PDA

View Full Version : Official Non-Packer Games Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Scott Campbell
12-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Can you believe that the Vikings now need help to clinch a bye. This team was 10-1.

mraynrand
12-29-2009, 08:32 AM
The weird thing is that if the Vikes win the early game and Philly wins the late game, the Packers can try to determine who they play. If the Vikes win, AZ has little to play for, and the Packers can 'decide' to return to AZ with a loss or go to MN with a win. You could have a situation (if the Eagles blow out the Cowboys) where AZ and GB are trying desperately to lose to one another! It might look like one of the those late season NBA 'lottery' games of yore!

pbmax
12-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Cardinals will have to put their usual effort into this week since they will not know about the availability of the #2 seed until shortly before game time. I'm not sure a #3 seed motivates them, but a bye probably will.

I think there is one scenario where the Pack play the Eagles, but it involves a Eagles - Cowboys tie. And Donovan McNabb knows all about ties.

pbmax
12-29-2009, 08:45 AM
In the second half it seemed like they used many more spread formations and used the pass to set up the run.

You know Rodgers said something yesterday that I think really applied to this. The Vikings offense, when it's struggling, looks a lot like the Packers offense struggling with pressure causing problems.

Rodgers said by spreading it out, it makes the defense more "vanilla". I think a smart QB who's in tune wiht his offense knows there is only so much a defense can do when there are 4 or 5 wide receivers. Both Favre and Rodgers are smart QB's. When the offense is in a more traditional set, defenses can really disguise coverages and that killed Rodgers early in the season. It was killing Favre early in this game.

When they spread it out with good weapons and a really smart QB, I think it becomes very hard for a defense to stop. And I agree, the Vikings are better off spread 4 wide (maybe Shiancoe as the 4th) and Peterson in the backfied. Favre was picking them apart when he had it spread out.
Its not just the spread. He mentioned Finley specifically.

Neither team has a dominant OL anymore; GB's is probably weaker. I think both teams create matchup problems when they spread things out. Without Al Harris it becomes harder for GB to defend that set. But I still think the Vikings coaching staff thinks it should be using the run to set up the pass. I'm not sure the OL is dominant enough to go with that mojo.
The odd thing is, the run first scenario is what everyone expected and saw for the first three weeks of the season and it looked like it was going to work. After the Packer game, where they focused on Peterson, things tipped back to the passing game.

It has been Favre's offense for 2 1/2 months now. Peterson isn't the featured player. I wonder what caused the Vikings to revert back to the original plan, at least in the first half. Was it Brett's rough patch, the weather or the Bears D?

TennesseePackerBacker
12-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Cardinals will have to put their usual effort into this week since they will not know about the availability of the #2 seed until shortly before game time. I'm not sure a #3 seed motivates them, but a bye probably will.

I think there is one scenario where the Pack play the Eagles, but it involves a Eagles - Cowboys tie. And Donovan McNabb knows all about ties.

The Vikings loss nixed that. We have no chance to play the Iggles. It's looking like 80/20 we play the Cards. But, as someone said, if the Queens lose we could have a real shot at playing them first round.

edit: We also have a chance to play the Cowgirls. If they win, Vikes lose, and we lose.

pbmax
12-29-2009, 09:19 AM

The Vikings loss nixed that. We have no chance to play the Iggles. It's looking like 80/20 we play the Cards. But, as someone said, if the Queens lose we could have a real shot at playing them first round.

edit: We also have a chance to play the Cowgirls. If they win, Vikes lose, and we lose.
Check out this: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&16=55045525

If the Packers lose, Eagles-Cowboys tie and Minnesota wins, we play the Eagles 3 vs. 6.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-29-2009, 09:21 AM

Check out this: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&16=55045525

If the Packers lose, Eagles-Cowboys tie and Minnesota wins, we play the Eagles 3 vs. 6.

I could've sworn I went thru all the scenarios earlier. My bad, I stand corrected.

gbgary
01-03-2010, 12:19 PM
wes welker out with a knee.

gbgary
01-03-2010, 01:00 PM
massive snow-game going on in buffalo...beating indy at the moment 14-7

red
01-03-2010, 01:02 PM

man, i wish i could get that game

i love snow games

digitaldean
01-03-2010, 01:02 PM

That stinks for the Pats. Moss is a great WR, but I don't think he'd be able to carry things if Welker is out in the playoffs.

gbgary
01-03-2010, 01:04 PM

That stinks for the Pats. Moss is a great WR, but I don't think he'd be able to carry things if Welker is out in the playoffs.

yup. he'll be easy to shut down if he's by himself. the knee buckled pretty good on a cut. might me serious.

pack4to84
01-03-2010, 01:09 PM

i love snow gamescheck out http://www.p2p4u.net/

red
01-03-2010, 01:10 PM

i love snow gamescheck out http://www.p2p4u.net/

yeah, those never work for me

i always get the thing saying that it has no clue how to open that address

wait, thats a different site. this one works

thanks for the link

gbgary
01-03-2010, 01:11 PM
buff up 21-7...owens deep.

minn in a cake walk.

digitaldean
01-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Boy, the Giants are laying down and the Vikes actually playing like they have something to prove. That combo equals the laugher thats going on now.

NE just tied up Houston. Actually would like to see Houston get their first winning season.

Packerarcher
01-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Where is Ty and his big mouth to bash Favre now?

packers11
01-03-2010, 01:47 PM
bye pats. without welker they are screwed.

TennesseePackerBacker
01-03-2010, 01:54 PM
bye pats. without welker they are screwed.

And this is why teams rest their key starters...

digitaldean
01-03-2010, 01:54 PM
With the Vikes securing at least a shot at #2 seed, the Cards won't have as much to play for come game time.

Just as soon get a victory without having to show them much.

Could be wrong, but I don't think Whisenhunt would risk Warner to injury if there's no real benefit.

GrnBay007
01-03-2010, 01:57 PM

He'll be here later with his critique of Favre. Something like the Vikings we not winning by 50 at halftime due to the mistakes by Favre in the first half.

TennesseePackerBacker
01-03-2010, 02:03 PM

He'll be here later with his critique of Favre. Something like the Vikings we not winning by 50 at halftime due to the mistakes by Favre in the first half.

The old man needs to be in a dome to be worth a damn in December/January. They better pray Philly loses to the Cowboys today.

Bossman641
01-03-2010, 02:03 PM

How dare he not worship Favre like you do!!

imscott72
01-03-2010, 02:11 PM
The Giants are awful and have mailed it in. Favre isn't exactly roasting a good team here today.

MJZiggy
01-03-2010, 02:13 PM

The old man needs to be in a dome to be worth a damn in December/January. They better pray Philly loses to the Cowboys today.

Go Eagles!

pack4to84
01-03-2010, 02:19 PM
With the Vikes securing at least a shot at #2 seed, the Cards won't have as much to play for come game time.

Could be wrong, but I don't think Whisenhunt would risk Warner to injury if there's no real benefit.you mean the Vikings would have secured the 3rd seed. Eagle play the same time as our game. If Eagles win they get 2nd seed. The Packer/Card game now has no meaning at all for both teams with a Viking win.

Brando19
01-03-2010, 02:22 PM
:o Just saw where Tom Brady reportedly has 3 broken ribs! Not a good day for Pats fans!

TennesseePackerBacker
01-03-2010, 02:26 PM

Go Eagles!

My thoughts exactly.

digitaldean
01-03-2010, 02:29 PM

Could be wrong, but I don't think Whisenhunt would risk Warner to injury if there's no real benefit.you mean the Vikings would have secured the 3rd seed. Eagle play the same time as our game. If Eagles win they get 2nd seed. The Packer/Card game now has no meaning at all for both teams with a Viking win.

Yes, virtually no meaning in our game. Only thing it could do is decide if we are a #5 or #6 seed. But either way we'll play AZ again.

Cheesehead Craig
01-03-2010, 02:43 PM
The Giants are awful and have mailed it in. Favre isn't exactly roasting a good team here today.
Why didn't the Giants just forfeit instead of showing up?

pbmax
01-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Didn't the Jaguars have a playoff spot on the line today And they are losing to the Browns? Holmgren must have everyone on fire in fear for their job.

pbmax
01-03-2010, 02:48 PM
And Miami's not going down without a fight. Just scored a TD.

digitaldean
01-03-2010, 02:53 PM
TD Houston!

Plus Big Ben fumbles ball away to Fins.

digitaldean
01-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Just as I type this...

Miami gave the ball back to Pittsburgh.

Joemailman
01-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Why didn't the Giants just forfeit instead of showing up?

Has a playoff contender ever finished a season worse than the Giants? Until last week I was really nervous that they would beat out the Packers for the last playoff spot.

red
01-03-2010, 02:55 PM
why did i just have to watch the entire queens-ants game? it was over at the start of the second quarter.

you telling me fox couldn't cut to anything else, even an infomercial?

Joemailman
01-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Don't you have a remote?

red
01-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Don't you have a remote?

yeah, but then i would have to put down one of my beers

gbgary
01-03-2010, 03:03 PM

Go Eagles!

My thoughts exactly.

yup...GO EAGLES!!

digitaldean
01-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Looks like Houston has their razor thin hopes still alive. Unfortunately, they need Denver AND Baltimore or the Jets to lose.

Finally have a winning season.

Scott Campbell
01-03-2010, 03:05 PM

Favre is still an asshole - regardless of what happens on the field.

TennesseePackerBacker
01-03-2010, 04:04 PM
The Cowboys are really exploiting the Eagles secondary right now.

Guiness
01-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Rodgers needs 200 and change to get the single season yardage record, doesn't he?

I'm not sure I want them to try. I also really want to see CW sit down.

Guiness
01-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Boldin limping.

I don't wish evil on anyone, but I would be upset if Boldin wasn't 100% next week!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
01-03-2010, 05:20 PM

Watching the packers. See, ty is a packer fan. Remember them? Hint: They don't play in purple and their QB is not named Favre.

digitaldean
01-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Eagles are definitely laying an egg (figuratively) vs. Dallas.

Looks like #4 gets the #2 seed.

pbmax
01-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Eagles will be back in Dallas if they lose, correct?

Bretsky
01-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Eagles will be back in Dallas if they lose, correct?

yup

digitaldean
01-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Welker has a torn ACL AND MCL.

Definitely bad news for the Pats.

digitaldean
01-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Stick a fork in the Broncos....

Pick 6 on Orton for KC.

Bretsky
01-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Welker has a torn ACL AND MCL.

Definitely bad news for the Pats.

crap; he was a quality dude. I thought they could contend with the Colts...who I hope lose right away. I thought the Pats and Chargers would give them a game but now not so sure they can cut it

digitaldean
01-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Well, another year, another Denver collapse.

Wow to start out so quick to begin the season, and fold like they did.

Packerarcher
01-03-2010, 06:28 PM

They have a terrible coach that is on a power trip.

Bretsky
01-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Revis is going to shut Ocho down tonight

Tyrone Bigguns
01-03-2010, 07:53 PM

You are basing this on what?

channtheman
01-03-2010, 08:52 PM
I wanted Houston in the playoffs. Not really a chance though.

ThunderDan
01-03-2010, 08:59 PM

That franchise was in a mess. They obviously had scouted Cutler and didn't like him (must have been correct, see Chicago's record and Cutlers INTs). He has a nut job WR, almost half of the roster was turned over and he still had them playing for the playoffs.

With the extra first round pick in a strong draft Denver "could" be setting themselves up very nicely for the next 2-5 years.

pbmax
01-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Did the Bengals just lay down and die in this game?

sheepshead
01-03-2010, 10:05 PM

My impression also. Start with the man-love hoodie cutoff. the guys a goof.

pbmax
01-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Has JT O'Sullivan always looked like someone just pissed in his Cheerios? :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
01-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Did the Bengals just lay down and die in this game?

Made the Cards look like Packers. :lol:

Fosco33
01-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Not sure if any of you are watching BSU-TCU on Fox... but this was just up on the screen.

I'm not sure what's funnier - misspelling communication or destroying it with cummunication. Does a christian university really have a major in cumm? Or does his Compton background have something to do with it?

Good one Fox.

http://www.hostpic.biz/uploads/bfb9826e83.jpg (http://www.hostpic.biz)

:P

HowardRoark
01-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Not sure if any of you are watching BSU-TCU on Fox... but this was just up on the screen.

I'm not sure what's funnier - misspelling communication or destroying it with cummunication. Does a christian university really have a major in cumm? Or does his Compton background have something to do with it?

Good one Fox.

I notice the TCU cheerleaders are rather fetching.

Bossman641
01-04-2010, 10:40 PM

Good one Fox.

I saw that earlier and thought my eyes were playing tricks on me

HowardRoark
01-04-2010, 10:48 PM

Good one Fox.

I saw that earlier and thought my eyes were playing tricks on me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNip8ZEesow

HowardRoark
01-06-2010, 10:19 AM

Good one Fox.

I notice the TCU cheerleaders are rather fetching.

I guess I wasn't the only one.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/extramustard/?eref=sihp