PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Game Day Thread: Bears @ Packers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

GBRulz
09-13-2009, 08:41 AM
I didn't see an official game day thread yet, so here goes....

Let the Packer season begin !!!

Anyone going to the game ? I'll be there... soooo excited

:pack: :pack: :pack: :pack: :pack: :pack: :pack: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:

GrnBay007
09-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Posted this on another thread but I guess it goes here now....lol

GO PACK!!! :cow:

And the Green Bay weather....

Today
Abundant sunshine. Warm. High 81F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
81 High

54 Low

Precipitation - 0 %
Sunrise Sunset
6:29 am 7:07 pm

Perfect weather for the lucky peeps tailgating today!! :D

Have fun GBR!!!!

RashanGary
09-13-2009, 08:56 AM
HAVE FUN GBM!!!!

I'd love to go, but I'm cheap as hell and I have to be up at 4:00AM Monday morning for a drive to Milwaukee.

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Go Pack Go!

MJZiggy
09-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Have fun folks! I'm off to watch the Ravens and then come home just in time to watch my beloved Packers kick the living shit out of the Bears. FINALLY!!!!

Rastak
09-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Go Pack Go!

Should be a great game and a real tempo setter for the season being at home and against a divisional rival......can't wait to watch it.

ThunderDan
09-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Posted this on another thread but I guess it goes here now....lol

GO PACK!!! :cow:

And the Green Bay weather....

Today
Abundant sunshine. Warm. High 81F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
81 High

54 Low

Precipitation - 0 %
Sunrise Sunset
6:29 am 7:07 pm

Perfect weather for the lucky peeps tailgating today!! :D

Have fun GBR!!!!

What is abundant sunshine? Isn't that just sunny insead of partly cloudy?

Great day for a game! Let's go Pack. Rodgers for 265 and 3 TD.

MJZiggy
09-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Abundant sunshine is what you'd best cherish before the winter blah sets in.

GBRulz
09-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Last night I saw lots of Bear fans out and about. I think Packer season ticket holders who sell their tix to Bears fans should automatically have their tix revoked.

BTW, the new fence was painted yesterday. It reads "Time for a big hit, Bigby"
Not sure why they chose that one. I read one of the slogans that someone submitted, it was "12 leads to 13". I'm sure most can figure it out. I dunno, I loved that one though!!

falco
09-13-2009, 09:19 AM
I like this line on PFT:

You can believe that Aaron Rodgers doesn't possess some bogus trait that makes quarterbacks solely responsible for winning close game in the ultimate team sport, or you can see Green Bay's seven losses in 2008 by five points or less for what it was: a fluke.

Iron Mike
09-13-2009, 09:20 AM
I read one of the slogans that someone submitted, it was "12 leads to 13". I'm sure most can figure it out. I dunno, I loved that one though!!

I get it.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/125550-R1-18-23A.jpg

Iron Mike
09-13-2009, 09:23 AM

You forgot the music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KUmAphvThQ

RashanGary
09-13-2009, 09:23 AM
I like this line on PFT:

You can believe that Aaron Rodgers doesn't possess some bogus trait that makes quarterbacks solely responsible for winning close game in the ultimate team sport, or you can see Green Bay's seven losses in 2008 by five points or less for what it was: a fluke.

I like this one by HarveyWallbangers

Meanwhile, I could point you to countless other articles that say don't blame Rodgers for the Packers going 6-10. I agree he didn't play perfectly, but AGAIN he led the Packers to a game leading (six times) or game tying (one time) score in the final half of the 4th quarter last year. In 6 of those 7 games, the defense gave up the lead in the final 4 minutes.

That is a huge statement about how well Aaron Rodgers played in the 4th quarter. It's a huge condemnation about what the defense did. And don't forget to include the ST's that gave up huge returns late in games and missed field goals to lose games.

It's like anything else. When a young player starts his first year, yeah, maybe he hasn't won a championship or gotten to the playoffs yet, but it's ONE year. How can that stupid claim even begin to be nurtured in the media? Manning can't win a SB. Wait. Elway and Marino couldn't win one. Wait. Yeah, those things are true for the moment. Some end up being true in the long run, but the reality of why is what they should focus. When you completely ignore context in favor of a one line, incomplete thought, you are an idiot on some level.

MJZiggy
09-13-2009, 09:27 AM

You forgot the music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KUmAphvThQ

I love it when you do that...

GrnBay007
09-13-2009, 09:32 AM
I read one of the slogans that someone submitted, it was "12 leads to 13". I'm sure most can figure it out. I dunno, I loved that one though!!

