PDA

View Full Version : What did we learn about coaches last night?

Patler
09-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Just as in the business world, some coaches are outstanding at very high levels, but maybe not the top position.

Perhaps Dom Capers is not made to be a head coach, but he proved again last night that he sure can install defenses and turn around the defensive fortunes of a team. I have not seen such an enthusiastic performance from the Packers on defense in a long time.

So also with Rod Marinelli. I had heard, but never really "studied" him as a d-line coach. At the time of his firing, many said that he would be a great pick-up for someone as a d-line coach. The Bears d-line was breathing fire last night.

Perhaps both should be satisfied with that.

Partial
09-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Agree on both accounts. Dom is looking like a stud.

red
09-14-2009, 04:18 PM
i just hope that no other teams get any foolish ideas and try to sign him as a head coach again next year

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Zorn has to go; no imagination in his play calln

Lurker64
09-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Zorn has to go; no imagination in his play calln

But considering that Snyder in Washington is a "big name" kind of guy, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he goes after one of the high profile coaches who have had success in the past but are currently out of work (Holmgren, Cowher, Shanahan) rather than a guy in Capers who's had his shot at the HC position and it didn't really work out well for him.

Nobody would be surprised if Dan Snyder made Cowher the highest paid coach in the history of coaching this offseason.

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Agreed; and he's been coveting him since he left Pitt. I do think Caps is his kinda guy though