PDA

View Full Version : Guess Hawks contract :)

Tony Oday
07-24-2006, 12:59 AM
I say 5 year 35 million, 13 million guarenteed

RashanGary
07-24-2006, 01:50 AM
5 years 24 million with 17 gauranteed.

Rastak
07-24-2006, 06:54 AM
5 year, 32 mil with 17 gauranteed.

woodbuck27
07-24-2006, 07:38 AM
Four (4) Years - $28 Million with $14 Million guranteed.

woodbuck27
07-24-2006, 07:45 AM
5 years 24 million with 11 gauranteed.

Your morphing back to being Ted Thompson again Greg (ALA) Nick Collins. :mrgreen:

No way we get him signed for less than $7 Million per year.It definitely will take 4 or 5 year's at between $28 and $35 Million Big One's - and about half of it guranteed.

KYPack
07-24-2006, 10:55 AM
5 years 22.5 million with 12 mil gauranteed

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-24-2006, 11:01 AM
6 years 34 mil, 12 mil gauranteed

Deputy Nutz
07-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Kameron Wimbely signed a 6 year deal worth 23 million with 9 million in guarantees

So with Wimbely being the 13th pick overall, you can expect that Hawk is going to get over 30 million with over 12 of that being guarantees.

So my prediction is this,

Hawk is going to get a 6 year deal with the 6th year going to be an optional year that can be voided if Hawk meets certain requirements.

Hawk will get 14 million in guarantees. Hawk will get somewhere in the neighborhood of an 8 million dollar signing bonus before he even steps on the field.

His total worth of his contract is going to be 32 million dollars.

1st year = 525,000 dollars
2nd year = 2,000,000 dollars
3rd year = 2,500,000 dollars
4th year = 3,500,000 dollars
5th year = 4,475,000 dollars
6th year = 5,000,000 dollars

woodbuck27
07-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Kameron Wimbely signed a 6 year deal worth 23 million with 9 million in guarantees

So with Wimbely being the 13th pick overall, you can expect that Hawk is going to get over 30 million with over 12 of that being guarantees.

Hawk is going to get a 6 year deal with the 6th year going to be an optional year that can be voided if Hawk meets certain requirements.

Hawk will get 14 million in guarantees. Hawk will get somewhere in the neighborhood of an 8 million dollar signing bonus before he even steps on the field.

Well thought out but I believe it will be a four year deal with the fifth year as an option for Hawk to get out.

Your dollars /season look low Nutz, considering the status of AJ Hawk and the position in which we picked him.

This may have been the finest and ready to go - built in College player in the draft..[/b]

My four year proposal and using your numbers Nutz and say a $10 Million signing Bonus, brings the total value of the contract - excluding the 5th year option to $18.525 Million dollars.

I believe that is low as his contract will average out to about 6-7 million per year over the decided upon length of the contract. AJ Hawk wants to win a Super Bowl, and he won't lock himself into OUR TEAM, with all the needs we are going to experience at the end of this season.

Without Brett Favre there will be a strong argument for us being the WORST team in the NFL.

OS PA
07-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Hawk will recieve a 5 year contract, 33 Million 16 guaranteed, 9 Million Signing Bonus

1st Year - 4.0 Million
2nd Year - 3.2 Million
3rd Year - 3.0 Million
4th year - 3.0 Million
5th Year - 2.8 Million

We've got alot of cap right now so why not pay him now and keep him cheap later?

MadtownPacker
07-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Not sure about the $$$ but I say a 5 year contract with the last year voidable.

Merlin
07-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Hawk will recieve a 5 year contract, 33 Million 16 guaranteed, 9 Million Signing Bonus

1st Year - 4.0 Million
2nd Year - 3.2 Million
3rd Year - 3.0 Million
4th year - 3.0 Million
5th Year - 2.8 Million

We've got alot of cap right now so why not pay him now and keep him cheap later?

Never known the Packer's to pay 4 Mil for the first season to a rookie. It will be around 1 mil for the first year and go up from there. The signing bonus is the key. If they were smart they would offer a HUGE contract with lot's of escalators. Something like 60 mil for 6 years. BUT, only guarantee about 6 mil.

Never liked the idea that someone can get rich just because they got picked in the draft. If he never plays a down and you guarantee more then 6 mil, you aren't very bright.

Spaulding
07-24-2006, 12:20 PM
5yr deal with option for sixth (where the Packers wanted 6yr contract and Hawk's agent wants the flexibility of a 5yr) for 34.5 million with 15 million being guaranteed and an option on the sixth for around 7 million.