I get it.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/125550-R1-18-23A.jpg

That should have won!!!!!!

When you take the Lambeau tour that part just gives you chills. Got a pic of my son in front of that when he was 7.

Iron Mike
09-13-2009, 09:42 AM
I don't know HOW I'm gonna make it to 7:20 tonight.

DAMN!!!!

All I can do at this point is start heating up some Chili John's chili:

http://www.womansday.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/chili-johns/563453-1-eng-US/chili-johns.jpg

gex
09-13-2009, 10:01 AM
As Spongebob would say
"I'M READY, I'M READY, I'M READY, I'M READY, I'M READY" :lol:

Fosco33
09-13-2009, 10:07 AM
The Bears still suck (repeat, repeat, repeat)

I'll be enjoying the game at home with the kids - it'll be my son's first game (2mo old) so I'm not sure what to cover: history of football, history of the NFL, history of the Packers, football basics, season preview.

He'll be posting on forums in no time.

GO PACK!

Rastak
09-13-2009, 10:23 AM
I would suggest football basics then teach him all the swear words a guy needs during the games each week.

KYPack
09-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Off to watch the Bengals play the Broncos. Then back to the ranch to watch our lads throttle the Bares.

Everybody have fun, see ya on the game thread.

Thx fer startin' it, GBM.

Yer our lucky charm!

RashanGary
09-13-2009, 10:25 AM
My son is 6 and he's a Giants or Patriots fan :(

Top teams on his Madden 07 game. I'm too cheap to pay $60 for the latest Madden.

Scott Campbell
09-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Kill da Bears.

Scott Campbell
09-13-2009, 10:30 AM

Top teams on his Madden 07 game. I'm too cheap to pay $60 for the latest Madden.

I guess it could be worse. He could be into crack, meth or da Bears.

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Bears Suck!

falco
09-13-2009, 10:49 AM

I'll be enjoying the game at home with the kids - it'll be my son's first game (2mo old) so I'm not sure what to cover: history of football, history of the NFL, history of the Packers, football basics, season preview.

GO PACK!

Not my son's first game, but the first one he'll be able to take in (10 mo old now).

falco
09-13-2009, 10:50 AM

Same here...bought 09 last month for $9 used.

falco
09-13-2009, 10:50 AM
My god...can anyone believe Favre is playing for the Vikes? Not so hard to believe after the last year, I guess. This year is on pace to be the most exciting year of NFL football of all time.

Bretsky
09-13-2009, 10:52 AM
This should be a nice test; the Bears almost always bring their best game and highest intensity to Lambeau.

I speak with a lot of Bear Lovers in my business. They honestly think that they will win the division; point out they were close last year and now they have a huge upgrade and in the short term gave up nothing.

As a fellow homer, I think the Packers win at least 10 games and either win the division over Minnesota or go to the wild card game. I also think GB should win in double digits tonight but I'll take any win

I don't even have the Bears in division contention. Perhaps I'm right; perhaps the Bear Lovers are. Tonight will be telling

If one team comes out and kicks the other teams ass one of the two sides will look pretty wrong.

Rastak
09-13-2009, 10:52 AM
My god...can anyone believe Favre is playing for the Vikes? Not so hard to believe after the last year, I guess. This year is on pace to be the most exciting year of NFL football of all time.

Everytime I see him in a Viking uniform I have to remind myself I didn't step through a gateway to an alternate universe.

Makes for some great storylines!

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 11:08 AM

QFT

falco
09-13-2009, 11:10 AM

QFT

Oh crap, I know I'm doing something wrong when I get a QFT from Mobb... :lol:

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't even have the Bears in division contention.

Dont sleep Bretsky: Cutler is the truth...

Rastak
09-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Scouts inc Packers-Bears breakdown

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Bears-Packers matchup.

1. Chicago needs to show balance on offense: With the acquisition of talented QB Jay Cutler, the Bears' offense needs to establish itself as a balanced attack. Cutler can make all the throws as well as improvise effectively when plays break down. Bears offensive coordinator Ron Turner can expand the playbook.

2. Expect the Bears to spread the ball around: Look for a good dose of Matt Forte in the running game, but also expect the Bears to toss the ball around to their perimeter targets as well as their talented tight ends.

3. Expect the Bears to be aggressive with their defensive game plan: Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers had an impressive preseason, so we should look for Bears coach Lovie Smith to pressure him with a variety of blitzes and stunts. Look for corner and safety blitzes as well as some zone pressure packages up front to get the ball out of Rodgers' hand quickly.

