View Full Version : Official Non-Packer Games Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

gex
09-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Cmon let Favre throw one!!!

red
nice throw from Favre

This does not feel right; I have about $2500 of Favre memorabilla in the Packer room and he's playing for the Vikes

same here

you want to cheer for him, but you can't

well.........

If the Packers would fall in the playoffs......and the Vikes are still there....guess who I root for ?

the team the queens play imo

MOBB DEEP
LORD FAVRE

falco
09-13-2009, 02:08 PM
nice throw from Favre

This does not feel right; I have about $2500 of Favre memorabilla in the Packer room and he's playing for the Vikes

same here

well.........

If the Packers would fall in the playoffs......and the Vikes are still there....guess who I root for ?

I've wondered about the same thing, but don't think I could.

I did root for the Giants over Patriots in the SB though.

gex
WWWOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
HOF!!!

imscott72
Harvin TD..Wow..

Bretsky
Favre tackles the rookie in the end zone

Rastak, you know he's coming back next year too unless you win a Super Bowl, right ?

jmbarnes101
09-13-2009, 02:09 PM
and that's the ball game.

Figured Philly would win but that's just a beatdown against a top team from last year.

falco
09-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Remember that Jets fans were in love with Favre when they were sitting at 8-3....

Now, not so much.

Bretsky
09-13-2009, 02:10 PM
nice throw from Favre

same here

well.........

I've wondered about the same thing, but don't think I could.

I did root for the Giants over Patriots in the SB though.

I was too pissed at the Giants to cheer for them

Actually I was pissed at Bush most of all and then Favre

But in the end I couldn't cheer for the Giants

GrnBay007

Rastak, you know he's coming back next year too unless you win a Super Bowl, right ?

:tup:

Rastak

Not sure....way too much stuff ahead to know.....hes hanging on to the ball too long but that was a nice drive.

jmbarnes101
09-13-2009, 02:11 PM
nice throw from Favre

same here

well.........

Anyone but the Vikings and Bears.

falco
09-13-2009, 02:11 PM

Not sure....way too much stuff ahead to know.....hes hanging on to the ball too long but that was a nice drive.

So far, good decision making and good zip on the ball.

That's really all he needs to do this year to make the Vikings a contender.

falco
09-13-2009, 02:12 PM

I was going to add the Lions, but you'd almost have to root _for_ them... lol

GrnBay007

C'mon Ras......you want to be happy, but you're just not sure you should be....and definitely not in these surroundings!! LOL :P

Lurker64
nice throw from Favre

same here

well.........

I just cheer for teams I like in the AFC if the Packers are no longer able to win the superbowl.

falco
09-13-2009, 02:13 PM
If we had released Favre and he came back for a non-rival, I'd root for him to get another ring.

But the way things went down, and the fact he's playing for the Vikings, I have to root against him.

BZnDallas
Mcnabb just got hurt... looks like the lower back... too bad that only helps the cowbitches!!! SHIT!

boiga

The way the O-line is working, no way he lasts that long.

jmbarnes101
09-13-2009, 02:14 PM

I was going to add the Lions, but you'd almost have to root _for_ them... lol

Thought of that too but how can you root against them at this point? They don't have a winnable game on paper until they play St. Louis.

imscott72
09-13-2009, 02:14 PM
If we had released Favre and he came back for a non-rival, I'd root for him to get another ring.

But the way things went down, and the fact he's playing for the Vikings, I have to root against him.

No doubt about it..

Rastak
09-13-2009, 02:16 PM

C'mon Ras......you want to be happy, but you're just not sure you should be....and definitely not in these surroundings!! LOL :P

No, I just know they are playing the Browns and there is a long season ahead. I said it all offseason, I'm not 100% sure this was a good move and this game hasn't swayed me in either direction. So far it isn't a negative!

MOBB DEEP

No doubt about it..

Relax Release

Rastak
Mcnabb just got hurt... looks like the lower back... too bad that only helps the cowbitches!!! SHIT!

Damn, I dont like Philly but I do like McNabb.

retailguy
09-13-2009, 02:17 PM

Not good. But they have Vick waiting in the wings for week 3.... lol

Maybe they can get Garcia to fill in week 2... :P

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 02:18 PM
I said it all offseason, I'm not 100% sure this was a good move

YOU ARE CRAZY!

falco
09-13-2009, 02:18 PM

No, I just know they are playing the Browns and there is a long season ahead. I said it all offseason, I'm not 100% sure this was a good move and this game hasn't swayed me in either direction. So far it isn't a negative!