Deputy Nutz
07-24-2006, 01:05 PM

Well thought out but I believe it will be a four year deal with the fifth year as an option for Hawk to get out.

Your dollars /season look low Nutz, considering the status of AJ Hawk and the position in which we picked him.

This may have been the finest and ready to go - built in College player in the draft..[/b]

My four year proposal and using your numbers Nutz and say a $10 Million signing Bonus, brings the total value of the contract - excluding the 5th year option to $18.525 Million dollars.

I believe that is low as his contract will average out to about 6-7 million per year over the decided upon length of the contract. AJ Hawk wants to win a Super Bowl, and he won't lock himself into OUR TEAM, with all the needs we are going to experience at the end of this season.

Without Brett Favre there will be a strong argument for us being the WORST team in the NFL.

Woody, go look at other rookie contracts, and then come back and critique me. The Packers almost always get a five year deal with their number one pick in the draft. So far everyone that has signed in this years draft has gotten 6 year deal with the 6 year as either a team option or a player option

I saw something pretty interesting the 2005 draft
take a look and see if you see the same thing, I will be amazed if it happens this year with rookie contracts

49ers
QB Alex Smith
July 25
6 years, $49.5 million ($24 million guaranteed)

Dolphins
RB Ronnie Brown
Aug. 15
5 years, $33.67 million ($19.58 million guaranteed)

Browns
WR Braylon Edwards
Aug. 10
5 years, up to $40 million ($18 million guaranteed)

Bears
RB Cedric Benson
Aug. 28
5 years, $35 million ($18 million guaranteed)

Buccaneers
RB Carnell Williams
July 29
5 years, $19.1 million ($15.1 million guaranteed)

Titans
CB Pacman Jones
Aug. 17
5 years, $18.5 million ($13.6 million guaranteed)

Vikings
WR Troy Williamson
Aug. 1
5 years, $15.75 million ($13.3 million guaranteed)

Cardinals
CB Antrel Rolle
Aug. 9
6 years, up to $43 million ($13.6 million guaranteed)

Redskins
CB Carlos Rogers
Aug. 2
5 years, $13 million ($11.26 million guaranteed)

Lions
WR Mike Williams
Aug. 1
5 years, $13.5 million ($10.5 million guaranteed)

Did you see it? Payment for the top 4 players were all above 30 million dollars in total, then the 5th pick, Carnell Willams signed for 19 million dollars almost 17 million less than Cedric Benson. Although 15 million out of his 19 million was guaranteed. Thats absolutely crazy. I can see why guys don't want to sign their deals until they see what others a head of them and right behind them get.

Zool
07-24-2006, 01:43 PM
So we only get to spend $6.5mil total on all 12 guys right? Hard to sign the 3 second rounders if we tie up $4mil this year in one guy. I have no guess, just questioning.

RashanGary
07-24-2006, 01:45 PM
I looked at CAddy's #'s and added 10% for the cap increase. I didn't realize Caddy had 15 gauranteed. If I could take it back, I would keep it the same with 17 guaranteed. I'm gonna change it cuz my original intention was just to add 10% to caddy's #'s.

Deputy Nutz
07-24-2006, 01:53 PM
I still don't understand the huge drop off from 35 million to 19 million

would someone themselves 16 million short just so they could have 15 million guaranteed? That just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Zool
07-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Alot of it could be roster bonuses and incentive bonuses. Much of it is probably player or team option years with big bonuses built in to make it look larger. That way the next guy gets to sign for more, and the guy after him even more.

BallHawk
07-24-2006, 02:41 PM
5 years, 29 million, 12 gauranteed.

KYPack
07-24-2006, 05:50 PM

Woody, go look at other rookie contracts, and then come back and critique me. The Packers almost always get a five year deal with their number one pick in the draft. So far everyone that has signed in this years draft has gotten 6 year deal with the 6 year as either a team option or a player option

I saw something pretty interesting the 2005 draft
take a look and see if you see the same thing, I will be amazed if it happens this year with rookie contracts

49ers
QB Alex Smith
July 25
6 years, $49.5 million ($24 million guaranteed)

Dolphins
RB Ronnie Brown
Aug. 15
5 years, $33.67 million ($19.58 million guaranteed)

Browns
WR Braylon Edwards
Aug. 10
5 years, up to $40 million ($18 million guaranteed)