4. Expect designed plays for Devin Hester: Hester is arguably the most explosive playmaker on Chicago's roster. The Bears will try to get him the ball in a variety of ways. Hester's route-running has improved dramatically, and Cutler can get him the ball much better than the Bears' previous signal-callers. Hester will likely be called on to run the ball on reverses. He'll also be used on bubble screens to get him in space versus the Packers' defense.

5. Matchup to watch -- Cutler vs. the Packers' secondary: Cutler has all the tools and weapons to put up big numbers versus the Packers. Green Bay has a talented secondary with two 12-year veterans defending on the perimeter as well as very capable safeties in the middle. This should be a great battle of wills as the Bears are not likely to be conservative in their play calling while new Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers will be ready with a few wrinkles of his own.

6. Look for Green Bay to run early: As talented as Rodgers is, we should look for Packers coach Mike McCarthy to establish the Packers' ground game early in the contest. McCarthy doesn't want to be one-dimensional with the pass. We will likely to see a good mixture of Ryan Grant, Brandon Jackson and DeShawn Wynn in this matchup.

7. Look for an aggressive approach from the Packers' defense: Capers was brought in to bring a more aggressive style to Green Bay's new 3-4 scheme: The Packers have talented linebackers, and the 3-4 scheme lends itself to more stunts, twists and zone-blitz pressure.

8. Expect second-team tight end Jermichael Finley to have a big role: The Packers seem to have found another potent target in Finley. He had an excellent preseason, showing the ability to stretch the field as well as refined route-running, and will be a tough matchup for the Bears' linebackers.

9. Look for big plays from the Packers' defense: The new-look Green Bay defense was more active than any other defense in the preseason. The Bears won't be conservative, which plays into the Packers' favor.

10. Matchup to watch -- Packers WR Greg Jennings vs. Bears CB Nathan Vasher: The Packers will likely try to exploit the Bears' secondary with Jennings, Green Bay's most explosive receiver. Vasher will likely to draw the assignment of covering Jennings. Even though Jennings didn't see much action in the preseason, McCarthy will call his number a lot in this contest.

Prediction Chicago 24 Green bay 23

falco
09-13-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm going to go on the record as saying that all this love the pack is getting is seeming very ominous to me...

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 11:34 AM

QFT

Oh crap, I know I'm doing something wrong when I get a QFT from Mobb... :lol:

LOL

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm going to go on the record as saying that all this love the pack is getting is seeming very ominous to me...

Yeah, thats what pbmax and myself have been sayn this week...

I mean ppl are LOVING the pack....

Fritz
09-13-2009, 11:43 AM

GO PACK!

First, I hope you've already bought him his first football - and no damn nerf/sponge/mini versions, please. If he's going to be a real man he needs a real football.

Secondly, I think if you approach this as a holy event, a ritual, all the other stuff - how the hell the game is played, for example - will follow in its own sweet time.

Freak Out
09-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Lets get it on!

Dabaddestbear
09-13-2009, 11:51 AM
I am so ready for kick off of the games today!

I will be watching the Vikings game first today. it is a MUST to watch your rivals play when your team is not playing. Gives me an extra team (whoever is playing my teams rival) to cheer for while my team isn't playing...lol.

So today my favorite teams to root for are as follows:
1. Chicago Bears
2. Cleveland Browns (although I put my money on the vikings to win today :-( )
3. New Orleans Saints

Go Bears!!!
:knll:

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 11:58 AM
It will be a high scoring game....

Partial
09-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Whoo hoo go Pack!

GBRulz
09-13-2009, 12:01 PM
This should be a nice test; the Bears almost always bring their best game and highest intensity to Lambeau.

I hope they bring the same game they brought to town last year :lol:

Dabaddestbear
09-13-2009, 12:20 PM

Different QB, different defensive scheme, but same players that is used to being int he play offs!
Play Ball! :twisted:

denverYooper
09-13-2009, 03:36 PM

Different QB, different defensive scheme, but same players that is used to being int he play offs!

Except that QB, he's never been to the playoffs.

Dabaddestbear
09-13-2009, 03:50 PM

A Packer fan of all people should be the last to use that as a rebuttal, for neither has Rodgers. Heck Rodgers havent even had a .500 season...lol.

But enough of that. Lets talk about what the players may do today, who cares about yesteryear! :wink:

mission
09-13-2009, 03:50 PM
GO PACK GO!!!!

denverYooper
09-13-2009, 04:15 PM

A Packer fan of all people should be the last to use that as a rebuttal, for neither has Rodgers. Heck Rodgers havent even had a .500 season...lol.

