PDA

View Full Version : The Official Ruvell Martin Watch Thread

Tyrone Bigguns
09-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Day 4 and Ruvell is still picking and choosing which team best suites him.

boiga
09-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Ruvell's a vet now, right? So odds are good he'll be picked up after the first game to avoid the guaranteed yearly salary.

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Day 4 and Ruvell is still picking and choosing which team best suites him.

:lol:

cruel

Tyrone Bigguns
09-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Ruvell's a vet now, right? So odds are good he'll be picked up after the first game to avoid the guaranteed yearly salary.

didn't seem to stop anthony smith from signing.

Zool
09-08-2009, 08:13 PM

Actually they picked him up before he cleared waivers. So he got his GB contract picked up.

]{ilr]3
09-08-2009, 08:20 PM
So what happens if he goes to the Bears or the Vikings? He could be a #2 & #3 respectively on those team.

Personally I would hate that as he seemed to be a decent guy. Not a turd who bitched and moaned liked a jilted school girl when they werent resigned like Sharper and Longwell.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-08-2009, 08:33 PM

Actually they picked him up before he cleared waivers. So he got his GB contract picked up.

Facts. Means nothing.

Didn't Ruvell have a contract?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-08-2009, 08:43 PM
{ilr]3]So what happens if he goes to the Bears or the Vikings? He could be a #2 & #3 respectively on those team.

Personally I would hate that as he seemed to be a decent guy. Not a turd who bitched and moaned liked a jilted school girl when they werent resigned like Sharper and Longwell.

You are freaking high. He would be lucky to be a 4 or a 5 on either of those squads.

vikings:

Ruvell < Berrian
Ruvell < Harvin
Ruvell < Rice
Ruvell < Wade

Bears:

Ruvell < Rashied Davis
Ruvell < Hester
Ruvell < Iglesias

Unknown whether he is better than earl bennett, but Bennett was 3rd round pick. Doubtful he is better than Bennett.

Lurker64
09-08-2009, 09:00 PM
My guess is that he ends up in Kansas City, they have a pretty dire situation at WR. Bowe is a legitimate player, but he's in the doghouse in KC for whatever reason. Bradley can play when he isn't hurt, but that's not nearly often enough. Then you've got a bunch of guys with question marks. Engram hasn't really shown he can't play but he hasn't shown yet that he can, while Copper and Lawrence pretty much are there only for their ST ability.

I mean, the Chiefs brought in Ashley Lelie for a look a few weeks ago, and I think Martin probably has more in the tank than Mr. Lelie.

Bossman641
09-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I think Bennett is scheduled to start for the Bears, not positive though.

EDIT - wait I think it's Arushamoa or whatever the fuck. Who cares, they all suck

Tyrone Bigguns
09-08-2009, 09:12 PM
My guess is that he ends up in Kansas City, they have a pretty dire situation at WR. Bowe is a legitimate player, but he's in the doghouse in KC for whatever reason. Bradley can play when he isn't hurt, but that's not nearly often enough. Then you've got a bunch of guys with question marks. Engram hasn't really shown he can't play but he hasn't shown yet that he can, while Copper and Lawrence pretty much are there only for their ST ability.

I mean, the Chiefs brought in Ashley Lelie for a look a few weeks ago, and I think Martin probably has more in the tank than Mr. Lelie.

You could be right, but there are better players out there right now:

Jerry Porter
Reggie Williams
Matt Jones
marvin harrison
Joe Jurevicious
Ike Hilliard
Travis Taylor
Koren Robinson
Justin McCareins
Drew Carter
Dante Hall

Scott Campbell
09-08-2009, 09:22 PM
{ilr]3]So what happens if he goes to the Bears or the Vikings? He could be a #2 & #3 respectively on those team.

You are freaking high. He would be lucky to be a 4 or a 5 on either of those squads.

vikings:

Ruvell < Berrian
Ruvell < Harvin
Ruvell < Rice
Ruvell < Wade

Bears:

Ruvell < Rashied Davis
Ruvell < Hester
Ruvell < Iglesias

Unknown whether he is better than earl bennett, but Bennett was 3rd round pick. Doubtful he is better than Bennett.

Ruvell is better at PR than all those guys.

falco
09-08-2009, 09:27 PM
It seems to me that Hester has had a few good returns in his career.

pbmax
09-08-2009, 09:30 PM

Facts. Means nothing.

Ruvell indeed had a contract, and it wasn't just a rookie deal since he was undrafted. Ruvell was over a $1 million, Anthony Smith was around $700k.

Rastak
09-08-2009, 09:30 PM

I seem to recall that also Falco.....I think you might be right.

Brando19
09-08-2009, 09:31 PM

vikings:

Ruvell < Berrian
Ruvell < Harvin
Ruvell < Rice
Ruvell < Wade

Bears:

Ruvell < Rashied Davis
Ruvell < Hester
Ruvell < Iglesias

Ruvell is better at PR than all those guys.

