PDA

View Full Version : MM season opening interview

Partial
09-13-2009, 03:50 AM
He gives pretty good responses. He seems much more confident expressing a truthful opinion versus touting the company line now. This interview impressed me. I believe that he is taking a lot of steps to improve himself.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/59071847.html

Tyrone Bigguns
09-13-2009, 04:08 AM
If only you could follow his lead.

vince
09-13-2009, 06:11 AM
I think a big part of the reason you (and I) liked the interview Partial, has more to do with the interviewer than the interviewee. McGinn finally got it right here, IMO. That was the best interview I've seen from him that I can remember. It was actually about McCarthy and his team and not the interviewer for a change. He asked challenging questions about a number of subjects - decline from '07, Sanders, special teams, penalties, etc., but in an unbiased way that doesn't create a reader response more to the question than the answer. He also asked some probing questions that gave us the opportunity to gain substantive insight into McCarthy's perspective rather than elicit meaningless responses to offensive questions, as he's done in the past with both McCarthy and Thompson.

Fritz
09-13-2009, 10:03 AM
I agree with Vince, and in fact my impression upon reading the interview was the opposite of Partial's. I thought MM - with one or two slight exceptions - was as rote as Ted Thompson. He didn't say a damn thing for most of the interview.