I still believe it wasn't worth it, and won't change my mind unless they win the SB...either way, it wasn't the best long term solution for the vikings.

I think they would have been better coughing up the picks for Cutler.

falco
09-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Delhomme picking up right where he left off last year... 4 picks already.

gex
Dang, I started Favre but didnt start Harvin....Figured it would take a few weeks till he got in the endzone.

MOBB DEEP
..either way, it wasn't the best long term solution for the vikings.

WIN NOW LEAGUE

Rastak
Falco, no Harvin, no Loadholt then likely. I disagree....I think Harvin is going to be a big player in this league.

falco
09-13-2009, 02:20 PM

WIN NOW LEAGUE

I think the Packers have built a dominant team that is going to be able to win year after year by NOT following that approach.

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Falco, no Harvin, no Loadholt then likely. I disagree....I think Harvin is going to be a big player in this league.

Harvin FLAT OUT stud

BZnDallas
09-13-2009, 02:21 PM
i didn't start harvin either this week... that'll be changed for next week... lol

falco
09-13-2009, 02:21 PM

Good point....but also, no QB next year, and probably not picking high enough to take a franchise one in the draft.

gex
09-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Favre to Harvin could become quite the duo this season, with the defenses drawn in by AP.

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 02:22 PM

WIN NOW LEAGUE

I think the Packers have built a dominant team that is going to be able to win year after year by NOT following that approach.

I agree Falco. And like M. Irvin said, Pack should be dynasty in coming years.....but dif orgs take dif approaches dependn on alot of factors...for Minny THIS was best for Chilly'nem no?!

steve823
09-13-2009, 02:23 PM
ahhaha wow what a way to score for houston lolll

falco
09-13-2009, 02:23 PM

WIN NOW LEAGUE

I agree Falco. And like M. Irvin said, Pack should be dynasty in coming years.....but dif orgs take dif approaches dependn on alot of factors...for Minny THIS was best for Chilly'nem no?!

Yep - I think this was Chilly's desperation play to save his job.

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 02:24 PM

Good point....but also, no QB next year, and probably not picking high enough to take a franchise one in the draft.

No offense Falco but who gives a rats as about next year? I may be up in heaven then..Jesus may have come back by then

Rastak
09-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Sort of Falco, he looked at what he had and felt he could do better but it costs Ziggy a bunch of cash. That means even more pressure.

boiga
I finally found a proper feed, which is great...

But man these announcers are annoying.

MOBB DEEP

WIN NOW LEAGUE

Yep - I think this was Chilly's desperation play to save his job.

BOOM

Rastak
09-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Nice catch ....comon Jimmy damnit.

gex
Announcers giving love to Brett :D

falco
Sort of Falco, he looked at what he had and felt he could do better but it costs Ziggy a bunch of cash. That means even more pressure.

Shouldn't the ticket and merchandise sales make it a wash at minimum?

BZnDallas
Wade Phillips is the UGLIEST cowboy cheerleader in HISTORY!!!!

falco
09-13-2009, 02:27 PM
This is why I love Favre coming back... this game is just like a packer game, plus we still get the packers tonight!

gex
This is why I love Favre coming back... this game is just like a packer game, plus we still get the packers tonight!

2nd 8-)

Rastak

Shouldn't the ticket and merchandise sales make it a wash at minimum?

Not sure.....could very well be.

This has been a good thread, no sarcastic bullshit, just football.

jmbarnes101
09-13-2009, 02:28 PM

Harvin FLAT OUT stud

Which team is your favorite? Seriously, you come off as if the Vikings are your favorite.

BF or not, I don't see how anyone can root for the Bears or Vikings to do well. I hate both teams equally and Favre is the enemy. He did that all by himself and I'll root against him until he retires.

Bretsky
09-13-2009, 02:28 PM

Favre will be back next year

Rastak
09-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Holy shit Winfield can hit for a short dude.

falco

Yeah...in the middle of August... :lol:

denverYooper
Broncos seem to have flipped this year so far: D is playing well and offense can't move the ball.

jmbarnes101

You've all gone insane.

Rastak
09-13-2009, 02:30 PM

Yeah...in the middle of August... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

falco
09-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Wow, Quinn is a dolt

Bretsky
OMG did Quinn really do that ?

denverYooper
Holy Shit, Quinn looks bad.

falco
09-13-2009, 02:32 PM

You've all gone insane.

You misunderstood me.... for me, I get to root for the team playing the Vikings as if they were the packers.

Rastak
Nice vision by Peterson.

falco
The Browns have now given up.

Bretsky
09-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Nice vision by Peterson.

Best player in the NFL

Can't take it away from Partial; he was spot on be4 the draft with that guy

falco
09-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Favre will smell like Ben-Gay by the end of the day.

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 02:35 PM

2nd 8-)

3rd..im giddy as all get out!

Rastak

Teams blitz the shit out of the Vikings, I thought Frerotte was going to get killed last year.

falco

2nd 8-)

I fucked up somehow, getting associated with these guys.

falco
09-13-2009, 02:36 PM

Teams blitz the shit out of the Vikings, I thought Frerotte was going to get killed last year.

No offense Ras, but even with all their weapons and their tough D, your guys look very beatable. Can't wait for the showdown.

Rastak
09-13-2009, 02:37 PM

No offense Ras, but even with all their weapons and their tough D, your guys look very beatable. Can't wait for the showdown.

It will be fun.

MOBB DEEP

Harvin FLAT OUT stud

Which team is your favorite? Seriously, you come off as if the Vikings are your favorite.

BF or not, I don't see how anyone can root for the Bears or Vikings to do well. I hate both teams equally and Favre is the enemy. He did that all by himself and I'll root against him until he retires.

BLAME TED THOMPSON

gex
Favre needs a couple o games to get his timing and comfort level down pat, he shoulda signed earlier, damn injuries and indecisiveness.

jmbarnes101
09-13-2009, 02:38 PM
[quote=falco]This is why I love Favre coming back... this game is just like a packer game, plus we still get the packers tonight!

You've all gone insane.

You misunderstood me.... for me, I get to root for the team playing the Vikings as if they were the packers.[/quote

Well that makes a lot more sense. I thought this place was becoming Bizarro World.

denverYooper
09-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Maualuga's bringin' some wood in the Bengals-Donks game.

jmbarnes101

Harvin FLAT OUT stud

BLAME TED THOMPSON

Okay not going to get into it for the sake of everyone else. NOT TT's FAULT BF is a diva and makes Jay Cutler look sane.

MOBB DEEP

2nd 8-)

I fucked up somehow, getting associated with these guys.

lol

Dam the haters and know it alls....

Im a grown as man as ced entertainer would say

I didnt turn favre away when he tried to come to camp and COMPETE :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2009, 02:40 PM

Ummm... I think I was the one in the draft thread that was very disappointed that the Vikings got Peterson. Just because I haven't tooted my own horn since then, I think I should get some credit also.
:D

Rastak
09-13-2009, 02:41 PM

Ummm... I think I was the one in the draft thread that was very disappointed that the Vikings got Peterson. Just because I haven't tooted my own horn since then, I think I should get some credit also.

I don't recall the second player but you did say I hope the Vikes don't get Peterson or { I forget }.

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 02:42 PM

Harvin FLAT OUT stud

BLAME TED THOMPSON

Okay not going to get into it for the sake of everyone else. NOT TT's FAULT BF is a diva and makes Jay Cutler look sane.

Not that serious for me; mere ENTERTAINMENT...Im happy when pack wins AND win favre succeeds; REAL cool existence imho since I dont control NONE of it!

falco
09-13-2009, 02:43 PM
One of the real tests will be what happens when Minny falls behind, and Favre can't be just a game manager anymore.

falco
09-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Peterson is a man amongst boys.

Rastak
Holy shit!

Holy shit.............did I say Holy Shit?

boiga
He's just ridiculous

imscott72
Holy shit AP...Dude is unreal..

falco
09-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Rodgers vs AROD for MVP this year... :lol:

GrnBay007
09-13-2009, 02:45 PM
AP is a BEAST! lol

denverYooper
09-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Too bad the Browns gave up at halftime.

gex
09-13-2009, 02:46 PM
ALL DAY

Rastak
09-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Time to send in the scrubs....Nice prediction by Adam Schein......

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 02:47 PM
AP is a BEAST! lol

You are insane double 0

steve823
09-13-2009, 02:48 PM
too much viking love in this tread ahhh. ill be back for the game tonight..until then ill wait for the giants to lose to the skins hopefully

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Time to send in the scrubs....Nice prediction by Adam Schein......

lol

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 02:49 PM
ill wait for the giants to lose to the skins hopefully

PLEASE

GrnBay007
AP is a BEAST! lol

You are insane double 0

I know....my kids call me bi-polar all the time. :P :wink: :P

MOBB DEEP

:?:

falco
09-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Receivers aren't doing Quinn any favors.

boiga
Wow, Bengals just took the lead 7-6 with 20 seconds left. Carson Palmer and Cedric Benson actually looked good on the drive.

falco

Rodgers vs AP, sorry.