Bears
RB Cedric Benson
Aug. 28
5 years, $35 million ($18 million guaranteed)

Buccaneers
RB Carnell Williams
July 29
5 years, $19.1 million ($15.1 million guaranteed)

Titans
CB Pacman Jones
Aug. 17
5 years, $18.5 million ($13.6 million guaranteed)

Vikings
WR Troy Williamson
Aug. 1

Cardinals
CB Antrel Rolle
Aug. 9
6 years, up to $43 million ($13.6 million guaranteed)

Redskins
CB Carlos Rogers
Aug. 2
5 years, $13 million ($11.26 million guaranteed)

Lions
WR Mike Williams
Aug. 1
5 years, $13.5 million ($10.5 million guaranteed)

Did you see it? Payment for the top 4 players were all above 30 million dollars in total, then the 5th pick, Carnell Willams signed for 19 million dollars almost 17 million less than Cedric Benson. Although 15 million out of his 19 million was guaranteed. Thats absolutely crazy. I can see why guys don't want to sign their deals until they see what others a head of them and right behind them get.

Nutz,

I've gone by the numbers in the Packer's cap site.

This is how they make out Cadillac's contract:

A five-year, $19.1 million contract signed by the fifth pick in 2005, running back Carnell Williams of Tampa Bay. Williams received $11.65 million in his first year, including a signing bonus of $2.9 million, an option bonus of $5 million, $1.75 million in base salary and roster bonus, and $2 million in easily earned incentives.

Your numbers seem higher, where'd you gettum?

Deputy Nutz
07-24-2006, 05:54 PM
I got them from Pro Football Weekly. I don't see the difference in total salary with your numbers compared to mine. Unless you are talking about the guarantees.

Rastak
07-24-2006, 06:22 PM
I got them from Pro Football Weekly. I don't see the difference in total salary with your numbers compared to mine. Unless you are talking about the guarantees.

I think the confusion is that some of the contract was easily attainable escallators. I thought his deal was basically in the upper 20 million range.

Rastak
07-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Some relevent info from PFT.com

HUFF COULD EARN $42 MILLION

A league source tells us that the contract to be signed by defensive back Michael Huff in Oakland has a "real" base value of $26.5 million over five years, with escalators and other incentives that could push the deal to more than $42 million.

And although it's a five-year deal, there's an option bonus that picks up the sixth year, with a term that can void the deal back to five based on performance.

Joemailman
07-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Hawk's contract will be...bigger than mine.

GrnBay007
07-24-2006, 07:07 PM
Hawk's contract will be...bigger than mine.

But I bet your health insurance premium is cheaper than his. :wink:

woodbuck27
07-24-2006, 08:53 PM

A league source tells us that the contract to be signed by defensive back Michael Huff in Oakland has a "real" base value of $26.5 million over five years, with escalators and other incentives that could push the deal to more than $42 million.

And although it's a five-year deal, there's an option bonus that picks up the sixth year, with a term that can void the deal back to five based on performance. Rastak

With Raiders defensive back Michael Huff agreeing to a five-year deal as the No. 7 overall pick in the draft, the real question is whether picks No. 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, and 16 will now refuse to ink six-year packages.

Under the new CBA, picks No. 1 through No. 16 may sign a rookie deal with a maximum length of six years. For picks No. 17 through 32, the longest possible duration is five years.

Browns linebacker Kamerion Wimbley signed, in essence, a six-year deal as the No. 13 overall pick. There is talk in league circles that one of the major sticking points between the Eagles and defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley, the No. 14 selection, is that the team wants a six-year deal.

Huff's contract gives plenty of ammunition for Brodrick and the others drafted after him who hope to hold firm at five years.

Incidently, the rumor is that Michael Huff Oakland's 7th pick - got $15 million in guaranteed money in a real based value deal - worth $22 million to $26.5 million.

Rastak
07-24-2006, 09:28 PM

And although it's a five-year deal, there's an option bonus that picks up the sixth year, with a term that can void the deal back to five based on performance. Rastak

With Raiders defensive back Michael Huff agreeing to a five-year deal as the No. 7 overall pick in the draft, the real question is whether picks No. 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, and 16 will now refuse to ink six-year packages.

Under the new CBA, picks No. 1 through No. 16 may sign a rookie deal with a maximum length of six years. For picks No. 17 through 32, the longest possible duration is five years.

