PDA

View Full Version : Ravens have traded CB Derrick Martin to the Packers

pack4to84
09-05-2009, 03:01 PM
http://twitter.com/RavensInsider

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Ravens-traded-cornerback-Derrick-Martin-to-Packers.html

The Baltimore Ravens have traded safety-cornerback Derrick Martin to the Green Bay Packers, according to a league source.

The terms of the compensation haven't been disclosed, but it's likely a 2010 late-round conditional draft pick.

Martin had a strong training camp and preseason, but wasn't slated for much playing time in Baltimore.

He intercepted a pass this preseason.

An athletic former sixth-round draft pick from Wyoming, Martin drew praise from Ravens coach John Harbaugh for his consistency with Harbaugh predicting he had a good chance to make the 53-man roster.

Martin also operates as a gunner on the punt team.

He was sidelined last season on injured reserve, undergoing surgery to repair a torn labrum.

5'10 202

RashanGary
09-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Sweet. I've never liked our backup corners (well documented). I don't like Lee. I don't like Blackmon. Underwood, who knows, but he stinks right now.

Maybe this guy gives us a viable 4th corner after Harris, Woodson and Tramon. Hopefully we traded a player (FB, OL, WR), not a draft pick.

Lurker64
09-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Hopefully we traded a player (FB, OL, WR), not a draft pick.

Agreed. Maybe we gave them Tony Moll? That'd be good.

Farley Face
09-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Sweet. I've never liked our backup corners (well documented). I don't like Lee. I don't like Blackmon. Underwood, who knows, but he stinks right now.

Maybe this guy gives us a viable 4th corner after Harris, Woodson and Tramon. Hopefully we traded a player (FB, OL, WR), not a draft pick.

He was their third string strong safety.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Player_Roster/Depth_Chart.aspx

pack4to84
09-05-2009, 03:07 PM
He is a Safety-cornerback maybe to replace Bush.

RashanGary
09-05-2009, 03:09 PM

I'm hoping he replaces either Lee or Blackmon. Both of those guys stink.

Farley Face
09-05-2009, 03:11 PM
2006 Draft Bio. Sounded like more of a corner than safety coming out.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/20195.html

KYPack
09-05-2009, 03:14 PM
We don't need 7th round picks in next years draft, any more.

We need some back-ups and stud hoss crazy guys for ST.

I endorse this trade 100%.

I am KYPACK.

red
09-05-2009, 03:16 PM

williams looked like shit too. none of the guys besides woodson and harris are worth holding on too

Lurker64
09-05-2009, 03:16 PM
I don't like to give up sixth round picks though, Thompson seems to do really well with those.

MJZiggy
09-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Think of it this way: didn't he get Grant for a 6th?

pack4to84
09-05-2009, 03:18 PM
I've always been a big Derrick Martin fan, and so it's disappointing to see him leave without ever making an impact with us. Good luck to him, though.

I felt Martin has looked good thus far.

Both quotes from Raven fans

pack4to84
09-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Phone chat with Derrick Martin after trade to GB: "I'm excited about the opportunity. I had a blast in Baltimore, but it's time to move on."

More Martin: "I guess Green Bay liked what they saw from me out there. I'm going to play safety, cornerback and special teams."14 minutes ago from web

Farley Face
09-05-2009, 03:23 PM
I don't like to give up sixth round picks though, Thompson seems to do really well with those.

Montgomery, Bragg, Culver, Jolly, Hall, Bishop, Crosby, Wynn, Underwood, and of course Ryan Grant. Not bad.

Fritz
09-05-2009, 03:40 PM

williams looked like shit too. none of the guys besides woodson and harris are worth holding on too

That is a ridiculous statement. Glad you're not the Packers GM.

pack4to84
09-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Packers Trade T Moll To Ravens For DB Martin

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2009/09/05/1/

RashanGary
09-05-2009, 04:04 PM

haha. You just cemented yourself in forum irrelevance.