But enough of that. Lets talk about what the players may do today, who cares about yesteryear! :wink:

Sure, except I never made a statement about the playoff experience of our team in the first place.

As for today, I hope your "experienced" defense took their Geritol Extend.

esoxx
09-13-2009, 04:46 PM
I see a lot pressure coming Cutler's way. Pace is a shell of himself and Capers will bring it. Woodson is going to be all over the field tonight.
Keep Forte in check and the beat down is on.

RashanGary
09-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Chicago is a good, disciplined, veteran team. They have been consistently good at one thing (edit: two things) and that is stopping the run and (edit: running the ball.)

A few times in the last couple years, Chicago has challenged the Packers toughness. Each time, MM goes on all week with his Pittsburgh macho mouth about how tough the Packers are.

Then, Chicago comes into Green Bay and we put aside our strength (the passing game) to prove to Lovie (who challenges MM's manhood) that we can beat them with the run.

The result? In a 13-3 year we lose two to Chicago. We have lost more games that we should have won against that team in recent memory than I can remember.

If you really want to prove a point to Lovie Smith, coach your team to kick his teams ass (on the score board). There will be plenty of opportunities all season long to prove points and if you're winning, naturally, you'll prove every one you set out to prove.

Partial
09-13-2009, 05:41 PM
I agree with you JH I think they are going to try to be a run first team this year. These predictions that A-Rod throws for 5k yards could be very off base in the say that I foresee less passing yards this year as they will have the lead early and hopefully suck the life out of the other team via the run.

The shift in the OL bodies embodies this philosophy. I think they'll live it.

RashanGary
09-13-2009, 05:43 PM
I agree with you JH I think they are going to try to be a run first team this year. These predictions that A-Rod throws for 5k yards could be very off base in the say that I foresee less passing yards this year as they will have the lead early and hopefully suck the life out of the other team via the run.

The shift in the OL bodies embodies this philosophy. I think they'll live it.

And I'm one that really hopes he runs it more. Actually, they run it about normal numbers. I'm hoping the run it better because if the run it better, they'll win more bad weather games and it will open the offense wide.

I've seen your posts lately. There isn't much I disagree with you on and as much as a Favre supporter as you were, I'm glad to have you on the wagon. You've proved your Packerfanness (not that you had to, but to me I wonder with some).

RashanGary
09-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Alright, I'm off to grab Burrito's and watch the game with my bro. Have a great game everyone. Hopefully we dominate like I think we can.

superfan
09-13-2009, 06:01 PM
The last hour of the offseason is always the longest.

:wait:

Can't wait for this game to start. With all these increased expectations, feels like a must win game already. Can't afford to drop a game behind our two biggest rivals.

Rastak
09-13-2009, 06:05 PM

Can't wait for this game to start. With all these increased expectations, feels like a must win game already. Can't afford to drop a game behind our two biggest rivals.

Worth the wait, I was FIRED UP at noon today.....

mission
09-13-2009, 06:14 PM

ive held off on making a drink this long and im giving myself another 45 mins... missed the midnight cutoff for beer last night so im stuck with whatever's in the cabinet.

GO PACK GO!!!

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 06:15 PM

he he..

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 06:17 PM

ive held off on making a drink this long and im giving myself another 45 mins... missed the midnight cutoff for beer last night so im stuck with whatever's in the cabinet.

GO PACK GO!!!

Bible belt baby

mission
09-13-2009, 06:18 PM

GO PACK GO!!!

Bible belt baby

Ridiculous IMO!

- True Wisconsinite :P

bobblehead
09-13-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't know HOW I'm gonna make it to 7:20 tonight.

DAMN!!!!

All I can do at this point is start heating up some Chili John's chili:

http://www.womansday.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/chili-johns/563453-1-eng-US/chili-johns.jpg

pretty sure I gained 5 pounds today waiting for the real game to start.

bobblehead
09-13-2009, 06:21 PM

and brett is on pace to pass for 1700 yards.. :shock:

Rastak
09-13-2009, 06:24 PM

and 16-0 if we want to project.... :wink:

Do you get extra points for passing yards or is it strictly the score? :wink:

j/k, enjoy the game tonight.

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 06:28 PM

GO PACK GO!!!

Bible belt baby

Ridiculous IMO!

Same here in DC; gota go to Rural Maryland to cop today

Freak Out
09-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Moose brats for dinner.

Go Pack!

mission
09-13-2009, 06:32 PM

GO PACK GO!!!

Bible belt baby

Ridiculous IMO!

Same here in DC; gota go to Rural Maryland to cop today

Normally could have gone to the hood bootleg house but I've recently graduated into a nice house in the burbs. What's happening to me? Maybe I'm not the hood rat anymore.. . 8-)

And Ras: be happy now, the meltdown is coming...

boiga
09-13-2009, 06:32 PM
That's a shame.

Injury report: Raji, Blackmon, and Jackson are all inactive for the game.

I had hoped Raji would make it in.

mission
09-13-2009, 06:33 PM
That's a shame.

Injury report: Raji, Blackmon, and Jackson are all inactive for the game.

I had hoped Raji would make it in.

Me too! I'd love to see Matthews step up and make some big plays today ...

mission
09-13-2009, 06:36 PM
and best part about the game tonight...

i dont have to watch it on some shitty internet stream.. real TV :lol:

other games ill have to go meet up with waldo at TJs... love that place

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 06:37 PM

and 16-0 if we want to project.... :wink:

Do you get extra points for passing yards or is it strictly the score? :wink:

j/k, enjoy the game tonight.

And All Day on pace for 2880 yards and 48 TDs...lets not play that game.... :evil:

boiga
09-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Full inactives:

Scratched for the Bears are receiver Juaquin Iglesias, receiver Devin Aromashadu, cornerback D.J. Moore, safety Josh Bullocks, guard Lance Louis, defensive tackle Matt Toeaina, tight end Michael Gaines, and defensive tackle Jarron Gilbert.

Out for the Packers are cornerback Will Blackmon, running back Brandon Jackson, cornerback Brandon Underwood, fullback Quinn Johnson, linebacker Brad Jones, guard/center Evan Deitrich-Smith, tackle Breno Giacomini, and defensive lineman B.J. Raji.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/13/inactives-for-bears-packers-on-nbc/

Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing Quinn Johnson in a real game.

Rastak
09-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Blackmon stings a little too. He's a damn good returner....

Partial
09-13-2009, 06:52 PM

Do you roll with the chimp?

Freak Out
09-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Blackmon stings a little too. He's a damn good returner....

Does this mean Nelson returns kicks/punts tonight?

Freak Out
09-13-2009, 07:03 PM

That's not a chimp you chump! :lol:

mission
09-13-2009, 07:03 PM

not technically, but ive been given his/wife jersey identification and where exactly he sits so i look forward to havin a beer with him next week :)

Partial
09-13-2009, 07:04 PM
No Raji hurts :(

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-13-2009, 07:04 PM
What happen with Raji saying "I'm playing 100%."

Oh well. I hope we start fast.

mission
09-13-2009, 07:05 PM
What happen with Raji saying "I'm playing 100%."

Oh well. I hope we start fast.

he got overruled. MMs comments about a full 16 game season were telling of the situation... sounds like he already had his mind made up, regardless of how raji was feeling.

Freak Out
09-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Lets go Packers!

Partial
09-13-2009, 07:14 PM

not technically, but ive been given his/wife jersey identification and where exactly he sits so i look forward to havin a beer with him next week :)

Sounds like a good time.

Who scores the first touchdown of the season everybody + yardage? My guess? Jerk Michael Finley on a 53 yd td. This is a ballsy pick because both Urlacher and Briggs are pretty good in coverage.

Freak Out
09-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Grant with a 6 yard run.

mission
09-13-2009, 07:18 PM
ill say driver 12 yard pass from Airin'

Partial
09-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Game time bitches!! Whoo hoo, this has been the longest off-season ever!!

I would bone that blondie so hard.

Lurker64
09-13-2009, 07:24 PM
I really don't like this song, but really... when was the last time there was a good song for prime time football kickoff?

Freak Out
She is a cutie.

gbgary
LET'S GO PACKERS!!

pbmax
Let's light this candle!

Partial
Driver and A-Rod the guys to meet everyone as they run out the tunnel. The two leaders of the team, for better or worse.

pbmax
09-13-2009, 07:25 PM
I really don't like this song, but really... when was the last time there was a good song for prime time football kickoff?
The original theme. Or maybe early 80s version.

Partial
09-13-2009, 07:25 PM
I like Collinsworth. I think he'll be a nice addition to the booth.

Bretsky
09-13-2009, 07:27 PM
That singer was frickin hot; the the boots....classic.

Collinsworth is solid as an announcer

And to make things better no more Cornhole on Monday Nights !

pbmax
09-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Let's stay on topic B!

