PDA

View Full Version : Packers Vs Bears

The Shadow
09-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Too much time on my hands.
Fell into thinking about what's going on in Dom Caper's mind.
I would imagine we will see a few wrinkles he has been holding back.

* I wonder if we are going to see a lot more Clay Mathews than Brady P. this Sunday, for a couple of reasons.
1. With the Bears tight ends (sep. Greg Olson) most likely to be Cutler's best passing bets to move the chains, LB mobility could be paramount.
2. We haven't seen much of Mathew's speed and pass rush talent off the edge unveiled in the preseason - and I wonder if the hammy injury was not as big an issue as supposed. Maybe, just maybe Capers was in no hurry to show the opposition another aspect of the defense. We might just see Mathews finally turned loose - and if so, we will quickly learn how much age and injury have affected Bear's left tackle Pace.

* We might well see some 4-2-5, with Aaron K. spending some time back at DE. I'd like the matchup of Aaron vs inexperienced right tackle Chris Williams.

* Wouldn't be shocked to see Al Harris on an early corner blitz. The Bears have to be super aware of the havoc Charles Woodson caused against Arizona and Cutler should have his head on a swivel to his right. In addition, it's almost certain a running back will be assigned to shade right to slow down such a move. Harris coming from the other side might be sweet.

Can't wait for Sunday night!

boiga
09-10-2009, 09:20 PM
You have some interesting points there TS. I think Poppinga will be in there during every run down at least. He's been very dependable against the run lately and Dom will likely be trying to stop Forte long before worrying about the TE's. I could see Clay coming in on passing downs to make better use of his speed and elusiveness. The TE's will mostly be Chillar's or a safety's responsibility.

Kampman will be scaring Williams plenty without having to put his hand down. I'm confident he'll be in the QB's face (and blindspot) all night.

I like your Al Harris prediction though. It'd be hilarious to see dirty1 force a fumble on the QB. We need a new pic of a chicago QB being violated by a sack.

KYPack
09-10-2009, 10:08 PM
One of Dom's nickel sets is a 2-4-5.

in that one, Kamp puts his hand down and rushes, so it's really a 3-3-5.

Matthews? I thought the hammy was still bothering him.

Fritz
09-11-2009, 08:14 AM
I didn't want to start a thread just for this, but you've mentioned Kampman, so it seems appropriate to insert this comment from Kampman here. He's talking about studying the opposing team's offense: "you’re always looking for little tidbits here and there, little bits of wisdom. Try to listen to the formation, because it will talk to you if you let it.”

He's the offense-whisperer!

bbbffl66
09-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Just an aside here.
With a certain QB wearing an ugly color this year, many seem to think that GB/Minny is the biggest game.
I just want to say that Bear week is always the biggest game. Man I hate the FIBS! Sunday can't get here fast enough!!!!! :x

Freak Out
09-11-2009, 04:42 PM
The Bears games are always the games I look forward to the most...one of my best friends is from Alpha Illinois and is a huge Bear fan so we always get together and watch the game. Man has that fucker been talking shit the past week....Cutler this and Cutler that....someone needs to mount that boy (Cutler) and put an end to this talk.

Beating the Bears on National TV would be such a sweet way to start the season.

Go Pack!

Fritz
09-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Wherre's the Bear trolls this week?

Bearman? Baddest Bear? How are we supposed to get ready for this game if you're not here to post crazy predictions?

Freak Out
09-12-2009, 12:06 AM
...are the odds of of a bikini girls sighting a 100 percent for this game? :lol:

CaptainKickass
09-12-2009, 02:51 AM

Bearman? Baddest Bear? How are we supposed to get ready for this game if you're not here to post crazy predictions?

Only way they show up in this thread is if things don't go our way.

I am so stoked for the game.

packrulz
09-12-2009, 06:02 AM
I expect da Bears to throw to Forte and their 2 good TE's a lot, and I expect them to run into Kampman's area early, and I wonder if he can keep up with TE's, we'll see.

The Shadow
09-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Johnny Jolly will tip at least 2 passes.
At least 1 will be intercepted.

Fritz
09-12-2009, 11:10 AM
I've been skulking around a couple of Bears sites. The fans seem to think that attacking the Pack in the middle area - linebackers and just behind them - with two tight ends and running backs might "soften up" the defense for the running game. Not much mention of the Bears and their new golden boy going vertical.

The Shadow
09-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Those drinking Bears Koolaid are not paying much attention to their poor-looking secondary.
If the O-line permits Aaron time to throw, I think our receivers will have VERY sweet days.

VegasPackFan
09-12-2009, 11:58 AM
I have a bet with a co-worker Bear fan. Loser has to wear the other teams jersey on casual friday next week all day. Has to have their picture taken and have that picture posted in their office for the entire season. I thnk he will look good in green and gold.....

pbmax
09-12-2009, 01:55 PM
I have a bet with a co-worker Bear fan. Loser has to wear the other teams jersey on casual friday next week all day. Has to have their picture taken and have that picture posted in their office for the entire season. I thnk he will look good in green and gold.....
Any chance you can post the result? :lol:

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Is this the "official" game thread Shadow?

mraynrand
09-12-2009, 03:42 PM

Here they are! Waddya meen we didint gedda ferst down???

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/dabears.jpg

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Larry David of Curb Your Enthusiam (best. show. EVER!) predicts the Pack lose at home :evil:

However, he also picks the Vikes to lose at Browns...wow!

Sunday cant come fast enough; Charles Stanley visiting our church, Lord favre early game, then redskins game at 1 est, then pack at night...PLUS fred hammond cd released! beautiful...

LET'S GOOOOOO....!!

MJZiggy
09-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Ya know the only name you're supposed to be excited about having in your church is Jesus. Anyone else is idolatry.

I have a friend who roots for the Browns. I may have to record that game.

Rastak
09-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Ya know the only name you're supposed to be excited about having in your church is Jesus. Anyone else is idolatry.

I have a friend who roots for the Browns. I may have to record that game.

You sure? Might be ugly.....

MJZiggy
09-12-2009, 06:01 PM
I have no interest of my own in the game. Doing it entirely for sympathy.

Rastak
09-12-2009, 06:13 PM
I have no interest of my own in the game. Doing it entirely for sympathy.

Understood, but if it's a friend are you doing them a favor? :wink:

Bring on the games!

The Shadow
09-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Is this the "official" game thread Shadow?

Oh, my goodness no!
Others have far more seniority; I'm sure that tradition should rule.
This was just a bit of noodling on my part.

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 06:26 PM

u dont REALLY think its idolatry to give respect to those that are blessed with the gift of bringing the Word do you? for example apostle paul? what about gospel singers who inspire u?
imo respect/enjoying doesnt equate to idolizing...now, My Brett..... :lol:

MJZiggy
09-12-2009, 06:33 PM

u dont REALLY think its idolatry to give respect to those that are blessed with the gift of bringing the Word do you? for example apostle paul? what about gospel singers who inspire u?

Yes it is. It was never about Paul and I doubt he ever put out a poster with his own name on it. One who truly has the gift, puts the glory where it belongs.

Fritz
09-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Kill the frickin' Bears already, eh?

Waldo
09-12-2009, 06:45 PM
I think that Aaron will be a "break glass in case of emergency" option.

IMO MM's game plan is to ram it down the Bears throat right up the gut.

KYPack
09-12-2009, 07:05 PM
I think that Aaron will be a "break glass in case of emergency" option.

IMO MM's game plan is to ram it down the Bears throat right up the gut.

Mebbe Waldo. Every OC worth his salt would ram it down the Bears throat. I think he attacks the Bear's ratty ass secondary. Get's the Bear's LB's in help (or stupid blitz) mode and then takes those MFR's apart.

I'm very concerned about our run fits. Haven't seen the new system in a league game. I think we'll be good, but I'm scared shitless. I usually am, I'll be in a box when i don't get worked up for an early season Packer Bear game.

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 07:58 PM

Yes it is. It was never about Paul and I doubt he ever put out a poster with his own name on it. One who truly has the gift, puts the glory where it belongs.

so dont "respect" any1 but jesus? serious question.. i LOVE learning from ANYBODY...

in fairness my pastor, joyce meyers, and stanley ALWAYS advocate puttn jesus b4 themselves to their listners

u preachn to the choir tho b/c ive BEEN understood that mere humans are just conduits that god uses since we do often need the horizontal relationships to enhance the vertical ONE relationship..we are ALL one

RashanGary
09-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Those drinking Bears Koolaid are not paying much attention to their poor-looking secondary.
If the O-line permits Aaron time to throw, I think our receivers will have VERY sweet days.

Unless you spend time at Bear forums (like Fritz and myself) you might not know this, but the Bears DL is having trouble this year. They're aging at DE, not getting pressure and Tommy Harris is not looking like himself. The OL is going to hold up against a very average Bear DL. I think Rodgers is going to start off the season with a monster game that sets an impression that he will live up to all season long.

RashanGary
09-12-2009, 08:39 PM
I think we're going to run the ball well enough, but with the Bears LB's being their strength, I think we would be better served to mix it up with a little more pass than run in game 1.

We'll have plenty of games where we run the ball really well and we'll do fine in this one, but this game should be about attacking the Bears weakness and that is their pass rush and secondary.

MJZiggy
09-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Keep in mind that while they're looking old, this is still the Packers they're playing. They'll have extra adrenaline pumping for this one.

Fritz
09-12-2009, 08:48 PM
I have a feeling MM wants to see what that offensive line can do - show a little muscle early on, see if they are as strong as he would like. We haven't heard much about Grant this year, but this could be his game.

And Wynn's, too - as long as he does his job and keeps Rodgers clean.

RashanGary
09-12-2009, 09:00 PM
I have a feeling MM wants to see what that offensive line can do - show a little muscle early on, see if they are as strong as he would like. We haven't heard much about Grant this year, but this could be his game.

True, but MM is not stubborn. If the strength of the Bears defense is run defense and they have a severe pass defense weakness, I have little doubt MM will go right at the cut above the Bears eye and keep gashing it open until he gets a TKO. This is about winning, not proving points.

The Shadow
09-12-2009, 09:19 PM

Unless you spend time at Bear forums (like Fritz and myself) you might not know this, but the Bears DL is having trouble this year. They're aging at DE, not getting pressure and Tommy Harris is not looking like himself. The OL is going to hold up against a very average Bear DL. I think Rodgers is going to start off the season with a monster game that sets an impression that he will live up to all season long.

As a matter of fact, I keep a close eye on the Bears..
I live down in Bears territory, and have seen Tommie Harris. Where once he had a tremendous first step, the best way to now describe that first step is 'lumbering'.
Also watched the O-line. Pace looks old and slow - and, with the exception of Kreutz and perhaps Garza (a very average-at-best type), the rest of the line appears, to be kind, suspect.
The secondary - esp. without Tillman - is extremely shaky. Losing Mike Brown was a tremendous hit.

Waldo
09-12-2009, 09:45 PM

True, but MM is not stubborn. If the strength of the Bears defense is run defense and they have a severe pass defense weakness, I have little doubt MM will go right at the cut above the Bears eye and keep gashing it open until he gets a TKO. This is about winning, not proving points.

If we are what we want to be.....

It is about proving a point.

Dominant teams don't need to limp to wins.

MM and TT have done a lot of work to improve our running game. MM is not a fan of "fancy" strategy early on (according to his latest interviews). He wants to be physical. On Sirius he talked about wanting to start fast with the run. He is going to give his OL and Grant first crack at ramming it down their throat.

And I expect some early, very early, play action fireworks.

RashanGary
09-12-2009, 09:58 PM
I can buy that. Lovie Smith has a way of baiting McCarthy into these stupid pride matches. I remember a recent game that we lost, maybe it was in 2007, Lovie questioned our toughness. MM got all pissed off, talked about being a tough team all week, then Chicago game into Greenbay and handed us our asses when we tried to run the ball with little success.

This reminds me of that a little. MM said in one of his interviews or pressers that if the Bears think we're not tough they'll find out. Sounds exactly like what he said in 2007. Now we're going into a Bear team that is ripe for an aerial ass whooping and ready to stop the run. The biggest favor we can give them is to try to run into their stout, experienced, disciplined run defense and give their thin, unprepared pass defense a break.

Lovie does this, he baits MM into a pride match and in doing so, he takes inferior teams into Lambeau, gets the Packers to put their strength aside to try to win at the Bears game. Then he kicks our ass with the lesser team. This is turning into pattern and now I'm worried. Lovie is in MM's big dumb potato head. Hopefully coach spudhead can pull out of this thing and get us on the right track.

Hey, Mike, the win is the point, dumb ass.

Iron Mike
09-13-2009, 09:52 AM

You don't need to wait for our resident trolls to show up for your grammatical and syntactical errors....you can get find idiot Bears fans ANYWHERE on teh internets--like Fox Sports:

odee75 9/11/2009 12:30:05 PM
the pack dont have a chance aginst da bears!!!!!

:roll:

The Shadow
09-13-2009, 10:58 AM
LOVE sticking it to the Bears.
Listening to their 'fans' call in to the Buffone & O'Bradovich radio show after a loss is one of life's great joys.

Fritz
09-13-2009, 11:39 AM
I can buy that. Lovie Smith has a way of baiting McCarthy into these stupid pride matches. I remember a recent game that we lost, maybe it was in 2007, Lovie questioned our toughness. MM got all pissed off, talked about being a tough team all week, then Chicago game into Greenbay and handed us our asses when we tried to run the ball with little success.

This reminds me of that a little. MM said in one of his interviews or pressers that if the Bears think we're not tough they'll find out. Sounds exactly like what he said in 2007. Now we're going into a Bear team that is ripe for an aerial ass whooping and ready to stop the run. The biggest favor we can give them is to try to run into their stout, experienced, disciplined run defense and give their thin, unprepared pass defense a break.

Lovie does this, he baits MM into a pride match and in doing so, he takes inferior teams into Lambeau, gets the Packers to put their strength aside to try to win at the Bears game. Then he kicks our ass with the lesser team. This is turning into pattern and now I'm worried. Lovie is in MM's big dumb potato head. Hopefully coach spudhead can pull out of this thing and get us on the right track.

Hey, Mike, the win is the point, dumb ass.

Good Lord, does this mean that the Packers' offensive strategy is entirely dependent upon how Coach McCarthy feels about his penis size?

Maybe McGinn should ask him this question in an interview:

McGinn: "Coach, how do you feel about the size of your penis?"

This could be more revealing than any other question he could ask.

Dabaddestbear
09-13-2009, 02:58 PM

You know I am always here before and after. I was just residing in another thread..lol.

I predicted a Bears win in you guys prediction thread a few days ago.

Dabaddestbear
09-13-2009, 03:03 PM
You have some interesting points there TS. I think Poppinga will be in there during every run down at least. He's been very dependable against the run lately and Dom will likely be trying to stop Forte long before worrying about the TE's. I could see Clay coming in on passing downs to make better use of his speed and elusiveness. The TE's will mostly be Chillar's or a safety's responsibility.

Kampman will be scaring Williams plenty without having to put his hand down. I'm confident he'll be in the QB's face (and blindspot) all night.

I like your Al Harris prediction though. It'd be hilarious to see dirty1 force a fumble on the QB. We need a new pic of a chicago QB being violated by a sack.
I am also interested in seeing how our top draft pick (Williams) does against Kampman tonight. Williams did pretty good against the Giants Tuck in the preseason though.

Dabaddestbear
09-13-2009, 03:06 PM

And once again I proved another Packer fan wrong.
Unless, you feel as if things are going our way? lol :roll:

Dabaddestbear
09-13-2009, 03:08 PM
I expect da Bears to throw to Forte and their 2 good TE's a lot, and I expect them to run into Kampman's area early, and I wonder if he can keep up with TE's, we'll see.
I think the same thing will happen. Now how successful they may be doing that is another story. Can Kampman keep up with the TE's in coverage when asked to? Or will the Packers bring a safety down for help and risk getting beat deep by a WR?

Dabaddestbear
09-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Obviously you have not talked to any true Bears fans. Our secondary is really the main concern we have coming into this game. But a Koolaid drinking rival fan wouldnt take the time to realize that, for they will too busy ignoring any talk from us unless it sounds like "yeah, the Packers will win"..lol.

Dabaddestbear
09-13-2009, 03:14 PM

uh, hate to jump off topic, but Paul is the author and father of modern day Christianity. Do your research.

I will not respond to that one no further than that.....NOW BACK TO SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!

Dabaddestbear
09-13-2009, 03:18 PM

I live down in Bears territory, and have seen Tommie Harris. Where once he had a tremendous first step, the best way to now describe that first step is 'lumbering'.
Also watched the O-line. Pace looks old and slow - and, with the exception of Kreutz and perhaps Garza (a very average-at-best type), the rest of the line appears, to be kind, suspect.
The secondary - esp. without Tillman - is extremely shaky. Losing Mike Brown was a tremendous hit.
Well if you had been looking you would not have overlooked the RT Williams and how good he has been looking. You know the same Chris Williams some of you on here said was a bust just because he was injured his rookie year(last year) and wasn't able to play?

Dabaddestbear
09-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Listening to their 'fans' call in to the Buffone & O'Bradovich radio show after a loss is one of life's great joys.
One of my great joys also.
But no different than listening to Packer fans calling for MM head on 1250am, or 540am(I think) after each loss piles up throughout the season. And whining about every time Brett Favre sneezes. :twisted:

The Shadow
09-13-2009, 04:02 PM

Well if you had been looking you would not have overlooked the RT Williams and how good he has been looking. You know the same Chris Williams some of you on here said was a bust just because he was injured his rookie year(last year) and wasn't able to play?

Are you sure you don't mean Venus?
The CHRIS Williams I meant was the RT on the Bears - the one who DOES NOT look so good.

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 04:14 PM
One of my great joys also.
But no different than listening to Packer fans calling for MM head on 1250am, or 540am(I think) after each loss piles up throughout the season. And whining about every time Brett Favre sneezes. :twisted:

I see you're still being rebellious with the avatar huh?

They say A. Brown has been a lil slow of foot lately. What say u?

mraynrand
09-13-2009, 05:54 PM

I have to agree with that. They haven't invented a word yet to describe 'Bears losing to Packers' fan bitterness. I experienced that following the 1989 'replay' game and as bitter as it was for Bears fans, it just could not have been any sweeter for a Packer fan in FIB land.

pbmax
09-13-2009, 06:23 PM

Kampman will still be rushing from the left side of the defense in this scheme. Unless they have been conducting a great mis-information campaign, they are not going to switch the OLBs based on the offensive formation. AK will be on the Pack left. In the backfield, hopefully. :lol:

CaptainKickass
09-13-2009, 07:10 PM

And once again I proved another Packer fan wrong.
Unless, you feel as if things are going our way? lol :roll:

Yeah, yeah, yeah Duh-baddest. My cock is still bigger than yours.

I personally look forward to THIS (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2008111603/2008/REG11/bears@packers/watch) type of Bear "defense" showing up today.

:D

Packers4Glory
09-13-2009, 07:56 PM
same ol packers....give up big penalties.

Packers4Glory
09-13-2009, 07:56 PM
ahhh Collins to the rescure after Williams dropped one.

Packers4Glory
09-13-2009, 08:01 PM
fuck fuck

u can't miss plays like that..gonna lose playn like this. shit.

Packers4Glory
09-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Can we resign Mark T yet? geezus Barbre getting killing the offense.

miss Fg sacks missed TD sack

Offense looks like shit.

should be at least 10-0

PackerTimer
09-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Twill baby. He finally got one. Huge return.

The Shadow
09-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Johnny Jolly will tip at least 2 passes.
At least 1 will be intercepted.

I just didn't think he would do the whole deal himself!

Iron Mike
09-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Can Kampman keep up with the TE's in coverage when asked to?

A better question would be can Girlacher live down his "over-rated" status by standing on the sideline nursing his sore wrist???? :wink:

retailguy
09-13-2009, 11:17 PM

Maybe you need to do a bit more 'research'.