Lurker64
09-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Packers Trade T Moll To Ravens For DB Martin

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2009/09/05/1/

Hooray!

retailguy
09-05-2009, 04:05 PM

:worship:

vince
09-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Kill two birds with one stone! Keep up the good work Ted.

Pugger
09-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Holy Cow!!!!!!!!! :cow: :tup:

Chevelle2
09-05-2009, 04:09 PM
TT = God.

Seriously tho, this is the most active he has been ever haha. Hopefully we can get Garcia, or Feely. I wanted Jackson, but looks like MIN will keep him as they cut Booty.

wist43
09-05-2009, 04:13 PM
We are definitely lacking depth at CB...

Woodson, Harris, Williams, and a bunch of junk.

Need more than 3 corners in this league.

Pugger
09-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Minny cut Booty??? :shock:

gbpackfan
09-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Looks like we sent Tony Moll to them for this guy. Good trade IMO. Moll sucks ass.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Minny cut Booty??? :shock:

Time for Ted to make a booty call.

Fritz
09-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Looks like we sent Tony Moll to them for this guy. Good trade IMO. Moll sucks ass.

Yes, but if Moll sucks ass, how good do you think the guy they got for him will be??

Badgerinmaine
09-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Here's a short article from the Baltimore Sun on the deal:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravensweb0905,0,7337839.story

Mazzin
09-06-2009, 06:18 PM

How has no one complimented this man on his call? WOW Very impressive lurkie. :)

Good trade in my opinon, Smith looked like he was going to make the team. Guess he DID blow to many assignments to.

rbaloha1
09-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Wonderful trade. Moll has poor feet. Smith gambled too much which is unnecessary in this scheme. Martin should help asap.

Lurker64
09-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Moll is what he is. He's a guy with some athletic ability and experience that can play a lot of positions on the line, but none of them particularly well, and is prone to mistakes. He could be a useful backup on some teams, but he's about a grade C player at three or four positions. He's a guy who could get better, but is unlikely to get much better.

He's not complete trash though, and I could see why the Ravens would want him. He'll probably have a longer career in the NFL than most.

RashanGary
09-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Moll is what he is. He's a guy with some athletic ability and experience that can play a lot of positions on the line, but none of them particularly well, and is prone to mistakes. He could be a useful backup on some teams, but he's about a grade C player at three or four positions. He's a guy who could get better, but is unlikely to get much better.

He's not complete trash though, and I could see why the Ravens would want him. He'll probably have a longer career in the NFL than most.

I agree. This is Moll's 4th year in the league and he's no where near leaving IMO. If he keeps working hard and getting more fundamentally sound, he could have an 8+ year NFL career. Not shabby at all.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-06-2009, 08:53 PM

I agree. This is Moll's 4th year in the league and he's no where near leaving IMO. If he keeps working hard and getting more fundamentally sound, he could have an 8+ year NFL career. Not shabby at all.

Even if he doesn't work hard or ever improve, he can still bounce around for several years.

Guiness
09-06-2009, 09:15 PM
TT = God.

Seriously tho, this is the most active he has been ever haha. Hopefully we can get Garcia, or Feely. I wanted Jackson, but looks like MIN will keep him as they cut Booty.

What? Booty's gone?

Guess someone had to go...but talk about mortgaging the future. Did he show THAT little?

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2009, 10:12 PM
What? Booty's gone?

Guess someone had to go...but talk about mortgaging the future. Did he show THAT little?

He was a late round pick. I don't think the Vikes ever counted on him being the QB of the future.

Lurker64
09-06-2009, 10:41 PM
What? Booty's gone?

He was a late round pick. I don't think the Vikes ever counted on him being the QB of the future.

Plus he's an offensive skill player from USC, that's not a group that's had much success in recent memory.

MOBB DEEP
09-07-2009, 02:22 PM
TT = God.

QFT

mission
09-07-2009, 02:38 PM
What? Booty's gone?

Plus he's an offensive skill player from USC, that's not a group that's had much success in recent memory.

Ya, no use developing anyone from that pedigree...