Hot women in boots. :lol:

Sparkey
09-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Shit! I am freak'n nervous!!!! :!:

mission
09-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Shit! I am freak'n nervous!!!! :!:

me too!! :oops:

Bretsky
09-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Let's stay on topic B!

Hot women in boots. :lol:

Speaking of hot women in boots....we should all watch a great first half...take a quickie over halftime, and then watch a great second half !!

pbmax
09-13-2009, 07:32 PM
WOOT!

Partial
Nice return from Jordy.

Lurker64
Yay Jordy!

gbgary
AND NO FLAGS!!

Kiwon
Great return! Let's score on the first drive.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Jordy is the fastest white guy in the NFL since Doug Donnelly. White Lightening

pbmax
For good luck.

http://imgsrv.qcountry1037.com/image/wqny/UserFiles/Image/faith_hill_high_boots.jpg

Partial
Urlacher looked very fast there, holy crap.

Lurker64
So far the OL not getting great push.

imscott72
Jordy!! Let's go Pack!!

Mr. T
Great start!

gbgary
09-13-2009, 07:34 PM
the slant is back!

imscott72
09-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Rodgers to Jennings! Gonna be saying that a lot this year..

Lurker64
09-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Bears looking pretty good against the run, so far... less good against the pass.

pbmax
09-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Grant had a hole on teh second down run, but 54 got penetration.

imscott72
09-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Come on Wynn! Catch the ball!

Mr. T
damn

Rastak
Damn, was that Clifton who had the Bears DE in a headlock......geez......

Partial
Damnit Mason. Team looks skittish. They need to settle the fudge down.

imscott72
Fucking Mason..What's with this guy this year?

Kiwon
:( No Good!

pbmax
Well that could have gone better. Which direction was he missing in the camp?

Lurker64
McCarthy sure sends out Crosby on a lot of low percentage FG attempts.

Freak Out
09-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Grant hurt?

gbgary
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/images/smilies/smilie_thud.gif

Partial

Sure, but a 49 yarder isn't unreasonable.

Dabaddestbear
Go MAson!!!

imscott72

49 yarder is one he would have drilled last year..

Partial
09-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Grant hurt?

They're in trouble in that case. Then again, Madtown and I watched Wynn gallop against the Bears in the past.

pbmax
Grant hurt?
Why do you ask? :shock:

Partial
Time to see the D baby! Let's do this. I want to see some serious run stuffage and blitzes on third down.

LOL, Woodson was mounted on the back of Olson!

Partial
09-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Al lines up way closer to the receivers than the other corners do, but he didn't put a hand on them either play so far. If you're going to play right on 'em, at least give 'em a shove before you back pedal.

Nice pressure on the blitz baby! Chillar and Williams had open shots at the QB.

imscott72
09-13-2009, 07:40 PM
DEFENSE!!

pbmax
Matthews in the nickel on right side. In coverage on TE

Rastak
Cutler wild as hell.

Lurker64

No, but it's basically a 50% shot for most kickers.

Gunakor
Excellent series for the defense

gbgary
nice!!

mmmdk
Go MAson!!!

Mason to Bears! :lol:

Partial
09-13-2009, 07:41 PM

No, but it's basically a 50% shot for most kickers.

I honestly have no idea if thats true or not. Source?

pbmax
Al lines up way closer to the receivers than the other corners do, but he didn't put a hand on them either play so far. If you're going to play right on 'em, at least give 'em a shove before you back pedal.

He can't. He needs to watch other routes. He cannot keep his eyes on one receiver long enough to bump.

pbmax
Cutler wild as hell.
Its all scheme Ras. :D

Partial

He can't. He needs to watch other routes. He cannot keep his eyes on one receiver long enough to bump.

Ahhh. Why is he way up on them when the other two are several yards off? He did it two of the three plays. On third down he was off.

pbmax
09-13-2009, 07:43 PM

Ahhh. Why is he way up on them when the other two are several yards off? He did it two of the three plays. On third down he was off.
Even in a zone scheme you can have a man assignment or the short outside zone.

Partial
I like the yellow bracelets. Are they play bracelets? If so, kudos to the QB for not needing one.

Partial

But if thats what he was doing why not bump?

VegasPackFan
is there something wrong with grant?

pbmax
09-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Back missed a blitz pickup and got the eyes from Rodgers.

Gunakor

Maybe it's not what he's doing, but he wants to give Cutler the impression that's what he's doing. Show press coverage, then drop into zone. Create confusion.

pbmax

He may have other things to watch.

