PDA

View Full Version : Raji's Out Sunday Per Bedard

Scott Campbell
09-09-2009, 03:39 PM
http://twitter.com/Greg_A_Bedard/status/3868614397

\\Raji didn't test well on Tuesday, that means he's out for Sunday. Jolly has been getting snaps at nose.about 2 hours ago from UberTwitter

Balls.

sheepshead
09-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Damn, I want this kids learning curve over ASAP.

pbmax
09-09-2009, 04:15 PM
I knew Ditka would be bad luck.

pittstang5
09-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Not having Raji could hurt. I was hoping to see him play in an actual game and the D-line depth worries me. BUT...I'm more concerned about Blackmon. I think he's a big kick return / punt return threat and if he can't go, to me, that just sucks. The back ups for Blackmon: Nelson and T-will are solid, but to me, don't have that flash or rather don't scare the opposing team.

Bossman641
09-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Damnit, big loss. I was really hoping to see him push some OL back into Cutler's face.

cheesner
09-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Didn't I read a quote where MM said he didn't pass on Tuesday but they would retest him on Thursday?

boiga
09-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Didn't I read a quote where MM said he didn't pass on Tuesday but they would retest him on Thursday? I read that too, but that's often coach speak for "he's out."

They don't want Chicago to game plan Raji's absence, so they'll M3'll be mum on it as long as he can get away with it.

Rastak
09-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Didn't I read a quote where MM said he didn't pass on Tuesday but they would retest him on Thursday? I read that too, but that's often coach speak for "he's out."

They don't want Chicago to game plan Raji's absence, so they'll M3'll be mum on it as long as he can get away with it.

Do they gameplan around hobbled rookie lineman? I'm guessing not, I just think coaches are starting to get conditioned to not revealing anything, even when it means absolutely nothing.

boiga
09-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Well, they'd gameplan around the Packers having to use a larger percentage of nickel defense because of a lack of bodies at NT. Right now the only guy behind Pickett is Jolly, and his first reps ever at NT were this week.

Releasing that information would certainly be helpful to Chicago's DC. While I agree that Coaches often obfuscate to the point of ridiculousness, M3's right keep quiet on Raji and Blackmon.

Rastak
09-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Well, they'd gameplan around the Packers having to use a larger percentage of nickel defense because of a lack of bodies at NT. Right now the only guy behind Pickett is Jolly, and his first reps ever at NT were this week.

Releasing that information would certainly be helpful to Chicago's DC. While I agree that Coaches often obfuscate to the point of ridiculousness, M3's right keep quiet on Raji and Blackmon.

I honestly don't feel Chicago changes their gameplan at all based on an obviously slowed Raji playing or not. I know Mangini thinks he's clever not naming a starter but Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwin were laughing about it on NFL radio. The gameplan changes ZERO between Anderson and Quinn.

Brando19
09-09-2009, 06:57 PM

I honestly don't feel Chicago changes their gameplan at all based on an obviously slowed Raji playing or not. I know Mangini thinks he's clever not naming a starter but Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwin were laughing about it on NFL radio. The gameplan changes ZERO between Anderson and Quinn.

I heard Tim and PK laughing about it as well, Ras. The Vikings defense will eat either QB alive...regardless.
I wish Raji was healthy, though. He would push that O line back and Cutler would have a hard time. Hopefully Jenkins can stop Forte.

Rastak
09-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Brando, I think if he shows himself to be really disruptive on tape for a few weeks then it might make some sort of impact on a teams gameplan, in some way.

Could happen this year, I guess once he's healthy we'll see.

Tim and Pat are ourstanding on NFL Radio, BTW. They know their football for sure. A guy can pick up alot of technical info on the finer points of the game.

MOBB DEEP
09-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I knew Ditka would be bad luck.

ROFLMBO

Brando19
09-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Brando, I think if he shows himself to be really disruptive on tape for a few weeks then it might make some sort of impact on a teams gameplan, in some way.

Could happen this year, I guess once he's healthy we'll see.

Tim and Pat are ourstanding on NFL Radio, BTW. They know their football for sure. A guy can pick up alot of technical info on the finer points of the game.

I agree...if Raji shows he's an impact player...then teams will have to adjust.

Tim and Pat have an excellent radio show. I catch them on my way home from work every day. Tim has alot of knowledge from a players' prospective and Pat is one of the smartest football minds out there. I used to enjoy Adam Schein, but I never get to hear his show due to my shift change at work. Schein has a very unique voice.

falco
09-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Pat is one of the smartest football minds out there.

:lol:

Him and Matt Millen.

Rastak
09-09-2009, 08:17 PM

Him and Matt Millen.

Jokes aside, he and Tim Ryan do know the game inside and out...I think Millen is in a class by himself at any rate. :D

falco
09-09-2009, 08:20 PM

Him and Matt Millen.

Jokes aside, he and Tim Ryan do know the game inside and out...I think Millen is in a class by himself at any rate. :D

I enjoy the show, but just find it hard to take Pat Kirwan seriously based on his horrible tenure as GM.

That and during the whole BF saga last summer, I caught an episode where he was talking about how, since Rodgers wasn't a Ted Thompson draft pick, Thompson wasn't getting rid of Favre just to put his own guy in. First time I almost called in to a show.

MOBB DEEP
09-09-2009, 08:22 PM
http://twitter.com/Greg_A_Bedard/status/3868614397

\\Raji didn't test well on Tuesday, that means he's out for Sunday. Jolly has been getting snaps at nose.about 2 hours ago from UberTwitter

Balls.

DAYUM...

Rastak
09-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Falco:

He does have a hard-on for Favre, kind of the anti-Adam Shein, who in his most brilliant football mind today takes Cleveland this week.

falco
09-09-2009, 08:23 PM
He does have a hard-on for Favre, kind of the anti-Adam Shein, who in his most brilliant football mind today takes Cleveland this week.

He also predicted Rodgers as MVP!

Rastak
09-09-2009, 08:25 PM

He also predicted Rodgers as MVP!

I rest my case.......(j/k)

(Actually, that isn't impossible, dude is looking pretty friggen good)

falco
09-09-2009, 08:27 PM
(Actually, that isn't impossible, dude is looking pretty friggen good)

I agree.. but we gotta play some games first.

Rastak
09-09-2009, 08:28 PM
That's a fact. Bring on those games!

Fritz
09-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Falco:

This sounds like the title of a country western song: "Oh, I have a hard on fer Favre. Yeah, I have a hard on fer Favre!"

KYPack
09-09-2009, 09:17 PM
We've all got camp fever.

the forum is gettin' squirrelly.

We need to go out and hit somebody.

Schein Peter king. I learned one thing from Pick 'em. those pundits don't pick games as good as the PackerRats

Partial
09-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Did I call this or did I call this? The fat boy is going to have a tough time staying healthy all year imo. Been saying this for weeks. Boom.

The Shadow
09-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Did I call this or did I call this? The fat boy is going to have a tough time staying healthy all year imo. Been saying this for weeks. Boom.

And never for a single moment doubt that we give your innermost thoughts exactly the full amount of contemplation they are worth.

oregonpackfan
09-10-2009, 12:11 AM
We've all got camp fever.

the forum is gettin' squirrelly.

We need to go out and hit somebody.

I agree. Where is Bearman hiding these days? Let's all give him a collective pop! :)

Lurker64
09-10-2009, 12:24 AM

Well, at least we didn't draft Crabtree...

mission
09-10-2009, 01:57 AM

Well, at least we didn't draft Crabtree...

QFFT.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-10-2009, 03:10 AM
another blown first round pick by TT.

Tarlam!
09-10-2009, 03:16 AM
another blown first round pick by TT.

Sarcasm? From you, Ty?? What gives???

retailguy
09-10-2009, 06:38 AM

Hey, Nostradamus - should I liquidate my 401K and buy penny stocks? Inquiring minds want to know. :D :shock:

Fritz
09-10-2009, 07:06 AM

You must be really smart. How'd you know he would get hurt?

sheepshead
09-10-2009, 08:26 AM

And never for a single moment doubt that we give your innermost thoughts exactly the full amount of contemplation they are worth.

:)

Spaulding
09-10-2009, 10:50 AM

You must be really smart. How'd you know he would get hurt?

Where's Tonya Harding? Given Raji has a leg injury I think she should be looked into.

Anybody know where she moved her trailer to?

boiga
09-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Silverstein says Raji practiced in pads on thursday. So he could still be ready for the game.

Blackmon and Jackson are still out though, with Blackmon being closer.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/58508787.html

Scott Campbell
09-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Silverstein says Raji practiced in pads on thursday. So he could still be ready for the game.

Blackmon and Jackson are still out though, with Blackmon being closer.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/58508787.html

There's a bit of good news. Heal up boys!

Tyrone Bigguns
09-10-2009, 03:25 PM

Are you really trying to link missing some camp to an ankle injury? LOL

Scott Campbell
09-10-2009, 03:35 PM

I think most people, given your history, would have just been quietly content not to have be wrong yet again.

Merlin
09-10-2009, 03:45 PM
First off, the line position on either side of the ball is a tough one. Here you have the largest men in the USA battling it out in about a 20'x 8' area. 5 offensive linemen, and as many as the defense wants. Every single one of these guys has an "injury", it's the extent that they are prone to serious injury that makes the difference. So far Raji <> Harrell and I don't expect him to, even his attitude is better.

I don't know how serious Raji's injury is. I have to think that if McCarthy let the guy practice at all that it isn't as serious as it sounds. McCarthy always takes the conservative approach with the injuries. Raji has missed a bunch of training camp and practice time so outside of having a body on the field, it may not be a good thing to give him too many snaps until his ankle is 100%. That will give him not only more time to get healthy but also more time to know the job at hand.

The one thing I hate about the NFL scheduling is opening up the season with a Division foe. Then things like this wouldn't be as big of a factor. If we were playing an AFC team, the playoff implications are far less than when you not only play in your conference, but also in your division right out of the gate. Not to water down the NFL but it doesn't seem to be smart planning by the NFL for putting the best product on the field for an entire season. Many players rush back when they shouldn't and are lost for the season very early on, would it make a difference if the playoff implications were at their lowest week 1? I know it's all about winning football games and he who wins the last one is the winner, but this is the first one!

Lurker64
09-10-2009, 03:45 PM

I think most people, given your history, would have just been quietly content not to have be wrong yet again.

Not me! Right here in this thread I'm going to predict an injury for every single NFL player that causes them to miss some time. I'll be wrong more often than not, but when I'm right I'll get to gloat!

boiga
09-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Raji thinks he's going to play this sunday. Apparently he's trying to push the coaches to let him in.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2009, 05:52 PM
The Packers have poor depth in the defensive line or secondary. That is the main obstacle to a Super Bowl run, I think. I guess we just need to say a rosary every week.

Packers4Ever
09-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Damnit, big loss. I was really hoping to see him push some OL back into Cutler's face.

The next 3 days will seem endless but the long wait's almost over!
It'll be Raji's first game whenever it is, and I doubt much info would
be gathered ahead of time anyway.

Let's just hope Jolly is fit as a bulldozer and let the chips fall.
There are others on the field just rarin' to GO !! :!:

Southoftheborder
09-11-2009, 09:39 AM
According to the paper, Raji has a definate chance to play this week. Must have taken a couple rolls of tape to tape his huge ankle.

Cheesehead Craig
09-11-2009, 09:41 AM
According to the paper, Raji has a definate chance to play this week. Must have taken a couple rolls of tape to tape his huge ankle.

The ghost of Reggie White is healing him.

HarveyWallbangers
09-11-2009, 11:38 AM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

The big test for rookie defensive lineman B.J. Raji was going to be how he felt today after practicing for the first time on Thursday.

His ankle must have responded OK because he was back on the field this morning, going through at least the portion of practice that was open to reporters.

gbgary
09-11-2009, 12:27 PM
yup...he claims he'll play. we'll see.

boiga
09-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Raji and Blackmon both listed as "questionable" for sunday. Both had limited practice today.

Packers4Ever
09-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Didn't I read a quote where MM said he didn't pass on Tuesday but they would retest him on Thursday?

I saw that one too, Cheesner, but heard nothing more until today when ESPN added him to that column on their site saying he would be
playing this Sunday. So I sat and -- but his clip never
dropped down into their site. I waited til
later. No BJ.... I'll bet he's out. We read right here that he said he'd be ready for Sunday but MM didn't sound like he agreed.

I hope he's not going to be the dude who gets "pushy" although I don't think he'd win out anyway. :roll:
So is that ankle broken or sprained?

MJZiggy
09-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Sprained.

mission
09-11-2009, 09:12 PM
I love Raji's attitude that's portrayed in the latest articles on GBPG ... hopefully it's not rookie stupidity but rather a drive to be out on the field, making plays, and helping his team win.

This kid could be special... :idea:

Partial
09-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Well, let's hope he plays. We need the depth on the line for this game.

Lurker64
09-12-2009, 01:32 AM
Well, let's hope he plays. We need the depth on the line for this game.

Per Trgovac, we're only going to have 5 DL active on game day this year.

So if Raji can play the five will be: Jenkins, Pickett, Raji, Jolly and either Wynn or Montomery.

If Raji can't play, the five will be: Jenkins, Pickett, Jolly, Wynn, Montgomery.

The difference is purely "quality depth" vs. "depth", since we'll have the same number of DL suited up either way. If Raji is especially gimpy, he might not actually be more effective than Montgomery.