PDA

View Full Version : Movie Recommendation

oregonpackfan
09-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Hey Guys,

If you want to score points with your wives or girlfriends, take her to the movie Julie and Julia. It has two true stories about the life of Julia Child and a young writer who tries to emulate her cooking skills.

Meryl Streep plays Julia Child and does an incredible acting performance. Her voice, posture, mannerisms imitate Child's remarkably well. The movie shows how Child was not a natural cook but had to work on developing those skills. It also showed her tenacity as publisher after publisher turned down her book until one company finally took a chance on her work. Needless to say, her first book became a worldwide best-seller.

Yes, it is a bit of a "Chick Flick" but your wives will love you for taking her to see it.

MJZiggy
09-07-2009, 12:58 PM
I've further heard the caution that you MUST have popcorn or food while watching this movie...

mraynrand
09-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes, it is a bit of a "Chick Flick" but your wives will love you for taking her to see it.

Pay attention, Scott Campbell.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanx Captain Obvious.

Scott Campbell
09-07-2009, 05:53 PM

You're right - all my wives loved it.

Brando19
09-07-2009, 06:41 PM
My wife talked me into taking her to All About Steve last night. A little warning to the guys.....STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THIS MOVIE!

MJZiggy
09-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Why exactly.

CaptainKickass
09-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Why exactly.

Does that mean:

1. "Why, EXACTLY!"

or

2. Why, Exactly?

:twisted:

Brando19
09-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Why exactly.

It sucks. Sandra Bullock plays a dumb bimbo in the movie like reese witherspoon in legally blonde. It's a goofy movie with very few funny parts.

MJZiggy
09-08-2009, 05:55 AM
Why exactly.

Does that mean:

1. "Why, EXACTLY!"

or

2. Why, Exactly?

:twisted:

2. Good thing Brando's intuitive enough to get my meaning, huh?

Deputy Nutz
09-10-2009, 01:15 AM
Take anyone you know to Inglorious Basterds.

I find it so very good, I peed a little.

MichiganPackerFan
09-10-2009, 08:09 AM

Absolutely. GREAT film. Saw it in an older theater with a alightly shaky screen and waning audio that served drinks. Perfect setting.

CaptainKickass
09-10-2009, 02:12 PM

Absolutely. GREAT film. Saw it in an older theater with a alightly shaky screen and waning audio that served drinks. Perfect setting.

OR -

Perhaps the fact that you were consuming the aforementioned "drinks" (assuming they were of the alcoholic variety) played a participating role in creating the illusion of "a slightly shaky screen and waning audio ".

Hmmmm?

Either way, I still have to agree.

Pefect setting.

MichiganPackerFan
09-10-2009, 03:40 PM

OR -

Perhaps the fact that you were consuming the aforementioned "drinks" (assuming they were of the alcoholic variety) played a participating role in creating the illusion of "a slightly shaky screen and waning audio ".

Hmmmm?

Either way, I still have to agree.

Pefect setting.

Actually just had the one mandatory drink, and at about $7-$9 per beer, I wasn't considering a second!!! Theater reminded me of the one I went to in the small town I lived in growing up. Really cool.