Partial
09-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Ready for the shimmy. Satisfy me Donald.

pbmax
Beautiful moving in the pocket.

imscott72
DD baby!!!

Mr. T
Great Pocket Presence!

Partial

Yeah, but he was also lucky. I thought he was going to get sacked there. Actually, after seeing the reply it was pretty damn impressive.

Barbre just got owned :(

denverYooper
Man, Rodgers is shifty.

VegasPackFan
09-13-2009, 07:46 PM
why is grant not in?

Kiwon
Crap! A sack. Beat him bad.

VegasPackFan
forget it

Partial
2nd and 17 and you run a draw yet throw every other damn play? Is Grant hurt? Is this confirmed? Why is he not out there?

denverYooper

Yeah, but he was also lucky. I thought he was going to get sacked there. Actually, after seeing the reply it was pretty damn impressive.

Barbre just got owned :(

Yea, that was Ugly.

Partial
09-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Finley right here....

Oooo, you guys see how pissed Jones looked that he wasn't thrown the ball? That was not a happy reaction.

Rastak
why is grant not in?

He is now.

pbmax
Spitz called the blitz right but no one was open.

Kiwon
DD! Tough chance.

Mr. T
09-13-2009, 07:48 PM
God, it's great to see a nice punt in the regular season.

Partial
09-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Ooooo, Rodgers took a big shot from Urlacher after the pass to DD. They showed it when cutting to commercial. Anybody else catch that? Looked helmet to helmet? Rodgers went down hard.

Freak Out
09-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Urlacher could have creamed Rodgers.....instead he laid him out with a shoulder.

gex
09-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Cmon DD you get your hands on it ya gotta catch it!

Rastak
09-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Urlacher could have creamed Rodgers.....instead he laid him out with a shoulder.

Man, he drilled him.

Partial
09-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Nice grab by Hester. Athleticism showing through on that play.

Did Matthews line up inside on that run? I thought I saw him on the inside of the DE.

Gunakor
09-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Ooooo, Rodgers took a big shot from Urlacher after the pass to DD. They showed it when cutting to commercial. Anybody else catch that? Looked helmet to helmet? Rodgers went down hard.

Gotta get used to those if you wanna play quarterback at this level. Yeah, he definitely got his bell rung, but that was about as clean as they come.

Partial
09-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Pickin' on Harris...

Kiwon
09-13-2009, 07:52 PM
They got Al Harris twice.

Partial

Gotta get used to those if you wanna play quarterback at this level. Yeah, he definitely got his bell rung, but that was about as clean as they come.

Yeah, once they showed it from a side angle it looked good. They showed it from afar before the break.

Freak Out
We need to work the run a bit more.

Tyrone Bigguns
I don't ge this defense...it appears we are moving across the LOS

pbmax
09-13-2009, 07:53 PM
We are playing a ton of nickel.

imscott72
09-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Tramon!! UGH

pbmax
Wow, big pressure and big drop if INT

gbgary
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/images/smilies/smilie_thud.gif

Rastak
Wow, right in the numbers.

Gunakor
T-Will is in my doghouse until further notice...

They don't get much easier than that son.

Mr. T
09-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Nice complaining about holding from Cutler when Kampmans face mask was clearly grabbed.

pbmax
I thought ROberto "Hands of Stone" Duran was retired?

Freak Out
Fuuuuuuuck!!!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
2 hands hitting my forehead

pbmax
Where was the penalty?

pbmax
09-13-2009, 07:56 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOO! Go Collins.

Partial
Lock him up.

imscott72
YEAHHHHH..Collins baby!!

Gunakor
Nick Collins wants another free trip to Hawaii for he and his family.

gbgary
way to go NICK!

Kiwon
INT, baby!

Mr. T
Cutler looks baaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Partial
Both QB's look skittish today. Time to calm down A-Rod. Cutler looks more skittish thus far.

Freak Out
09-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Kia!

pbmax
Is this what it was like playing against Favre? Every third throw hits the wrong guy first?

denverYooper
Whooooooooo!
Whooooooooooo!
Whooooooooooooooo!

Tyrone Bigguns
Both QB's look skittish today. Time to calm down A-Rod. Cutler looks more skittish thus far.

arod looks skittish? When.

pbmax
Kia!
Kudos?

Rastak
What the heck is Cutler doing out there? That's like 2 almost picks and 1 real one in 40 seconds.

Willard
Lock him up.
what he said!

pbmax
09-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Children everywhere say WIndows 7 is great!