Public Relations? He is a people person.

Rastak
09-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Brando, that was cool that he called the dude that took his job....nice story.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-08-2009, 09:38 PM

PR=Public Relations

Tyrone Bigguns
09-08-2009, 09:40 PM

Facts. Means nothing.

Ruvell indeed had a contract, and it wasn't just a rookie deal since he was undrafted. Ruvell was over a $1 million, Anthony Smith was around $700k.

I thought so as you can't be in camp without one.

1 million for Ruvell...i guess a million doesn't go as far as it use to.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Brando, that was cool that he called the dude that took his job....nice story.

It isn't that uncommon.

Same story about Fred Taylor calling MJD and talking about what it was like when you become a starter.

Lurker64
09-08-2009, 09:45 PM

Jerry Porter
Reggie Williams
Matt Jones
marvin harrison
Joe Jurevicious
Ike Hilliard
Travis Taylor
Koren Robinson
Justin McCareins
Drew Carter
Dante Hall

But with Pioli running the show, and cognizant of the fact that KC isn't going to do anything this year beyond "attempt to inspire confidence that the team is on the right track", they may pick up Ruvell as a budget option. No way they're springing for Marvin Harrison, for example.

Then again, Ruvell may not be looking for an NFL job. He may just be hanging with his pals in Green Bay, waiting to see if an injury to a WR convinces the Packers to resign him. I mean, even if he hasn't got any money, he could probably live off of Aaron Rodgers's dime for a while.

falco
09-08-2009, 09:45 PM

PR=Public Relations

:oops:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-08-2009, 09:47 PM

Jerry Porter
Reggie Williams
Matt Jones
marvin harrison
Joe Jurevicious
Ike Hilliard
Travis Taylor
Koren Robinson
Justin McCareins
Drew Carter
Dante Hall

But with Pioli running the show, and cognizant of the fact that KC isn't going to do anything this year beyond "attempt to inspire confidence that the team is on the right track", they may pick up Ruvell as a budget option. No way they're springing for Marvin Harrison, for example.

Then again, Ruvell may not be looking for an NFL job. He may just be hanging with his pals in Green Bay, waiting to see if an injury to a WR convinces the Packers to resign him. I mean, even if he hasn't got any money, he could probably live off of Aaron Rodgers's dime for a while.

I could see them going for Matt Jones. He was starting to come on..and if he is clean, he is a nice pickup.

Forgot about Fergie. LOL

Who is better: Ruvell or Fergie?

Partial
09-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Ty I don't think very many of those receivers are as good today as Martin. How many of those guys have floated all around? Martin has at least been a member of a veteran, talented receiving corps (one of the best in the NFL). Some of those guys couldn't hack it in some of the worst.

Lurker64
09-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Speaking of "not looking for an NFL job", can guys still make money in the Green Bay area by being "well-liked ex-Packers"? It seems like LeRoy Butler and Gilbert Brown were making a decent living off of that, but they had better resumes than Ruvell and the economy has softened somewhat...

falco
09-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Not sure about Gilbert, but I think LeRoy has done everything for charity.

Bill Schroeder has made a living swinging a golf club with two heads.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Ty I don't think very many of those receivers are as good today as Martin. How many of those guys have floated all around? Martin has at least been a member of a veteran, talented receiving corps (one of the best in the NFL). Some of those guys couldn't hack it in some of the worst.

You may not think so, but that is why you aren't in the NFL. Your talent credentials took a serious hit with Money Morency.

What does being a member have to do witih anything. Being the bench warmer doesn't mean anything, or are you advocating the Bucks run out and sign mark madsen.

Every receiver i listed is either better or has been more productive...maybe not Drew Carter.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=12&yr=2009&nid=83&lnid=83&rc=16&pid=16

Partial
09-08-2009, 10:06 PM

You may not think so, but that is why you aren't in the NFL. Your talent credentials took a serious hit with Money Morency.

What does being a member have to do witih anything. Being the bench warmer doesn't mean anything, or are you advocating the Bucks run out and sign mark madsen.

Every receiver i listed is either better or has been more productive...maybe not Drew Carter.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=12&yr=2009&nid=83&lnid=83&rc=16&pid=16

50ish catches and 6 tds? How many of those guys beat those numbers last year. I'm dying to know. No excuses. I'm actually legitmiately interested because I'm too lazy to look it up.

How many can be a dominant run blocker like him?

UPDATE: Nevermind the wikipedia stats are wrong. They;'re listed for 2008 but they're for a career.

mission
09-08-2009, 10:14 PM
but they're for a career.

That sounds about right. 50 catches for Ruvell ???

