PDA

View Full Version : Last chance predictions

bobblehead
09-12-2009, 09:35 AM
OK gang, give me your last predictions before the season starts. I don't care how big or small. ONE prediction even if its "Jennings gets 1000 yards"

I'm going to make my startling prediction of....Jermichael Finley starts by week 4 and has a MONSTER season...I'm talking 700 yards and 8 TD's from our starting TE.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Rodgers wins MVP.

BallHawk
09-12-2009, 10:03 AM
AJ Hawk makes the Pro Bowl.

3irty1
09-12-2009, 10:06 AM
The public opinion of Cutler by the end of the season is that he's a huge douche. Even among the majority of Bears fans.

Tony Oday
09-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Grant hits 1500 yards and 10 TDs

boiga
09-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Packers have three 1000 yard receivers.

Leinart starts for Cards by the end of the season.

Fritz
09-12-2009, 10:27 AM
The public opinion of Cutler by the end of the season is that he's a huge douche. Even among the majority of Bears fans.

Medium-sized douche. And sweet-smelling, like lilacs.

Bretsky
09-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Here's a loot of predictions; gotta give the bumpers some reason to go back and find a thread to prove somebody wrong :lol:

GREEN BAY PACKERS 10-6

OFFENSE

Average Points Per Game is 28.66
AROD 30 TD's and Pro Bowl Alternate
GRANT 1250 yards and 8 TD's
Jennings 1300 yards
Driver 1000 yards
Finley 50 receptions and 7 Touchdowns

DEFENSE

Overally ranking ends up at 14, which is greatly improved
GB gives up 19.9 points per game
Dom appears Genius Like, party because MM hired a moron before DOM
Kampman finishes with 9 sacks and GB struggles with the decision to resign him
Woodson excels in this defense and heads to another pro bowl
Harris continues to be solid
Coming off a torn ACL, Barnett starts but doesn't get back to true form this year
Collins is solid and a Pro Bowl Alternate
Bigby is again just a guy
AJ Hawk has a solid but unspectacular year leading some to call for more Bishop

Partial
09-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Packers can finally run on third and short. The running game has big time holes and keeps the offense balance by averaging a buck twenty-fifty on the ground per game.

Fritz
09-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Bretsky, re that last point about Bishop, not that you're saying you like him or don't: remember when he played last year, quite a bit? He was awful in coverage, awful. Do you think he's better? OR do you think the 3-4 covers up his limitations better? In short, what do you think of Bishop?

My own feeling is that backups are often more popular than starters.

Bretsky
09-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Bretsky, re that last point about Bishop, not that you're saying you like him or don't: remember when he played last year, quite a bit? He was awful in coverage, awful. Do you think he's better? OR do you think the 3-4 covers up his limitations better? In short, what do you think of Bishop?

My own feeling is that backups are often more popular than starters.

Bishop is a going to be a pre season story every year; he plays very well against backups and will make the occassionaly highlight play against starters. But IMO he's not a starter. His game has too many limitations and the 3-4 does help cover them up. But like Poppinga, he's a guy Offensive coordinators can scheme to expose. He might be an effective situational player but I don't think his game is well rounded enough to consider playing him every down

oregonpackfan
09-12-2009, 11:18 AM
By week 13, Brett Favre will no longer be the starting QB of the Minnesota Vikings. He will "peter out" because of nagging injuries and/or lagging recovery time for those injuries.

Tavaris Jackson will take over as the starter and try to lead the team to get a wild card position for the playoffs.

MJZiggy
09-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I predict that by the end of the season, folks will stop trying to replace Crosby and Kapinos.

MJZiggy
09-12-2009, 11:26 AM
I further predict that Dom will tighten up the run defense pretty quickly.

Bretsky
09-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I predict that by the end of the season, folks will stop trying to replace Crosby and Kapinos.

Crosby has loads of talent
Kapinos upside is what it is; he'll be replaced within two years

Fritz
09-12-2009, 12:03 PM
I further predict that Dom will tighten up the run defense pretty quickly.