Browns linebacker Kamerion Wimbley signed, in essence, a six-year deal as the No. 13 overall pick. There is talk in league circles that one of the major sticking points between the Eagles and defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley, the No. 14 selection, is that the team wants a six-year deal.

Huff's contract gives plenty of ammunition for Brodrick and the others drafted after him who hope to hold firm at five years.

Incidently, the rumor is that Michael Huff Oakland's 7th pick - got $15 million in guaranteed money in a real based value deal - worth $22 million to $26.5 million.

Yea Woody, I think that gauranteed money is the thing that could affect Hawk. I still say 17mil in gauranteed money.

HarveyWallbangers
07-24-2006, 10:00 PM
What did Williamson make last year at #7?

Rastak
07-24-2006, 10:02 PM
What did Williamson make last year at #7?

Boy, I'm not sure. I checked Cadillac since he was the #5 last year....I'll check.

edit:

edit #2: And I can't wait to see what he can do this year. He has a few faults but he sure can accelerate.

Rastak
07-25-2006, 06:13 AM

From press gazzette today.....

The Packers' biggest obstacle between now and Friday will be to get a deal done with Hawk, who was taken with the fifth overall pick. The Packers haven't had a first-round pick in camp on time in the last three years, and it will be no small accomplishment for Thompson to break that streak with Hawk.

Signing Hawk will be costly for the Packers. Running back Carnell Williams, who the Tampa Bay Buccaneers took with the fifth pick in 2005, signed a five-year, $30 million contract that included $13 million in bonuses. Hawk likely will command a similar contract.

KYPack
07-25-2006, 10:53 AM

Yeah, I was.

I've seen different gar. amounts.

I think some of the sites include the first year's salary in the gar amount.

It really isn't gar. $, they could cut the guy in the first season of the contract. It's only happened once, but it could happen.

Deputy Nutz
07-25-2006, 11:23 AM
The Packers' biggest obstacle between now and Friday will be to get a deal done with Hawk, who was taken with the fifth overall pick. The Packers haven't had a first-round pick in camp on time in the last three years, and it will be no small accomplishment for Thompson to break that streak with Hawk.

Signing Hawk will be costly for the Packers. Running back Carnell Williams, who the Tampa Bay Buccaneers took with the fifth pick in 2005, signed a five-year, $30 million contract that included $13 million in bonuses. Hawk likely will command a similar contract. [/quote]

Well Profootballweekly.com sort of sucks. Anyways, this isn't totally true, the Packers have gotten their picks in like the day training camp starts. I thought the Packers have always done a reasonable job with getting their rookies into camp with a timely manner. The last real long hold out that I remember was Ross Verba.

Tony Oday
07-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Walk up to him and just say 9.5% over last years number 5 contract sound good? Hawk would say, " I want a bonus for every head I rip off of a RB." TT would say," sure." done deal.

Sign him NOW not later NOW call him TT I know you look at this site!!!! CALL HIM NOW!!!!!

Rastak
07-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Tony was pretty close.....

edit: MD correctly guessed the years.....

Deputy Nutz
07-28-2006, 05:03 PM

Well I am no agent, but I thought I got pretty damn close to his payday. Granted he didn't get a big signing bonuse but I got the bonus money or the guarantee money down. His first year salary is lower than expect as well as his signing bonus.

Some of you were adament about Hawk not signing a 6 year deal, while I said all along it was going to be no less than 6 years with an option for the last year.

FRIDAY, July 28, 2006, 4:45 p.m.
By by Tom Silverstein

A.J. Hawk is soon to be a rich man.

The Green Bay Packers' first-round draft choice agreed to terms on a six-year contract, his agent said Friday afternoon. The deal guarantees that the Packers will have their top pick in camp on the first weekend of training camp and alleviates any concerns that he would fall behind in learning the defensive system.

Agent Mike McCartney, who would not reveal specifics of the contract, said Hawk was at his Green Bay home and would report as soon as the final language in the contract was completed. Hawk probably won't take part in the opening practice slated to begin at 6:30 tonight but should be on the field Saturday barring any unforessen circumstances.

The deal Hawk agreed to is worth $37.5 million, according to a source with access to NFL Players Association salary data. It includes roughly $15 million in guaranteed money, most of which will be paid in an option bonus in March.

Hawk agreed to forgo a big signing bonus in order to allow more money to be written in over the course of the entire contract. He will receive a roster bonus of $1.91 million next week and base salary of $230,000. His big payday will come next March when he receives an option bonus of $11.8 million.

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Dam, I was only 3 mil off the total.