Wonder if he even ever got that in college... :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-08-2009, 10:19 PM

50ish catches and 6 tds? How many of those guys beat those numbers last year. I'm dying to know. No excuses. I'm actually legitmiately interested because I'm too lazy to look it up.

How many can be a dominant run blocker like him?

Ruvell had 50ish catches and 6 tds last year? Geez, i musta missed that. I thought he had 15 catches and 1 td.

I'm willing to bet that of the receivers i listed 80% have more career catches and tds than ruvell.

there isn't a question about harrison, porter, jones, williams, jurevicous, hilliard, taylor (may be with lions), robinson, ferguson, lelie, darrel jackson.

Question marks only for McCareins, Drew Carter, Dante Hall..the issue is most likely tds for those guys.

And calling him a dominant run blocker is hilarious. Dude, get out of programming..you make drew rosenhaus look like a piker. I'm dead serious, you need to become an agent asap.

Edit: After seeing that you didn't even know ruvell's #s and actually thought he had 50 last year...only convinces me more that you need to be an agent.

Partial
09-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Who cares what they did over a career? Most have played significantly longer. You're a hooligan.

mission
09-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Howzabout average catch amount per season?

I'd take an old Harrison over Ruvell right now... most of those guys.

They played a lot of seasons for a reason. Those guys largely remain unsigned because of financial reasons.

rbaloha1
09-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Jake Allen shall make Packer fans forget gumby.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-09-2009, 01:02 AM
Who cares what they did over a career? Most have played significantly longer. You're a hooligan.

Exactly. They did more and did it longer.

But, excellent retort mr. rosenhaus. Only in your warped mind is a more successful career a detriment.

SkinBasket
09-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Who cares what they did over a career?

Says the guy who used Ruvell's career numbers...

KYPack
09-09-2009, 11:10 AM
You got everything from soup to nuts in that list of WR's, Ty. Some of those guys are all "played out". Your point is intact, however. Martin is a marginal guy at best. A tall guy with fair speed that can still play ST is about all he has going for him.

As far as being a dominant run blocker?

That's no factor. A guy like that can help you a couple times a season, if that. Any OC would prefer a live receiver with some shake to a guy who can block.

bobblehead
09-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Love Ruvell. He wasn't top 5 on our team. Most of Ty's list as well as Ruvell don't belong in the NFL anymore.

Matt Jones just on immense talent should probably get on a squad (unless he can't pass a drug test). Dante Hall I'm surprised isn't returning for someone. Other that that, none of those guys have a real spot in the league anymore.

Partial
09-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Howzabout average catch amount per season?

I'd take an old Harrison over Ruvell right now... most of those guys.

They played a lot of seasons for a reason. Those guys largely remain unsigned because of financial reasons.

Again, more chances. The best ratio would be average dollar per reception yard given that its a recession.

Partial
09-09-2009, 02:42 PM

No, I used the factually incorrect Wikipedia numbers, and then announced they were incorrect after checking a second source.

Partial
09-09-2009, 02:43 PM

But, excellent retort mr. rosenhaus. Only in your warped mind is a more successful career a detriment.

Quoted for really horrible logic. Who cares how good Marvin was 10 years ago? Is he the better play now on one knee? Probably not.

SkinBasket
09-09-2009, 02:47 PM

No, I used the factually incorrect Wikipedia numbers, and then announced they were incorrect after checking a second source.

But didn't retract your numbers or change them to the correct ones...

Partial
09-09-2009, 02:48 PM

But didn't retract your numbers or change them to the correct ones...

I don't believe in editing posts anymore.

SkinBasket
09-09-2009, 02:53 PM

LOL. Okaaaaaaaaaay. Have you turned Muslim or something?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-09-2009, 03:06 PM

Quoted for really horrible logic. Who cares how good Marvin was 10 years ago? Is he the better play now on one knee? Probably not.

Unfortunately for you, you didn't state that. And, you are the one that started the comparison, not me.lol

Now, you want us to believe that martin is better than some guy who only has one knee....what logic is that? When did we start talking about one guy? Who is the one knee?

Either way, your ability to determine who is better is in severe doubt.

pbmax
09-09-2009, 04:17 PM

LOL. Okaaaaaaaaaay. Have you turned Muslim or something?
Quaker.

falco
09-09-2009, 06:21 PM
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/040304/135625__witness_l.jpg

Freak Out
09-09-2009, 06:28 PM
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/040304/135625__witness_l.jpg

Damn.....is that a young Vigo in that pic?

KYPack
09-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Good snag, Freak

Witness - a good shitty movie.

SkinBasket
09-09-2009, 09:55 PM
You guys need to make your way over to the FYI section for a good honest Amish discussion.

KYPack
09-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Skin is the moderator now?

Shit, there goes the neighborhood.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-10-2009, 01:17 AM
Stop fucking up the Ruvell thread. Keep this thread on point...all Ruvell, all the time.