So are you predicting that the run defense will be loose at the beginning of the season, then?

MJZiggy
09-12-2009, 12:10 PM
No, it was a little loose during the preseason. I think this season when they say something's gonna get fixed, that it will.

pbmax
09-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Packers can finally run on third and short. The running game has big time holes and keeps the offense balance by averaging a buck twenty-fifty on the ground per game.
The Packers ran quite effectively on 3rd and short last year. Fat lot of good it did. The Packers averaged 113 yards per game last year. 125 would make them 10th in the league in 07. An improvement, but with a defensive improvement, I will go farther.

The Packer's will average MORE than 125 yards per game rushing and will be top 10 in the league in total yards and average per carry.

Freak Out
09-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Packers break the sack record for a team.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Ruvell remains unsigned for the whole season.

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 03:04 PM
By week 13, Brett Favre will no longer be the starting QB of the Minnesota Vikings. He will "peter out" because of nagging injuries and/or lagging recovery time for those injuries.

Tavaris Jackson will take over as the starter and try to lead the team to get a wild card position for the playoffs.

I thought we were making predictions for PACKERS! Dont be so preoccupied.. :roll:

Rodgers probowl along with 6 other packers

Partial
09-12-2009, 03:04 PM
The Packers ran quite effectively on 3rd and short last year. Fat lot of good it did. The Packers averaged 113 yards per game last year. 125 would make them 10th in the league in 07. An improvement, but with a defensive improvement, I will go farther.

The Packer's will average MORE than 125 yards per game rushing and will be top 10 in the league in total yards and average per carry.

I agree, I was going to go 150 but that seems a bit heavy as injuries can and will occur.

The balanced offense will be much, much more potent imo. They're going to be the #1 offense in the league imo.

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 03:09 PM
They're going to be the #1 offense in the league imo.

Over rejuvenated Brady and his weapons? Hmmm...maybe!

mission
09-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Really depends on how MM calls the game in the second half with a lead. I'd like to see that killer instinct... go for the jugular. If we play offensively with that mentality, we could have the #1 offense in the league. If we falter down the stretch by getting too predictable then there's no chance. There are offenses out there going for it ... NO and NE come to mind.

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Really depends on how MM calls the game in the second half with a lead. I'd like to see that killer instinct... go for the jugular. If we play offensively with that mentality, we could have the #1 offense in the league. If we falter down the stretch by getting too predictable then there's no chance. There are offenses out there going for it ... NO and NE come to mind.

QFT

RashanGary
09-12-2009, 08:26 PM

I'll add on to this. I believe the Packers were one of the better teams in the league in 3rd and short running the ball last year but I'll make a run game prediction.

I think the Packers will be very consistent running the ball this year. For the first time, from Colledge all the way over to Barbre, they have lineman that can really run block. Maybe not dominate, but good and good is better than we've had in a long time. Short yardage, base, 3rd down. . . Running the ball will be a strength for the first time since the Sherman years.

RashanGary
09-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Wow, I'm in complete agreement with Partial. This offense looks balanced and scary to me. Good run game with dominate passing game.

RashanGary
09-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Now is as good of time as any to admit a severe wrong for me last year. Last year I said the Packers would have dominate ST's and they were god awful, 26th in the league in total ST's.

I was as wrong as I could be and that was the big drum I was beating last year. I'm at the point with ST's that I have no clue what makes ST's good or bad, no read on anything. I'll try to find new patterns or signs, but right now I have NO clue.

Rastak
09-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Wow, I'm in complete agreement with Partial. This offense looks balanced and scary to me. Good run game with dominate passing game.

Bears defense has a few issues and it's at home so I would certainly expect to see a good offensive output...... I do think the Pack wins this one.

RashanGary
09-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Bears defense has a few issues and it's at home so I would certainly expect to see a good offensive output...... I do think the Pack wins this one.

Good luck on your season. I can't stand the Vikes, but I know you have a good team. I think it's going to be a battle right to the end.

