PDA

View Full Version : My predictions

cheesner
09-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Too impress you all with my football knowledge, prognosticating wherewith all, and my habit of getting lucky with these things, for the record here are some of my predictions for this year:

Feel free to add your own

NFC North
Pack 12-4 : As good (or better) as Preseason advertised. Their competiton wasn't very good, but Dom was actually holding back on defense. Offense is the best in the history of the GB Packers.
Vikes 10-6 : Brent doesn't make it a full season.
Bears 8-8 : I don't see the Bears as being much more than Average. Cutler will loose as many as he wins. Defense gets a bit worse as they have each season since DC left and key players age.
Lions 7-9 : they were not a 0-16 team last year and were competitive in at least 6 games.

PACKER PREDICTIONS

Top 5 offense and defense

AR 4500 yds/ 39 TDs / 14 ints/ 4 rush TDs.
Jennings 1300 yds/ 12 tds
Grant 1400 yds / 11 tds
Finley 700 yds/ 8 tds
Jones 900 yds/ 7 tds

AK 14.5 sacks
Woodson 7 ints - 2 tds
Matthews (starts by end of season) 5 sacks

Defensive Rookie of the Year: the Raj. 6 sacks/ 1 TD
Offensive Rookie of the Year: none

MVP: AR
DMVP: CWood

Players to step up their game and make an impact:
Hawk: Kicks butt in new scheme. Gets better each week and is dominating by the SB
Finley: Will be mentioned along with the elites in the league
Sitton: Helps improve the offensive line and RB production.
Jones: Is a fantastic possession reciever with hands like glue

NFL PREDICTIONS

Teams that will be worse than people are thinking (or at least worse than last season):
Cardinals, Miami, Bears, NO, NYJ, Eagles, Indy, Seahawks

Teams that will be better than people are thinking:
Lions, Bengals, jags, chiefs (although chiefs will be bad - not as bad as it looks), cowboys

All the rookie starting QBs will have a rough time of it - there will be no Matt Ryans or Joe Flaccos this year

Albert Haynesworth will not be worth what Wash paid him - by a long shot

All the TT bashers will appologize; change their user names and pretend they were behind him the whole time; or make and excuse like 'Well, he finally changed how he xxxxxx and now the Packers are succesful' or just attribute it to luck.

Packers win in Superbowl 35-18 vrs Patriots.
(I fly a week later to Tahiti and spend a week on the beach with a swimsuit/lingerie model from the money I bet)

Cheesehead Craig
09-10-2009, 12:48 PM
What about Driver? He won't be in the top 3 for receiving on the team?

Freak Out
09-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Don't bogart that shit man....... :smk:

cheesner
09-10-2009, 01:09 PM
I am sure DD will fall somewhere between J;ennings and Jones.- about what you would expect. Just wanted to show I expect Jones to emerge as a threat and do well despite limited oportunities.

cheesner
09-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Don't bogart that shit man....... :smk:That isn't legal here in Vegas like in Alaska.

And no - I made these prediction with a clear head. 8-)

Cheesehead Craig
09-10-2009, 02:32 PM
I am sure DD will fall somewhere between J;ennings and Jones.- about what you would expect. Just wanted to show I expect Jones to emerge as a threat and do well despite limited oportunities.
Gotcha, just projecting some players stats. Carry on.

MichiganPackerFan
09-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Shouldn't that read: "insert name of any free agent Washington buys will not be worth what Wash paid him - by a long shot"

cheesner
10-28-2009, 12:22 PM
PACKER PREDICTIONS

Top 5 offense and defense

AR 4500 yds/ 39 TDs / 14 ints/ 4 rush TDs. 4539/29/5/3
Jennings 1300 yds/ 12 tds 950/3
Grant 1400 yds / 11 tds 1320/8
Finley 700 yds/ 8 tds 693/3
Jones 900 yds/ 7 tds 315/5

AK 14.5 sacks 8
Woodson 7 ints - 2 tds 11/3
Matthews (starts by end of season) 5 sacks

Defensive Rookie of the Year: the Raj. 6 sacks/ 1 TD
Offensive Rookie of the Year: none

MVP: AR
DMVP: CWood

Players to step up their game and make an impact:
Hawk: Kicks butt in new scheme. Gets better each week and is dominating by the SB
Finley: Will be mentioned along with the elites in the league
Sitton: Helps improve the offensive line and RB production.
Jones: Is a fantastic possession reciever with hands like glue

NFL PREDICTIONS

Teams that will be worse than people are thinking (or at least worse than last season):
Cardinals, Miami, Bears, NO, NYJ, Eagles, Indy, Seahawks

Teams that will be better than people are thinking:
Lions, Bengals, jags, chiefs (although chiefs will be bad - not as bad as it looks), cowboys

Just checking in with some of my predictions to prove just how well I know the Packers. I am off on Jones, but now that Jordy is out, maybe he can make up some ground. I am still thinking Raji is going to do better in getting sacks as he overcomes his bum ankle and starts adjusting to the pro game. Projected stats are bolded.

As far as predicting bad teams, I have NO and Indy in there. There are misses in predictions, and then there are MISSES!

Maxie the Taxi
10-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Great job. I don't think I could predict now as well as you predicted then.

I hope you're exactly right come January.