Day 5 and Ruvell still unsigned.

mission
09-10-2009, 02:00 AM

We shoulda kept him ................

Tyrone Bigguns
09-10-2009, 03:07 AM

We shoulda kept him ................

Agreed. gonna be hard to replace those 15 catches.

Who will pick up the slack? Can it be done? Do we have someone who is ready to take the next step and demand the ball?

Not to mention chemistry. Chemistry now down to 6.9.

MadScientist
09-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Is Ruvell a 'vested veteran'? If so, he won't be signed until after the first week'
s games because the team won't be on the hook for his whole salary.

KYPack
09-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Is Ruvell a 'vested veteran'? If so, he won't be signed until after the first week'

Martin didn't have a negotiated contract. He is a vet minimum kind of guy.

$ aren't a factor in signing RM.

He'll make about 620K this year, not a huge factor. I'd think a team will sign a kid rather than give him a look.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-10-2009, 03:22 PM

He'll make about 620K this year, not a huge factor. I'd think a team will sign a kid rather than give him a look.

I don't get caught up in contracts and the rules and such...i leave that to the bean counter types, but i believe, according to PB that RM had a contract with the Pack for a million.

So, what is that? Is that not a negotiated contract?

Lurker64
09-10-2009, 03:27 PM

I don't get caught up in contracts and the rules and such...i leave that to the bean counter types, but i believe, according to PB that RM had a contract with the Pack for a million.

I think what KY is saying is "Ruvell is the kind of guy that if you call him up and offer him a 1-year deal at the vet minimum, he's in uniform within two days time."

Not like a guy like Marvin Harrison, who you call him up and the second question is "how much?".

Tyrone Bigguns
09-10-2009, 03:50 PM

I think what KY is saying is "Ruvell is the kind of guy that if you call him up and offer him a 1-year deal at the vet minimum, he's in uniform within two days time."

Not like a guy like Marvin Harrison, who you call him up and the second question is "how much?".

Then why did he say he didn't have a negotiated contract?

I do agree about Ruvell is the type you offer a vet min contract.

Either way, not signing him on the packer's mill contract or 600k...it says quite a bit that teams aren't signing him now rather than lose a chance at this guy.

Chemistry will go up 2 points at least on your team upon signing.

KYPack
09-10-2009, 03:53 PM

You and PB may be right. If it was a mil, that's a negotiated contract all righty.

I had him at 620 K off that GBP salary cap spreadsheet.

If he is making a million, the team that signs him would be on the hook for that. if he's getting 620 that the vet min for a 4 yr guy.

I overlooked PB's post, my error on that one.

I didn't see anything on that deal other than PB's post.

As a vested PRat veteran, I will have to yield to PB and his Fritz Shurmur Avatar.

Merlin
09-10-2009, 03:58 PM
I thought we kept him because he was supposed to be our "big and fast" target down field. I never thought he was that fast and he just didn't seem to "fit" when he was in. He is a decent guy and all and could be a #3 or 4 on another team in the right system. I think Driver set the mold for the type of WR's Green Bay is interested in, smaller, faster, and tough as hell.

Lurker64
09-10-2009, 04:10 PM
I thought we kept him because he was supposed to be our "big and fast" target down field. I never thought he was that fast and he just didn't seem to "fit" when he was in. He is a decent guy and all and could be a #3 or 4 on another team in the right system. I think Driver set the mold for the type of WR's Green Bay is interested in, smaller, faster, and tough as hell.

Ruvell was never all that fast, but he was tall, tough, had decent hands, and was reasonably savvy. His lack of straight line speed was what cause Schottenheimer in San Diego to cut him and predict that he would never make it in this league.

I think his role as the "big downfield target" has been supplanted by Finley who is bigger, can run like a WR and probably has better hands. I really think that's what cemented the Martin cut, Finley emerging as a legitimate target in the preseason, and Swain's play on Special teams left it so Ruvell wasn't the best at anything anymore.

Still, I wish him luck.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-11-2009, 02:04 AM
Day 6 and Ruvell still weighing his options.

Rumor he is crashing on Ballhawk's couch. Ballhawk's wife, "he better be gone in 3 days or.."

SnakeLH2006
09-11-2009, 04:09 AM
Rest easy.

Just check the Twitters. Ruvell is happy running Arod's Twitter campaign, while ARod is busy winning games as an NFL QB. Damn....Ruvell found his niche. Twitt3r Beyotch for the Man.... :shock: :lol: 8-) ....At least he can still play his guitar...

FritzDontBlitz
09-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Bears or Vikes pick him up. Bears because they'll need a dependable possession receiver; Vikes to give Brett someone familiar to throw to but only as a 3rd down possession receiver there as well.

Cheesehead Craig
09-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Bears or Vikes pick him up. Bears because they'll need a dependable possession receiver; Vikes to give Brett someone familiar to throw to but only as a 3rd down possession receiver there as well.

