PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mr. oregonpackfan

Jimx29
09-06-2009, 12:24 AM
40% of your duck stuffs: http://www.eoregonsports.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=009&DEPT=1192655024&CAT=1192655783&BACK=A0007A1B01192655024B1

oregonpackfan
09-06-2009, 12:47 AM
You do know why the #9 jerseys are 40% off, I trust?

That number belonged to LaGarrett Blount, the Duck tailback who went ballistic after the loss to Boise State last Thursday night and got suspended for the rest of the season.

Because he is a senior, that suspension marks the end of his collegiate career.

Before the Boise State game, NFL scouts predicted he might be drafted in the early second round if this season went like last season. Now that he has been suspended for his horrific post-game behaviors, he probably will not even be drafted.

MJZiggy
09-06-2009, 06:08 AM
I saw that on Friday. Stupid, stupid, STUPID!!

Scott Campbell
09-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Boise State has a ridiculously good football program. I'd love to see the Mountain West conference add them.

HowardRoark
09-06-2009, 08:05 AM
Video of punch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0kk-LQ5IgI

oregonpackfan
09-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Boise State has a ridiculously good football program. I'd love to see the Mountain West conference add them.

Blount's punch and post-game antics overshadowed how completely Boise State dominated the Ducks.

The Ducks did not even get a first down until 7:07 remaining in the third quarter! The 19-8 score is very deceptive as it easily could have been 40-8. Boise State missed two field goals, botched a third field goal attempt and fumbled away the ball twice. The Ducks simply could not take advantage of those turnovers.

The BSU's defense was scappy and relentless.

pbmax
09-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Am I the only person who thinks Boise State's player was taunting and should have been suspended himself? Even his own coach tried to pull him away from doing something stupid.

One game for Mr Boise. The Duck player probably got what he deserved, but it takes two to tango.

]{ilr]3
09-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Am I the only person who thinks Boise State's player was taunting and should have been suspended himself? Even his own coach tried to pull him away from doing something stupid.

One game for Mr Boise. The Duck player probably got what he deserved, but it takes two to tango.

I agree, he should be punished as well. Not as severly, but he definantly taunted him into that punch.

Jimx29
09-06-2009, 11:06 PM
You do know why the #9 jerseys are 40% off, I trust?

That number belonged to LaGarrett Blount, the Duck tailback who went ballistic after the loss to Boise State last Thursday night and got suspended for the rest of the season.

Because he is a senior, that suspension marks the end of his collegiate career.

Before the Boise State game, NFL scouts predicted he might be drafted in the early second round if this season went like last season. Now that he has been suspended for his horrific post-game behaviors, he probably will not even be drafted.I smell collectors item.

oregonpackfan
09-06-2009, 11:28 PM

While the BSU player was taunting Blount by tapping him on the shoulder and saying something derogatory, what he did pales in comparison to what Blount did:

1.Blount threw a punch landing on the jaw of the BSU player.

2. Blount punched the head of a Duck teammate who was trying to calm him down(Fortunately, the teammate was still wearing his helmet at the time of the punch).

3. When a Duck assistant coach bear-hugged Blount in an effort to protect Blount from himself, he broke the hold and tried to go after fans in the stands.

4. Blount fought off efforts from a deputy sherriff and two security guards to calm him down.

Unconfirmed reports claimed that Blount shoved to the floor two other teammates in the lockerroom as well as tossed several chairs.

Yes, the BSU player was wrong to taunt Blount but to suspend him? I don't think so.

To Blount's credit, he later agreed to meet with reporters and issued what appeared to be a genuine, remorsefu, apology. The damage was already done. Coach Kelly was right to suspend him for the rest of the season, IMO.

Kelly did not throw Blount "Under the Bus." Blount will retain his scholarship and be allowed to practice the rest of the season with his teammates. He just cannot play in any more games or any potential bowl game.

Hopefully, Blount will use the opportunity to pursue his academic studies and stay in shape for the NFL draft next spring.

Jimx29
09-07-2009, 01:59 AM
roidrage? :?:

MadtownPacker
09-09-2009, 10:22 PM
I wonder if TT will take him in the 7th round after trading down for the next to last pick.

Gunakor
09-10-2009, 04:28 AM
Blount will retain his scholarship and be allowed to practice the rest of the season with his teammates. He just cannot play in any more games or any potential bowl game.

What's the point of allowing him to practice for the remainder of the season if he is ineligible to play in any more games? This is his final year of eligibility, so his career is over. Practice does him no good, there's nothing to practice for. Does Blount actually have something to gain from participating in practice knowing he'll never get into a game for the Ducks again?

mraynrand
09-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Does Blount actually have something to gain from participating in practice knowing he'll never get into a game for the Ducks again?

It will prepare him for his future on an NFL practice squad.

oregonpackfan
09-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Blount will retain his scholarship and be allowed to practice the rest of the season with his teammates. He just cannot play in any more games or any potential bowl game.

What's the point of allowing him to practice for the remainder of the season if he is ineligible to play in any more games? This is his final year of eligibility, so his career is over. Practice does him no good, there's nothing to practice for. Does Blount actually have something to gain from participating in practice knowing he'll never get into a game for the Ducks again?

As I stated earlier, Blount has pre-season projections to be a high second round draft pick for 2010.

Last year, he set a school record of 17 rushing touchdowns in a season.

If he stays in shaped by participating in practices, it could help him salvage an NFL career

More importantly, he retains his scholarship. If he attends classes, perhaps he can earn a degree. Even if he makes it to the NFL, he someday will have to fall back on getting a "real job."

Gunakor
09-12-2009, 05:00 AM

As I stated earlier, Blount has pre-season projections to be a high second round draft pick for 2010.

If he stays in shaped by participating in practices, it could help him salvage an NFL career

More importantly, he retains his scholarship. If he attends classes, perhaps he can earn a degree. Even if he makes it to the NFL, he someday will have to fall back on getting a "real job."

Would he be allowed to retain his scholarship even if he did not participate in practice? I agree that he deserves a shot at a degree and a future, and I too think that scholarship is important so he gets that shot. I don't agree that the university should be obligated to help him in his endeavor at a football future any longer, however.

mraynrand
04-28-2011, 05:05 PM

What happened to Blount? What happened to OPF?

Iron Mike
04-28-2011, 06:56 PM
What happened to Blount?

http://www.nfl.com/players/legarretteblount/profile?id=BLO626278

What happened to OPF?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZT01xeO3Ex4/TDcN0DqPpEI/AAAAAAAAC_Q/dICRjEVcCJo/s200/Sgt-Schultz-I-Know-Nothing.jpg

MJZiggy
04-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Yikes. I owe him an e-mail.