PDA

View Full Version : Al Harris will not be able to adjust to the 3-4

bobblehead
09-13-2009, 10:49 PM
How many frickin times did I have to read that thru the offseason.

PS...what are the odds of Babre losing his job for next week?

Bretsky
09-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Al is a smash mouth football player. He's a gamer who can play in any system.

Barbre.....needs to improve or get replaced....but who is ready ?

I'd love to hear Tauscher was fully recovered. He owned the same guy who was going be Barbre all night

Partial
09-13-2009, 10:51 PM
He got picked on early, but hurray for the big play at the end. Atta boy Al!

Mr. T
09-13-2009, 10:52 PM
I would hope greater than 50%.

Lurker64
09-13-2009, 10:54 PM

Depends on how Lang, Colledge, Sitton, Giacomini, and Wells look in practice ;)

Edit: I forgot to mention Jamon Meredith and Mark Tauscher, they may have some say in this as well.

boiga
09-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Harris is still my favorite Packer. He had a great night tonight considering they were throwing into double coverage away from him and he was all over the run game.

That penalty was BS though. My take is that he got away with a couple earlier in the game and the ref tried to make up for it in the worst moment possible.

Dirty1 still brings the heat.

cheesner
09-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Barbre looked better later in the game. I won't give up on him just yet. He should have an easier matchup the next few games.

Chicago Defense played surprisingly well tonight, got to give them their props.

Little Whiskey
09-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Al got jobbed on the illegal contact call. lucky for the officials the game ended the way it did. that was a horseshit call.

Maybe a call to tauscher is due.

retailguy
09-13-2009, 11:20 PM

If I'm Tauscher, I say FU when Ted calls. Then I sign with one of the other teams that call this week, and they will after watching Barbre.

packerbacker1234
09-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Dom Capers cater's his defense to the abilities of his players. Al Harris is great man to man... so what have they done? What a shock, on 75% of hte plays Al Harris is man up on somebody.

WHo would of guessed that?

Also... it was Woodson who got beat a couple times in this game, not harris. Though, I doubt any of us are too worried about Woodson. He got beat, it happens to the best of them.

Partial
09-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Harris got picked on a good bit tonight, too.

boiga
09-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Harris got picked on a good bit tonight, too. Only once or twice early. They ignored that side of the field in the second half, which is to Al's credit.

He was also dominant against the run tonight.

mission
09-13-2009, 11:23 PM

What, for 2 or 3 catches for 31 yards? :lol:

Sometimes I wonder what game you watch...

Lurker64
09-13-2009, 11:24 PM

I don't know how much Harris got picked on, and how much the Bears ability to complete passes was just due to the strategic limitation of the scheme. The problem with an attacking, pressure based defense is that you're going to leave holes in the zone (that were vacated by attackers) for Receivers to catch passes. Ideally, either the rush gets home or the QB is sufficiently flustered/confused as to not make the right read, but you will be able to complete some long passes against this defense if you can make the right read quickly. I'll have to watch the replay to see how much was deliberately attacking Harris. IIRC, on Cutler's TD pass Harris had single coverage on his receiver and Cutler still threw in the other direction into double coverage.

But you'll see the same thing with this defense as you do with Pittsburgh's, sometimes you give up long passes (10 yards or more.) The goal is to make enough plays the rest of the time that it doesn't matter.

Partial
09-13-2009, 11:24 PM

He was. He was good against the run, gave up 3 first downs I'm pretty sure, including the phantom penalty.

mission
09-13-2009, 11:25 PM

He was. He was good against the run, gave up 3 first downs I'm pretty sure, including the phantom penalty.

OK, so what were you saying?

Partial
09-13-2009, 11:26 PM

OK, so what were you saying?

He was picked on some. Not just chuck. When they needed first downs in the first half the attacked Harris. AKA, picked on him.

I just call it like I see it. I have no opinion on the matter.

mission
09-13-2009, 11:32 PM
"Picked on" insinuates some kind of struggle... he gave up a couple first downs on the first and second drives of the game. Aside from that he blew up anything that came his way.

Picked on is what happened to DRC (Arizona) in the preseason. He got picked on (couldnt stop shit) ...

Harris did not get picked on.

sharpe1027
09-14-2009, 12:21 PM

If I'm Tauscher, I say FU when Ted calls. Then I sign with one of the other teams that call this week, and they will after watching Barbre.

Yeah, F the Packers for letting him rehab with their doctors/eqipment even though they had no oblication to do so. What asses. What jerk move will they do next, give money to charities? The Packer's front office must worship the devil!!! :roll:

Fritz
09-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Not everyone, Sharpe. Just Thompson. :evil:

boiga
09-14-2009, 01:45 PM
http://i.packers.com/pg/2009-09-13/photo78.jpg

You gotta love this guy.