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Did favre even play today?

GrnBay007
09-13-2009, 02:52 PM
too much viking love in this tread ahhh. ill be back for the game tonight..until then ill wait for the giants to lose to the skins hopefully

Actually I was going to comment that it was nice to have a game thread that has something to do with Favre that was not filled with a bunch of negative stuff. This has been a nice game thread. Kudos all!!

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 02:52 PM

Rodgers vs AP, sorry.

Gotcha..

And I could see that

Rdgers is the MAN

Rastak
09-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Vikes put up 34, Favre has 110 yards passing.....lol.

gex
09-13-2009, 02:54 PM

Actually I was going to comment that it was nice to have a game thread that has something to do with Favre that was not filled with a bunch of negative stuff. This has been a nice game thread. Kudos all!!

That is very true, a few kinda tried but nobody else joined in so they couldnt get the gang mentality rolling. :lol:

MOBB DEEP

QFT

boiga
Favre wasn't really enough of a presence in the game to really dish on him one way or another. As a Packer fan still pissed at the guy, I at least enjoyed watching him get knocked on his butt over and over.

And it's fun watching AP no matter who he plays for. He's one of those players that makes the NFL fun.

Partial
09-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Peterson is such a freak.

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 02:56 PM

On pace for 1760 and 16 TDs no ints...perfect

gex
So with this start does Favre tie Jim Marshalls record?

Bretsky

I just remember before the draft he noted AP was the one guy we should sacrifice the future to go up and get because he was going to be a superstar. If I recall he caught some crap for that as well. I think several were disappointed that AP went to the Vikes

gex
09-13-2009, 02:57 PM

On pace for 1760 and 16 TDs no ints...perfect
haha nice :D

GrnBay007
09-13-2009, 02:57 PM
ok, gotta get some more work done.....see ya all for the Packer game!!!!

GO PACK!!! :cow:

Bretsky
09-13-2009, 02:58 PM
AP is a BEAST! lol

You are insane double 0

aren't all girls bi-polar ??

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 02:58 PM
AP is a BEAST! lol

You are insane double 0

Me thinks so

Bretsky
09-13-2009, 02:59 PM
YOU GOTTA BE SHITTING ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOOOKKKEEELLLYYYY

red
09-13-2009, 02:59 PM
OMG

did anyone just see that TD by the broncos?

denverYooper
09-13-2009, 03:00 PM

STOOOKKKEEELLLYYYY

Yeah! That was insane!

GrnBay007

--> B :butt: <-- 007

boiga
HOLY CRAP!!!!

Orton lofts a bad pass with just seconds left.... it gets tipped into the air right into the hands of another broncos receiver.... 80 yard TD

Fricken ridiculous. That ball was tipped 20 feet into the air. Ridiculous

steve823
HOLYYYYYY CRAP HAHAH U GUYS HEAR THE ANNOUNCER HAHA

Bretsky
double holy shit

This can only happen to the Bengals :!:

RashanGary
09-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Favre did what he's going to have to do all year and what he's good for at this point in his career. He managed the game well and let his guys win it for him. Minny is a damn good team. It's going to be a battle.

I hope we demolish them/him, but I know it's going to be a battle in this division.

denverYooper
09-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Damn Orton.

red
09-13-2009, 03:02 PM
now i need a miracle td by chad johnson(i'm not calling him that other stupid name)

steve823
09-13-2009, 03:03 PM
haha they showed the gu ythat tipped it on the sideline AHAHA. hes sittin there staring at the floor and didnt move once

retailguy
09-13-2009, 03:03 PM
now i need a miracle td by chad johnson(i'm not calling him that other stupid name)

OCHO STINKO! :D

red
09-13-2009, 03:05 PM
delhomme sucks

5 int's?

1 freaking point for steve smith

go shoot yourself jake

Rastak
09-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Carolina and Houston have to be disapointed.

red
09-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Carolina and Houston have to be disapointed.

i watched a lot of the houston game, they looked absolutely pathetic

Fosco33
09-13-2009, 03:15 PM

STOOOKKKEEELLLYYYY

Was watching that live for whatever reason - that was insane. I love how he ran parallel to waste some time.

steve823
09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
lol yup. he did what I do in madden once I bomb it to Jennings

mission
09-13-2009, 04:21 PM
jason campbell sucks... why doesn't anyone talk about his long, deliberate release like leftwich's?? it's just as bad ...

