Tarlam!
09-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Karma is a beach.

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 08:57 AM
LOL

pbmax
09-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Anyone have a Desmond Clark update? Didn't he leave on a stretcher.

Packgator
09-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Perhaps he broke it on the Rodgers late hit.

gbgary
09-14-2009, 09:41 AM

i hope so. should have been a flag on that i think. i bet the Pack get more than one apology, from the league, for a bad call this week.

Harlan Huckleby
09-14-2009, 09:49 AM

i hope so. should have been a flag on that i think. i bet the Pack get more than one apology, from the league, for a bad call this week.

The announcer said it was "good clean football." Bullshit. Urlacher was late, it was borderline at best.

mission
09-14-2009, 09:55 AM
HH Im with you there. Borderline at best. In slow motion it looks especially late but that's to be expected. Either way, with the way the NFL supposedly wants to protect NFL QBs, it didn't seem like AR was on the safe list last night.

If Urlacher broke his wrist on that hit then I can't tell you how excited I am about that. Say what you will about sportsmanship and all that shit, but that's irony at its best and it couldn't have happened to a better guy.

AR's my guy. Don't fuck with him!

8-)

Maaaaaaan, I'd love to get a confirmation on that ... anyone know when he last played last night?

gbgary
09-14-2009, 10:06 AM
with the way the NFL supposedly wants to protect NFL QBs, it didn't seem like AR was on the safe list last night.

right! and those two f'wads that lead with their helmets when AR slid down need a hefty fine too...in my humble, unbiased opinion. :twisted:

gbgary
09-14-2009, 10:13 AM
just heard from a buddy that he's out for the season!! don't know how reliable that is though.

just found this...http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/

mission
09-14-2009, 10:17 AM
just heard from a buddy that he's out for the season!! don't know how reliable that is though.

ya i just had a few ppl msg me that on facebook...

Fosco33
09-14-2009, 10:27 AM
watching espn - says Urlacher texted saying he's done for year... and no - it wasn't on the Arod hit - it was a shot in a gang tackle vs. RG.

imscott72
09-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Yea ESPN confirms out for the season. What a huge loss. Sounds like they're trying to contact Derrick Brooks.

SkinBasket
09-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Maybe we should trade them Bishop for a couple 2nd round picks.

Fosco33
09-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Hunter was in there for 2nd half. It's my coworkers 1st cousin and roommate - surprised HH stuck it out this year. I had heard he wanted to quit and move onto business items.

Speculation they'll bring in Brooks...

Cheesehead Craig
09-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Girlacher needs to get that wrist fixed so he can properly carry his purse.

red
09-14-2009, 11:59 AM
losing him is a giant blow to that team. he's the heart and soul of that defense

swede
09-14-2009, 12:03 PM
losing him is a giant blow to that team. he's the heart and soul of that defense

Well the livers and kidneys that remained played pretty danged hard without him.

Patler
09-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Hunter was in there for 2nd half. It's my coworkers 1st cousin and roommate - surprised HH stuck it out this year. I had heard he wanted to quit and move onto business items.

Speculation they'll bring in Brooks...

Interesting about HH. That was one of the "issues" some raised about him before he was drafted, that football might not be his passion and that he would leave early for other things he wanted to do.

boiga
09-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Anyone have a Desmond Clark update? Didn't he leave on a stretcher. I heard somewhere that it was a back bruise that made it difficult for him to move after the game.

Hopefully it just stiffened up on the guy. If it were spinal, I'd think the national media would be making a bigger fuss over it.

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 01:51 PM
just heard from a buddy that he's out for the season!!

DAYUM..!

A wrist though?? :?:

packers11
09-14-2009, 01:55 PM
how does that keep you out the whole season? I broke my wrist once, it took a month to heal (although I was very young)... 2 months max and he would be back out there... Im a bit confused

BlueBrewer
09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
how does that keep you out the whole season? I broke my wrist once, it took a month to heal (although I was very young)... 2 months max and he would be back out there... Im a bit confused

It was a dislocation, maybe there was some ligament damage as well.

Dabaddestbear
09-14-2009, 02:05 PM

The announcer said it was "good clean football." Bullshit. Urlacher was late, it was borderline at best.
Come on guys...if it was the other way around there is no way you would say that was a late hit. He was launching towards the QB right as the ball was about to be released. Do you think he has the ability to pause in midair like a video game? Not even on Madden 2050 can you do that! lol.

By the way he injured it in the first quarter when he hit the ground after a tackle. He taped it up and told the team doctors he was ok as he went on to play into the second half with what he described as a little pain.
After the surgery they found it to be worse than expected. HE IS DONE FOR THE SEASON.

Tough break (no pun intended) for the Bears. We have to move on and make the most of what they can.We lost two starting LB's that game, yet the defense still seemed inspired and rolling. Eager to see how they try and pull this together.

Dabaddestbear
09-14-2009, 02:10 PM

It was said to have been dislocated at first and that they put it back in place. That very well could have made it worse by causing more damage. And a civilian coming back from a broken wrist does not compare to a NFL LB. You would not had to deal with 300lb+ men bashing into it at full speed each week.

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 02:14 PM
If Urlacher broke his wrist on that hit then I can't tell you how excited I am about that. Say what you will about sportsmanship and all that shit, but that's irony at its best and it couldn't have happened to a better guy.

C'mon Mission, its a game and i dont want ANYONE hurt...

Like I always say, the only real difference b/w these cats is who drafted them, traded for them, and frickn unifroms. If the ppl they battle hard against every week dont wish ill on each other why should we mere fans?

U a cool cat so this is Just my opinion and Im not judging you (altho u said u used to LOVE fighting - lol). Just tryna add perspective; at the end of the day he has a family and friends like all of us,

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 02:15 PM

It was said to have been dislocated at first and that they put it back in place. That very well could have made it worse by causing more damage. And a civilian coming back from a broken wrist does not compare to a NFL LB. You would not had to deal with 300lb+ men bashing into it at full speed each week.

hoosier
09-14-2009, 02:21 PM

Come on guys...if it was the other way around there is no way you would say that was a late hit. He was launching towards the QB right as the ball was about to be released. Do you think he has the ability to pause in midair like a video game? Not even on Madden 2050 can you do that! lol.

By the way he injured it in the first quarter when he hit the ground after a tackle. He taped it up and told the team doctors he was ok as he went on to play into the second half with what he described as a little pain.
After the surgery they found it to be worse than expected. HE IS DONE FOR THE SEASON.

Tough break (no pun intended) for the Bears. We have to move on and make the most of what they can. We lost two starting LB's that game, yet the defense still seemed inspired and rolling. Eager to see how they try and pull this together.

Not to mention Vashar, Tillman and Harris seemingly always being at less than full strength. But the Bears shouldn't worry about losing Urlacher. After all, "it's only a flesh wound." In all seriousness, as much as I hate the Bears, I do feel sympathy for their accumulating injuries. And I would much rather have the Pack beat them at full strength and have the joy of watching Cutler revert to his classic tantrum-and-pout mode. :lol:

mission
09-14-2009, 02:34 PM

Like I always say, the only real difference b/w these cats is who drafted them, traded for them, and frickn unifroms. If the ppl they battle hard against every week dont wish ill on each other why should we mere fans?

U a cool cat so this is Just my opinion and Im not judging you (altho u said u used to LOVE fighting - lol). Just tryna add perspective; at the end of the day he has a family and friends like all of us,

I agree... so luckily he'll get to spend more time with his family and friends this season. :lol:

If he was dead or paralyzed that'd be a different story. But he's not, and shit happens... its football.

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 02:36 PM

I agree... so luckily he'll get to spend more time with his family and friends this season. :lol:

Hahahahaha.....good one

SkinBasket
09-14-2009, 02:38 PM

He took two full steps after the ball was released and only lowered his head when he saw the ball coming out. If that's how you want your esteemed defensive leader to play, then that's fine. If it were a Packer, I would still say that the steps were at best dubious and lowering the head was poor sportsmanship - not something to be proud of or show on highlight reels.

mraynrand
09-14-2009, 02:39 PM

Tough break (no pun intended) for the Bears. We have to move on and make the most of what they can.We lost two starting LB's that game, yet the defense still seemed inspired and rolling. Eager to see how they try and pull this together.

I agree with you on Urlacher's hit on Rodgers. I like your post. You're a good fan.

Pugger
09-14-2009, 02:39 PM
I cringe when I imagin how a dislocated wrist must feel! :shock: That guy is the heart and soul of the bare's D and they are gonna have a hard time filling that hole.

boiga
09-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Apparently they're bringing in Tim Shaw to help their LB depth.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/09/source_bears_expected_to_sign.html

Does anyone know about this guy?

gbgary
09-14-2009, 03:35 PM

Come on guys...if it was the other way around there is no way you would say that was a late hit. He was launching towards the QB right as the ball was about to be released.

launching? i don't remember it that way. he was running at him and just didn't stop. he could have veered away imo. i wasn't saying i'm glad he's hurt, i never with that on anyone.

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 03:36 PM
They should certainly be calling Derrick Brooks. Cant believe no teams calling him and Marv Harrison

Bossman641
09-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Cant believe no teams calling him and Marv Harrison

I know

Who wouldn't want a veteran WR who was accused of shooting a man outside a nightclub he owns?

Oh right, and then there's also the whole thing about the accuser bringing a civil suit against Harrison and getting shot to death while sitting in his car. Certainly no baggage there. :roll:

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 03:45 PM
:lol:

I have no rebuttal

sharpe1027
09-14-2009, 03:53 PM

The way he launched himself up near Rodger's head, there is no way he meant it as a tackle. He knew the ball was gone and was trying to punish Rodgers. There's really no other good explanation for throwing you head and shoulder at another guys head like that. Zero attempt to wrap up, zero attempt at the ball. He would never have launched like that if Rodgers wasn't fully extended making the pass.

Was it late? Maybe not, but I've seen far closer calls flagged.

Dabaddestbear
09-14-2009, 04:00 PM
They should certainly be calling Derrick Brooks. Cant believe no teams calling him and Marv Harrison
There have been post about that in regards to Brooks. Have not heard anything about Harrison.

Tony Oday
09-14-2009, 04:02 PM

The way he launched himself up near Rodger's head, there is no way he meant it as a tackle. He knew the ball was gone and was trying to punish Rodgers. There's really no other good explanation for throwing you head and shoulder at another guys head like that. Zero attempt to wrap up, zero attempt at the ball. He would never have launched like that if Rodgers wasn't fully extended making the pass.

It was good football. Urlacher crushed him, AR got up game went on. I would HOPE our guys hit that hard...you get a run at a QB you smack him so he gets happy feet...like AR kind of did after Babre was beat for the umpteenth time

Dabaddestbear
09-14-2009, 04:04 PM

Ok, lets just work with facts here. He hit him with a shoulder and did not touch his helmet, not did he lead with his helmet. Do you guys like to watch football or flag football. Get serious. And I gave the link in which you can download the game, I suggest you do so and watch it over again. This is the reason why I normally just engage in TRUE football fans, not ones that swim in Koolaid. I understand being a fan, but to act as if someone is doing something illegal when they have not is just ridiculous. :roll:

sharpe1027
09-14-2009, 04:14 PM

Ok, lets just work with facts here. He hit him with a shoulder and did not touch his helmet, not did he lead with his helmet. Do you guys like to watch football or flag football. Get serious. And I gave the link in which you can download the game, I suggest you do so and watch it over again. This is the reason why I normally just engage in TRUE football fans, not ones that swim in Koolaid. I understand being a fan, but to act as if someone is doing something illegal when they have not is just ridiculous. :roll:

I never said illegal or late, maybe you should take off the paranoid tinfoil hat (that was provoked by your lame koolaid and flag football comments). I said I had seen closer calls flagged, which I have, that's a fact.

You want facts? Did he attempt to wrap up? Did he make a play for the ball? Would he tackle that way if Rodgers wasn't fully exposed in his throwing motion? If Rodgers had the ball tucked under and was a threat to run, you think he wouldn't wrap him up?

Calling someone not a TRUE (ya CAPS!!!) fan is trolling plain an simple. Go lick your wounds for a few days and cool down before posting again.

pack4to84
09-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Heard on 670 the score the Urlacher hand was separated from his wrist. D.Clark has broken rib.

packerbacker1234
09-14-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't get it. CLub it up and get out on the field.

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 04:19 PM
There have been post about that in regards to Brooks. Have not heard anything about Harrison.

Would be great addtions...

Dungy said Marv has alot left and he does have the connection with Lovie and the whole Tampa/Brooks thing

Scott Campbell
09-14-2009, 04:26 PM

What are they going to do about QB?

Patler
09-14-2009, 04:28 PM
How many of you think it would not have been a penalty if the same exact play was a Paris Lenon hit on Favre, or Brady, or Manning 1, maybe even Manning 2? A "nonstar" hit on a face of the NFL.

Last night it was a hit by a face of the NFL on a not-yet face of the NFL, so no call. That's just the way it is in pro sports. In another year or two, Rodgers might get that call, especially if it is by a lesser profile than Urlacher.

Scott Campbell
09-14-2009, 04:32 PM
The Chicago Tribune called Urlacher the new Mike Brown.

Freak Out
09-14-2009, 04:38 PM
He put a good hit on Rodgers using his shoulder....the ball was gone and he could have easily held up by why? He's supposed to do it when he gets a chance.

Freak Out
09-14-2009, 04:38 PM
The Chicago Tribune called Urlacher the new Mike Brown.

That is awesome. :)

Kiwon
09-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Tough break for Urlacher (no pun intended).

It's a good reminder of what a unpredictable sport football is.

Brady goes down first couple of plays last year and is done. Urlacher was all pumped up for the season and now he's all done.

He is a good competitor. I'm sorry to see him gone.

Patler
09-14-2009, 04:54 PM
He put a good hit on Rodgers using his shoulder....the ball was gone and he could have easily held up by why? He's supposed to do it when he gets a chance.

I believe according to the new rules protecting the QB, if the ball is away, the defender is supposed to do what he can to avoid hitting the QB. That may apply only in the pocket, and I believe Rodgers had drifted outside the tackle, hadn't he? That could explain it. But, Urlacher did not even try to hold up, which often results in a call when the hit is on the QB.

Instead of getting up as he did, Rodgers should have stayed down for a while. I bet a delayed hanky would have followed.

Freak Out
09-14-2009, 05:00 PM

I believe according to the new rules protecting the QB, if the ball is away, the defender is supposed to do what he can to avoid hitting the QB. That may apply only in the pocket, and I believe Rodgers had drifted outside the tackle, hadn't he? That could explain it. But, Urlacher did not even try to hold up, which often results in a call when the hit is on the QB.

Instead of getting up as he did, Rodgers should have stayed down for a while. I bet a delayed hanky would have followed.

Rodgers had rolled right and was way out of the pocket if I am remembering correctly.

Is that something the QB coach should be telling him? Stay down a little longer next time. :)

Patler
09-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Is that something the QB coach should be telling him? Stay down a little longer next time. :)

Ya, groan a little, grab something like it really hurts.... :lol:

Fritz
09-14-2009, 05:26 PM
That is, pretend you're a European/South American soccer player.

pack4to84
09-14-2009, 05:26 PM
I re-watched the whole first half. Urlacher didn't get hurt on the field. I think he might of hit the wall in the locker room again. Like he did a few years back.

Dabaddestbear
09-14-2009, 06:27 PM

It was good football. Urlacher crushed him, AR got up game went on. I would HOPE our guys hit that hard...you get a run at a QB you smack him so he gets happy feet...like AR kind of did after Babre was beat for the umpteenth time
Thank you Tony. I just wish we could still get excited about good solid "legal" hits, instead of always crying about any hit. I never saw AR or any of the Packer players or staff complain yet some on here are convinced that it must have a cheap shot only because that shot was a solid one on their star QB.

Everyone needs to acknowledge this game for what it was, a good hard hitting defensive game plan and play from both teams. I loved the defensive play on both sides of the ball, I just hated the play that gave up a TD for you guys to win. :oops: :cry:

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Dnag, didnt realize the bears are 0-7 in the games Brian has missed in his career...

Question: is he a HOFer?

sharpe1027
09-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Thank you Tony. I just wish we could still get excited about good solid "legal" hits, instead of always crying about any hit. I never saw AR or any of the Packer players or staff complain yet some on here are convinced that it must have a cheap shot only because that shot was a solid one on their star QB.

Everyone needs to acknowledge this game for what it was, a good hard hitting defensive game plan and play from both teams. I loved the defensive play on both sides of the ball, I just hated the play that gave up a TD for you guys to win. :oops: :cry:

Back from your timeout already?

I too say let em hit the QB; however, the league has said they won't allow it...so call it then. Same play, or even less violent, and the result has consistently been a 15 yard penalty.

As I said before, there is no doubt in my mind that Urlacher was only hitting Rodgers to hurt him, no reason to tackle that way if he was going to get to him in time. If he thought was going to get the sack, he would have swatted the arm and wrapped Rodgers up. Instead he turned his shoulder and lowered his head because he knew the ball was already out.

Is that wrong? Maybe not, but if it isn't at least a bit questionable, then why the hell are you so intent on proving me wrong?

pbmax
09-14-2009, 06:55 PM
That is, pretend you're a European/South American soccer player.
Wrong message Fritz. They should pretend they are Jim Brown. :lol:

Dabaddestbear
09-14-2009, 07:16 PM

I too say let em hit the QB; however, the league has said they won't allow it...so call it then. Same play, or even less violent, and the result has consistently been a 15 yard penalty.

As I said before, there is no doubt in my mind that Urlacher was only hitting Rodgers to hurt him, no reason to tackle that way if he was going to get to him in time. If he thought was going to get the sack, he would have swatted the arm and wrapped Rodgers up. Instead he turned his shoulder and lowered his head because he knew the ball was already out.

Is that wrong? Maybe not, but if it isn't at least a bit questionable, then why the hell are you so intent on proving me wrong?
Hey, I'm not the only one proving you wrong, your own fellow fans on here are doing it quite nicely. You have just chosen to ignore their post. :roll:

And like I said, it is a reason why NONE OF THE PACKERS or their staff complained about the hit for even a split second. Because that is a hit any player would put on a QB if they get a chance. Just like if a QB throws a Int and he is going to make a tackle, a person can cold cock him from the side without him looking. Now it may not seem cruel, but we are not playing a game of badminton here.
Wow, Urlacher was trying to inflict pain on a opposing player? What a mean defensive player! How dare he!! He is just supposed to grab their jersey and asked them to lie down softly. :roll:

Your post is a classic sir.....a football player trying to hurt another one...who woulda thunk it :?

bobblehead
09-14-2009, 07:37 PM

Hey, I'm not the only one proving you wrong, your own fellow fans on here are doing it quite nicely. You have just chosen to ignore their post. :roll:

And like I said, it is a reason why NONE OF THE PACKERS or their staff complained about the hit for even a split second. Because that is a hit any player would put on a QB if they get a chance. Just like if a QB throws a Int and he is going to make a tackle, a person can cold cock him from the side without him looking. Now it may not seem cruel, but we are not playing a game of badminton here.
Wow, Urlacher was trying to inflict pain on a opposing player? What a mean defensive player! How dare he!! He is just supposed to grab their jersey and asked them to lie down softly. :roll:

Your post is a classic sir.....a football player trying to hurt another one...who woulda thunk it :?
I have only read this page so bear with me if I'm off base. I thought the Uhrlacher hit was illegal, should have been a flag. We had similar situations with cutler where our guy let up. He took a full step after the ball was gone and lowered his shoulder. He had a TON of time to let up. If it were manning or brady there would have been a flag (or favre).

Worse yet was when he did the hook slide and 2 bears jumped on him. Blantant violation of the rules. Should have undoubtedly been 15 yards. Right in the rule book....Hook slide, don't touch. Can't be any more black and white really.

Lurker64
09-14-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm actually sad that Urhlacher is out for the season. Why? Because the Bears have 2 games remaining against the Vikings and only one against the Packers. I'd like it if the Bears won precisely two of those three.

Dabaddestbear
09-14-2009, 07:51 PM

I have only read this page so bear with me if I'm off base. I thought the Uhrlacher hit was illegal, should have been a flag. We had similar situations with cutler where our guy let up. He took a full step after the ball was gone and lowered his shoulder. He had a TON of time to let up. If it were manning or brady there would have been a flag (or favre).

Worse yet was when he did the hook slide and 2 bears jumped on him. Blantant violation of the rules. Should have undoubtedly been 15 yards. Right in the rule book....Hook slide, don't touch. Can't be any more black and white really.
Yeah, you should read all the post in regards to Urlacher.
In regards to the slide...if the players launch themselves at a QB and THEN he slides, then it IS NOT ILLEGAL. Any QB can just slide when he sees players launching at him, but it will NEVER be called.

Dabaddestbear
09-14-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm actually sad that Urhlacher is out for the season. Why? Because the Bears have 2 games remaining against the Vikings and only one against the Packers. I'd like it if the Bears won precisely two of those three.
Yeah, Urlachers sideline to sideline speed will be sorely missed when facing AP. :(

ThunderDan
09-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Yeah, you should read all the post in regards to Urlacher.
In regards to the slide...if the players launch themselves at a QB and THEN he slides, then it IS NOT ILLEGAL. Any QB can just slide when he sees players launching at him, but it will NEVER be called.

I call Bullshit on that last statement.

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 08:18 PM

I know rt?!

But to be honest, Briggs is their best LB at this point

NewsBruin
09-14-2009, 09:03 PM
When asked to comment on Urlacher's injury, Jay Cutler replied,

"Pussy."

Zool
09-14-2009, 09:17 PM

I know rt?!

Then they are fucked. He was non-existent lastnight

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 09:27 PM
When asked to comment on Urlacher's injury, Jay Cutler replied,

"Pussy."

Dabaddestbear
09-14-2009, 10:11 PM

I know rt?!

No he wasnt.....you guys ran away from his side all night, Even when Rodgers would roll out it was always to the opposite side of Briggs. He is always a force.

But that being said, he has been the best dominate LB for the Bears the past 2 years. Urlacher was the best all around LB though.

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Briggs is always a force.

But that being said, he has been the best dominate LB for the Bears the past 2 years.

Thought so.....

Sparkey
09-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Yeah, Urlachers sideline to sideline speed will be sorely missed when facing AP. :(

I think his ability to diagnose the opposing offense and what plays are being run will hurt more than his physicality on the field. Huge loss of a team leader.

Lurker64
09-15-2009, 12:39 AM

I know rt?!

When linebackers are having good games, you don't necessarily hear their name all the time. For example, Hawk had a very solid game last night but you hardly heard his name called at all.

Tarlam!
09-15-2009, 02:15 AM
I thought the hit was football fine. It aint chess. When I saw it, I thought of it more to be a "hey, A-Rod, how's tricks?" type deal. I remember him hitting Favre a coupla times in very similar fashion - without being flagged.

There are endless discussions about the injuries being a major factor in the P/O loss to Atlanta. That just sucks. I am very sad that he'll be out for the season. I want The Pack to win the SB against teams playing at their best strength, just as much as I don't want injuries to ruin the Packers' season.

Patler
09-15-2009, 07:57 AM

This explains it:

Multiple pins were inserted into the wrist and it will be in a cast for 11-12 weeks, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL.com’s Steve Wyche. At least a month of rehab will be required once he gets out of the cast and can resume any type of athletic activity with the wrist.

sharpe1027
09-15-2009, 08:36 AM

What does a split second complaint sound like?

As I said, depending on your viewpoint, there may be nothing wrong with a player intentionally hitting a QB for no reason other than to hurt him, knowing full well that the pass is gone. You fall into that category, however, why were you hesitant to admit it at first?

Zool
09-15-2009, 08:46 AM

I know rt?!

When linebackers are having good games, you don't necessarily hear their name all the time. For example, Hawk had a very solid game last night but you hardly heard his name called at all.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that Briggs played generally strong side?

The Shadow
09-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Urlacher is still a pretty good linebacker, but just not the same player he was a few years ago.
In watching the tape of Sunday's game, that fact was pretty evident before he went out with the injury. Just no longer has the same impact.
I think his absence will not have quite the same dramatic effect it once would have.
There will be a dropoff, yes, but not to the same degree.

Cheesehead Craig
09-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Dnag, didnt realize the bears are 0-7 in the games Brian has missed in his career...

Question: is he a HOFer?

I don't think his play has lived up to the hype. He's had some good seasons, but not really a special career that one would associate with the HOF.

Tarlam!
09-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Urlacher is still a pretty good linebacker, but just not the same player he was a few years ago.
In watching the tape of Sunday's game, that fact was pretty evident before he went out with the injury. Just no longer has the same impact.
I think his absence will not have quite the same dramatic effect it once would have.
There will be a dropoff, yes, but not to the same degree.

He is the undisputed leader on their defense and was an excellent game reader. Those are the qualities that will be missed the most. Unless they have someone that will step into those roles, I do, indeed, predict serious deficiencies coming.

Concerning his performance last Sunday - the guy was playing with a broken wrist! He only went out when the pain got unbearable. I respect the guy a tonne.

RE: HOF? I have no idea, but he's a great contributor to the product that is the NFL.

MOBB DEEP
09-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Tarlam,

Chris Speilman-like? Contirbutor to product

Is he a better talent?

Guiness
09-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Yea ESPN confirms out for the season. What a huge loss. Sounds like they're trying to contact Derrick Brooks.

He would be a fit there, I'm sure. I wonder what he's got left in the tank. He was an elite player, didn't seem to have much drop-off, and I've never heard anything about him being a bad locker room guy.

You have to think he's like Hardy Nickerson by the time he got to us? I can't see a guy who was that good still on the street at this point otherwise.

MichiganPackerFan
09-15-2009, 11:57 AM
how does that keep you out the whole season? I broke my wrist once, it took a month to heal

Betcha that was a long month without a sex life! Ba dum bum chhhhhh

(The line was there, had to take it!!!)

Guiness
09-15-2009, 12:00 PM

It must be quite bad for them not to throw a cast on it, and trot him back out there, the way Barnett did a couple of seasons ago. I'm sure if there was a way to get him on the field and have him effective, they'd do it whether or not it would cause long term damage.

NFL teams don't care if a guy is going to be ok down the road. Gilbert Brown's bicep injury shortened his career because he waited until the end of the season to have surgery. SD pissed around with Merriman last season, and he almost played. Urlacher must be hurt to the point where there's no way he can get on the field.

Guiness
09-15-2009, 12:12 PM

What Patler said. While I don't think it was an overly dirty hit, but it was late, and it's up to the defender to avoid the hit on the QB after the ball is out. Continuation is not allowed, as you well know.

You don't have to like it, but that's the league now. Even if he was airborne as you said in an earlier post (I don't remember that), it really is up to the defender to pretty much twist his body to avoid the hit.

Guiness
09-15-2009, 12:13 PM

What are they going to do about QB?

damn. That is funny.

The Shadow
09-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Even his hometown writers see him as declining.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/1771748,afternoon-sports-club-urlacher-15.article

Pugger
09-15-2009, 02:54 PM

He would be a fit there, I'm sure. I wonder what he's got left in the tank. He was an elite player, didn't seem to have much drop-off, and I've never heard anything about him being a bad locker room guy.

You have to think he's like Hardy Nickerson by the time he got to us? I can't see a guy who was that good still on the street at this point otherwise.

This is what I was thinking too...

Pugger
09-15-2009, 02:58 PM
While we're discussing late hits on QBs did you guys see that hit on McNabb Sunday? This was the play where DM got that cracked rib. If memory serves there wasn't even a freaking flag!! :shock: I'd hope that thug from Carolina gets fined so he doesn't pull that stunt on another player laying on the turf like that. :evil:

Iron Mike
09-15-2009, 07:56 PM
how does that keep you out the whole season? I broke my wrist once, it took a month to heal

Betcha that was a long month without a sex life! Ba dum bum chhhhhh

(The line was there, had to take it!!!)

http://imagechan.com/images/b24cede4852b3372294775a682a11975.jpg

SnakeLH2006
09-16-2009, 02:17 AM
Urlacher's not a big deal anymore. Scouts have said how he's slipped for the past few years. Not a big loss (maybe leadership but that's it). At least someone on Da Bears has the nutz to call it like it is when he said "Cutler is a pussy." Snake respects that bravado, Urlacher....Not like we as PackerRats didn't know that already. Go lose some more games, Cutler, you winning ass dude.

17-21 as an NFL starter.
11-31 as a collegiate starter.
Sucks as a winner/leader....looks like a pouty ass 8th grader who can't go play kickball cuz he threw too many temper tantrums (and now INT's as an adult).....HAHAHAHAHAHHA...Da Bears!!!

God I love Arod. Guy's a leader. Go Pack.

MOBB DEEP
09-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Urlacher's not a big deal anymore. Scouts have said how he's slipped for the past few years. Not a big loss (maybe leadership but that's it).

God I love Arod. Guy's a leader

Hmmm..... :?:

Dabaddestbear
09-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Karma is a beach.
yep it is. And your comment could be the reason you have an injured Starting Safety and a starting LT since this comment was made.

I cant stand the Packers as a team, but I have never wished for or celebrated any injury or on any player.

SnakeLH2006
09-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Karma is a beach.
yep it is. And your comment could be the reason you have an injured Starting Safety and a starting LT since this comment was made.

I cant stand the Packers as a team, but I have never wished for or celebrated any injury or on any player.

.....just physical deformity, eh, tough guy? :roll:

BEARMAN
09-25-2009, 07:23 PM

Look at it again chump, Good, Clean HIT ! :twisted:

Fritz
09-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Super Bowl Shuffle? When was that?

That's what it says under your avatar.

Nice face paint, though.

BEARMAN
09-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Fritz, ... admitt it, ... you LIKE me ! ? :lol: