PDA

View Full Version : Richard Seymour Sent To Raiders

pbmax
09-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Belicheck must be really mad at him (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/06/report-pats-shipping-richard-seymour-to-oakland/) :lol:

Does anyone else sense a New York Yankees/St. Louis Browns vibe here between the Raiders and Patriots? Every trade works out for the Patriots, and the Raiders get worse.

PFT speculates that this will allow them to resign Vince Wilfork.

Lurker64
09-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Wow, it's not often a team with championship aspirations trades what's approximately their third best player.

I suppose it makes sense, since that pick can almost certainly be used to pick Seymour's replacement as the upcoming draft is loaded with defensive tackle talent (by my count there's about 14 guys who could go in the first round). But still... they're not going to get better on defense this year...

Since the Raiders are bad, and have a nightmarish schedule, that probably puts them in position to grab Ndamukong Suh, Arthur Jones, Jared Odrick, or Vince Oghobaase all of whom would make great 5-technique players in a 2-gap system. I'm really high on Arthur Jones, but he's not a proven commodity like Richard Seymour, so I dunno.

RashanGary
09-06-2009, 11:44 AM
The Patriots seem to believe next years draft is going to be really deep. They keep adding draft pick after draft pick in next years draft. They are probably going to start with 7 picks in the first 2 rounds.

Scott Campbell
09-06-2009, 11:50 AM
It's a 2011 pick.

oregonpackfan
09-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Sent to the Raiders? Talk about the "Kiss of Death" as far as your career goes.

This season the Raiders may win fewer games than the Lions. :roll:

gbgary
09-06-2009, 12:16 PM

maybe they'll tell him sign now or we'll trade your ass too.

Lurker64
09-06-2009, 12:18 PM

maybe they'll tell him sign now or we'll trade your ass too.

Well the Patriots were in a tough spot as they had three key starters entering free agency next year: Wilfork, Seymour, and Mankins. They could probably only afford to resign two of the three.

mraynrand
09-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Sent to the Raiders? Talk about the "Kiss of Death" as far as your career goes.

This season the Raiders may win fewer games than the Lions. :roll:

What's less than Zero? The Answer is None, none more less than zero.

http://www.cycledealia.co.uk/userimages/nigel-tufnel-spinal-tap.jpg

Unless, you're less than zero, of course

http://moviechopshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/less-than-zero-cover.jpg

P.S. I don't think the Raiders are going to be that bad this year. 8 wins at least.

mraynrand
09-06-2009, 12:27 PM
dp

Lurker64
09-06-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't think the Raiders are going to be that bad this year. 8 wins at least.

Have you seen their schedule? It's murderous. Outside of the divisional games against teams not named "Chargers" and their assigned tussles with the Browns and Jaguars, they play New England, Jets, Giants, Philadelphia, Miami, Dallas, Washington, and Buffalo. I think that's eight losses right there.

Though, of course, since it's a 2011 pick that the Pats got, who knows where it'll be. Al Davis could die before week 12 this year and the rebirth of the Raiders into a competent football organization could be rapid.

digitaldean
09-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Just heard this on ESPN radio... :shock:

Holy crap, what'd Seymour do, make a move on Belichick's woman or something??

Talk about being sent to the Siberia of the current NFL teams. WOW

boiga
09-06-2009, 12:57 PM
I don't know why you guys are feeling so sorry for the guy.

Oakland is a great place for older players to be overpaid while they decline physically. He wasn't going to get a new contract with the Pats, so this way he'll cash in while he still can.

The perks are great too. No pressure from coaches/owners to make any effort. No expectation to show up for offseason workouts. Life is easy for the Raiders players. It's like semi-retirement with a profootball level salary.

We should all be so lucky.