PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Game Day Thread: Bears @ Packers

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Partial
09-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Thank god for Dom Capers. Cannot emphasize this enough. Offense was bailed out big time by the D tonight. Whooo hoooo!

Tony Dungy is creeping me out on TV. He stares at the camera way too intensely.

Lurker64
How long do we celebrate before we give Barbre the beat down he deserves?

I intend to tackle him before he gets off the field.

We'll get that fixed.

I intend to tackle him too.

How's your pad level?

]{ilr]3

Truth! That guy was pissing me off!

mission
09-13-2009, 10:53 PM
PERFECT day when pack AND favre win!

i always knew you were a retard

retailguy

We'll get that fixed.

I intend to tackle him too.

How's your pad level?

Nut level.

Fosco33
Well, Rodgers finally got his fourth quarter come back.

Holy crap, that was closer than it needed to be. Thank you Jay Cutler, the 4 INTs really helped.

The swing of emotion from "bears knocking on the doorstep with ~3 minutes to go" to "the Jennings TD" to "Cutler's last hurrah" was just amazing. I'm seriously hyper right now.
Watch the DVR or Tivo, you will see that the WR's quit on routes or just plain out ran the wrong routes. Learning curve with our young WR's, but I think they will get it together.

On 2 of those. One of his INTs was to no one - and the Al play was just a good defensive jump.

pbmax

We'll get that fixed.

His pad level is too high.

mission
Thank god for Dom Capers. Cannot emphasize this enough. Offense was bailed out big time by the D tonight. Whooo hoooo!

Forget about AR for a second ... we do NOT win this game last year.

ThunderDan
09-13-2009, 10:54 PM
33 -27 TOP for the Bears. Seemed more like 40-20.

retailguy

Not even close. No way do we hold for 3 pts... They get TD for sure last year.

MadScientist
Cuttler with a QB rating of 43.17, right in the Bears' QB's normal range.

pbmax
09-13-2009, 10:55 PM

Holy crap, that was closer than it needed to be. Thank you Jay Cutler, the 4 INTs really helped.

The swing of emotion from "bears knocking on the doorstep with ~3 minutes to go" to "the Jennings TD" to "Cutler's last hurrah" was just amazing. I'm seriously hyper right now.
Watch the DVR or Tivo, you will see that the WR's quit on routes or just plain out ran the wrong routes. Learning curve with our young WR's, but I think they will get it together.
Your front seven showed a lot. It will buy you some time.

Deputy Nutz
Maybe trade a 2 or 3 next year for a RT this year. Barbre was horrible.

Nothing like a knee jerk reaction.

Tauscher is still sitting their rehabbing,

Packers4Glory
UGH I Hate those damn squib kicks!

You would've rathered Hester touch the ball?

I'll take the squib, thank you very much.

They took Hester out. Mason had been kicking into the endzone all game. bears were getting out to the 22-30 yardline. I have more faith in the ST than too give the bears a short field to work with..but it worked out in the end.

Packgator
09-13-2009, 10:56 PM
1-0

PackerTimer

Not even close. No way do we hold for 3 pts... They get TD for sure last year.

True. The D gave up some yards, but they made plays whenever they needed to. Great to see the ball hawking defense carry over into week 1. The improvement on that side of the ball might be nothing short of astounding.

ThunderDan

Would you trust Barbre on the edge 1 on 1 the rest of the year with ARod's health on the line?

Partial

Well yeah, is there any doubt? They had 4 turnovers to our zero, and they still nearly beat us. That was something.

Willard
Cullen Jenkins is back! Woo Hoo!

pbmax
Anyone get a 2007 vibe tonight? Not the final record or playoff run, but good to great defense for most of the game and then the offense pulling its head out of its butt at the end? Just like the first 8 games in 07?

pbmax
09-13-2009, 10:57 PM

They took Hester out. Mason had been kicking into the endzone all game. bears were getting out to the 22-30 yardline. I have more faith in the ST than too give the bears a short field to work with..but it worked out in the end.
Hester was in for the last kickoff.

mission
09-13-2009, 10:58 PM

Well yeah, is there any doubt? They had 4 turnovers to our zero, and they still nearly beat us. That was something.

The Bears' pressure was the equalizer as far as that goes...

Well, not really... not really equal. We won.

Badgerinmaine
09-13-2009, 10:58 PM
1-0

And even better: Division record: 1-0
Man, that was exciting.

Guiness
09-13-2009, 10:59 PM
I like it, but who? Who's willing to give up a decent RT after the season begins?

Anybody who didn't appreciate Tauscher before now must realize how good is was to have his doing yeoman's work out there.

pbmax

Would you trust Barbre on the edge 1 on 1 the rest of the year with ARod's health on the line?
He had two better blocks on the last drive than he had the whole first half. He's young and a first time starter. Reggie sacked Aikman three times the first time he faced Erik Williams. Yes, I know, Ogunleye is not Reggie.

Packers4Glory

well IDK they showed manning and commented that they took Hester out after the replay.

MJZiggy
My boys are undefeated.

pbmax
09-13-2009, 11:01 PM

well IDK they showed manning and commented that they took Hester out after the replay.
They showed him on the tube at deep safety, he was there.

Guiness

On 2 of those. One of his INTs was to no one - and the Al play was just a good defensive jump.

And it wasn't 5 only because Bigby and Williams (I think?) ran into each other on that other play when he made that throw that had 4 G&G jerseys in on the play by the time the ball got there.

Fosco33
Gotta love turnover margin.

Almost everything else was in Bears favor (predictive stats).
Watching the game, it didn't feel like the Bears were as crappy as us on 3rd downs (at least we had a reason - with 7 3rd & 10+).

Pack vs. Bears
1st downs (12 to 18)
3rd down % (29 to 27)
Yards/Play (4.2 to 5.1)
Time of Possession (27 to 33)

Many things to improve on - and the Pack can't rest on the paper preseason aura.

boiga
09-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Anyone get a 2007 vibe tonight? Not the final record or playoff run, but good to great defense for most of the game and then the offense pulling its head out of its butt at the end? Just like the first 8 games in 07?

Nope, into the 4th quarter I was feeling all 2008, expecting the D to collapse from exhaustion and watching Oline penalties keep killing drives. I figured we'd lose by two points once more and the curse would not be lifted.

It's nice to have reality trump expectation every once in a while.

pbmax
09-13-2009, 11:05 PM

Nope, into the 4th quarter I was feeling all 2008, expecting the D to collapse from exhaustion and watching Oline penalties keep killing drives. I figured we'd lose by two points once more and the curse would not be lifted.

But we won TOP most of last year. The defense had no exhaustion excuse in most games last year.

Fosco33
09-13-2009, 11:06 PM

But we won TOP most of last year. The defense had no exhaustion excuse in most games last year.

Surprisingly - it was only 33/27 today - felt like a lot more due to the 3rd Q.

Guiness

Hester wasn't in, eh? Didn't notice that. Still, the Bears need a TD, not an FG. Wacky things can happen on kickoffs, and negating a return in exchange for giving up the yards seems like an ok decision to me. Especially with no time outs left for the Bears.

edit:

Nope. If Hester is in, I'd onside before I gave him the ball.

Partial

Yep, no facet of the game was excellent but they did enough to get it done. Sum of parts.

red
WOW

yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pretty damn good defensive game by both teams. i saw one major erroe on both d's, collins not coming over on hesters td, and jennings TD at the end

good game, but it never should have been that close. we have to take advantage of our turnovers. where the hell was the offense we saw in the preseason?

it looks like the d is ready to play this year, lets hope the other side of the ball responds

oh yeah, cut barbre. tomorrow

denverYooper
09-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Denver local news anchors bagged on Cutler's 4 Ints at the start of the newscast after the game.

Scott Campbell
09-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Denver local news anchors bagged on Cutler's 4 Ints at the start of the newscast after the game.

I bet Pat Bowlen is smiling on all fronts tonight.

retailguy
09-13-2009, 11:13 PM

I bet Pat Bowlen is smiling on all fronts tonight.

And Josh McDaniels is breathing a huge sigh of relief, even if just for a week.

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2009, 11:13 PM

I have to admit, I was with you. I was ready to leave the bar in the 4th quarter.
:D

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2009, 11:15 PM
where the hell was the offense we saw in the preseason?

Honestly, I think the coaches were surprised with (and didn't game plan for) how much Barbre would struggle. They were also slow to give him help. It was the worst thing to come out of this game, but I think they'll be better able to handle it in the future.

retailguy
09-13-2009, 11:18 PM

Honestly, I think the coaches were surprised with (and didn't game plan for) how much Barbre would struggle. They were also slow to give him help. It was the worst thing to come out of this game, but I think they'll be better able to handle it in the future.

hope you're right. that was completely unacceptable.

red
09-13-2009, 11:20 PM

tat could very well be

the guy almost single handedly lost us the game

the rest of the line didn't look that bad tonight. but barbre was the guy responsible for us not being able to get into any kind sinc

KYPack
09-13-2009, 11:22 PM

Barbre lost his cherry tonite.

He's got a long way to go, but it was his 1st league start. He learned the diff btw game speed and pre-seson. that's for sure.

Willard
09-13-2009, 11:25 PM

Barbre lost his cherry tonite.

He's got a long way to go, but it was his 1st league start. He learned the diff btw game speed and pre-seson. that's for sure.
I would have thought the Pack could have used their 2 tight ends in the middle of the field with da bears down two LBs. Nothing though...weird.

esoxx
09-13-2009, 11:25 PM

Part of the problem was the Bears kept overloading and blitzing up the middle. RB's and TE's were shoring up the middle, leaving Barbre to fend for himself mostly and he got schooled by a solid vet.

mission
09-13-2009, 11:26 PM
No Finley tonight...... weird is right.

Iron Mike
09-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Stand by for a cutler/hester td.... :shock:

I'm still waiting. :roll:

boiga
09-13-2009, 11:27 PM

They may not have had a good excuse, but they were exhausted last year at the end of seemingly every game.

Nothing made me feel better about this season than that goal line stand in with 3 minutes left. We couldn't have done that last year, especially after being jobbed by a faux penalty. No way. Credit to Capers.

retailguy
09-13-2009, 11:28 PM
No Finley tonight...... weird is right.

no protection ='s no TE's running across the middle. they couldn't use that part of the gameplan. No way.

pbmax
09-13-2009, 11:28 PM
The Pack did run some two TE in the 2nd half. They also had TE on the right and some RBs behind him.

But they didn't do it for every play.

Gunakor
09-13-2009, 11:30 PM
GJ85!!!!!!!!

swede
09-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Time to tune into Chicago Sports radio in the morning.

I love the sound of Bear fans in the morning after a loss. Sounds like...victory.

Partial
09-13-2009, 11:40 PM
Desmond Clark left the stadium on a stretcher. My thoughts are with him.

Lurker64
09-13-2009, 11:42 PM

Eek, that sounds bad. Do we have any idea what general area of the body he injured? It looked like a back injury on TV (which is potentially very very bad), but I wasn't sure. Still, I hope he's okay.

boiga
09-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Desmond Clark left the stadium on a stretcher. My thoughts are with him. Ouch.... I had hoped it was just another cramp like all the other players.

That said, we really don't know what the injury ramifications will be for either team after tonight. Bigby, Jolly, and Collins all got banged up. Does anyone have any updates on those? I saw Collins come back in after his cramp cost us 7 points, but what about the others?

denverYooper
09-13-2009, 11:44 PM

They may not have had a good excuse, but they were exhausted last year at the end of seemingly every game.

Nothing made me feel better about this season than that goal line stand in with 3 minutes left. We couldn't have done that last year, especially after being jobbed by a faux penalty. No way. Credit to Capers.

Yeah. That was pretty awesome.

digitaldean
09-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Urlacher has a dislocated wrist. Not sure if he'll be out for a game or not.

Scott Campbell
09-13-2009, 11:55 PM
The Pack did run some two TE in the 2nd half. They also had TE on the right and some RBs behind him.

But they didn't do it for every play.

The series that they kept feeding the rock to Grant, both TE's were in on every play. If I remember it correctly.

boiga
09-13-2009, 11:55 PM
From GBPG :
Collins cramps up

Safety Nick Collins went to the locker room with cramps with 10 minutes, 14 seconds to go in the third quarter and didn’t return until early in the fourth quarter.

Safety Atari Bigby injured a knee in a coverage collision at 9:20 and did not return.

Aaron Rouse replaced both players.

Defensive tackle Johnny Jolly left late after having the wind knocked out.

Bigby's the real worrisome one on that list. He looked in serious pain when he left. Hopefully it's just banged up and not strained.

Dabaddestbear
09-13-2009, 11:58 PM

Eek, that sounds bad. Do we have any idea what general area of the body he injured? It looked like a back injury on TV (which is potentially very very bad), but I wasn't sure. Still, I hope he's okay.
It looked like it might be just a deep bruise...at least I hope.

Dabaddestbear
09-14-2009, 12:01 AM
Urlacher has a dislocated wrist. Not sure if he'll be out for a game or not.
Its something he can play with a cast on it. I heard them talking about it on the Radio.

Tony Oday
09-14-2009, 12:02 AM

HATE the bears...not the players...hope he is ok, never want to see anyone hurt.

Lurker64
09-14-2009, 12:04 AM

Possibly it's a potential spleen injury? That looked to be about the part of the body where he got hit. It wasn't a hard enough hit to really dislocate a disc or anything.

Partial
09-14-2009, 12:06 AM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090913/PKR01/90913042/1058

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090913/PKR01/90913039/1058

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090913/PKR01/90913043/1058

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090913/PKR01/90913038/1058

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/59192592.html

http://jsonline.stats.com/fb/recap.asp?g=20090913009&home=9&vis=3

More JSO stuff to come I'm sure

Willard
09-14-2009, 12:09 AM

Possibly it's a potential spleen injury? That looked to be about the part of the body where he got hit. It wasn't a hard enough hit to really dislocate a disc or anything.
I was thinking the same thing. He got hit in the lower back, and the spleen could have ruptured. he'll be staying in GB tonight is my guess. hope its not this serious.

Lurker64
09-14-2009, 12:16 AM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090913/PKR01/90913042/1058

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090913/PKR01/90913039/1058

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090913/PKR01/90913043/1058

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090913/PKR01/90913038/1058

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/59192592.html

http://jsonline.stats.com/fb/recap.asp?g=20090913009&home=9&vis=3

More JSO stuff to come I'm sure

Thanks for posting these.

One thing though, in the JSO article where they named Jenkins as the player of the game (a worthy pick), they said

Playing a position that many thought would stifle his penetrating style of play...

Who thought that? Did anybody? You look at Jenkins and you see "Hmm... stout enough to play defensive tackle, but he has the ability to rush the passer". A rational person would conclude "He has a shot at being a great 5-technique defensive end in the right 3-4 scheme" (these same thoughts about a different player were why Cleveland traded for Corey Williams and gave him big money, unfortunately they're running the wrong flavor of 3-4 for him to really star with his skillset, IMO).

There are a lot of players on the defense that people thought could struggle in the switch: Pickett, Harris, Hawk, Barnett, Kampman, etc. But did ANYBODY think that Jenkins wouldn't be good at it?

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2009, 12:25 AM
There are a lot of players on the defense that people thought could struggle in the switch: Pickett, Harris, Hawk, Barnett, Kampman, etc. But did ANYBODY think that Jenkins wouldn't be good at it?

Just a few of our scribes. I thought Kampman looked pretty damn good. Got pressure, stopped the run, and hidden in coverage.
:D

Anybody else notice Hawk played a lot of downs--while Barnett was on the bench more? It will probably change, but kudos to Hawk. The few times they showed him in coverage, he had tight coverage.

Partial
09-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Raji will really make the D a lot better I think for the simple reason of those guys will get some rest. Jenkins, Jolly and Pickett must have played a zillion snaps tonight.

Lurker64
09-14-2009, 12:27 AM
Raji will really make the D a lot better I think for the simple reason of those guys will get some rest. Jenkins, Jolly and Pickett must have played a zillion snaps tonight.

My recollection is that they played a ton of nickel (especially in the first half when the Bears were going no-huddle), so I don't think Pickett played as much as the other guys. But it will be good to get Raji ready to go. He probably would have done some unkind things to some of the Bears interior OL tonight.

VegasPackFan
09-14-2009, 01:14 AM
Bears trolls go f*(&^ yourselves. Go hide away now for the the rest of the season like you always do. Your little bitch QB sucks with 4 int's and its same as it ever was. Cutler is a little bitch. Go suck it.

Thats right. I hate Bears fans and I know that you little pussies wont dare show up here now that you got you sorry asses beat.. Nice to be the little darling picks this year, huh?

Cutler has never won anything.

SkinBasket
09-14-2009, 06:16 PM

Mine too. I hope he fell off on the way to the hospital and broke his cock.

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 06:19 PM
THat is SO stupid but i HAD to chuckle

Freak Out
09-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Were the Bikini Girls there? I never saw a shot of them...

Dabaddestbear
09-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Bears trolls go f*(&^ yourselves. Go hide away now for the the rest of the season like you always do. Your little bitch QB sucks with 4 int's and its same as it ever was. Cutler is a little bitch. Go suck it.

Thats right. I hate Bears fans and I know that you little pussies wont dare show up here now that you got you sorry asses beat.. Nice to be the little darling picks this year, huh?

Cutler has never won anything.
Well he won today. :wink:

Dabaddestbear
09-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Time to tune into Chicago Sports radio in the morning.

I love the sound of Bear fans in the morning after a loss. Sounds like...victory.
How about you tune in to 1250 am or 540 am instead to listen to the wonderful sounds of Packer fans after this choke? Losing to a team that you were picked by everyone to win handily must really bite. :lol:
I'm tuning in to 1250am myself..lol

Dabaddestbear
09-20-2009, 07:54 PM
104.7 today... :P

ThunderDan
09-20-2009, 08:20 PM

See the whole idea of this tread is that it was Chicago vs GB. Not Chicago vs Pitt. Get a clue.

Dabaddestbear
09-20-2009, 11:13 PM

See the whole idea of this tread is that it was Chicago vs GB. Not Chicago vs Pitt. Get a clue.and my statement ended with TODAY...so get a clue. :roll:

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 11:26 PM

See the whole idea of this tread is that it was Chicago vs GB. Not Chicago vs Pitt. Get a clue.and my statement ended with TODAY...so get a clue. :roll:

Great, but does it really belong in the Packers vs. Bears game thread? We have a thread dedicated to NFL games not involving the Packers. Seeing that what happened for Cutler today was one of those games not involving the Packers, your gloating over his big day would have been more appropriate in that thread.

ThunderDan
09-21-2009, 08:36 AM

I always knew you were a Bears troll. Fine, I get it.

But that just let's me know how dumb you really are. This is the GB vs Bears thread not Chicago vs Pitt thread. Sure seems like the 104.7 rating was against the Steelers and not the Pack. Maybe you should start one of those on a Bears board.

Dabaddestbear
09-21-2009, 08:22 PM

I always knew you were a Bears troll. Fine, I get it.

But that just let's me know how dumb you really are. This is the GB vs Bears thread not Chicago vs Pitt thread. Sure seems like the 104.7 rating was against the Steelers and not the Pack. Maybe you should start one of those on a Bears board.
Ok, since you wanted to chime in I will follow it up with a :jack:
:taunt:
I gloat when I can and I take the heat from you guys just as well. I jack threads to serve crow when I can, sort of like some of you Packer fans do on here regardless what my topic of a thread may be.

MOBB DEEP
09-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Fair enough...

ThunderDan
09-24-2009, 10:35 AM
I gloat when I can and I take the heat from you guys just as well. I jack threads to serve crow when I can, sort of like some of you Packer fans do on here regardless what my topic of a thread may be.

I guess that is why people respect Raz on this board and not you. You summed it up nicely in that post. See this is a Packers forum that's why they give trolls like you crap and thoughtful posters like Raz respect.

I'm done with this. Good-bye!

Dabaddestbear
09-24-2009, 05:08 PM

I guess that is why people respect Raz on this board and not you. You summed it up nicely in that post. See this is a Packers forum that's why they give trolls like you crap and thoughtful posters like Raz respect.

Umm, I cared Bout your personal opinion when? :roll:
Oh I forgot, let me cry because ThunderDan dont like me. :cry:

Scott Campbell
09-24-2009, 05:48 PM

+1 :bclap:

Bossman641
09-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Give it up already DBB

Dabaddestbear
09-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Give it up already DBB
You guys are asking me to give it on a thread YOU ALL keep bumping with your post...lol.
I came back to the thread to razz up some crow and let it be, but Noooo, some want to keep it going and then complain when I follow up with an answer.
Admit it, I am the necessary evil needed in a rival fan, without individuals like me who would you complain about on here? You surely have to get tired of throwing your own fellow fans under the bus so much on here.
:mrgreen:

channtheman
09-25-2009, 01:10 AM
Give it up already DBB
You guys are asking me to give it on a thread YOU ALL keep bumping with your post...lol.
I came back to the thread to razz up some crow and let it be, but Noooo, some want to keep it going and then complain when I follow up with an answer.
Admit it, I am the necessary evil needed in a rival fan, without individuals like me who would you complain about on here? You surely have to get tired of throwing your own fellow fans under the bus so much on here.

GFY

Tyrone Bigguns
09-25-2009, 03:10 AM
Give it up already DBB

Using the Troll to English dictionary I have taken your post to mean, "I'm flattered that you guys over at packerrats pay any attention to me and my pathetic bears team that the packers beat!"

MichiganPackerFan
09-25-2009, 07:59 AM
Give it up already DBB

Got to say, I kind of agree with that. DBB does absorb a lot of abuse, whether or not it is provoked. Of course there are still a couple of lightening rods around here (you know who you are!)

Dabaddestbear
09-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Give it up already DBB

Using the Troll to English dictionary I have taken your post to mean, "I'm flattered that you guys over at packerrats pay any attention to me and my pathetic bears team that the packers beat!"
And you are right my friend! But flattered is an understatement. :oops:

Iron Mike
09-25-2009, 08:43 PM
I LUV the way Mr. Urlacker says "Hello" to ur qb ! LMAO ! :twisted:

What, from the sidelines??? :roll:

Iron Mike
12-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Look Out, ... Here come Da BEARS

Bwahahaha!!!!

http://www.metalcowboy.com/Gallery/albums/Gallery4-Trans-Canada/p4210019.sized.jpg