No chance the Vikes pick him up. They already cut Bobby Wade and signed Lewis. They want their young WRs to get PT. Bears might, but not until after Week 1.

FritzDontBlitz
09-11-2009, 10:39 AM

No chance the Vikes pick him up. They already cut Bobby Wade and signed Lewis. They want their young WRs to get PT. Bears might, but not until after Week 1.

Should the current crop of receivers continue to struggle with adapting to Favre, Ruvell will be picked up.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-11-2009, 12:19 PM

Should the current crop of receivers continue to struggle with adapting to Favre, Ruvell will be picked up.

Dude, it is far to early for this type of drunk posting.

If they wanted someone familiar with bert, they'd pick up Ferguson. RM has one season with Bert, that hardly makes him familiar...3 years ago.

RM ain't gonna be signed.

pbmax
09-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Titans looking at Matt Jones and Bobby Wade, according to PFT. No Ruvell mention.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Titans looking at Matt Jones and Bobby Wade, according to PFT. No Ruvell mention.

Gonna be a long thread if you keep mentioning teams not looking at RM all season. :wink:

FritzDontBlitz
09-11-2009, 03:54 PM

If they wanted someone familiar with bert, they'd pick up Ferguson. RM has one season with Bert, that hardly makes him familiar...3 years ago.

Make that 2 seasons. They may not have much game experience together but Ruvell practiced with him every week.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-11-2009, 05:39 PM

Make that 2 seasons. They may not have much game experience together but Ruvell practiced with him every week.

Yeah, i'm sure the 5th at best receiver got tons of reps and passes thrown his way iin practice. C'mon, get serious.

How do you think he became close with Arod..because he got reps with him.

Either way, your logic of familiarity as a grounds for hiring surely leaves the Vikings calling Fergie..not only is he way more familiar with Favre, but he is way more familiar with his ex teammates.

Fritz
09-11-2009, 05:42 PM
The Lions are not looking at Ruvell Martin.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-11-2009, 05:43 PM
The Lions are not looking at Ruvell Martin.

And, for that, Ruvell is happy.

mraynrand
09-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Keep an eye on that semi-pro stuff Harlan's watching in and around Madison. Ruvell is likely to show up there.

Fritz
09-11-2009, 06:06 PM
The Patriots are not looking at Ruvell Martin.

I think this thread could get as long as the "Brett the Vike" thread if I can keep this up.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-11-2009, 06:24 PM
The florida tuskers are reportedly not looking at Ruvell.

MJZiggy
09-11-2009, 06:50 PM

They should be.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-11-2009, 08:32 PM

They should be.

Why? Many better unemployed receivers out there right now.

Loyalty is one thing, blind allegiance is another.

mission
09-11-2009, 09:13 PM

We should have never traded Favre...

Tyrone Bigguns
09-11-2009, 09:15 PM

We should have never traded Favre...

Favre? What about loyalty to Majik?

SkinBasket
09-11-2009, 09:30 PM
If someone will give me Ruvell's info, I've got a stairwell ceiling that needs painting.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-11-2009, 09:49 PM
If someone will give me Ruvell's info, I've got a stairwell ceiling that needs painting.

Sounds great. I'm glad you wouldn't insult him by suggesting outdoor work.

Ruvell's talent clearly puts him as an indoor guy.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Day 7 and Ruvell still not signed.

Will the national nightmare ever end?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Day 8.

According to some, this should be the last day he is unemployed, as his salary will go down after the season starts.

We shall see.

Bretsky
09-13-2009, 12:29 AM
My guess is he'll latch on to a team by week 4 when injuries come up. He's a good guy. But just a guy.

What we are realizing is some of the homers, or his fans, in here valued Ruvell Martin way more than the scouts and GM's in the NFL.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-14-2009, 02:09 AM
day 9

Lurker64
09-14-2009, 02:10 AM
day 9

This thread is going to be awfully long if you post for every day someone doesn't sign Ruvell Martin.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-14-2009, 02:34 AM
day 9

This thread is going to be awfully long if you post for every day someone doesn't sign Ruvell Martin.

Are you suggesting he won't get picked up soon?

Perhaps i'll update with less frequency. :wink:

pbmax
09-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Day 8.

According to some, this should be the last day he is unemployed, as his salary will go down after the season starts.

We shall see.
Actually, his salary already is down. But after week 1, none of his eventual lower salary will be guaranteed.

Patler
09-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Day 8.

We shall see.
Actually, his salary already is down. But after week 1, none of his eventual lower salary will be guaranteed.

I don't think even that is an excuse for Martin. For his salary to have been guaranteed for being on a roster week 1, I think he would have to have had four years seniority. Martin has only three years. I could be wrong on this, but too lazy to look it up.

BTP
09-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Signed with the Rams

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/59397007.html?c=y&commentSubmitted=y

Fosco33
09-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Signed with the Rams

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/59397007.html?c=y&commentSubmitted=y

I'm sure he'll be playing extra hard in about 2 weeks...

boiga
09-15-2009, 06:35 PM
How's that crow tyrone?

The second day his contract isn't guaranteed he gets signed, ahead of that entire list of WR's you mentioned earlier.

Congrats Ruvell! The Rams will still stink, but you won't find a better chance at some playing time.

retailguy
09-15-2009, 06:48 PM

Not only signed but signed above these guys:

David Tyree
Skyler Green
Chris Davis

Tyrone, I live for the days when you look in the mirror and actually see the large foot sticking out of your mouth. We see it every day, but every once in a while, in moments like these, I know you see it too.

Ruvell lives on. Even if only for a few weeks. May he become the next Torry Holt... Good for him. I'm happy for him to have an opportunity to continue his career.

Bretsky
09-15-2009, 07:01 PM
BallHawk will be happy to know my 2nd favorite team ha alway been da Rams

DAM, I have to cheer for Ruvell Martin Again !!!

BallHawk
09-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Donnie Avery and Ruvell Martin.....The 2nd Greatest Show on Turf.

Scott Campbell
09-15-2009, 08:11 PM

David Tyree
Skyler Green
Chris Davis

Tyrone, I live for the days when you look in the mirror and actually see the large foot sticking out of your mouth. We see it every day, but every once in a while, in moments like these, I know you see it too.

Ruvell lives on. Even if only for a few weeks. May he become the next Torry Holt... Good for him. I'm happy for him to have an opportunity to continue his career.

:lol:

Lurker64
09-15-2009, 08:21 PM
I hear team chemistry in St. Louis is up to 6.2 after Ruvell brought a delicious cake to introduce himself.

TravisWilliams23
09-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Good for Ruvell.
Hope he has a good, long, successful career with the Rams.
The class he showed to Swain makes you wish good things for the man.
Never saw anything negative about him the whole time he was a Packer.
Plus, he didn't try to "get even" with the Pack and sign with a division rival!
One of very few former Packers I will root for.

Rastak
09-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Good for Ruvell.

If a divisional rival was the team making the best offer you be saying...."that traitor!"

ThunderDan
09-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Good for Ruvell.

If a divisional rival was the team making the best offer you be saying...."that traitor!"

Not over Ruvell, I mean he was a starter for ZERO games in his Packer career.

Rastak
09-15-2009, 08:45 PM
He didn't differentiate Packer career in his post, alluding to the fact that signing with a divisional rival was "getting back at the Packers".

Tyrone Bigguns
09-15-2009, 08:55 PM
How's that crow tyrone?

The second day his contract isn't guaranteed he gets signed, ahead of that entire list of WR's you mentioned earlier.

Congrats Ruvell! The Rams will still stink, but you won't find a better chance at some playing time.

What crow? I never said he would not get signed.

As for the other receivers....context. What was the discussion. THe list was in reference to KC. You might wanna go back and look it up....cause you just made yourself look pretty foolish.:lol:

RM got signed cause he is cheap.

ThunderDan
09-15-2009, 08:58 PM
He didn't differentiate Packer career in his post, alluding to the fact that signing with a divisional rival was "getting back at the Packers".

There is a huge difference between saying I will only play for the Viking verse I'll play for any team that will give me a contract!!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
09-15-2009, 08:58 PM

David Tyree
Skyler Green
Chris Davis

This is a perfect example of how you are an asshat.

The quote you pulled was in relation to the vikings. I never said ONCE that he wouldn't play in the NFL again.

This is your typical bs. You don't have the guts or the brains to actually comment before something happens. But, then you try and make it out like you knew he would...and to you pull some quote that you try and make it look like i was saying he never would.

And, listing those receivers..why? I never discussed ruvell in any sort of context with them.

Trying looking in the mirror, you might see the foot in your mouth. Or, at least you should ask yourself what type of man you are...as it is quite apparent that you a very small person.

TravisWilliams23
09-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Good for Ruvell.

You betcha! :lol:
I really was trying to emphasize Ruvell's class in how he handled the release.
It's refreshing to see that in today's ME ME ME players attitudes.
If the Vikes or Bears would have picked him up, absolutely I'd root against the guy because I'm a PACKERS fan.

Guiness
09-15-2009, 09:08 PM

As for the other receivers....context. What was the discussion. THe list was in reference to KC. You might wanna go back and look it up....cause you just made yourself look pretty foolish.:lol:

Errr....I think you did.

I'm sure you'll have something to say about that, but :talk:

Rastak
09-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Good for Ruvell.

You betcha! :lol:
I really was trying to emphasize Ruvell's class in how he handled the release.
It's refreshing to see that in today's ME ME ME players attitudes.
If the Vikes or Bears would have picked him up, absolutely I'd root against the guy because I'm a PACKERS fan.

He seems to have a ton of class.....I agree with that. Not sure what sort of attitude he had in negotiations so I can't speak to it..

Lastly, or course you gotta root against Favre! Any person who claims to be a Pack fan isn't really a 100% fan if they don't to some degree. I do not root for divisional rivals, period.

Rooting against someone and indicating they are a "traitor" are two different things, that's all.

Enjoy the season. It's gonna be a barn burner.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-15-2009, 09:15 PM
[quote=Tyrone Bigguns]

Errr....I think you did.

I'm sure you'll have something to say about that, but :talk:

Yes, i do. The context was the Vikings. Sigh, let's go and see the whole post:

FritzDontBlitz wrote:
Cheesehead Craig wrote:
FritzDontBlitz wrote:

If you can't see that i'm talking about the Vikes and Favre and Ruvell..then you are just willfully being stupid.

That statement didn't read, he'll never get signed by any team in the NFL. If so, why didn't i put that in the first post...or the 3 or 4 pages before the quote you are pulling.

You want to make it a blanket statement, but it was never. I have never once said RM can't play. Why would i? Teams have injuries, etc. The thread was a "watch" thread. The point was when he would get signed. The thread was initiated by those who thought he was so good that he would immediately get signed.

You might wanna think a bit more before you selectively pull quotes. I guess context means nothing. I guess the reply to Fritz and his position means nothing. I'm embarrassed for you. It is so sad that you revert to this level of trickery to try and prove a point. :oops:

pbmax
09-15-2009, 10:17 PM

What happened to the Patriots? :lol:

pbmax
09-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Good for Ruvell.

Has Brent called Aaron yet? :lol:

retailguy
09-15-2009, 11:17 PM

David Tyree
Skyler Green
Chris Davis

The quote you pulled was in relation to the vikings. I never said ONCE that he wouldn't play in the NFL again.

This is your typical bs. You don't have the guts or the brains to actually comment before something happens. But, then you try and make it out like you knew he would...and to you pull some quote that you try and make it look like i was saying he never would.

And, listing those receivers..why? I never discussed ruvell in any sort of context with them.

Trying looking in the mirror, you might see the foot in your mouth. Or, at least you should ask yourself what type of man you are...as it is quite apparent that you a very small person.

<snicker> You have zero credibility left. This was ridiculous. You could have preserved some dignity with "wow, missed that one, didn't I?"

Chevelle2
09-15-2009, 11:39 PM
He's a Ram.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/59397007.html

Best of luck to him.

pbmax
09-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Error on my part. Patler had Ruvell's years of service correct, his laziness aside. Three full years '06-'08. Which makes no sense given that the contract number (just after his release) was $1 million on Rotoworld. Could he have been tendered at that level? I don't remember that. Perhaps that was the total value of a two year deal?

In any event, the Rams did not save themselves from an essentially guaranteed contract by waiting until after Week 1 unless Ruvell falls into some unknown section that treats him like a vested veteran after three years of being a great teammate. :lol:

Perhaps it was injury or they were waiting to hear from another player who WAS a vested vet? Or just that they suck on O.

I think Ty is winning this round on his Vikings statement, but is behind on points with Ruvell signed this week. It would make a better case for his opponents if the Rams weren't a Big 1(1)0 team on offense. We might get to see him go against Charles and Al if he sticks around.

Bretsky
09-15-2009, 11:43 PM

What happened to the Patriots? :lol:

Behind the Rams; favorite AFC Team

Tyrone Bigguns
09-16-2009, 01:57 AM

David Tyree
Skyler Green
Chris Davis

<snicker> You have zero credibility left. This was ridiculous. You could have preserved some dignity with "wow, missed that one, didn't I?"

The only one with zero cred is you. The first post of this thread sums up the thread...ruvell deciding where he would sign. This thread was started as a tweak at those who overrated him and were saying that he was just taking his time. I'm not going to mention who that person was, but it is out there.

I posted the conversation. Clearly, the quote you pulled was about the vikes. Just as the list i posted was in response to KC.

You are just pathetic in your attempt to frame a quote that was in context as a broad statement about Ruvell never getting a job.

PB is impartial, look what he wrote. Yeah, i'm sure he has an agenda....not like you. :oops:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 04:49 PM
ruvell with zero catches.

However, team chemistry now off the charts.

SkinBasket
09-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Laurent Robinson broke his leg against the Packers. Ruvell is moving up the depth chart!

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Bump for Ruvell's zero catches this weekend.

Team's around the league kicking themselves for not signing this guy.

channtheman
10-06-2009, 03:28 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MichiganPackerFan
10-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Bump for Ruvell's zero catches this weekend.

Team's around the league kicking themselves for not signing this guy.

But his chemistry would be a big improvement on the offensive line.