Sparkey
McCarthy, mix up the play calling a bit

pbmax
What the heck is Cutler doing out there? That's like 2 almost picks and 1 real one in 40 seconds.
He's a gunslinger! And having fun!

Partial

Most dropbacks so far. Early season jitters. I'm not worried.

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 07:59 PM
HBCU baby

Mr. T
Grant needs to get out of first gear.

pbmax
Well the running game needs to go back to camp./

Tyrone Bigguns
09-13-2009, 08:00 PM

You are high.

pbmax
Way too much arm. Too bad. WIDE O P E N.

Kiwon
This is getting frustrating.

Willard
Driver needs to get out of 3rd gear.

Tyrone Bigguns
Bears on the phone to Ruvell right now..."we need you to suit up...second half if possible.'

Partial

You are high.

I'm level.

That was an inaccurate deep pass there. Damnit.

Mr. T
09-13-2009, 08:01 PM
another nice punt from kapinos. Botched coverage.

pbmax
That touchback was not Kapinos fault. Someone needs to see the ball.

Freak Out
Grant looks hamstrung.....

Tyrone Bigguns

You are high.

I'm level.

Nobody is seeing him act skittish.

Rastak
So Cutler attends OTA's and camp and still isn't in sync with his recievers....perhaps the Favre guy is on to something....hell, no need to go to camp to accomplish that!

:wink:

Sparkey
When did Grant turn 40 ?

gbgary
grant seemed to be hurting on the sidelines a while ago.

denverYooper
decent punt... too bad they couldn't grab it at the 2.

Freak Out
09-13-2009, 08:02 PM

Driver made a damn nice move....Rodgers needs to chill a bit.

Mr. T
09-13-2009, 08:02 PM
I don't think he saw the ball until it was too late. Aaron looked mad at himself on the sidelines.

Mr. T
09-13-2009, 08:03 PM
This feels like the old black and blue division.

imscott72
09-13-2009, 08:03 PM
The D is really swarming to the ball. They look great right now..

Willard
09-13-2009, 08:04 PM
I don't think he saw the ball until it was too late. Aaron looked mad at himself on the sidelines.
Clearly overthrown. Too bad. Hopefully he gets another shot.

Tyrone Bigguns
This feels like the old black and blue division.

Was thinking the exact same thing.

Rastak

Yes they do.

denverYooper
09-13-2009, 08:05 PM

Yeah. Nice to see they're holding their own. Now the O just needs to synch up.

Mr. T
That ball was behind Olsen. Cutler is panicking.

Sparkey
Solid return by Nelson

imscott72
another drive in good field position..Can we get some pts now?

denverYooper
09-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Fuckin' Barbre.

Gunakor
Barbre is getting whipped tonight.

Rastak
[quote="Mr. T"]That ball was behind Olsen. Cutler is panicking.[/quote

I agree.....damn, RT is getting owned badly.

Mr. T
Barbre owned again.

BEARMAN
I LUV the way Mr. Urlacker says "Hello" to ur qb ! LMAO ! :twisted:

Go "BEARS" Go !

Freak Out
Where is Tausch when you need him?

Willard
Hello, Tauscher???

MOBB DEEP
barbre = molasses

Partial
09-13-2009, 08:07 PM

You are high.

I'm level.

Well, since I'm somebody, I disagree :D

imscott72
Barbre is getting owned out there..

Gunakor
Where is Tausch when you need him? If he were a Packer, he'd be on PUP right now anyway.

Tyrone Bigguns
DD in midseason drop form already.

Partial
Breno is inactive too. Fudge. We could use his pass blocking abilities right now.

Mr. T
Our backs look indecisive.

pbmax
09-13-2009, 08:08 PM
The NFC North. Where QBs go to die.

Partial
Where is Tausch when you need him? If he were a Packer, he'd be on PUP right now anyway.

He's a Packer for life.

Hank Baskett, I believe MainePackFan was a big fan of his, just got a big solo on that NFL red zone commercial.

Mr. T
Somebody needs to tell these guys that they added a game to the preseason.

pbmax
Breno is inactive too. Fudge. We could use his pass blocking abilities right now.
He couldn't pass block a refrigerator in preseason. Lang would go to RT.

Tyrone Bigguns

You are high.

I'm level.

Well, since I'm somebody, I disagree :D

Nobody of knowledge.

Rastak
[quote="pbmax"]The NFC North. Where QBs go to die.[/quote

Lol, true dat!

MOBB DEEP
The NFC North. Where QBs go to die.

:lol: