or something.

Working that Garanimals outfit too. He still wears those, now THAT'S loyalty.

sheepshead
09-08-2009, 03:06 PM
He could run for office, he's got that 'look'.

mission
09-08-2009, 03:32 PM
just hire him to a meaningless front office job, "Vice President of Team Cameraderie" or something.

:lol: :lol: i like it ... and great post overall. the great guy sentiment is only worth so much...

Fritz
09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Check out the bling on the dude in the pink shirt! Wow!

vince
09-08-2009, 03:58 PM
The best talent doesn't ALWAYS win out, but unless the best talent is a cancer/character risk, it does. That's clearly not the case here with either Swain or Martin.

Given the coaching staff's obvious experience and expertise over anyone here, understanding of what they are trying to acomplish, and in-depth film study of every play of every practice and game, suggesting they made the wrong choice with any degree of credibility is impossible.

That's as politically correct as I know how to state it.

mraynrand
09-08-2009, 03:59 PM

I would say loyalty is the guy in this forum that still uses the account name "Brohm". That's the sort of love that people write songs about.

What do you know about love?

Freak Out
09-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Where is the loyalty?!?

The only thing Ruvell was "still developing" was his smile. Wanting to keep a football player on the 53 man roster because he's a nice guy is about as smart as keeping a polyp in your colon.

Wasn't he developing his Gene Simmons like tongue still as well?

mraynrand
09-08-2009, 04:02 PM

That's nothing compared to 'Ole Cleedeeus!

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/CleditusBling.jpg

Partial
09-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Where is the loyalty?!?

If you hire a fortune 500 CEO to run Eds Waffle Hut, don't expect it to turn into IHOP over night. You have to look for improvements and see that the business is headed in the right direction.

The Packers have improved, from what I can see, in talent, every year that TT has been at the helm except the first season when he lost a lot of high $ talent for necessary salary cap moves.

I completely disagree.

Scott Campbell
09-08-2009, 05:24 PM

That was Green Day's favorite picture.

Brohm
09-08-2009, 05:58 PM

This Brohm was Brohm before that Brohm was Brohm :shock: No relation :evil:

Why do I feel dirty :(

The Shadow
09-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Where is the loyalty?!?

I agree wholeheartedly.

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2009, 08:02 PM

You can change your legal name for about $75. Free if you are getting married.

Brohm
09-09-2009, 12:03 AM
:P It's just an old gaming name I ran with :shock:

mission
09-09-2009, 12:05 AM
:P It's just an old gaming name I ran with :shock:

Shoulda stuck with the whole "Brian Brohm" thing. A little less embarrassing :P

Brohm
09-09-2009, 12:33 AM
:whaa:

MichiganPackerFan
09-10-2009, 04:05 PM

What happened to Green Day?

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2009, 05:49 PM

What happened to Green Day?

He died and was reincarnated as a character from an Ayn Rand novel.

MOBB DEEP
09-10-2009, 05:59 PM

blast from the past.... JSO ruled!

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2009, 06:38 PM

lets ditch this popsicle stand and migrate back to JSO.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-10-2009, 06:54 PM

lets ditch this popsicle stand and migrate back to JSO.

You can find certain current rat postes over there.

Scott Campbell
09-10-2009, 07:03 PM

You can change your legal name for about $75. Free if you are getting married.

Errr.....my original comment wasn't very football related.