CaptainKickass
10-06-2009, 04:46 PM
I haven't read the thread but...

Who really cares about the timepiece that a former Packers WR wears on his wrist?

?

channtheman
10-07-2009, 01:17 AM

Who really cares about the timepiece that a former Packers WR wears on his wrist?

?

The thread was in response to some people around packerrats who were rather pissed about the Ruvell cut saying that he would start for half the teams in the league and that he would be picked up and signed immediately. Ty started a countdown thread about him to prove them wrong and did. Now, in a post of his I agreed that our receivers were overrated by us the fans and I mentioned Ruvell which reminded Ty about this thread and he bumped it.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-07-2009, 01:44 AM

?

The thread was in response to some people around packerrats who were rather pissed about the Ruvell cut saying that he would start for half the teams in the league and that he would be picked up and signed immediately. Ty started a countdown thread about him to prove them wrong and did. Now, in a post of his I agreed that our receivers were overrated by us the fans and I mentioned Ruvell which reminded Ty about this thread and he bumped it.

Chan, you are missing his joke.

Watch...timepiece...wears on his wrist. Get it. :wink:

MichiganPackerFan
10-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Chan, you are missing his joke.

Watch...timepiece...wears on his wrist. Get it. :wink:

Thanks ty, was going to pitch in and help explain there...

CaptainKickass
10-07-2009, 01:56 PM
No need to worry, his watch has been found.

And what a watch it is!

http://cellphones.techfresh.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/f88_wrist_watch_mobile_phone.jpg

No wonder an entire thread was dedicated to it.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2009, 02:42 PM
ruvell still hasn't caught a pass.

But, in a breaking development...Gado had one. Along with 3 rushes for 16 yards!

Tyrone Bigguns
11-30-2009, 04:33 AM
After reading Partial's gotcha statements regarding VY and how we had treated him, Ty felt compelled to bump this thread.

Why?

Because Ty wants to acknowledge the greatness of Partial. Partial was right about Ruvell. Ruvell is averaging 21.7 yards per catch. That is clearly better than any of our receivers.

Course, we can't really be sure he would average that here, as he would have Arod throwing him the ball, not Favre.

How did we let this guy get a away.

Partial
11-30-2009, 08:39 AM
After reading Partial's gotcha statements regarding VY and how we had treated him, Ty felt compelled to bump this thread.

Why?

Because Ty wants to acknowledge the greatness of Partial. Partial was right about Ruvell. Ruvell is averaging 21.7 yards per catch. That is clearly better than any of our receivers.

Course, we can't really be sure he would average that here, as he would have Arod throwing him the ball, not Favre.

o_0 Ruvell is a #5 receiver but a spectacular number 5. Note that we are now down to guys who I cannot even name. We've had how many receivers on the roster now? 7? 8? Awful. Fact is Big R should still be here.

ThunderDan
11-30-2009, 09:12 AM

Why?

o_0 Ruvell is a #5 receiver but a spectacular number 5. Note that we are now down to guys who I cannot even name. We've had how many receivers on the roster now? 7? 8? Awful. Fact is Big R should still be here.

And we are 6th in the league in passing yards per game. Where is our offense going to pick up those addtional Ruvell yards? Take it away from Finley who has taken over the 5th WR spot in our 5 wide spread attack. Tell me you would honestly rather have Ruvell on the field than Finley.

Partial
11-30-2009, 09:19 AM

Why?

And we are 6th in the league in passing yards per game. Where is our offense going to pick up those addtional Ruvell yards? Take it away from Finley who has taken over the 5th WR spot in our 5 wide spread attack. Tell me you would honestly rather have Ruvell on the field than Finley.

No way, but Finley has missed several games. Can't honestly tell me the results wouldn't have likely been different had Ruvell been on the field versus Jake Allen or the Titans PS guy in the Tampa game...

pbmax
11-30-2009, 09:20 AM

Why?

Ruvell can also prevent injuries?

ThunderDan
11-30-2009, 09:37 AM

Why?

No way, but Finley has missed several games. Can't honestly tell me the results wouldn't have likely been different had Ruvell been on the field versus Jake Allen or the Titans PS guy in the Tampa game...

Once again, where are these yards coming from?

Can you honestly tell me the results wouldn't be the same if RM was in? Didn't play the game with RM so it is pretty hard to discuss what impact, if any, he would have had.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-30-2009, 08:16 PM

Why?

He is the greatest 5th wide receiver in the league.

3 catches this season PROVE it.

Bretsky
11-30-2009, 08:21 PM
P, you should let this one go; Ruvell was junk. The only thing good about him was Ballhawk liked him. Big guy...minimal talent. Leaping ability...minimal...speed...minimal...route running....below par

Tyrone Bigguns
11-30-2009, 08:21 PM

Why?

You are talking about the same Ruvell who was injured this year? :lol: