PDA

View Full Version : NFC Playoff Race Week 1

CaliforniaCheez
09-14-2009, 02:08 AM
The NFC is done with games this weekend and analyzing the tiebreakers, here is the playoff positioning.

1st Round Byes

1) Seahawks
2) Saints

Division Winners

3) Packers
4) New York Giants (fewer net TD's than Packers)

Wild Card

5) Eagles (worse division record than Giants)
6) Cowboys (fewer net points than Eagles)

Non-Playoff teams in order

49'ers
vikings
Falcons
Cardinals
Redskins
Bears
Buccaneers
Lions
Panthers
Rams

If you have any questions on the tie breakers please ask.

We will have to see how this holds up after next weeks action.

Scott Campbell
09-14-2009, 02:11 AM
What's our magic number?

mraynrand
09-14-2009, 07:19 AM
The playoff system needs revising if teams with perfect records are shut out.

pbmax
09-14-2009, 08:57 AM
The playoff system needs revising if teams with perfect records are shut out.
How about a Participation Certificate?

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Why the heck was harris showboating instead oif turning it on to possibly get into the endzone??? :evil:

I loved when he did that to throw egg on Hasselbecks face in OT but he had much more room to do his thing!

Looking at replay he coulda gotten in if he had turned on jets

Dont points matter for post season? Gota score when able since the next play isnt guaranteed imho

Gunakor
09-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Why the heck was harris showboating instead oif turning it on to possibly get into the endzone??? :evil:

I loved when he did that to throw egg on Hasselbecks face in OT but he had much more room to do his thing!

Dont points matter for post season? Gota score when able since the next play isnt guaranteed imho

Because that's what Harris does on the rare occasion he actually catches a football - points to the sky as he runs down the sideline. Honestly, I'm glad he didn't score anyway. That meant Rodgers could just kneel on the ball and our defense did not have to take the field again. Nobody's gonna get hurt from the victory formation.

BZnDallas
09-14-2009, 09:25 AM
i wasn't aware Dirty1 had jets.... :oops: 8-)

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 05:15 PM

Because that's what Harris does on the rare occasion he actually catches a football - points to the sky as he runs down the sideline. Honestly, I'm glad he didn't score anyway. That meant Rodgers could just kneel on the ball and our defense did not have to take the field again. Nobody's gonna get hurt from the victory formation.

So points dont matter with regards to the post season? Or its so minute I shouldnt sweat it?

boiga
09-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Because that's what Harris does on the rare occasion he actually catches a football - points to the sky as he runs down the sideline. Honestly, I'm glad he didn't score anyway. That meant Rodgers could just kneel on the ball and our defense did not have to take the field again. Nobody's gonna get hurt from the victory formation. Al said in a post game interview that they're coached to head to the sideline and not the endzone if it's under 2:00 and we have the lead. So he actually made the play ordered by the coach. It's more important to end the game than risk a fumble or give chicago another chance with time on the clock.

It was a heads up move and not just showboating.

SkinBasket
09-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Because that's what Harris does on the rare occasion he actually catches a football - points to the sky as he runs down the sideline. Honestly, I'm glad he didn't score anyway. That meant Rodgers could just kneel on the ball and our defense did not have to take the field again. Nobody's gonna get hurt from the victory formation. Al said in a post game interview that they're coached to head to the sideline and not the endzone if it's under 2:00 and we have the lead. So he actually made the play ordered by the coach. It's more important to end the game than risk a fumble or give chicago another chance with time on the clock.

Do they also coach holding the ball in one hand while celebrating with the other while still on the field? It may have been a heads up move... eventually, but the first thought that filled that stupid head of his was "Waaaaa-Hoooooooo! I gots a football! Look at it! Look at me! Yipee!!!!"

And that was some angle he took to "get out of bounds."

boiga
09-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I didn't mean to say he wasn't showboating, but that he was playing smart WHILE showboating. That's what I want out of our D. :D

Tyrone Bigguns
09-14-2009, 06:03 PM

A lesson Ruvell apparently wasn't listening to during his years here.

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 06:18 PM
So points arent important at the end of the day?

boiga
09-14-2009, 06:34 PM
So points arent important at the end of the day? Not nearly as important as guaranteeing 1-0

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Aight..

But u know teams like the Ravens or Steelers would promote taking it the the house!

Little Whiskey
09-14-2009, 09:51 PM

A lesson Ruvell apparently wasn't listening to during his years here.

At least he increased the teams chemistry by showboating. that counts for a lot.

Gunakor
09-14-2009, 10:20 PM

So points dont matter with regards to the post season? Or its so minute I shouldnt sweat it?

They do, but it's not at the top of the tiebreaker list. Even if it was, it's week 1. I'm more concerned with keeping our guys healthy than I am in running up the score. More victory formation please. Nobody's gonna get hurt kneeling on the ball.