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Osi is a BEAST

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Go Skins

red
09-13-2009, 04:38 PM
what the hell is going on with the cardinals?

Rastak
09-13-2009, 04:45 PM

Imploding.......

Freak Out
09-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Nate Burleson with a Mohawk and a TD.

Lurker64
09-13-2009, 04:58 PM

Really bad superbowl hangover.

Bretsky
09-13-2009, 05:19 PM

You see that your guy got a TD for Seattle already ? :wink:

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Bills on a mission it appears

Like the late great Bernie Mac would say, I aint scared of u MFs

boiga
09-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Big drop by TO in his hands. Boos in the crowd.

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 06:59 PM
lol

and didnt he lead league in drops 2 years ago?

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 07:10 PM
The original Freak Taylor scores 1st TD w/Pats

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 07:20 PM
WOW....Buf came to play

Lurker64
09-14-2009, 07:45 PM
WOW....Buf came to play

Aaron Schobel being healthy makes a big difference to the Bills defense. They actually have a pass rush from their front four, that makes a big difference.

I wonder how much of this is just the Pats OL being shaky though.

Freak Out
09-14-2009, 07:53 PM
lol

and didnt he lead league in drops 2 years ago?

All of the Bill receivers are dropping them now.......

Lurker64
09-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Pretty bad call there on the roughing the passer. Wilfork can't help but hit the QB low... he's short (and he's got excellent pad level).

Still, "roughing the passer" is one of the most inconsistently called penalty in the league. Guys get called on it for hits that, on review, are clearly clean and reasonable yet guys get away with all sorts of borderline shit. I'm not sure how to fix it other than " the gloves are off, boys" which isn't a very good solution.

GrnBay007
09-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Well, TO is doing well for me in FF........big fat ZERO!!! :(

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Moss is puttn on clinic

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 08:12 PM
This is a good arse game

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 08:35 PM

Now look

Fosco33
09-14-2009, 08:40 PM
I generally like throw back uniforms - but these are ugly... and the refs don't look like zebras... more like candy canes.

GrnBay007
09-14-2009, 08:41 PM

Now look

3 pts. Not enough Mobb

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 08:43 PM
great game

Tyrone Bigguns
09-14-2009, 08:47 PM
I generally like throw back uniforms - but these are ugly... and the refs don't look like zebras... more like candy canes.

Really? I love these unis.

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 08:50 PM

Now look

3 pts. Not enough Mobb

Now Look was about his penalty

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 08:52 PM

QFT, esp pats

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 08:58 PM
oh snap

red
09-14-2009, 09:01 PM
thats one way to hand the game away

what a boneheaded move

Zool
09-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Holy gigantic choke job

GrnBay007
09-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Unreal. NE just finds a way to win.

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 09:03 PM
RT double o

red
09-14-2009, 09:13 PM
shut the hell up suzie and let the man get off the field

what an annoying little knat

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Uhhh...her job

Fosco33
09-14-2009, 09:18 PM

At a glance I see Colts vs. Oilers in red...

Lurker64
09-14-2009, 09:25 PM
DHB drop count: 1

red
09-14-2009, 09:27 PM
int +1 for russell

GrnBay007
09-14-2009, 09:28 PM
At a glance I see Colts vs. Oilers in red...

haha me too!!

red
09-14-2009, 10:17 PM
DHB, drop #2

boiga
09-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Okay this is weird.

Raiders are taking it to the Chargers 10-7 at half time. They are completely dominating the trenches and looking like the much better team.

Are we in Bizarro land?

red
09-14-2009, 10:46 PM
ok, steve young needs to go away

guys a dickhead, and nobody but him can be right

he's a horrible announcer

boiga
09-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Agreed red. How can an announcer not know that you have to maintain control as a receiver if you go to the ground, no matter where on the field you are? Read the fricken rules.

And the Chargers scored one more field goal off of a terrific Sproles run back. Tie game at half. World is normalized.

Am I wrong that the Raiders are looking like the better team?

sheepshead
09-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Greenberg(Greeny) and Golic? I couldnt stand that guy when he was here. How he ever got a national audience I'll never know. The guys a worm.

steve823
09-15-2009, 12:59 AM
Woo guys I agree but it can be a lot worse... TONY KORNHEISER...makes Steve Young sounds like jesus.

Zool
09-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Woo guys I agree but it can be a lot worse... TONY KORNHEISER...makes Steve Young sounds like jesus.

If Jesus was the sideline reporter would players be thanking him for like an hour after each game they won?

Freak Out
09-15-2009, 02:37 PM
thats one way to hand the game away

what a boneheaded move

Wouldn't the special teams coach have told the returners to take a knee in that situation? WTF do these guys think about back there.....what's for dinner?

MOBB DEEP
09-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Bill's Leodis Mckelvin's lawn vandalized after fumble in MNF loss...

wow, way to keep things in perspective fanatics

MOBB DEEP
09-16-2009, 09:22 AM

Korn's funny tho; young, not so much

denverYooper
09-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Bill's Leodis Mckelvin's lawn vandalized after fumble in MNF loss...

wow, way to keep things in perspective fanatics

That's effed up.

MOBB DEEP
09-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Most def....

I just heard bob ryan say that back in 1973 Dan Devine's dog was poisoned by an out of control fan....any of you old heads remember this incident in GB?

side bar; Maybe packing a gun IS a good idea if its registered...and behaviors such as this could certainly lead to the athletes who feel they're targets sayn "i told you so...., we have to worry about the public"

I was actually home in Milwaukee when Glenn BIG DOG Robinson got car jacked about 3 mins from my mama'nem house (he dated/boned 2 of my ex girls AFTER me btw). Different scenarios since this wasnt a passionate fan upset b/c of a loss. But being easily ID'd or folk knowing where u live has to be somewhat of a concern

Bill Plaschke made good point too that fans are angrier today than ever. I believe thats indicative of society in general; at the time when we have more "things" moral decay and disrespect of your "neighbor" (love thy neighbor as one's self!) is hightened

Jesus, SOON COME....

MOBB DEEP
09-16-2009, 06:57 PM
That Favre-Sears commercial is HILARIOUS too

gex
09-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Might as well get this to the top.
Hey, I just noticed all the stickys are finally gone.

Congrats, gex!!

Your troll count is almost to 1,000.

BTW, I hope Joe see's this post by you. It is excactly the kind of attacks that this forum didn't have in your abscence :oops:

:cry:

Fritz
09-17-2009, 12:40 PM
The Lions can't sell out their new stadium, despite Adrian Peterson, Brett Favre, and the divisional rival Bi-Kings coming to town.

Plus their #1 pick is playing QB. Wow.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2009, 03:39 PM
The Lions can't sell out their new stadium, despite Adrian Peterson, Brett Favre, and the divisional rival Bi-Kings coming to town.

Lots of teams are having problems selling out....i don't know, but you might have heard we are in a recession. Somebody told me michigan's unemployment rate is very high....and i think they manufacture a product there that is in deep do do. :wink:

Freak Out
09-17-2009, 05:15 PM
I was actually home in Milwaukee when Glenn BIG DOG Robinson got car jacked about 3 mins from my mama'nem house (he dated/boned 2 of my ex girls AFTER me btw).

Jesus, SOON COME....

:lol:

MOBB DEEP
09-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Bi-Kings

lol...u cats are funny around these parts

MOBB DEEP
09-18-2009, 07:34 PM

No black out!

...whew...locals need an escape...

Administrator
09-18-2009, 11:13 PM

Lots of teams are having problems selling out....i don't know, but you might have heard we are in a recession. Somebody told me michigan's unemployment rate is very high....and i think they manufacture a product there that is in deep do do. :wink:

Blueberries? :D

swede
09-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Most def....

I just heard bob ryan say that back in 1973 Dan Devine's dog was poisoned by an out of control fan....any of you old heads remember this incident in GB?

I remember reading a post from a few years back by someone who had heard a very local version. It seems that Dan Devine's dog was a chicken stealing pest that wandered over the neighbors' properties and generally made a nuisance of himself. It is quite possible he wolfed down a pack of D-Con as he nosed about the neighbors' garbage cans.

Or someone was mad about football and poisoned his dog.

I know which story sounds more likely to me.

Gunakor
09-19-2009, 12:28 AM

No black out!

If they blacked out every single home game of the season for Detroit, how many locals do you think would even notice?

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 04:57 AM
Most def....

I remember reading a post from a few years back by someone who had heard a very local version. It seems that Dan Devine's dog was a chicken stealing pest that wandered over the neighbors' properties and generally made a nuisance of himself. It is quite possible he wolfed down a pack of D-Con as he nosed about the neighbors' garbage cans.

Or someone was mad about football and poisoned his dog.

I know which story sounds more likely to me.

Good info.......

Me thinks Ladanian may be about washed up... :cry:

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 05:01 AM

No black out!

If they blacked out every single home game of the season for Detroit, how many locals do you think would even notice?

He He....

I believe 2 years ago Minny lost up there and I heard at least one talkn head pick them today!

Trap game?

Calvin v Winfield should be nice matchup

Partial
09-20-2009, 01:45 PM
How can the perfect pats have 3 points in the first half? What happened to the 50 point stompings they were putting on people two years ago? Hoody, I have Brady and need you to light his fire.

Partial
09-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Warner is 18 of 19 in the first half. Atta boy.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 01:46 PM
How can the perfect pats have 3 points in the first half? What happened to the 50 point stompings they were putting on people two years ago? Hoody, I have Brady and need you to light his fire.

The Pats don't have Dante Stallworth anymore. That's gotta be it.

Partial
09-20-2009, 01:48 PM

The Pats don't have Dante Stallworth anymore. That's gotta be it.

Could be. That receiving corps was stacked with DS was your third receiver.

Bossman641
09-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Favre got away with one on that pass

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 01:57 PM
AD!

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Trade Brady

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Dumb decision

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 03:01 PM
who is this odom cat?

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 03:01 PM
now crowd booing?

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 03:07 PM
jets about to win

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 04:05 PM
wouldnt be surprised if bears win today; redic day as it is...!

denverYooper
09-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Fuckin' A Denver's O-Line is good today.

Orton, not so much.

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 05:08 PM

Orton, not so much.

who is winning?

Charles Woodson
09-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Dont know if its been said, but Frank Gore is ungodly today 13 for 206 and 2 TD's

denverYooper
09-20-2009, 05:21 PM

Orton, not so much.

who is winning?

Denvah.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Dont know if its been said, but Frank Gore is ungodly today 13 for 206 and 2 TD's

He was ungodly at the U b4 he hurt his knee.

2nd best freshmen i saw sides Marcus Dupree.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 06:10 PM
niners played very well. great on the defense for 2nd week in a row. wasn't a fan of singletary but he might be onto something out there. 2 division wins, hill looks competent, gore looks excellent, defense is really hustling.

they could be really good.

denverYooper
09-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Ray Lewis just blew up Darren Sproles to win the game for the Ravens. Nice.

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 07:44 PM
niners played very well. great on the defense for 2nd week in a row. wasn't a fan of singletary but he might be onto something out there. 2 division wins, hill looks competent, gore looks excellent, defense is really hustling.

they could be really good.

@ minny next week...whew

gex
09-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Sunday night football halftime show sucks, 2 sec highlights on not even half the games. sheesh :x

MJZiggy
09-20-2009, 09:35 PM
It's like today was missed kick day...

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 06:18 AM

Let's see if Benson can run against the D of Ravens the way he did at Lambeau :evil:

After we lose to an opponent, I always like to see how they perform the next couple of weeks

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 07:42 AM

Let's see if Benson can run against the D of Ravens the way he did at Lambeau :evil:

After we lose to an opponent, I always like to see how they perform the next couple of weeks

Doubt it. The Ravens have the best 3-4 ILB in the business, the best SS in a generation, and a defense well versed in the scheme they run. Benson won't break 100 today.

Rastak
09-27-2009, 07:49 AM
Vikes 49ers should be a good one. Heading out in about 90 minutes for the pre-game pints and brunch and then it's over to the stadium for some football.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 07:58 AM
Vikes 49ers should be a good one. Heading out in about 90 minutes for the pre-game pints and brunch and then it's over to the stadium for some football.

I agree, that should be a great game. Have fun.

pbmax
09-27-2009, 09:09 AM

Doubt it. The Ravens have the best 3-4 ILB in the business, the best SS in a generation, and a defense well versed in the scheme they run. Benson won't break 100 today.
I doubt it too. Especially since the Bengals and CedBen are playing Pittsburgh in Cincy while the Browns and Jamaal Lewis are playing Baltimore in Maryland. I think MOOB got his teams in orange confused.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 09:15 AM

I doubt it too. Especially since the Bengals and CedBen are playing Pittsburgh in Cincy while the Browns and Jamaal Lewis are playing Baltimore in Maryland. I think MOOB got his teams in orange confused.

Oops, I missed that one too.

:oops:

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Longwell hits a 50 yarder, his 21st career joint

Cheesehead Craig
09-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Well, I am officially starting to eat crow about Flacco. Guy's having a great season so far. Granted, it's been against real crappy competition, but great play nonetheless.

Bretsky
09-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Well, I am officially starting to eat crow about Flacco. Guy's having a great season so far. Granted, it's been against real crappy competition, but great play nonetheless.

Flacco is a gamer

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Skins down to lions 13-0 at half...WOW

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Zorn HAS to go

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 03:21 PM
JETS!!!

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 03:31 PM
God awful ugly Seahawk uniforms

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Hawks offense making Bears look silly.

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 03:35 PM

But I hope the hideous things run at will up and down the field. Go ugly neon shirts!!!!

gbgary
09-27-2009, 03:44 PM

But I hope the hideous things run at will up and down the field. Go ugly neon shirts!!!!

in the Packers' game thread i just mentioned that that sea looked like a bunch of crossing guards.

Brohm
09-27-2009, 03:49 PM
13-0 Pit v Cin in Cin

Rastak
09-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Just got back from the game.....Favre dart with 12 seconds ends it...unreal.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 04:01 PM

Im jealous u were there? u got season tix?

Rastak
09-27-2009, 04:04 PM

I do indeed. Nice seats too.

80 yards, zero timeouts......what a finsh....Favre hung in there and just nailed it.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 04:11 PM

80 yards, zero timeouts......what a finsh....Favre hung in there and just nailed it.

Congrats Ras. That was indeed a helluva finish. Got one question though, since my fantasy team is suffering. Where the hell was Peterson today?

Didn't watch the game, for obvious reasons.

Rastak
09-27-2009, 04:14 PM

Congrats Ras. That was indeed a helluva finish. Got one question though, since my fantasy team is suffering. Where the hell was Peterson today?

Didn't watch the game, for obvious reasons.

49ers are pretty tough against the run....they play some really sound football. Peterson busted one and had a couple other nice carries. He averaged 4.5 yards a carry. Not his usual lofty standards but nothing too exiciting either.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 04:17 PM
No, I mean where was he? 19 carries for the day? That's it?

BF threw 46 passes today for crying out loud!

Iron Mike
09-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Where the hell are the Bear trolls today, talking smack about how their Ds gonna tear Seattle a new asshole?? :roll:

Rastak
09-27-2009, 04:20 PM

Like I said, they were pretty stingy against the run. Plus, they played from behind in that 4th quarter so you gotta be able to throw.

pasquale
09-27-2009, 04:24 PM

Like I said, they were pretty stingy against the run. Plus, they played from behind in that 4th quarter so you gotta be able to throw.

Feels great to finally have that option, I bet.

Rastak
09-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Favre was kind of up and down all day. He had some terrible passes, he had a great pass to Berrian that Berrian dropped and that last pass was a dart exactly where it had to be.

Vikings still need to get it together though, they had an average day on offense and defense....maybe a little below average.....Harvin is amazing though.

Iron Mike
09-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Colin Cole has two tackles against Da Bears this half.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Harvin is amazing though.

FLAT OUT STUD

falco
09-27-2009, 04:35 PM
That was an amazing play by Favre and great catch by the receiver. Can't take anything away from them.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 04:44 PM
That was an amazing play by Favre and great catch by the receiver. Can't take anything away from them.

Favre gave ALL credit to lew

GREAT day win pack AND brett win...

next week will be AWESOME

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Where the hell are the Bear trolls today, talking smack about how their Ds gonna tear Seattle a new asshole?? :roll:

SeattleRats?

Brohm
09-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Pick 6 for Bengals 13-10 Pitt...nm f'd up snap on extra point 13-9 Pitt V Bungles.

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 04:58 PM

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT

B. Favre 24/46 301 2 1 (2 sacks and at least 2 delay of games)

Rushing CAR YDS TD LG

A. Peterson 19 85 0 35
C. Taylor 6 16 0 8
B. Favre 1 1 0 1
P. Harvin 1 -8 0 -8

That's 94 yards rushing (net).

The 49ers have a serious 'D'.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Calvin Johnson rocks!

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Favre was kind of up and down all day. He had some terrible passes, he had a great pass to Berrian that Berrian dropped and that last pass was a dart exactly where it had to be.

Vikings still need to get it together though, they had an average day on offense and defense....maybe a little below average.....Harvin is amazing though.

Harvin looks to me as the leading candidate for NFC 'rookie of the year'. Harvin's explosive 101 KO return for a TD Vs the 49ers was huge for Minny.