PDA

View Full Version : KGB Shares His Story With A Local Congregation.

woodbuck27
07-24-2006, 10:33 AM
Monday, July 24th, 2006

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila Shares His Story With A Local Congregation - Jul 23, 2006

Packers players usually set aside Sundays for football...

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila... or K-G-B as he's better known, has a message.
Sunday.. he had the chance to tell his story, in hopes to tear down the walls of who K-G-B really is.

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila is best known for his performance as the starting defensive end for the Green Bay Packers. Here in the off season, he's made his way to New Beginnings Church in Stevens Point. Kabeer met Senior Pastor Mark Dungor at one of Mark's Marriage Seminars... where the two hit it off.

"So I asked him, why don't you come to my church and share your story, and he said he would."

He's sharing his story with the congregation in hopes people will understand who he really is.

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila,

"My whole goal is to tear down that image of KGB. They see this monster on the field so I want to tell them, I'm human, and I have stuggles."

Kabeer was raised Muslim through college when he says he then found Jesus. He's been living a different life ever since, and now by telling his story, children like Travis Seavers, have all eyes, and ears on KGB.

"Well I wanted to learn about God, and I've never seen a Packer before in realy life, so it's exciting."

Senior Pastor Mark Dungor,

"It's great for our young people to hear this. They think if they have the money and the fame, they could be happy. KGB is saying no it's not, it wasn't until he found god that things came together for him."

So Kabeer is using his popularity to his advantage to spear his message, just like his size and quickness on the field...

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila,

"To be able to use the platform of being an NFL player a Green Gay Packer, whatever it takes to serve my lord and savior Jesus Christ. By tearing myself down, I hope that I'm lifting up Christ in the process."

Pastor Mark adds... KGB's presence today just reaffirms his notion, not to preach past noon on a Sunday during football season.

MJZiggy
07-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Well, THAT's gonna go over great with the Muslim community...

woodbuck27
07-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Well, THAT's gonna go over great with the Muslim community...

Ahhh !

People who once drove a Ford and switched over to Honda, arn't surely hated, by all those LOYAL to Ford drivers - are they ?

HOLY CRAP Ziggy !

If I can manage - maybe another dozen posts, before you switch into high gear again?

I can have about half as many posts as you do. Lord Thundern' - how did you get out front so far like that ? That's amazing !! :mrgreen: