PDA

View Full Version : IR

KYPack
09-06-2009, 01:32 PM
The "spirit" of the IR list is that the person placed on it is somewhat seriously injured.

The Packers placed 4 on the list.

DE Justin Harrell (back)
CB Pat Lee (knee)
S Charlie Peprah (knee)
& TE Evan Moore. (Finger?)

Moore has been playing for a month, but a club spokesman said Moore's injury was one that he suffered early in camp. Isn't IR'ing a player with that minor an injury, kind of a violation of what IR is supposed to be used for?

I asked how many players you can place on IR earlier. Could you put 10 guys on it, or something?

Tarlam!
09-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Where the fuck is Patler? He knows about all this shit.

Lurker64
09-06-2009, 01:53 PM
I think the plan with Peprah and Moore is to have them "waived as injured" after the team can negotiate an injury settlement. If this is the case, the Packers (or any team) would be able to sign them after week 6. Maybe there's an exemption to the IR list that give you time to negotiate injury settlements for players who don't have major injuries, but are injured and you were going to waive them anyway?

Fred's Slacks
09-06-2009, 02:16 PM
May be talking out my backside here but I don't think there is any limit to the people you can IR. So then why not fake a bunch of injuries and IR everyone instead of cutting you ask? I think people on IR still count fully against the cap. So its not practical. But you can put someone like Moore on there until you can negotiate a settlement.

pbmax
09-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Brandt said they do spot checks for IR qualifying and in his time in Green Bay they had seen the spot checker once.

Little Whiskey
09-06-2009, 03:23 PM
I think Harrell has spent more time on the IR than in a uniform. is this his 3rd year on IR?

rbaloha1
09-06-2009, 04:46 PM
I think Harrell has spent more time on the IR than in a uniform. is this his 3rd year on IR?

Unfortunately the Packers already invested $7.1 million. Must place on ir.

wist43
09-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Harrell is a bust... as some of us have been saying for a while.

Lee is a bust too... can't play. IR is just to stash him. Both of these guys will be on the street next year.

pbmax
09-06-2009, 05:52 PM

Not a complete waste. Think of it as Professional Development for the Medical and Training Staffs. :lol:

rbaloha1
09-06-2009, 06:12 PM

Not a complete waste. Think of it as Professional Development for the Medical and Training Staffs. :lol:

Okay. Maybe the next time a harrell situation occurs the medical staff is prepared.

Guiness
09-07-2009, 01:21 AM
Even odds JH gets an injury settlement, and is cut loose?

I can't see the Pack having too much more patience with this guy.

Tarlam!
09-07-2009, 04:25 AM

Not according to TT. Said he's a good kid, hard worker etc. I'd be surprised if they settle him out.

Little Whiskey
09-07-2009, 04:28 AM

Not according to TT. Said he's a good kid, hard worker etc. I'd be surprised if they settle him out.

how many downs has he played? even if you include preseason. I can't believe its more than a handful.

Tarlam!
09-07-2009, 04:37 AM

how many downs has he played? even if you include preseason. I can't believe its more than a handful.

Can't argue with that, just repeating what TT said.

oregonpackfan
09-07-2009, 12:07 PM

Sorry, PackerRats, but I have to agree 100% with Wist.

About a year ago, I called Harrell a bust and PackerRats jumped all over me. He is simply a wasted first round draft pick.

MJZiggy
09-07-2009, 12:11 PM
I'd like to differ, but how can you argue if he so rarely sees the field?

Brando19
09-07-2009, 12:12 PM

Sorry, PackerRats, but I have to agree 100% with Wist.

About a year ago, I called Harrell a bust and PackerRats jumped all over me. He is simply a wasted first round draft pick.

What? How dare you call Harrell a wasted first round draft pick!!! :lol:

Fritz
09-07-2009, 01:11 PM
He's close to being a bust, but he gets next year.

If he plays and plays well, okay. If he doesn't play or plays poorly or plays and gets hurt, he's a bust.

Next year is it for the guy.