PDA

View Full Version : How 'Bout That Officiating?

Fritz
09-14-2009, 07:27 AM
It's games like these that make you wonder if someone in the league has a rooting interest - in this case, in the Chicago Cutler Bears. Let's take a quick stroll through some of the highlights:

Rodgers gets blasted by Urlacher after throwing a deep ball on a roll out early on. No call.

Kampman gets face-masked in the first half as he goes by an offensive lineman. His head is actually turned right by the blocker. No call.

Sitton gets called for a hold that snuffs a drive. Spitz gets called for another hold. Both holds are questionable at best, especially when compared to....

....the second half when Kampman looks like he's about to sack Cutler straight up the middle, but gets held and nearly spun around by the blocker hanging on to Kampman. No call.

Rodgers slides at the end of the game, and two - count 'em, two - Bears defenders go down to deliver blows on the already-sliding Rodgers. No call.

The Packers stop the Bears on 3rd and nine late in the game, but wait, there's a flag! It's illegal contact on Al Harris, who lightly made contact with a receiver five yards from the line of scrimmage.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but what in the hell was that officiating all about? It is hard not to wonder when the refs review an obviously good two point conversion. I couldn't figure out why they did it and why they were taking so long until I suddenly realized that the spread was four points...

Tarlam!
09-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Don't the coaches get to score the zebras after each game? I think I remember reading that in M3's 1st year he was pretty scathing on some of the crews.

Maybe, it's payback?

pbmax
09-14-2009, 07:36 AM
The Packers stop the Bears on 3rd and nine late in the game, but wait, there's a flag! It's illegal contact on Al Harris, who lightly made contact with a receiver five yards from the line of scrimmage.
Generally, I think referee complaints will even out. But this incident will get an explanation and a letter to the Packers. Collingsworth and Al had this one nailed. Nice they went back to it even after the next drive had started.

SkinBasket
09-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Generally, I think referee complaints will even out. But this incident will get an explanation and a letter to the Packers. Collingsworth and Al had this one nailed. Nice they went back to it even after the next drive had started.

To have a tv crew point out that there should have been a penalty the other way is kind of indicative of just how bad that was. Hester was lined up just feet from the official after all.

I thought the worst calls were the facemask on Kampman early, since it was clear the Bears wanted to come out playing nasty, the Packers weren't going to engage them on that level, but the officials are supposed to control that kind of shit - especially in the first quarter when the tone of the game's being set. The other was the shoulder check by Urlicker on Rodgers. Two steps, head lowered, defenseless QB. Kind of exactly what they've been trying to prevent in recent years.

Bossman641
09-14-2009, 08:22 AM
That call on Harris was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. I know the Packer CB's have developed a reputation for being physical with WR at the line, but if that is illegal contact then it could have been called on every play.

Waldo
09-14-2009, 08:28 AM
It was Ron Winters. Do you ever recall a Ron Winters reffed game where the calls seemed to be going the Packers way?

pbmax
09-14-2009, 08:40 AM
It was Ron Winters. Do you ever recall a Ron Winters reffed game where the calls seemed to be going the Packers way?
He did get two challenges right, so I don't think its team specific for the ref. But the ones he blew weren't even.

Fosco33
09-14-2009, 08:43 AM
I hate when we all get pissed about bad calls. If the Pack had done their job throughout the game, most of that would be meaningless.

I didn't like the Urlacher shot or the no call on the dive. Both were close plays - Urlacher was coming full speed and ARod did a very quick slide.

The holding calls are tough - but there are always holding calls missed (when I rewatched the first half, Barbre had at least one no-call).

The punch by Tillman after the Spitz call was also well after the whistle and unnecessary.

I saw a few other penalties that should've been called - multiple hands to the face by the Chicago RT, a forearm to ARod's head early in the 1st Q (on that tip by Payne).

Chicago always plays a little dirtier vs. the Packers and I'm sure ARod is feeling it this morning.

If the league wants to have a quality product on the field, they should make a few of those calls in ARod's favor next time -- with Barbre in there, he'll take enough legal hits as anyways.

FritzDontBlitz
09-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Kampman gets face-masked in the first half as he goes by an offensive lineman. His head is actually turned right by the blocker. No call.

Well, on the same play Tramon Williams grabbed the receiver with both hands to pull him out of the way before he dropped a possible interception so it would have been offsetting penalties if the refs had their eyes open.

I watched the Minnesota game and there were plenty of missed calls there, too. Its opening day for the zebras too, so they start out sloppy just as the players do.

MadScientist
09-14-2009, 09:51 AM
The zebras sucked, but they weren't totally against the Pack. The play where the Bear's punter got taken out should have been called as well. This crew wasn't even ready for the preseason.

mission
09-14-2009, 10:00 AM
The zebras sucked, but they weren't totally against the Pack. The play where the Bear's punter got taken out should have been called as well. This crew wasn't even ready for the preseason.

Not at all. The rule on that is where they're diving to I guess you would say. Guy reached out to block the punt and extended out where the ball would have been and once he hit the ground went below the punter since he was coming forward... if you just dive and your aim point is off and you smash into the punter then it's a penalty. Ive seen it called both ways but that play was definitely clean. Good no call.

Spaulding
09-14-2009, 10:27 AM

Winters have relation to Jerry "I'm going to screw the Packers" Markbright? Seemed we had a game or two annually where he impacted the outcome.

green_bowl_packer
09-14-2009, 10:34 AM
At least they had a sense of humor.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ref-lol.gif

Packgator
09-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Three (accepted) penalties called against the Bears tied for fewest league wide on opening day.

mraynrand
09-14-2009, 10:38 AM
The officials are employing a new 3-4 alignment. It will take some time for them to get comfortable.

Cheesehead Craig
09-14-2009, 11:23 AM
The officials are employing a new 3-4 alignment. It will take some time for them to get comfortable.

Their pad level was obviously too high last night.

red
09-14-2009, 11:53 AM
ron winters is a giant douche

i had him as a prof in college and thought he was a dickhead

i cringe whenever i see him officiating a packer game

gbgary
09-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Rodgers slides at the end of the game, and two - count 'em, two - Bears defenders go down to deliver blows on the already-sliding Rodgers. No call.

and those f'ers lead with their helmets too. yup the refs blew last night!

Fritz
09-14-2009, 12:33 PM
That seemed egregious to me. And if they're worried about affecting the outcome of the game at a crucial time by the officiating, then why did they call Al Harris for what was not even illegal contact?

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2009, 12:34 PM
I generally hate complaining about officiating, but I told superfan early in the game that I hate when he have Ron Winters and his crew. Seems like we get shafted more than not when his crew is doing our game. Sure enough, one of the worst illegal contact call you'll ever see at the most inopportune time.

Fritz
09-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I usually feel like complaining about officiating is nothing but excuses, but it just seemed so particularly awful last night.

And how about reviewing a two point conversion that seemed obviously good, and taking so long to do so? Did someone from the NFL call the officials and remind them that there was a 4 point spread on the game, so they needed to be sure of that two point conversion? Even Al "Combover" Michaels and Cris Collingsworth were flabbergasted by that review.

Packgator
09-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Did someone from the NFL call the officials and remind them that there was a 4 point spread on the game,

The spread kept moving up. By game time it was up to 5.

Tony Oday
09-14-2009, 03:55 PM
I think the hits on AR were clean, c'mon this isnt basketball here. Urlacher cracked him shoulder to shoulder and lit up his world.

The kamp facemask sucked but again I am sure that happens alot and isn't called.

Harris penalty was teh suck because really? I mean again this isnt basketball!

swede
09-14-2009, 03:59 PM
I think the hits on AR were clean, c'mon this isnt basketball here. Urlacher cracked him shoulder to shoulder and lit up his world.

The kamp facemask sucked but again I am sure that happens alot and isn't called.

Harris penalty was teh suck because really? I mean again this isnt basketball!

The Urlacher hit made me grumpy, but I realized that I was watching it in slo-mo. It was really borderline to be sure, but I remember getting at least two penalties against us last year following QB sacks because the league was "protecting" the quarterbacks. they were borderline too but they went against us.

packerbacker1234
09-14-2009, 04:23 PM
The call/no call that had the most effect on the game was the Al Harris illegal contact. Not only was he within 5 yards: As the anouncers said "regardless" it wouldn't of been illegal contact. He didn't touch the helmet, didn't slow up the wr, didn't cut off the route, he brushed him - and according to the rule book: That is completely legal. Hell he was within 5 yards, he could of shoved him if he wanted.

So... I don't get that call. Crucial part of the game, could of lead to us losing.

Now yes, if we do what we have to the ref calls wont matter, and they didn't matter in the end, but the fact they could of mattered is bad. Especially late. Early is Early, but ot make a bad call late like that? I mean - late game calls is what can effect the outcome of the game the most.

Fritz
09-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Tony, if you'd written that post in 1980 I'd have been fine with it. Back in the day, you could smack a QB after he threw the ball as long as you had momentum and it wasn't too obvious you were headhunting.

But the emphasis has been on protecting the moneymakers, er, quarterbacks. So are you going to call that stuff or not?

Just wait. Next time an opposing QB unleashes a throw and a Packer slams into him, shoulder, not head, first, I bet there'll be a call.

mraynrand
09-14-2009, 04:32 PM
I usually feel like complaining about officiating is nothing but excuses, but it just seemed so particularly awful last night.

And how about reviewing a two point conversion that seemed obviously good, and taking so long to do so? Did someone from the NFL call the officials and remind them that there was a 4 point spread on the game, so they needed to be sure of that two point conversion? Even Al "Combover" Michaels and Cris Collingsworth were flabbergasted by that review.

Alcoa is definitely picking that play up for it's "Great Moments in Gambling History" feature. You can see the bleary, bloodshot eyes of desperate gamblers across the nation watching that instant replay review process with great interest. I imagine there were a few side bets on the outcome of the review itself.

Tony Oday
09-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Tony, if you'd written that post in 1980 I'd have been fine with it. Back in the day, you could smack a QB after he threw the ball as long as you had momentum and it wasn't too obvious you were headhunting.

But the emphasis has been on protecting the moneymakers, er, quarterbacks. So are you going to call that stuff or not?

Just wait. Next time an opposing QB unleashes a throw and a Packer slams into him, shoulder, not head, first, I bet there'll be a call.

he was out of the pocket and Urlacher was going full bore...I do not see how he could have held up or should have...that being said I also agree that it seems when we had Brent someone could breathe on his helmet and get 15 yards...also what is with this new rule that a WR has to have both feet on the ground before you can hit them?

Cheesehead Craig
09-14-2009, 05:18 PM
As was said before, the Packers will just get a generic "I'm sorry" letter from the league on behalf of the officials and that will be it.

bobblehead
09-14-2009, 07:45 PM
you forgot he illegal contact call on third down much earlier (can't remember exactly when) where they showed the replay and not only wasn't there ILLEGAL contact there was absolutely NO contact by any of the 3 packers in the general vicinity.

My theory is this. I thought we caught some bad officiating last year too. BF is a huge cash cow for the NFL and TT and MM tried to keep him retired. Goodell didn't like it one bit as he got very involved for no good reason. That is my conspiracy theory.

edit: and you are right, we tend to get called for holding to kill potential game changing drives late in games. Last year College executed a perfect stand and cut on fat pat and got called for holding...even aikeman groaned. Tony Moll got called for the slightest little jersey tug about 3 seconds after grant blew past him for a first down (on super mario) that changed it to 2nd and 20. Again the announcers said you could call it on every play in the NFL. Both times the pack were taking control of the game and delivering momentum crushing running plays.

Iron Mike
09-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Check out the nice un-called wrestling takedown on Kampy at about 0:27:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d812a0278/Concern-for-Chicago

Little Whiskey
09-15-2009, 09:21 PM
As was said before, the Packers will just get a generic "I'm sorry" letter from the league on behalf of the officials and that will be it.

not sure what you want from the league? give them a free call later, add more points, give them a win plus, a blow job?

Guiness
09-15-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm awful curious to know what the ref saw, or thought he saw on the AH play.

Receiver didn't change direction, nothing.

Iron Mike
09-15-2009, 09:55 PM

not sure what you want from the league? give them a free call later, add more points, give them a win plus, a blow job?

I think they should get the Old El Kabong:

http://whatigotsofar.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/elkabong.jpg

gex
09-15-2009, 11:01 PM
We need some good investigating reporting where the reporter and cameraman get up in the refs face as they are leaving the stadium and for the whole week after, asking them what they where thinking and why they did what they did. Like the Fox news reporters harassing people/judges when they make questionable calls. The public should know why and hold them responsible.......the NFL really protects them from any scrutiny and in a business this big that isn't right.

SnakeLH2006
09-16-2009, 01:55 AM
It's a good thing no Packers had any samurai swords post game. It coulda been bad for the officials.....

http://gizmodo.com/5359797/student-kills-intruder-with-samurai-sword-after-playstation-laptops-stolen

Holy crap. Detectives are still interviewing a Johns Hopkins University student who fatally lacerated the upper body of a man breaking into his off-campus residence overnight. The suspect also suffered a nearly-severed hand, and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The house is home to four undergrads who had already had a Sony PlayStation and two laptops stolen earlier on Monday.

So when one of the students heard noises at about 1am, he went to downstairs to investigate armed with the sword. He saw that the side door to their garage had been pried open, and inside, the suspect lunged at him.

The guy probably didn't deserve to die, but Police have confirmed he has priors for breaking and entering.

Self defense or too much force? It's hard to say without being there.

Gunakor
09-16-2009, 02:05 AM
It's a good thing no Packers had any samurai swords post game. It coulda been bad for the officials.....

http://gizmodo.com/5359797/student-kills-intruder-with-samurai-sword-after-playstation-laptops-stolen

Holy crap. Detectives are still interviewing a Johns Hopkins University student who fatally lacerated the upper body of a man breaking into his off-campus residence overnight. The suspect also suffered a nearly-severed hand, and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The house is home to four undergrads who had already had a Sony PlayStation and two laptops stolen earlier on Monday.

So when one of the students heard noises at about 1am, he went to downstairs to investigate armed with the sword. He saw that the side door to their garage had been pried open, and inside, the suspect lunged at him.

The guy probably didn't deserve to die, but Police have confirmed he has priors for breaking and entering.

I guess I might feel bad for the deceased if he hadn't been killed while in the middle of breaking and entering, probably burglary, and on top of everything else had lunged at the tenant who was weilding a sword. What a moron.

SnakeLH2006
09-16-2009, 02:28 AM

I guess I might feel bad for the deceased if he hadn't been killed while in the middle of breaking and entering, probably burglary, and on top of everything else had lunged at the tenant who was weilding a sword. What a moron.

It's kinda nutz the dude had a samurai sword, but hey, how do you know he isn't there to rape/murder etc? Esp. when he lunged...Then run out purp...What got me is that he lunged at the tenant...Then it's on.

Most thefts by percentage are done when peeps aren't there. But if someone broke into my house.....Snake's got a 50 Cal. DE on lock and a razor sharp Rambo knife bedside. It's all in at that point. Odds on Snake big-time.

I'd feel sorry for the purp....that's be that last time they broke into a house....And ALL legal within U.S. jurisdiction....Lights out purp. Lights fucking out.

mission
09-16-2009, 03:10 AM

It's kinda nutz the dude had a samurai sword, but hey, how do you know he isn't there to rape/murder etc? Esp. when he lunged...Then run out purp...What got me is that he lunged at the tenant...Then it's on.

Most thefts by percentage are done when peeps aren't there. But if someone broke into my house.....Snake's got a 50 Cal. DE on lock and a razor sharp Rambo knife bedside. It's all in at that point. Odds on Snake big-time.

I'd feel sorry for the purp....that's be that last time they broke into a house....And ALL legal within U.S. jurisdiction....Lights out purp. Lights fucking out.

And I love everything about this law. You come into my house.. shiittt... I'm asking questions second. Not a problem to drop a knife in his hand to make extra sure the case is tight.

SnakeLH2006
09-16-2009, 03:23 AM

And I love everything about this law. You come into my house.. shiittt... I'm asking questions second. Not a problem to drop a knife in his hand to make extra sure the case is tight.

LMFAOLLOLOLOL...Damn Mobb. There ain't no bloody gloves, and I love you man, but goddamn...must be a black thing, yo? Why you gotta drop a knife to "make sure"? Classic, though. Good stuff. Snake would just shoot the bastard dead and call the cops when I know he wasn't twitching no 'mo and prob. teabag him too. Damn. Is it all a conspiracy, though, eh Mobb? :lol:

You sound like my old ex-door neighbor from Detroit (black but it doesn't matter) who has about 30 firearms ready to kill someone. He's a great guy and my golfing buddy, but damn if I'd EVER fuck with that guy. He's ready to shoot the mailman dead if he peeked in the door with a delivery. Really a gun-nut.

Snake just has my 50 Caliber Desert Eagle and a big ass knife.... I'd love to paste a burglar with it, though...Wouldn't be much left...and for a good cause, yo.

Watch the movie "Snatch"...same .50 Cal gun (I love it)....I'm just itching to use it. :cry: :shock: :D

Totally legal though in the U.S. to defend your home...so that samurai dude was the same. Sword is an upgrade to a purp's fists. You by right, are allowed to defend you home with any means on a break-in.

He's clean by law (the tenant). Sucks for the purp. Should think about that before you rob a place TWICE!!!! MORON!!!...Now he's dead. Dumb fucker. I'd shoot him in the face AFTER THE FACT just to mess his funeral-face up. Fuck him. You rob me....die slow or get fucked the fuck up. Fuck a burglar.

pbmax
09-16-2009, 07:48 AM
We need some good investigating reporting where the reporter and cameraman get up in the refs face as they are leaving the stadium and for the whole week after, asking them what they where thinking and why they did what they did. Like the Fox news reporters harassing people/judges when they make questionable calls. The public should know why and hold them responsible.......the NFL really protects them from any scrutiny and in a business this big that isn't right.
Yes, that is a universally recognized employment best practice. Take the lowest paid guys in the business and harass them publicly while filming it.

Works for GE, Microsoft, Alcoa, Mayo Clinic ...

Little Whiskey
09-16-2009, 08:26 AM
....I'm just itching to use it. :cry: :shock: :D

i hope you've used it in the past. as in, practice with the it a bit. otherwise you have a better chance just throwing the gun at him. With the cost of 50 cal handgun ammo and recoil, i doubt you're able to shot the range much. think what happens when you miss with a 50 cal.(or hit and go thru the subject). drywall does not stop it. there isn't a law that says it is legal to shoot at a perp and kill the neighbor. that = jail time. better to lighten the load. maybe look at tauras's "the judge". much better home defense gun.

sharpe1027
09-16-2009, 08:34 AM

Not to make any excuses, but the only person that could possibly know if he lunged is the kid who killed the guy (and the dead guy who probably isn't talking). Maybe the guy lunged, maybe he didn't, but the kid has every reason to say that the guy did. Remember that Snake. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.... :wink:

sharpe1027
09-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Yes, that is a universally recognized employment best practice. Take the lowest paid guys in the business and harass them publicly while filming it.

So your suggesting they should pay them more and then hold them to a higher standard? Works for me.

Cheesehead Craig
09-16-2009, 08:38 AM

Don't want anything from the league neither did I ask nor infer I wanted anything. Simply stated what will happen.

mraynrand
09-16-2009, 08:40 AM
The Referee Pitman show. Ref [John Goodman] takes questions from the fans ...

Rock Clark: Hello, everybody, and welcome to another edition of "The Referee Pitman Show". As always, we'll be taking questions and talking football with NFL referee Bill Pitman. Ref, welcome.

Referee Pitman: Thanks, Rock.

Rock Clark: Okay, Ref, last week you called the Bills-Oilers game in Houston. Let's take a look at some highlights.

[ clips are shown of the Ref's erronous calls ]

Okay, there you are making the call. There's an offsides.. there's a defensive holding.. and there's a too-many-men-on-the-field.

[ return to Ref and Rock in the studio ]

Okay. As you can see, it was an exciting game, and there were some controversial calls. I understand, Ref, that you were hit by a bottle after the game?

Referee Pitman: Well.. yes, I was hit, Rock. It was, uh.. it was actually a jar.. I believe, sort of a pickle jar. Well, inside the jar was a fetus. It was a pig fetus, not a human fetus like the one in Philadelphia.. and fortunately it didn't shatter, like in Philadelphia.

Rock Clark: Well, you're a lucky man, Ref. Okay. Well, I know our fans and callers have plenty of questions for you, so let's get started. [ audience member raises hand ] Yes, sir, you have a question for the Ref?

Audience Member #1: Uh, yeah. It's great to be here, Ref. Um.. listen, I just wanted to know, um.. are you totally blind, or just legally blind.. uh.. so that, you know, you can make out shapes and degrees of light, you know, that kind of thing?

Referee Pitman: Well, actually.. I have 20/20 vision. I have mentioned this on the show before. I'm not blind, never have been. Thanks for your question.

Audience Member #1: Okay, thank you.

Rock Clark: Okay, next?

Audience Member #2: Uh, yes, I wanted to ask you about last Sunday's game.

Referee Pitman: Yes. Go ahead.

Audience Member #2: Yeah, I was just wondering, were you watching a different game while you were officiating? Like, on a little mini-TV, or something like that?

Referee Pitman: No, I wasn't. I was concentrating on the game I was officiating.

Audience Member #2: Oh, wow! You know, because it seemed like your calls were related to a game being played somewhere far away.

Rock Clark: That is interesting. Okay, who's next? [ audience member raises hand ] Yes?

Audience Member #3: Yeah, uh, hi, great show. I saw the last game, and I just want to know, do you find it helpful to keep your head up your rear end? I mean, why during the game? It seems that during the game you want to have your head, you know, out and in the open air so you can see the plays. I mean, is it comfortable, or is it for the warmth, or what?

Rock Clark: How about it, Ref? Your head inside your rear end?

Referee Pitman: [ thinking ] No. No, nope, never done that. I wouldn't even know how to go about it, it's an interesting position, but, uh.. nope.

Rock Clark: Okay, apparently not. But good question. Okay, Ref, let's look at one of the more controversial plays from Sunday.

[ clips are shown of more of Ref's erronous calls ]

Here's the pass to Jeffries, he clearly fumbles to the other team, but the ball is rolled dead and the Oilers keep it. It seems as though you were retarded on that play, Ref.

[ return to Ref and Rock in the studio ]

Referee Pitman: Nnnnnooo.. I'm not retarded, Rock.

Rock Clark: Is there any history in your family of blackouts or hallucinations, or fits of dementia?

Referee Pitman: No. I'm fairly certain there isn't.. but I could research for you and get back to you.

Rock Clark: Good. Okay. Alright, let's go back to our audience. [ audience member stands ]

Audience Member #4: Uh, yeah, got a question about the Ref's brain.

Rock Clark: Yeah?

Audience Member #4: I was just curious - what's in your head, you know, since there's no brain? I mean, is it empty, or is it filled with, say, human excrement?

Rock Clark: I think I can handle that one, Ref. The Ref does have a brain, otherwise he wouldn't be able to conduct this interview right here. That's how I know. I mean, it's basic high school biology. So the excrement question is irrelevent.

Audience Member #4: Thank you!

Rock Clark: Okay, let's take some calls. Hello?

Caller #1: Hi, Ref? Um, when you're caught and banned from pro football, what do you plan to do for a living?

Referee Pitman: Well, I don't know what I'd be caught for, but when I retire I plan to spend more time with my children.

Caller #1: Oh. And, um, will you teach them deception and chiconery?

Referee Pitman: Mmmmmm.. nope. Nope, I won't.

Rock Clark: Okay. Another caller. Next question for the Ref.

Caller #2: Uh.. I'm an optometrist..

Rock Clark: Sorry! We covered that topic earlier! Okay, let's go back to our audience. [ audience member stands ] Yes, sir.

Audience Member #5: Hi. Great show, Ref. My boy and I were wondering what it's like for you to have no soul. And, also, what do you use to fill up your body where the soul would be? Now, is that human excrement, or dog excrement?

Referee Pitman: [ chuckles ] I wish I had a dime for every time I was asked that one!

Rock Clark: Okay! Do we have time for one mroe question? Okay, one more question. [ earlier audience member stands again ] You have something else, sir?

Audience Member #3: Yeah, I just wanted to invite Referee Pitman to have sex with himself. Because that's something, you know, that, as far as I'm concerned, he can go and do.

Rock Clark: Good to know. We're out of time. Ref, this Sunday you're doing the Giants-Eagles game?

Referee Pitman: That's right, Rock.

Rock Clark: Good. And will there be any real refs at this game, in attendance?

Referee Pitman: Yes. Myself, and two others.

Rock Clark: Hard to believe. Okay. 'Til next week, this is Rock Clark saying, "Referee Pitman sucks!" Good night.

Fritz
09-16-2009, 12:58 PM

Don't want anything from the league neither did I ask nor infer I wanted anything. Simply stated what will happen.

Umm, that blow job part? Who would be giving it? Do they contract that out? I mean, if it's not Goodell or some guy they send up to Green Bay, I'll stand in for Ted, or whoever would get it, if he's too busy.

MichiganPackerFan
09-16-2009, 02:51 PM
I didn't like the Urlacher shot or the no call on the dive. Both were close plays - Urlacher was coming full speed and ARod did a very quick slide.

Not too quick for the two defenders to adjust their trajectory and hit him on the ground. It's not like they were coming up to tackle him on the ground and they happened to collide because they were in the same place at the same time. That's what makes it a dirty hit, they ADJUSTED IN ORDER TO HIT HIM ON THE GROUND and NO FLAG.

gex
09-16-2009, 04:23 PM

Why, is there a referee shortage that we don't know about?
If they have good reasons and decent explanations on why they made the calls they did then there is no reason for them to fret about it.
If they don't, or they can't handle the scrutiny then they should get out of the business.......

Lurker64
09-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Aren't all of the NFL referees highly paid white collar guys (lawyers, executives, etc.) who just do this on weekends because they want to and manage to cut a considerable second check as a result?

Plus, I mean, of all the major sports in the U.S., the NFL refs are the best at their jobs for their relative sports and they're the only ones who only do this job part time. It's uncanny how often these guys make the right call on little things. It's that they're so consistently good that little things stand out so much.

I mean.. look at NBA refs...

pbmax
09-16-2009, 04:44 PM

Why, is there a referee shortage that we don't know about?
If they have good reasons and decent explanations on why they made the calls they did then there is no reason for them to fret about it.
If they don't, or they can't handle the scrutiny then they should get out of the business.......
They are already scrutinized, by the fans, the TV broadcasters, the Instant Replay and the League. Do you really think a press conference is going to help weed out the problem?

Guiness
09-16-2009, 04:49 PM

Not too quick for the two defenders to adjust their trajectory and hit him on the ground. It's not like they were coming up to tackle him on the ground and they happened to collide because they were in the same place at the same time. That's what makes it a dirty hit, they ADJUSTED IN ORDER TO HIT HIM ON THE GROUND and NO FLAG.

Mmm, never thought of it that way. If they were going to tackle him normally, they would've been higher...and passed over him when he slid.

So, they saw the start of the slide, and went down after him.

MichiganPackerFan
09-16-2009, 07:06 PM

Mmm, never thought of it that way. If they were going to tackle him normally, they would've been higher...and passed over him when he slid.

So, they saw the start of the slide, and went down after him.

Exactly. I've seen a lot of cheap shots out of Urlacher and the Bears over the years, and this certainly did not fail to live down to expectations.

Freak Out
09-16-2009, 07:43 PM

LMFAOLLOLOLOL...Damn Mobb. There ain't no bloody gloves, and I love you man, but goddamn...must be a black thing, yo? Why you gotta drop a knife to "make sure"? Classic, though. Good stuff. Snake would just shoot the bastard dead and call the cops when I know he wasn't twitching no 'mo and prob. teabag him too. Damn. Is it all a conspiracy, though, eh Mobb? :lol:

You sound like my old ex-door neighbor from Detroit (black but it doesn't matter) who has about 30 firearms ready to kill someone. He's a great guy and my golfing buddy, but damn if I'd EVER fuck with that guy. He's ready to shoot the mailman dead if he peeked in the door with a delivery. Really a gun-nut.

Snake just has my 50 Caliber Desert Eagle and a big ass knife.... I'd love to paste a burglar with it, though...Wouldn't be much left...and for a good cause, yo.

Watch the movie "Snatch"...same .50 Cal gun (I love it)....I'm just itching to use it. :cry: :shock: :D

Totally legal though in the U.S. to defend your home...so that samurai dude was the same. Sword is an upgrade to a purp's fists. You by right, are allowed to defend you home with any means on a break-in.

He's clean by law (the tenant). Sucks for the purp. Should think about that before you rob a place TWICE!!!! MORON!!!...Now he's dead. Dumb fucker. I'd shoot him in the face AFTER THE FACT just to mess his funeral-face up. Fuck him. You rob me....die slow or get fucked the fuck up. Fuck a burglar.

I've seen the work of a Desert Eagle.....guy was big...about 6' 6" and 265lbs...first shot to the back just below the left shoulder, second in the ass as the guy was going down and the third to the face....ugly stuff.

boiga
09-17-2009, 02:07 PM
NFL VP of Officiating, Mike Pereira, admitted the Defensive Holding call against Harris was bogus. He says Al was within five yards and the flag should never have been thrown.

Here's the vid: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d812adc0c/Official-Review-Week-1-bonus-coverage

In hindsight, I don't mind the bad call. The ref made up for it by letting Al get away with a push off on his interception to end the game.

RashanGary
09-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Ugh. .

That was a badly officiated game.

That ref was laughing after the botched punt fake as if to say, "We keep trying to give it to you and you're doing everything you can to blow it"

MadtownPacker
09-17-2009, 02:53 PM
I'd shoot him in the face AFTER THE FACT just to mess his funeral-face up. Fuck him. You rob me....die slow or get fucked the fuck up. Fuck a burglar.Wow, you are hardcore telling us how you are gonna smoke someone. Now go back to your ipod and listen to some more NWA jams you fake piece of shit.

Back to the subject fuck yeah that was a cheapshot. urlagger was trying to end ARod's season. All good though because kharma paid that bitch back by taking away his season instead.

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2009, 02:43 AM
8-)

Fritz
09-18-2009, 07:06 AM
Well, Snake, Destry you are not.

bobblehead
09-18-2009, 10:14 AM

Oh, something crazy like accountability, a fine maybe. Full time officials who work in the offseason to stay on top of the game.

If a certain official has a trackable record of calling 4th quarter holds against a certain team fire his ass. How about reviewing all the calls made and see what % of them are shitty and replace him??

sharpe1027
09-18-2009, 10:42 AM

Oh, something crazy like accountability, a fine maybe. Full time officials who work in the offseason to stay on top of the game.

If a certain official has a trackable record of calling 4th quarter holds against a certain team fire his ass. How about reviewing all the calls made and see what % of them are shitty and replace him??

It is amazing what even the threat of accountablity can have. On the other hand, when people believe they will not be held accountable, they do some crazy shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

IMO, more transparency for the public would be a good thing.

MichiganPackerFan
09-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Where the Bad-Call Bar is Set
by Kevin Hench

Week 1 was absolutely spectacular in terms of NFL officials delivering early and often on even more crappy calls than could normally be expected.

It started in the season opener on Thursday night. Referee Bill Levy — who Seahawks' fans will remember as the Steelers' 12th man in Super Bowl XL — made a terrible holding call against Pittsburgh. But that was nothing compared to the flag the back judge threw for pass interference on Troy Polamalu after the receiver he was covering perfectly jumped on his back. The call left Cris Collinsworth and Al Michaels dumbstruck in the booth.

On Sunday night, the Packers' Al Harris was called for illegal contact away from the ball for tapping a Bears receiver perhaps five-and-an-eighth yards downfield. The call kept a Bears' drive alive, led to a score and once again left the (deservedly) ubiquitous Collinsworth incredulous.

On Monday night, New England's Vince Wilfork was flagged for roughing the passer by executing a move that was heretofore known as a "tackle." This time it was Ron Jaworski's turn to express disbelief at the call he just saw, explaining that not only had Wilfork done nothing wrong, he had executed his takedown as expertly as a nose tackle could be expected to.

But the stripes weren't done ruining Week 1. In a merciless letter-of-the-law interpretation — of a rule that should be amended — referee Carl Cheffers got his magnifying glass out and denied the Raiders' Louis Murphy an obvious TD catch, apparently because Murphy did not maintain possession of the ball all the way to his mantle. It was a play that never would have been challenged by a coach outside of two minutes. Replay was not designed to overturn plays that 99.9 of all observers believe was made correctly on the field. In the final game of Week 1 it was analyst Steve Young left bewildered by this picayune, hair-and-fiber call.

It's tough to choose a winner from this batch. But in terms of setting the bar for Week 2, I'd say the worst call of the season so far was the illegal contact on Al Harris.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10087784/Week-2-preview:-Getting-hot-in-here

MadtownPacker
09-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Wow, you are hardcore telling us how you are gonna smoke someone. Now go back to your ipod and listen to some more NWA jams you fake piece of shit.

Wow that was harsh, buddy.

Actually, Snake has been a local to my local gun range for the past 15 years. I'm also versed in hand to hand combat (Jiu-Jitsu from my ex-girlfriend who won titles at black belt in Karate in WI and went to state with titles out of Wittenburg) and helped train the Snake in as much...I still kick the shit out my training bags...and hard-head shit-talking douchebags that think they can fight or talk trash on forums....

Not that I need help at 6'5" 230 to kick the shit out of punks (or have EVER had a problem doing it at fucking all). Is that a challenge, Mad? Bring it old man. What's your deal?

Had my .50 Cal for about 6 years now and versed in it. I'm no gun-nut, but know what I'm doing. Break into my house, then, Mad...I dare ya.

Maybe you should capitalize on being a so-so poster that just talks shit with a HUGE ass ego that couldn't bring it physically....You don't want this.

I crave the PackerRat game. Wow. Just wow.

**Note...Sorry I go to do it but here it is...

Mad is just jealous as fuck that I respect the current Admin (Joe). After he made some previous, and similar BS comments on Snake on other topics, I tried to be civil.

I PM'd Mad with why/what's the deal? etc. typed PM's...Snake never insulted, never called names, etc. as I've tried.

He's (Mad) had 100% hate for Snake cuz I praised Joe (Admin) in the past and not him (MadTown). Sobeit.

I tried over the past week to find out what's the deal on PM's and been civil as all hell (I could post those up, as you'd be surprised at how much of a hothead Mad is if you didn't already.....he's really not nice), but now the ugly colors strive though.

Whatever. I won't stoop to the condescending name-calling....MadTown just shows how it is. It's BS. I won't stoop to his level, as I could post up the BS he PM'd me back, it's really childish and insulting, but Snake is beyond that.

It's just amazing, really. Never insulted him, called names, threatened, but you'd be amazed what in 5 or 6 PM's he's (Mad) sent the Snake...crazy stuff way beyond his post on here.....all cuz I like Joe (Admin) and didn't suck his MadCock. Jealous ass stuff. What a crock. I told him I wasn't gonna spill it, but I really tried and am sick of his insults on PM and on this topic. I said hey, let's even i out. Nope...Just more insane insults, Mad, eh?

I'm not gonna call names, threaten to kick someone's ass, or brag how they would just go all out and try and be a dick on every post....but he DID all those things on PM with me. Just know that.

Mad is not a good guy on here. Most of you know it, and the few friends he's had are mutual to me (Snake). I really tried with PM's...but Mad is just nuts talking crap. It's insane how many insults/how much he's threatened me cuz he's not running Rats/jealous of Joe. I tried in PM's, but after this post from Mad. Fuck it.... I'm So..............................sick of it.

Here it is...I warned him to handle in PM's if he had a problem with Snake liking Joe. But sobeit. I'm not gonna put up with it anymore after this BS post by Mad again. I have a good time jesting with some, but damn, Mad, here it is. I don't feel bad laying it out. If I posted up your PM's, some peeps (most know you are just an insulting hothead) would be floored with how low-class you sound. I mean really low class. It's amazing how low-brow you go in those PM's. I told you to not do this (be a dick), but you did. I'll post this if I have to. It's nasty. Good luck.

I have no problem with ya like I said on PM. Lighten up and peace. I got much more problems than this forum to deal with....I told you that and tried to make peace. Obviously you are an uncaring-dart throwing beast....sobeit.

You say 110% fuck Snake cuz I suck Joe's cock, but I still say peace,

Snake.Yes your life is so busy and important you took the time to write this long ass crybaby post. I will keep mine much more short and simple.

Fuck you and the tricycle you rode in on. Post any PMs you wanna post. I really dont give a damn. I didnt do anything besides tell you to fuck off. If I lose those "friends" then they didnt have much attachment to begin with. Oh fucking well. As for Joe, if anything I feel for him having to deal with stupid redneck White boys like you. Have no reason to hate on him.

So take your big bad "6'5" self to your tub, put the eagle in your mouth and pull the trigger so the world can be a better place.

red
09-18-2009, 12:26 PM
:drma:

boiga
09-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Where the Bad-Call Bar is Set
by Kevin Hench

Week 1 was absolutely spectacular in terms of NFL officials delivering early and often on even more crappy calls than could normally be expected.

It started in the season opener on Thursday night. Referee Bill Levy — who Seahawks' fans will remember as the Steelers' 12th man in Super Bowl XL — made a terrible holding call against Pittsburgh. But that was nothing compared to the flag the back judge threw for pass interference on Troy Polamalu after the receiver he was covering perfectly jumped on his back. The call left Cris Collinsworth and Al Michaels dumbstruck in the booth.

On Sunday night, the Packers' Al Harris was called for illegal contact away from the ball for tapping a Bears receiver perhaps five-and-an-eighth yards downfield. The call kept a Bears' drive alive, led to a score and once again left the (deservedly) ubiquitous Collinsworth incredulous.

On Monday night, New England's Vince Wilfork was flagged for roughing the passer by executing a move that was heretofore known as a "tackle." This time it was Ron Jaworski's turn to express disbelief at the call he just saw, explaining that not only had Wilfork done nothing wrong, he had executed his takedown as expertly as a nose tackle could be expected to.

But the stripes weren't done ruining Week 1. In a merciless letter-of-the-law interpretation — of a rule that should be amended — referee Carl Cheffers got his magnifying glass out and denied the Raiders' Louis Murphy an obvious TD catch, apparently because Murphy did not maintain possession of the ball all the way to his mantle. It was a play that never would have been challenged by a coach outside of two minutes. Replay was not designed to overturn plays that 99.9 of all observers believe was made correctly on the field. In the final game of Week 1 it was analyst Steve Young left bewildered by this picayune, hair-and-fiber call.

It's tough to choose a winner from this batch. But in terms of setting the bar for Week 2, I'd say the worst call of the season so far was the illegal contact on Al Harris.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10087784/Week-2-preview:-Getting-hot-in-here

That raiders "obvious TD catch" was actually a good call by the officials. The ball was loose between the receivers legs and he scooped it up off the ground. The ESPN second team completely embarrassed itself by not showing the proper angle where you could see the ball come out. If the ball had just moved in his hands, it would have been a TD, but it was on the ground rolling around. Steve Young's an asshat for trying to call that a disputable call.

mraynrand
09-18-2009, 12:55 PM
That raiders "obvious TD catch" was actually a good call by the officials. The ball was loose between the receivers legs and he scooped it up off the ground. The ESPN second team completely embarrassed itself by not showing the proper angle where you could see the ball come out. If the ball had just moved in his hands, it would have been a TD, but it was on the ground rolling around. Steve Young's an asshat for trying to call that a disputable call.

That's what I saw - the ball moves in his hands and his hands were holding the ball to his body. He caught the ball cleanly and as he went to the ground, the nose of the ball hit the ground and moved in his hands, but it never popped out and he had control of the ball. I thought it was a clear touchdown.

swede
09-18-2009, 01:08 PM

That's what I saw - the ball moves in his hands and his hands were holding the ball to his body. He caught the ball cleanly and as he went to the ground, the nose of the ball hit the ground and moved in his hands, but it never popped out and he had control of the ball. I thought it was a clear touchdown.

I didn't see the play, but if the referee has seen multiple views and used up several minutes in deliberation it seems to me that he is missing the "indisputable" evidence he needs to overturn a call. I'll grant that the official may see the clear evidence he needs in video from a fourth angle after several minutes of looking at other angles. The Steeler's Super Bowl winning catch was probably an example odf that.

But I thought that it was clear that when the video evidence wasn't clear that the on-the-field decision would be upheld.

boiga
09-18-2009, 01:17 PM

Here's a video of Pereira discussing that call (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d812adbab/Official-Review-Week-1). They show the relevant angle a bunch of times, but at second 46 you can clearly see the ball rolling between his legs. The receiver actually knees the ball back into his own grip while it's rolling.

The ball was loose and it was a heads up call by the stripes.

mraynrand
09-18-2009, 01:24 PM

Here's a video of Pereira discussing that call (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d812adbab/Official-Review-Week-1). They show the relevant angle a bunch of times, but at second 46 you can clearly see the ball rolling between his legs. The receiver actually knees the ball back into his own grip while it's rolling.

The ball was loose and it was a heads up call by the stripes.

OK, that reverse angle shows it clearly. No TD.

boiga
09-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Yup, and that's how you can tell the ESPN crew were so bad that night. Any decent editor or announcer would have found that camera angle early and shown it often to explain the call.

Now all of Raider nation thinks they got jobbed. Someone at ESPN should get fired over that.

SkinBasket
09-18-2009, 03:20 PM
blah blah blah

I think the real problem here is mission. If Madtown thinks he's snake and Snake thinks he's Mobb, there'll never be peace here. He obviously needs to be banned.

Cheesehead Craig
09-18-2009, 03:28 PM
blah blah blah

I think the real problem here is mission. If Madtown thinks he's snake and Snake thinks he's Mobb, there'll never be peace here. He obviously needs to be banned.
Snake, Mad or Mobb? But if each thinks he's the other who actually leaves?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-18-2009, 03:38 PM
blah blah blah

We didn't have this problem when it was only Ty and Mission as wiggers.

Snake has to go!!!

hoosier
09-18-2009, 03:45 PM
blah blah blah

We didn't have this problem when it was only Ty and Mission as wiggers.

Snake has to go!!!

Any decision of this magnitude needs to be approached carefully and fairly. I think we should use the quality of each poster's best insult as the measuring stick. Madtown wrote:
Yes your life is so busy and important you took the time to write this long ass crybaby post. I will keep mine much more short and simple.

Fuck you and the tricycle you rode in on. I ask you, is there anything in Snake's body of work that can match that?