I hope the worst for the division rivals right now, but if the Packers are out of it and the Vikings are in it, I know you have a hard working team that deserves to win as much as any other team. I don't like Chilly or Favre. I think one is a slippery liar and the other is a selfish prick, but the rest of the Vikings seem like a really good, hard working group.

I think you guys should take the Browns too. A couple weeks from now is going to be an epic battle with hype like no other.

denverYooper
09-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Woodson gets DPOY.

Brad Jones gets 3 picks.

RashanGary
09-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Packers Secondary = Good
Packers LB's = Shaky (some impact, some mistakes)
Packers DL = I think they're good enough and deep enough this year
Overall, top 12 defense

Packers Offense = Dominate

Packers ST's = I like the new weight training. I think the speed/explosion thing they focused on. It should translate to more explosive ST's. They made a roster commitment to ST's. Who knows though, they stunk last year. If they're good this team will be hard to beat. If they stink, it will be hard to win. They seem like the wild card to me.

RashanGary
09-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Big years:

Kampman
Woodson
Raji
Jenkins
Jolly

Grant (GREAT YEAR)
Barbre
Sitton
Spitz
Colledge
Rodgers (GREAT YEAR)
Jennings
Finley

RashanGary
09-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Dark horses who could make quite a few big plays:

Deshawn Wynn
James Jones
Atari Bigby

bobblehead
09-13-2009, 09:21 AM
partial thinks this deserves to be in the garbage can, but I figure that makes it worthy of being in two threads.....McGinns predictions (paraphrased of course)

If success doesn't go to his head, Finley could affect the balance of power in the NFC North, if not the conference.

Charles woodson could win defensive player of the year now that he rushes the passer as well.

Spitz is playing at a whole new level.

Our top 4 D linemen avg. 329 which is pretty much huge across the league.

edit: oh yea, and a 12-4 record.

oregonpackfan
09-13-2009, 10:43 AM

I thought we were making predictions for PACKERS! Dont be so preoccupied.. :roll:

Ok, Mobb, I will change it. For the first Packers-Vikings game, with Favre starting as the Vikings QB, the Packers will win.

For the second Packers-Vikings game, Favre will not play. He will either be on the bench, IR, or the PUP list.

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 10:44 AM

Ok, Mobb, I will change it. For the first Packers-Vikings game, with Favre starting as the Vikings QB, the Packers will win.

For the second Packers-Vikings game, Favre will not play. He will either be on the bench, IR, or the PUP list.

He he ...was just messing with u Big O

You watching both games today?

Freak Out
09-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Packers break the sack record for a team.

I'm changing mine to "forces most turnovers". :lol:

Scott Campbell
09-14-2009, 11:21 AM

Crosby extends our field goal range by at least 5 yards. What he's missing in accuracy at this point is more than made up for by the way he can shorten the field. IMO.

I thought Kapinos kicked well last night, but haven't seen his stats.

Freak Out
09-14-2009, 11:23 AM

Crosby extends our field goal range by at least 5 yards. What he's missing in accuracy at this point is more than made up for by the way he can shorten the field. IMO.

I thought Kapinos kicked well last night, but haven't seen his stats.

Kapinos should get a gold star for forcing those fair catches with some good punting.

bobblehead
12-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Woodson gets DPOY.

Brad Jones gets 3 picks.

A little bump action for the predictions to be looked at again. And Kudos for actually predicting playing time for Brad Jones, much less results.

MJZiggy
12-20-2009, 08:41 AM

Medium-sized douche. And sweet-smelling, like lilacs.

Let's not be associating my favorite flower with a douche...(and it seems he turned out even bigger than predicted).

MJZiggy
12-20-2009, 08:42 AM

I was sooo wrong!

Bretsky
12-20-2009, 10:36 AM

I was sooo wrong!

Big difference IMO between the two

Crosby...the talent is there for him to be a top kicker if he works through his buy
Kapinos...limited talent who can't afford any type of slump cause he's just barely adequate

MJZiggy
12-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Maybe Kapinos is just IN a slump...